Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Most Beautiful Photo You've Ever Taken

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: The Most Beautiful Photo You've Ever Taken Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Most Beautiful Photo You've Ever Taken - 16/5/2012 6:42:28 PM   
hubu_phonk

Managed to take a couple of ok shots at the Zoo . Hard to try and compose well when you have a bouncing 3 year old trying to run away every couple of minutes

< Message edited by hubu_phonk -- 16/5/2012 6:43:29 PM >

Straight in, no kissing

http://www.last.fm/user/hubuphonk

(in reply to hozay)
Post #: 661
RE: The Most Beautiful Photo You've Ever Taken - 16/5/2012 6:48:17 PM   
Chief Wiggum

quote:

That one's fantastic! great light cast through the pool

< Message edited by Chief Wiggum -- 16/5/2012 6:50:11 PM >

The Empire Forum Photo Competition - join now for fun and profit. okay no profit, or fun. but do it anyway!

(in reply to hubu_phonk)
Post #: 662
RE: The Most Beautiful Photo You've Ever Taken - 16/5/2012 7:22:53 PM   
hubu_phonk

^ Cheers bud. I was thinking after these photo's, to start using my camera to better effect. i lack a fair bit in sharpness and tone, i just use my camera's auto settings. So i think for the next OTPC of giving it great guns and being more manual to get the look i want and getting a picture with better depth

Straight in, no kissing

(in reply to Chief Wiggum)
Post #: 663
RE: The Most Beautiful Photo You've Ever Taken - 16/5/2012 9:37:21 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief Wiggum

quote:

That one's fantastic! great light cast through the pool

Yep, That one really stood out for me as well

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

Post #: 664
RE: The Most Beautiful Photo You've Ever Taken - 17/5/2012 6:23:44 PM   
sanchia

Any of him as Map Nazi.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 665
RE: The Most Beautiful Photo You've Ever Taken - 17/5/2012 7:00:59 PM   
Chief Wiggum

was faffing about the other day when I remembered my lens goes to f32, never having touched it before I wanted to see how sharp an image I could get...

The irritating thing is that you really see how dusty the sensor is - spent a good 5 minutes fixing the spots in photoshop, along with sorting out colours

The Empire Forum Photo Competition - join now for fun and profit. okay no profit, or fun. but do it anyway!

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 666
RE: The Most Beautiful Photo You've Ever Taken - 18/5/2012 12:43:07 AM   
hozay

quote:

was faffing about the other day when I remembered my lens goes to f32, never having touched it before I wanted to see how sharp an image I could get...

The irritating thing is that you really see how dusty the sensor is - spent a good 5 minutes fixing the spots in photoshop, along with sorting out colours

Worth the effort, it's come up near perfect, so clear.
The great thing about digital is you can go back and all your info / shot stats are embedded with the image, f stop, iso, exposure time etc, very handy info for future reference and self - learning aspects not to mention proof of ownership.

I love some of hubu's shots above too especially the chameleon.

Post #: 667
RE: The Most Beautiful Photo You've Ever Taken - 18/5/2012 2:54:45 AM   
hubu_phonk

^ ach cheers Hozay! I just wish they were better in a fair few ways. But i gotta say, to Chief Wiggum, that's a SERIOUSLY PSYCHEDELIC PHOTO

< Message edited by hubu_phonk -- 18/5/2012 2:55:32 AM >

Straight in, no kissing

(in reply to hozay)
Post #: 668
RE: The Most Beautiful Photo You've Ever Taken - 18/5/2012 3:07:59 AM   
hozay

These photos are pretty straight up but quite nice to look at. Sometimes all it takes is a good view and a steady hand for a decent result.

A couple of weeks ago my sister in law and her new husband came over to visit from Japan and have their honeymoon here and I was asked to book a Resort Hotel room for them near our place.
I made them very happy I think ..........

Second building on the left, circled apartment....

and their view south.......

(in reply to hubu_phonk)
Post #: 669
RE: The Most Beautiful Photo You've Ever Taken - 18/5/2012 6:28:18 AM   
Hobbitonlass

Stop posting such great pics hozay, jealous of the place AND weather!

That picture is amazing Chief and great job with Photoshop! Which version have you got?

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to hozay)
Post #: 670
RE: The Most Beautiful Photo You've Ever Taken - 18/5/2012 8:53:27 AM   
Chief Wiggum

My American Aunt sent me the whole Creative Suite 5 just after I got my camera - a bit of overkill, and I've never used half of it. hell I mostly don't use half of Photoshop - Camera Raw is such a powerful tool you don't need to use much else

Post #: 671
RE: The Most Beautiful Photo You've Ever Taken - 18/5/2012 8:56:40 AM   
hubu_phonk

^ whats camera raw?. I have a Lynux operating sysytem which means i can't get photoshop

Straight in, no kissing

Post #: 672
RE: The Most Beautiful Photo You've Ever Taken - 18/5/2012 9:03:41 AM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

My American Aunt sent me the whole Creative Suite 5 just after I got my camera - a bit of overkill, and I've never used half of it. hell I mostly don't use half of Photoshop - Camera Raw is such a powerful tool you don't need to use much else

My American Aunt sent me CS4 many years ago but a lot of it has stopped working for some reason so am now looking around for the best one to get.

I had a problem with my raw files after I got back from Barcelona as CS4 didn't recognise them, neither did Sony's own RAW convertor!! Had to go all round the flipping houses to get them to jpeg Love shooting in raw but don't want to go through that hassle again!

Post #: 673
RE: The Most Beautiful Photo You've Ever Taken - 18/5/2012 9:29:25 AM   
Chief Wiggum

quote:

ORIGINAL: hubu_phonk

^ whats camera raw?. I have a Lynux operating sysytem which means i can't get photoshop

Camera Raw is a program within Photoshop, it allows you to change the settings on Raw files (digital negatives) so you can reset the white balance, play around with tone curves, make adjustments to exposure, sharpening, etc.

As you're on Linux, you can probably install a version of GIMP which is open source, and is apparantly quite good...

http://www.gimp.org/about/introduction.html

HobbitonLass - CS6 is coming out very soon, there may even be a free beta version available. As for the file issue, it does seem a little weird, have you looked at installing the windows camera codec pack for Win 7?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26829

(in reply to hubu_phonk)
Post #: 674
RE: The Most Beautiful Photo You've Ever Taken - 18/5/2012 9:36:25 AM   
hubu_phonk

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: hubu_phonk

Camera Raw is a program within Photoshop, it allows you to change the settings on Raw files (digital negatives) so you can reset the white balance, play around with tone curves, make adjustments to exposure, sharpening, etc.

As you're on Linux, you can probably install a version of GIMP which is open source, and is apparantly quite good...

http://www.gimp.org/about/introduction.html

HobbitonLass - CS6 is coming out very soon, there may even be a free beta version available. As for the file issue, it does seem a little weird, have you looked at installing the windows camera codec pack for Win 7?

i have Gimp but i haven't really used it as i found it very hard to use in comparison to Phototshop. But the raw thang sounds interesting. I'm currently reading online how to use my camera and the settings to get better pictures

Straight in, no kissing

Post #: 675
RE: The Most Beautiful Photo You've Ever Taken - 18/5/2012 10:05:37 AM   
hozay

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

That picture is amazing Chief and great job with Photoshop! Which version have you got?

Yeah sorry, it's a bit mean I know.

I really need to get phtotoshop or something. I used to use Photostudio ( a poor man's photoshopping tool from kodak) but it's on my old laptop that I no longer use.
All I've got atm is Microsoft Pic Manager and Paint, pretty useless for anything other than cropping and resizing.

Post #: 676
RE: The Most Beautiful Photo You've Ever Taken - 18/5/2012 10:54:50 AM   
Hood_Man

quote:

I love photos like these, for some reason more than anything else the whole brightly sunlit subject with a cloudy background grabs my attention like a moth to a light bulb

Post #: 677
RE: The Most Beautiful Photo You've Ever Taken - 18/5/2012 11:14:54 AM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: hozay

quote:

I really need to get phtotoshop or something. I used to use Photostudio ( a poor man's photoshopping tool from kodak) but it's on my old laptop that I no longer use.
All I've got atm is Microsoft Pic Manager and Paint, pretty useless for anything other than cropping and resizing.

You can pick up a used version of Photoshop elements for about 12 on Amazon, which is how I got my version.

Although the ones on there at the moment look a little bit more expensive.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 18/5/2012 11:17:22 AM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to hozay)
Post #: 678
RE: The Most Beautiful Photo You've Ever Taken - 18/5/2012 11:32:28 AM   
Chief Wiggum

quote:

I really need to get phtotoshop or something
. I used to use Photostudio ( a poor man's photoshopping tool from kodak) but it's on my old laptop that I no longer use.

You could always try gimpshop - it's GIMP reskinned to look and feel like photoshop. I've not tried it, but I hear good things.

(in reply to hozay)
Post #: 679
RE: The Most Beautiful Photo You've Ever Taken - 18/5/2012 12:36:59 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

I have Vista at home not 7.

I would love to get CS6 but its about 651 There is an upgrade option but as my current version is from my American Aunt not sure it would work.......

Post #: 680
RE: The Most Beautiful Photo You've Ever Taken - 18/5/2012 12:53:05 PM   
hozay

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

quote:

quote:

You can pick up a used version of Photoshop elements for about 12 on Amazon, which is how I got my version.

Although the ones on there at the moment look a little bit more expensive.

That's a good idea, I'll have a look. Anything's better than buying it new - about $1K here for CS6 Windows.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 681
RE: The Most Beautiful Photo You've Ever Taken - 19/5/2012 8:58:02 PM   
hubu_phonk

Rummaging through my photo folder of my trip back home a couple of months ago and found a few i like. Apologies for the amount of pics , but i would like any suggestions/advice/criticism to help me get the most out of future shots would be great

For technical advice my DSLR is a Nikon D40

This reminded me of one of my favourite artists, Edward Hopper

Nothing but sand in the wind dude..

Desk top back ground

< Message edited by hubu_phonk -- 19/5/2012 9:51:18 PM >

Straight in, no kissing

(in reply to hozay)
Post #: 682
RE: The Most Beautiful Photo You've Ever Taken - 25/5/2012 9:41:33 AM   
UTB

Great photos... I need to get myself a camera. Currently using the one on the Galaxy S2 which is pretty impressive for a phone.

This out walking the dog this morning:

(in reply to hubu_phonk)
Post #: 683
RE: The Most Beautiful Photo You've Ever Taken - 25/5/2012 4:54:07 PM   
hubu_phonk

^ woha! that is a great shot for a phone. It has a real natural dreaminess to it . you have a real sense of atmosphere going on in those. Awesome

Reminds me of growing up and watching the dawn spread over the fields my room faced. The best times to see it was when the night was heavy with dew, early sunshine across wet grass covered with beaded cobwebs is one hell of a sight

Straight in, no kissing

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 684
RE: The Most Beautiful Photo You've Ever Taken - 25/5/2012 6:22:38 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

I really like that.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 685
RE: The Most Beautiful Photo You've Ever Taken - 25/5/2012 8:52:46 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

Great photos... I need to get myself a camera. Currently using the one on the Galaxy S2 which is pretty impressive for a phone.

This out walking the dog this morning:

Awesome pics!

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 686
RE: The Most Beautiful Photo You've Ever Taken - 26/5/2012 9:45:53 AM   
sanchia

As it is a nice sunny day I may well try out my infrared filter (if I can find it ).

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 687
RE: The Most Beautiful Photo You've Ever Taken - 26/5/2012 12:06:54 PM   
sanchia

It may have been better if I had my large tripod rather than my small one which led to some plants waving in the foreground (which on the 13 sec exposure needed it has detracted somewhat). Still live and learn.

Sadly within the next couple of years all this shall be houses.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 688
RE: The Most Beautiful Photo You've Ever Taken - 26/5/2012 12:34:30 PM   
UTB

Thanks for the comments everyone I'm usually out walking the dog around 5:30am so at the moment the haziness seems to be in most photos I take (as is the dog...)

The camera on the phone is really impressive, though. Picks up light really well and blacks come out incredibly dark

quote:

It may have been better if I had my large tripod rather than my small one which led to some plants waving in the foreground (which on the 13 sec exposure needed it has detracted somewhat). Still live and learn.

This is awesome. The black and white gives it a real 50's vibe.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 689
RE: The Most Beautiful Photo You've Ever Taken - 26/5/2012 12:42:34 PM   
hozay

quote:

Sadly within the next couple of years all this shall be houses.

The moving plants are a shame but it's still a great shot and I hope you take another crack at it with your other tripod because it would be worth the effort I think. Really good shot though.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 690
Page:   <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: The Most Beautiful Photo You've Ever Taken Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI