Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: TODAY I COMPLETED...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... Page: <<   < prev  45 46 [47] 48 49   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 7/3/2011 9:15:23 PM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

Dead Space 2. Damn, those last couple of chapters were bastards. Having said that it all left me a little unsatisfied and I'm not sure if I actually enjoyed all the constant, nerve-jangling horror and panic.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

I know what you mean mate. I came away thinking that the game was the most thrilling, exhilerating title I'd played in a long time. I felt a mixture of enjoyment, and feeling like an ordeal that I was glad to have got through

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 1381
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 8/3/2011 8:39:26 AM   
Chief

Killzone 2, Normal.

I know, very late to the party but I wanted to play it before 3.

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 1382
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 8/3/2011 11:03:46 PM   
Lang

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

tis a shame i rushed it, i will now have an even longer wait for Drakes Deception

< Message edited by Lang -- 8/3/2011 11:04:05 PM >

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1383
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 12/3/2011 1:25:19 PM   
themightyhutch

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves on Hard. Still a fantastic game. I plan on quickly getting the last few treasures I missed and getting those last few trophies too. Then I'll hit Infamous then when that's done back to Uncharted to do it on Crushing.

Fantastic few weeks of gaming set up for me.

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 1384
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 12/3/2011 2:46:14 PM   
Spektre

Tron Evolution...7 levels so it didn't take too long. Now trying to clear up the final achievements.

(in reply to themightyhutch)
Post #: 1385
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 15/3/2011 10:37:19 AM   
Chief

Finally got round to finishing the first chapter of Tales of Monkey Island.

Absolutely brilliant, can't wait to get stuck into the other chapters then go back and do Secret of Monkey Island 1 & 2.

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 1386
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 16/3/2011 12:19:15 AM   
Brobe

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune on Crushing finally, and I found all the treasures (albeit with help) - now to get about three more fighting trophies and I'll have earned a second Platinum (after Arkham Asylum)!!

UPDATE: I have now not only got Platinum for Uncharted but also tonight got Platinum for Uncharted 2!!

< Message edited by Brobe -- 17/3/2011 6:50:19 PM >

Bow ties are cool.

PSN ID: Paperchris

http://twitter.com/iamchriswright

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1387
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 21/3/2011 11:59:56 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

Prince Of Persia: Forgotten Sands 2.5/5

Good last section, crap last boss battle, crap ending. Easy trophies though

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to Brobe)
Post #: 1388
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 9/4/2011 11:28:05 AM   
the anomaly

Fable 3

Glad I didn't buy this one ... yep that's a great way to start. What can I say? It's just not a great game. If you've played the last two games you've seen it all before. Yet this takes one step forward and two steps back. There's a great game in there some where and it still has it's own unique charm. But it just feels like they have run out of steam here. The homages and links to the old games just feel like re-hashes of previous missions. All the fun digs and jokes seem tired and worn.

When you finally become King the choices are great ... yet they are still rooted in the standard Heavenly good OR Hellishly bad even when you have a real reason to chose the so called bad choice. For example the kingdom needs some money and an opportunity arises to drain a lake and mine resources below. This is an evil choice even though the character who argues the point that once they have mined for resources the lake can be refilled and the area would eventually (given time) be returned to it's former glory. Whilst it could go down badly with some it just made a lot of sense. Yet it's still painted as an evil/bad choice.

Combat is bare bones. AI seem to stop mid fights and just not attack they just seem confused at what they have to do. All you have to do is keep tapping one button. Guns, magic, melee  ... in the long run it doesn't matter. Infact for me magic and guns worked best as projectiles were just safer. Then just roll around. It's boring and just a grind.

Interaction is basic still ... making friends is oh so pointless. Once you have wooed them with a dance they will like you enough to send you on a fetch quest! BRILLIANT. You can do this with any of the random NPC's in the game. You can even marry them after as they are all oh so different.

Honestly just watch the zero punctuation review ... it sums it up 100% right on the money. Fable 4 won't be fooling me I learnt my lesson at 2 and only got this on a rental and then borrowed it from a mate.

Why did I clock it? Well you can play it when your half asleep. You barely have to focus on what's going on. Just follow the golden trail and tap some buttons.

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 1389
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 9/4/2011 4:17:13 PM   
Gizmo 76

Crysis 2 on 'SuperSolider' Difficulty... not really that difficult if you take your time and pick your fights...

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 1390
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 9/4/2011 4:21:40 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Good game, pretty much more of the same with a little bit of extra garnish. Calling in your assassin's was a great, albeit slightly game breaking, addition.

WTF at the ending though .

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 1391
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 9/4/2011 6:23:58 PM   
indysgill

Star Wars : The Force Unleashed II

On Easy going back to complete it on Unleashed. Despite reviews I enjoyed it.

Some of the cut scenes look amazing.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 1392
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 12/4/2011 9:51:27 PM   
SWOTBM

Yakuza 4.  Absolutely brilliant.  Would have been even better had I not had the 8 day intermission due to my PS3 breaking.  Anyway, story was superb and leaves it perfectly poised for a sequel. 

I am usually the first to moan about developers milking a franchise, but this series is an exception. The writing/story is crisp and fresh, and the developers keep adding new gameplay innovations (in this case taking control of four different, but equally awesome, characters was definitely an inspired decision).  In a way, I dont know if Sega can really go back to a Kazuma-only style game with Yakuza 5, because the blend of characters worked so well. 

So much stuff still left to do (I've only completed 18% of the game after about 30 hours )

EDIT: I HAZ 1000 POSTS!!!1!1

< Message edited by SWOTBM -- 12/4/2011 9:52:38 PM >

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 1393
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 13/4/2011 10:18:55 AM   
Jodan_King

Assassins Creed 1 - after having done 2 and brotherhood, thought I should give this a go. Worth just it get a few of the story points I had missed. Not as bad as I expected considering all the cries of tiresome repetition I had heard. Not that hard either, although I did not really bother with the flags and full completion of some missions. I really like the story, am a bit of a sucker for conspiracy theories

< Message edited by Jodan_King -- 13/4/2011 3:32:27 PM >

"I'm storming your castle on my steed m'lady!"

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 1394
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 13/4/2011 11:20:09 AM   
sharkboy

I've had the first AC game on my HDD for ages now - really should go back and complete it at some stage too!

Anyway, not today, but a couple of weeks ago I completed Dragon Age 2 and am now well through a second playthrough to mop up the last few achievements (missed 2 of the collecting ones by one item first time through!).  Not as enjoyable an experience as the first one, but still pretty good fun and the final cut scene hints at the possible storyline of DA:3 have me quite excited!

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Jodan_King)
Post #: 1395
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 16/4/2011 3:48:33 PM   
Chojin

Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)

It was highly enjoyable but jesus christ did it get tough towards the end. I really want to check the sequel out on PSP but if the difficulty gets as extreme as this I don't think i'll have the patience to finish it - got a little bit too punishing towards the end. The only thing that annoyed me was the level cap, if it had a higher level to attain I would have been more than happy to grind a little more to make it easier.

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 1396
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 16/4/2011 4:22:05 PM   
pedros

Puzzle Quest - have been stuck on the last guy for months and decided to have a go for the first time in ages this morning and beat him first go!

Now I just need the online achievement, which is a pain as on the rare occasion I have managed to get a game online I have had my ass completely whooped.

I'd rather see Dave Lee Travis play Macbeth.

Hey, wha' happened???

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 1397
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 16/4/2011 11:50:53 PM   
pablodiabloescobar

Black Ops on average normal setting - just wanted it over and done with

Rapture
Waiting to capture that moment
Postponement
Suspension of rational movement
So bang on the hour of twelve
To the forest clearing we'll delve
With guns to our heads for we know
That heaven awaits us

(in reply to pedros)
Post #: 1398
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 17/4/2011 4:29:22 AM   
pablodiabloescobar

Dead Space - pretty much 2 years after starting it i finally got round to finishing it off...... that ending made me physically yelp!!

Rapture
Waiting to capture that moment
Postponement
Suspension of rational movement
So bang on the hour of twelve
To the forest clearing we'll delve
With guns to our heads for we know
That heaven awaits us

(in reply to pablodiabloescobar)
Post #: 1399
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 17/4/2011 11:45:14 AM   
dark crystal

JINKS ON DARK CRYSTAL'S PROFILE:

Crysis 2, finished last night. Great game - pity it had to end at some point. Still least its finished ready for trade in against Mortal Kombat this week

"You're not too smart, are you? I like that in a man"

(in reply to pablodiabloescobar)
Post #: 1400
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 17/4/2011 5:55:52 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Peggle - iPhone.

All of Adventure mode and all of the challenges. I should probably do the same on my 360 version of it, I've barely played it.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to dark crystal)
Post #: 1401
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 17/4/2011 6:20:07 PM   
themightyhutch

Infamous last week. Fantastically fun. Will go back to it to collect shards, dead drops and play the game Infamous.

Moved back onto Dead Rising 2. So much fun.

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 1402
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 17/4/2011 7:33:25 PM   
sparkwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

I've had the first AC game on my HDD for ages now - really should go back and complete it at some stage too!

Anyway, not today, but a couple of weeks ago I completed Dragon Age 2 and am now well through a second playthrough to mop up the last few achievements (missed 2 of the collecting ones by one item first time through!).  Not as enjoyable an experience as the first one, but still pretty good fun and the final cut scene hints at the possible storyline of DA:3 have me quite excited!

I've finished it three times now (once with each type of character) and second what you're saying! The final scene was more exciting than the rest of the story!

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 1403
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 27/4/2011 5:59:19 PM   
Dark Knight

Operation Flashpoint: Red River.

If it was just a generic war based FPS like the COD series, it might have been pretty poor. Thankfully I played it before making such a silly judgement and I found a great little game underneath. Some cracking dialogue, pretty tense firefights and an amazing co-op experience.

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

(in reply to sparkwood)
Post #: 1404
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 27/4/2011 7:36:05 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dark Knight

If it was just a generic war based FPS like the COD series, it might have been pretty poor. Thankfully I played it before making such a silly judgement and I found a great little game underneath. Some cracking dialogue, pretty tense firefights and an amazing co-op experience.

I completed this the other day on my own, then with Borstal and then today with Geest (last couple of missions). Amazing game!

Geest said it with (cracking dialogue and tense firefights!)

All Work & No Play! :(

(in reply to Dark Knight)
Post #: 1405
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 27/4/2011 7:40:18 PM   
indysgill

quote:

ORIGINAL: themightyhutch

Infamous last week. Fantastically fun. Will go back to it to collect shards, dead drops and play the game Infamous.

Moved back onto Dead Rising 2. So much fun.

Shards are a bitch.
I missed one and it took hours to find.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to themightyhutch)
Post #: 1406
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 27/4/2011 8:49:48 PM   
borstal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dark Knight

tense! TENSE! TENSE!!! More tense than a camping site.

I thought it ended a bit quickly and feel it a bit lacking that theres not a whopping 100g cheev for completing on hardcore which is what really lifted the last game. Saying that it was so utterly refreshing in its non-gungo ho-ness. Its what helps it stand out from the rest of the (sometimes really good) crowd. The pacing throws you at first but it feels just so right. The opening level had me worried with its 'seen it all before' opening but then it eases into a more realistic feel in no time.

Its the unrelenting feel of tension that really helps it feel so good. Even on normal with all the aids of waypoint markers, visual enemy placement markers etc the game is so nervy due to its one hit can kill remit. More than than most games it feels like you are a soldier in a war rather than you are a one man war.

The fireteam missions really add to the package with a nice variety of stuff to do. Im keeping my eyes peeled for some DLC but the addition of that hardcore cheevie is both unlikely but really wanted.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Dark Knight)
Post #: 1407
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 7/5/2011 9:59:33 PM   
SWOTBM

Dragon Age 2

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 1408
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 8/5/2011 9:50:34 PM   
sparkwood

Mortal Kombat Story Mode in the default difficulty. Which is probably medium. Much better than the previous games!

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 1409
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 9/5/2011 8:46:18 AM   
Chief

Portal 2, single player. Now to have a wee look at co-op.

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 1410
Page:   <<   < prev  45 46 [47] 48 49   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... Page: <<   < prev  45 46 [47] 48 49   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI