Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Bring Back...The A-Team

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Bring Back...The A-Team Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bring Back...The A-Team - 15/5/2006 2:52:54 PM   
Mason Verger

is on Thursday 18th May, at 10.15pm on Channel 4.

Justin Lee Collins is on a mission to reunite the stars of the hit 1980s television show The A-Team. Although lead actor George Peppard (Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith is no longer with us, Justin is determined to track down Dwight Schultz ("Howling Mad" Murdock), Dirk Benedict (Templeton "Face" Peck), Jack Ging (General "Bull" Fullbright), Marla Heasley (Tawnia Baker) and Mr T (BA Baracus). But the ten-day search for the stars uncovers serious rifts in the cast. 

UKTV Gold are showing The A-Team on weekdays at 6.00pm.

Mind like parachute - only function when open.

Be excellent to each other.
Post #: 1
RE: Bring Back...The A-Team - 15/5/2006 3:10:29 PM   
Kyle_R_

I will probs watch it, only really because I think JLC is so funny.

http://www.last.fm/user/I-Am-Scientist

(in reply to Mason Verger)
Post #: 2
RE: Bring Back...The A-Team - 15/5/2006 3:28:27 PM   
Monkeyshaver

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kyle_R_

I will probs watch it, only really because I think JLC is so funny.

Really? I find him pretty much unwatchable. He totally ruined the Bring Back Grange Hill programme. Although this will probably be just as bad, like the other one its got an artificially created timeframe (why 10 days?) & like the other one will probably show the cast pretending to be surprised by JLC's (as he has dubbed himself!) arrival which has of course all been prearranged. Should be fun to see them try to get Peppard back though! Wonder if they'll get some animal rights protesters to help with their shovels?

Monkeyshaver is currently watching Doctor Who on the office TV.

(in reply to Kyle_R_)
Post #: 3
RE: Bring Back...The A-Team - 15/5/2006 7:21:44 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mason Verger
UKTV Gold are showing The A-Team on weekdays at 6.00pm.

I know, I watch it  (they also show it Saturday mornings, but a different season to the one currently weeknights)

I'll watch this show on Thursday. They didn't all get along in real life, not that you'd know watching the show. But why not get Melinda Culea? She played Amy and is remembered more than Tawnia, isn't she? And, General "Bull" Fullbright? He was only in about 6 episodes in the 4th season. People remember Col. Decker (Lance DeGault) more dammit!

Oh, well, I'll still watch it

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

Post #: 4
RE: Bring Back...The A-Team - 15/5/2006 8:25:06 PM   
Timon

Or Frankie "Dishpan" Santana who cropped up in the final season as a Team member?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 5
RE: Bring Back...The A-Team - 15/5/2006 8:38:01 PM   
Shifty Bench

Yep, Robert Vaughn was in the last season too but he hasn't exactly vanished, like the majority of the others.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 6
RE: Bring Back...The A-Team - 18/5/2006 1:46:00 PM   
Mason Verger

George Peppard is contacted via a medium!

Mind like parachute - only function when open.

Be excellent to each other.

Post #: 7
RE: Bring Back...The A-Team - 18/5/2006 2:53:09 PM   
Base

Any more word on the film??  Last I heard George Clooney wanted Mike Tyson to play BA?!?!?

Surprisingly I haven't heard anymore about it....

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

Post #: 8
RE: Bring Back...The A-Team - 18/5/2006 2:57:01 PM   
Newander

I used to fancy Face.

And now:

To indeed be a god!

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 9
RE: Bring Back...The A-Team - 18/5/2006 4:13:23 PM   
HIGHLANDER

I saw a bit of Justin Lee Collins last night on The Paul o Grady Show talking about the A-Team reunion. He said Mr T isn't wearing his gold chains anymore because some of his family were killed in Hurricane Katrina and he's become a preacher.
I still do watch the A-Team occassionally and this should be an entertaining show. I don't really care for Justin Lee Collins but because Mr. T is on i'll give it a watch.

LAST 5 FILMS
Three Men And A Baby - 4/5 DVD (12)
City Of God - 5/5 SKY *
The Bank Job - 2/5 SKY *
Gran Torino - 4/5 Blu-Ray *
The Talented Mr Ripley - 3/5 SKY *

* indicates 1st viewing
( ) indicates no of viewings

(in reply to Newander)
Post #: 10
RE: Bring Back...The A-Team - 18/5/2006 4:18:04 PM   
Caster

That Justin is so fucking annoying.  'Hey let's try and reunite the A-Team by loudly bursting in to restaurants and shit'.  Like that'll work.  Fucking idiot.

(in reply to HIGHLANDER)
Post #: 11
RE: Bring Back...The A-Team - 18/5/2006 5:18:05 PM   
Clive_Evil_C

I though Justin Lee Collins was mildy amusing on that flipside tv show (anyone remember, or heard of it) but since he's been on channel, particualrly the friday night project, I can't stand him!

(in reply to Caster)
Post #: 12
RE: Bring Back...The A-Team - 18/5/2006 8:33:36 PM   
Indio

EVERY single preview I've read about this says Justin lee Collins nearly ruins the show by being such a prat, so I'm not sure if I'll bother watching this.

'Think about the future.'

(in reply to Clive_Evil_C)
Post #: 13
RE: Bring Back...The A-Team - 18/5/2006 9:35:44 PM   
ELVIS PRESTWICKLEY

quote:

EVERY single preview I've read about this says Justin lee Collins nearly ruins the show by being such a prat, so I'm not sure if I'll bother watching this.

B.A. BARACUS says:

I pity you CRAZY FOOL.....This is the TV highlight of the year FOOL, miss this at your own peril CRAZY FOOL, are you not gonna get on da plane FOOL?

I hope this A-Team member makes an appearance

< Message edited by ELVIS PRESTWICKLEY -- 18/5/2006 9:39:25 PM >

We're caught in a trap..... I can't walk out.....because I love you too much...baby

(in reply to Indio)
Post #: 14
RE: Bring Back...The A-Team - 18/5/2006 9:39:14 PM   
Shifty Bench

I'm still looking foward to it. I found this on You Tube (my new friend) from two years ago-

Reunion

(in reply to ELVIS PRESTWICKLEY)
Post #: 15
RE: Bring Back...The A-Team - 18/5/2006 9:50:40 PM   
ELVIS PRESTWICKLEY

"Ooo arrr join me toornight on Channel Foarrrr, when I'll try too arr reunite the hay-team. ooo arrr ooo arr I got a brand new combine harvestar ooo arrr ooo arr ooo arr"

P.S. I bet the yanks won't understand a word he says.

We're caught in a trap..... I can't walk out.....because I love you too much...baby

Post #: 16
RE: Bring Back...The A-Team - 18/5/2006 11:35:32 PM   
Castor Troy

I thought it was really good. JLC was better than I thought and everyone involved seemed cool and up for it.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to ELVIS PRESTWICKLEY)
Post #: 17
RE: Bring Back...The A-Team - 18/5/2006 11:40:19 PM   
Shifty Bench

Man, I thought that was great. It was so cool for them to all turn up. Col. Decker!!! Bloody hell. JLC wasn't that bad, he really wanted to meet them and had respect for them all and the show which was cool. And the stories of the bust-ups were interesting, though I knew most of it anyway. Didn't know Mr T was paid more than the rest, I can see why Peppard was pissed off back in 1983.

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 18
RE: Bring Back...The A-Team - 19/5/2006 12:35:22 AM   
Caster

JLC wasn't as bad as feared, but still...Running up to people with a camera is the worst thing you could possibly do to introduce such a concept.  What exactly was the problem with simply phoning up their agents and arranging said reunion?

And on behalf of all Cornish people, we do not talk like JLC.  Not one.  Not even the old timers down the pub who even I can't understand talk with such a thick accent.  Please tell me he's from 'up north'.

Post #: 19
RE: Bring Back...The A-Team - 19/5/2006 12:49:09 AM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Caster

Running up to people with a camera is the worst thing you could possibly do to introduce such a concept.  What exactly was the problem with simply phoning up their agents and arranging said reunion?

Very true, he tried to rush Mr T, but was probably scared  in case he either got hit or was serenaded with the 'Mother' song. Phoning their agents makes more sense.

(in reply to Caster)
Post #: 20
RE: Bring Back...The A-Team - 19/5/2006 12:51:01 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

I only caught the second half of it, I forgot it was on. But JLC was bad enough in what I saw, especially when he was wearing Mr T's chains, and also when he'd been waiting in the car "I've been up for 7 hours and I need a shit" or something along those lines, quite possibly the worst attempt at being funny ever, seriously I've seen ITV sitcoms funnier than JLC.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Caster)
Post #: 21
RE: Bring Back...The A-Team - 19/5/2006 1:08:42 AM   
Shifty Bench

He didn't bother me.....and he usually does. He had ppassion about the project even if he did go the wrong way about it.

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 22
RE: Bring Back...The A-Team - 19/5/2006 8:52:56 AM   
Base

quote:

ORIGINAL: Caster
And on behalf of all Cornish people, we do not talk like JLC.  Not one.  Not even the old timers down the pub who even I can't understand talk with such a thick accent.  Please tell me he's from 'up north'.

Cornwall?!?!?  He's from Bristol, like me

And no, I don't have that accent, thanks to 10 years of suppressing it...

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to Caster)
Post #: 23
RE: Bring Back...The A-Team - 19/5/2006 9:36:52 AM   
HIGHLANDER

A lot of it seemed a bit fixed to me. Apart from Mr. T who couldn't make it to the reunion, it didn't take much persuading for any of them to go to the reunion.
He ran up to the creator of the A-Team's limo like a crazy person and the creator said "Sure c'mon in". Sounds a bit fishy to me.
It was a good show overall. I'd have been pissed off if Mr. T didn't make an appearance but he did. "I ain't never saw a camera i didn't like".

LAST 5 FILMS
Three Men And A Baby - 4/5 DVD (12)
City Of God - 5/5 SKY *
The Bank Job - 2/5 SKY *
Gran Torino - 4/5 Blu-Ray *
The Talented Mr Ripley - 3/5 SKY *

* indicates 1st viewing
( ) indicates no of viewings

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 24
RE: Bring Back...The A-Team - 19/5/2006 9:46:32 AM   
James2183

Some of it did seem a little staged but seeing Mr. T again was certainly a highlight of the show. He seems like such a nice guy.  However, JLC annoyed me. The amount of times he gave people high fives (which were rather poor ones by the way) and shouted "Rock and roll!" pissed me off a treat and it got to a point where if I saw him do it one more time, I was going to switch off.

I admire his dedication, even if he is getting shipped round the world for free and collecting numerous collectors items.

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to HIGHLANDER)
Post #: 25
RE: Bring Back...The A-Team - 19/5/2006 10:09:04 AM   
RuffKut

I enjoyed it too...they all seemed genuinely happy to see each other at the end. It brought a small tear to mine eye...

Diane, I'm holding in my hand a small box of chocolate bunnies...

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 26
RE: Bring Back...The A-Team - 19/5/2006 12:16:44 PM   
Shawlord

It would have been a difficult programme to pull off with any degree of success if there wasn't a little staging involved so I think we can let them off on that front.

I wasn't much of a fan of JLC before but I found him quite endearing in this, the look on his face when Mr T walked in to that hotel room was priceless.  And I thought he came across as a truly genuine fan whose excitement was quite infectious.

I have had my view of The Face tainted a little though, like Newander I had a major crush on him as a kid, shame he is an arrogant chauvinistic arsehole.   

Overall I really enjoyed the programme and seeing them reunite at the end was a treat for the soul

The World is a fine place, and worth fighting for... I agree with the second part.

100 Golden Oldies Recommended by you!

(in reply to RuffKut)
Post #: 27
RE: Bring Back...The A-Team - 19/5/2006 1:58:52 PM   
Ref

Loved it.  Murdoch is still the main dude for me - what a nice guy!  And I really don't mind JLC - thought he was truly excited by the whole prospect of the The A Team reuniting one last time.   

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to Shawlord)
Post #: 28
RE: Bring Back...The A-Team - 19/5/2006 2:02:26 PM   
Mozza

I think the bit I loved the most was when they tracked down and invited George Peppard's Son.  Everyone looked dead pleased.

I was miffed, however, that JLC spent most of the time dressed like Sonny Crockett.  Not exactly the best homage to the show...

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 29
RE: Bring Back...The A-Team - 19/5/2006 3:33:07 PM   
Shifty Bench

I'm sure most of it was fixed. Face and Murdock still talk to each other at conventions and the like. And I'm sure they still talk to the creator, they had no problems with each other and he loved the show, so his inclusion was no real surprise. It was a good show and the end was a bit sad in a happy way.

I liked it when JLC said Face was so good looking he would have done him, considering he was a kid when the show was first aired

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Bring Back...The A-Team Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI