Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Today I completed...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Today I completed... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Today I completed... - 18/5/2006 12:34:55 PM   
Ruprecht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Walkerboy
I'm not a fan or RPG's and there's only so much shooting you can stick with......
I gave up on GTA:SA after struggling on one mission, then 6 months later went back to it and got stuck in.  Unfortunately my memory card was then stolen - and there's no way I'm starting all over again.
Most of my games are sports related.......

To be poncey about it, that means you're more of a ludologist than a narratologist.

(in reply to Walkerboy)
Post #: 31
RE: Today I completed... - 18/5/2006 12:46:16 PM   
borstal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ruprecht

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal
I am having much difficulty getting the achievements on Hexic HD, good gam though!

Anyone got any tips on how to get better scores/more achievements on Geometry Wars?

Yeah I quite like Hexic. Not sure I would have bought it if it hadn't come free with the hard drive though.

Can't help you with Geometry Wars, but currently it's the only XBLA game I'm considering paying for, having really enjoyed the Trial Version. Would you say the full game is worth it?

I think so, I havent scored more than 200,000 yet! I had the trial version for a while and decided to get it. Im sure I'll get my moneys worth :)

Gauntlet has aged badly :(

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Ruprecht)
Post #: 32
RE: Today I completed... - 18/5/2006 12:48:17 PM   
Ruprecht

quote:

I think so, I havent scored more than 200,000 yet! I had the trial version for a while and decided to get it. Im sure I'll get my moneys worth :)

Gauntlet has aged badly :(

It has, hasn't it? I was genuinely excited at the prospect, and thought it was a great idea for an XBLA game. Then I played it.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 33
RE: Today I completed... - 18/5/2006 12:59:14 PM   
borstal

Was that multiplayer online? I was hoping that still may be good......

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

(in reply to Ruprecht)
Post #: 34
RE: Today I completed... - 18/5/2006 1:32:41 PM   
Ruprecht

quote:

Was that multiplayer online? I was hoping that still may be good......

Yeah. 'Twas poor.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 35
RE: Today I completed... - 18/5/2006 5:36:48 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

GamerScore Whoring is BAD!

That said, King Kong is the easiest 1000 points in existence.

Not really that fussed about the actual points. It's the achievements I dig. I know they're pretty much the same thing but it was the Achievements that kept me going on GRAW whereas otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

I'm not really looking for easy gp's. I'm looking for games where you feel as if you've accomplished something when you unlock an achievement. Kong doesn't float my boat at all in that respect.

Just done a little swapsy with my mate. GRAW for FM2006. I reckon I'll be playing that for a while now

FM2006 is great I bought it earlier in the week, you should join the league next week that Rocky is organising, we've got 5 people so far, we're hoping for a few more.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 36
RE: Today I completed... - 19/5/2006 10:18:17 AM   
Megalo-who?

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Megalo-who?

quote:

What I meant was codes that give you things like unlimted lives or unlimited ammo.... not ones that take you to the last stage (Rogue Squadron).

I'm not good at completing games.... I just get bored and move onto something else instead!

Not a fan of narrative driven games then?

I'm not a fan or RPG's and there's only so much shooting you can stick with......
I gave up on GTA:SA after struggling on one mission, then 6 months later went back to it and got stuck in.  Unfortunately my memory card was then stolen - and there's no way I'm starting all over again.

Most of my games are sports related.......

I wasn't really talking about RPG's.

(in reply to Walkerboy)
Post #: 37
RE: Today I completed... - 19/5/2006 6:12:26 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

FM2006 is great I bought it earlier in the week, you should join the league next week that Rocky is organising, we've got 5 people so far, we're hoping for a few more.

Yup I know. I've owned the PC version for the last year, it's a cracking game.

I have to say that I reckon the impementation of the joypad has been handled extremely well. It literally took me about 10 minutes to get used to the controls. And considering I've been playing this series since CM 99/00 on the PC that's quite an achievement on SI's part.

I may join this tournament. It's just that I'm usually not playing on t'360 till after 10ish most nights (After the missus has gone to bed). If this doesn't cause too much of a problem then sign me up

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 38
RE: Today I completed... - 19/5/2006 6:22:12 PM   
Spektre

Today I completed........

...a lap on Mugello (moto gp demo) with the time of 1:24.15, and a lap on Tokyo with a time of 0:55.70.

What?

Post #: 39
RE: Today I completed... - 22/5/2006 11:32:29 AM   
paulyboy

Today (or at the weekend) I have mostly been completing..........

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter and Condemned: Criminal Origins.

Have to say, Condemned really was a whole lot better than I ever gave it credit for, I've had it since Christmas but got some what disenchanted half way through the second level thanks to the samey level strcuture and repetitive combat. This weekend though through sheer boredom I stuck it back on and found a cracking little game, it really comes into it's own once your past the fourth level or so, I couldn't put it down.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to Spektre)
Post #: 40
RE: Today I completed... - 22/5/2006 11:36:07 AM   
Ruprecht

Yesterday I completed Call of Duty 2 on Veteran.

I have become a man!

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 41
RE: Today I completed... - 22/5/2006 5:32:43 PM   
Bobby B

Just finished New Super Mario Bros on DS. Fantastic game, if a little short....

(in reply to Ruprecht)
Post #: 42
RE: Today I completed... - 22/5/2006 7:30:17 PM   
TobiasFunke

...an exam at uni. Yesterday I completed Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories! Just got to finish the additional Riku game now...

Bill Maher: Herbert Hoover was a shitty President but even he didn't concede an entire metropolis to rising water and snakes!

(in reply to Bobby B)
Post #: 43
RE: Today I completed... - 23/5/2006 12:47:22 PM   
Spektre

I finished Call of Duty 2 on Veteran a couple of days ago.

(in reply to TobiasFunke)
Post #: 44
RE: Today I completed... - 25/5/2006 9:40:42 AM   
Hooch0959

Last night i finished GRAW on easy & hard

"Stand away from those stern cleats! Back home we get a taxidermy man, he's gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him!"

"I have a gift for disaster"

(in reply to Spektre)
Post #: 45
RE: Today I completed... - 25/5/2006 11:59:47 PM   
DJ Satan

Today I just finished Tomb Raider: Legend on normal.I also finished the Bolivia Time Trial and the first and last missions on hard difficulty. 

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to Hooch0959)
Post #: 46
RE: Today I completed... - 26/5/2006 10:33:33 AM   
Yeti

...The Thieves Den on Oblivion. Then kicked myself about realising that all of the trainers I hire are worse than me.

...Kessen. (Not sure why I went back to it, actually).

Also, I'm quite the fan of Geometry Wars, I found it fairly easy to get past 100,000 without dying, but 250,000 is proving a nightmare. Me poor tired brain can only cope with one go at a time. It does make me pray that someone will get round to releasing Tempest 2000...

We sit over our keyboards shoveling Pot Noodles down our mouths. Not because we're hungry. Not because we like them. Just to stifle the sobs for another minute or two.

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 47
RE: Today I completed... - 29/5/2006 9:26:49 PM   
DJ Satan

Tomb Raider: Legend.
All Time Trials. 100% Gold, Silver and Bronze awards.
Completed on hard.

That game is 100% rinsed.

(in reply to Yeti)
Post #: 48
RE: Today I completed... - 29/5/2006 9:31:13 PM   
borstal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yeti

...The Thieves Den on Oblivion. Then kicked myself about realising that all of the trainers I hire are worse than me.

...Kessen. (Not sure why I went back to it, actually).

Also, I'm quite the fan of Geometry Wars, I found it fairly easy to get past 100,000 without dying, but 250,000 is proving a nightmare. Me poor tired brain can only cope with one go at a time. It does make me pray that someone will get round to releasing Tempest 2000...

I can only just sore 250k nevermind without dying, and I join you in prayer for a Tempest 2000 release....funky bonus levels...

(in reply to Yeti)
Post #: 49
RE: Today I completed... - 29/5/2006 11:09:38 PM   
Megalo-who?

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Well I have finished my second ever playthrough of this masterpiece, after 7 or so years. I think it really can hold the title of best game ever made. Majora's Mask still has the more satisfying ending though.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 50
RE: Today I completed... - 30/5/2006 11:12:41 AM   
Ruprecht

Over weekend I completed Condemned: Criminal Origins on the 360. Played through it once more to get 100% as well!

(in reply to Megalo-who?)
Post #: 51
RE: Today I completed... - 31/5/2006 8:51:00 PM   
Harry Tuttle

COD2 on regular. Going to give Veteran a try now. Caen and Hill 400 are going to be a bitch methinks

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to Ruprecht)
Post #: 52
RE: Today I completed... - 1/6/2006 9:06:07 AM   
Ruprecht

quote:

COD2 on regular. Going to give Veteran a try now. Caen and Hill 400 are going to be a bitch methinks

Hill 400 wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. D-Day was the level that drove me up the wall.

Post #: 53
RE: Today I completed... - 1/6/2006 9:10:59 AM   
Spektre

I completed Hitman: Blood Money on Rookie yesterday.

(in reply to Ruprecht)
Post #: 54
RE: Today I completed... - 1/6/2006 2:45:34 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

Hill 400 wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. D-Day was the level that drove me up the wall.

Well clearing out City Hall in Stalingrad is giving me major grief. I have 5 or 6 AI with me yet they won't lift a finger to help until I've cleared the 2nd floor it seems. But I ain't fucking Rambo and keep getting killed by the last dude left. Which is annoying because he is nowhere to be seen until I turn my back on him and then he appears about 2 feet away from me. It's really starting to stress me out

Fuck knows how I'm going to Repel their attack. I had hassle with that on Regular

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 1/6/2006 2:46:45 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Ruprecht)
Post #: 55
RE: Today I completed... - 1/6/2006 2:50:08 PM   
Ruprecht

quote:

quote:

Well clearing out City Hall in Stalingrad is giving me major grief. I have 5 or 6 AI with me yet they won't lift a finger to help until I've cleared the 2nd floor it seems. But I ain't fucking Rambo and keep getting killed by the last dude left. Which is annoying because he is nowhere to be seen until I turn my back on him and then he appears about 2 feet away from me. It's really starting to stress me out

Fuck knows how I'm going to Repel their attack. I had hassle with that on Regular

The hardest thing in the game is when you have to go upstairs and there are guards there, but you're not sure where. I get nervous going up stairs in the real world because of the stress that game put me through.

Repelling the attack isn't so hard. Just stand at the top of the stairs and mow them down.

Post #: 56
RE: Today I completed... - 1/6/2006 7:39:57 PM   
King Nate II

Completed Shadow of the Colossus just a few minutes ago. Still kind of reeling.....

" Remember, remember the fifth of November, the gunpowder, treason and plot. I see no reason the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot! "

Ron Burgundy is a god walking amongst mere mortals. So nyah.

(in reply to Ruprecht)
Post #: 57
RE: Today I completed... - 1/6/2006 10:23:13 PM   
The Janitor

Completed FEAR today, I was left a little disappointed with it.  I felt it got fairly repetitive towards the end. The fire fights looked awesome to start with but the novelty wore a bit thin after a while. Not a patch on half life 2.

(in reply to King Nate II)
Post #: 58
RE: Today I completed... - 4/6/2006 1:54:06 PM   
DJ Satan

Just finished Gun. After a shaky start I really got into it. The storyline is pretty good and all the side missions were fun to do.
Now to find the last three pieces of Gold.

(in reply to The Janitor)
Post #: 59
RE: Today I completed... - 4/6/2006 2:04:51 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

I got perfect on every single event on Burnout Revenge on the 360 yesterday so I have 100% completed it. There are still a few achievements to get (all online ones apart from getting all the signature takedowns).

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Today I completed... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI