Post #: 1
Re-makes ahoy - 9/5/2006 9:44:46 AM   
Wrath

Snooze.....

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Rape and Pillage of a Childhood. - 9/5/2006 9:51:05 AM   
chadbeserk

Yet another of my childhood memories is to be mangled into 2 hours of bland tedium. I think I'd rather gouge out my eyes, dip them in hot toffee and feed them to my dog than put myself up to be disturbed by this "reimaging".....

Unless Garth and K.A.R.R. are the bad guys of course.

Post #: 3
This sucks - 9/5/2006 10:15:29 AM   
marlo

I thought the original TV series sucked so I can't imagine the movie being an improvement. I could never work out why they didn't leave the car in "Super pursuit mode" all the time if it was so good. The same with Blue Thunder - why not keep it on silent (or was it whisper) mode all the time?

Post #: 4
Emperor's New Clothes - 9/5/2006 10:23:17 AM   
dunner05

Considering the original TV show was, well, rather poo, how bad can the big-screen version be? 70s and 80s cinema may often mature like wine, but most telly from the same era has frankly turned to vinegar. C'mon people, stop romanticising pap just because we watched it when we were kids!

Post #: 5
Actully........ - 9/5/2006 10:41:35 AM   
mrfluffy

The millionaire's name was Wilton knight

Could be good fun if they did an origin story, but no "stealth mode/cloaking devices" like that crap Black Scorpion

Post #: 6
RE: Actully........ - 9/5/2006 1:35:24 PM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

Why, oh why do they have to turn something classic like Knight Rider into something cheap and nasty like a remake? It's just darn wrong! I enjoyed the series and I loved Kitt, but making a movie of it - probably a B-movie at that - will destroy all those nostalgic memories of watching it as a child. This is just going to be upsetting. It'll take a lot to change my mind.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

(in reply to mrfluffy)
Post #: 7
It CAN be Good! - 9/5/2006 3:26:43 PM   
JediBobster

Jessica_ca_ca_ca, you're childhood memories may not be destroyed or corrupted IF...IF they do this right.

Imagine Michael Knight, now a happily married family man with a couple of kids, living in one of those ranches that he visited so many of throughout the 80s.

When his family comes under attack for some reason, Michael turns to the law to help him out. Unimpressed with their progress, no doubt a head cop is in with the bad guys, Michael decides to deal with things himself.

He goes to a secret abandoned place, be it a cave or warehouse or whatever, and pulls off the dusty tarps to reveal his old friend KITT. After a musical montage probably including a new character with computer knowledge in which he and Michael bring KITT back to life, Michael is finally ready to take on the bad guys.

Imagine that first moment when KITT's cylon eye thingy first bounces from one side to the other along with it's groovy sound effect. I'm getting excited just typing about it.

I don't want a new car or a new driver...I want the Hoff with the hair and William Daniels back as the voice of KITT and 90 minutes of sheer guilty joy thank you very much.

[image]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f62/TheIcePirate/KnightRider.jpg[/image]

JEDI BOBSTER

And obviously keep the theme tune.

< Message edited by JediBobster -- 12/5/2006 3:09:52 PM >

(in reply to Jessica_ca_ca_ca)
Post #: 8
- 9/5/2006 3:54:25 PM   
Nate

i don't usually damn movies before shooting but this is going to be crap! it wasn't a great show to begin with its just going to be another dukes of hazzard but with less rednecks

Post #: 9
- 9/5/2006 3:59:23 PM   
Nate

i don't usually damn movies before shooting but this is going to be crap! it wasn't a great show to begin with its just going to be another dukes of hazzard but with less rednecks

Post #: 10
This is such a bad idea - 9/5/2006 7:09:40 PM   
Memoirs of Maria

I agree with the majority on this thread. Four words for those who are ploughing ahead with this film:

Don't even go there.

(in reply to Nate)
Post #: 11
RE: It CAN be Good! - 9/5/2006 7:23:56 PM   
Livvie

quote:

ORIGINAL: JediBobster

Imagine Michael Knight, now a happily married family man with a couple of kids, living in one of those ranches that he visited so many of throughout the 80s.

When his family comes under attack for some reason, Michael turns to the law to help him out. Unimpressed with their progress, no doubt a head cop is in with the bad guys, Michael decides to deal with things himself.

He goes to a secret abandoned place, be it a cave or warehouse or whatever, and pulls off the dusty tarps to reveal his old friend KITT. After a musical montage probably including a new character with computer knowledge in which he and Michael bring KITT back to life, Michael is finally ready to take on the bad guys.

Imagine that first moment when KITT's cylon eye thingy first bounces from one side to the other along with it's groovy sound effect. I'm getting excited just typing about it.

I don't want a new car or a new driver...I want the Hoff with the hair and William Daniels back as the voice of KITT and 90 minutes of sheer guilty joy thank you very much.

[image]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f62/TheIcePirate/KnightRider.jpg[/image]

JEDI BOBSTER

I have to say JediBobster you really can sell a dodgy sounding film!! Good work.......I must admit I'd probably go!! Just as long as they keep the hair!!

After all ... tomorrow is another day.

Whoever you are, I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.

(in reply to JediBobster)
Post #: 12
The Hoff rocks!! - 9/5/2006 11:49:44 PM   
Starbar

"I'm looking for freedom!!!!" Come on y'all, sing it with me!!!!!!

Post #: 13
RE: The Hoff rocks!! - 11/5/2006 11:58:45 AM   
JediBobster

Why thank you Livvie.

But it's only cos I know that if they make this and it's successful then we are a step close to a Manimal or Automan movie. That guy had one hell of a car too.

And Starbar, you'll forgive me if I don't join in right? Although if they do want to tap into that lucrative German Box Office then I guess it would make sense for The Hoff to throw a few songs about.

JEDI BOBSTER

(in reply to Starbar)
Post #: 14
RE: It CAN be Good! - 11/5/2006 12:08:11 PM   
clownfoot

quote:

Jessica_ca_ca_ca, you're childhood memories may not be destroyed or corrupted IF...IF they do this right.

JEDI BOBSTER

Genius - sounds like magnificent sci-fi of the finest calibre. Especially if the Hoff plays Michael Knight!

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

Post #: 15
RE: It CAN be Good! - 11/5/2006 12:40:08 PM   
Neth

quote:

JEDI BOBSTER

Oh, if only that were going to be the case. Instead, expect a cameo from Xzibit as he "pimps Knight's ride", and expect KITT to be voiced by Robin Williams. Plus, the revamped main theme will come courtesy of whatever hip-hop act is deemed cool that week, and the car will have an iPod-compatible stereo and bluetooth wireless remote control.

Now, were someone to greenlight a Heat Vision And Jack movie... Nice.

"You taste like a burger. I don't like you anymore."

Post #: 16
RE: It CAN be Good! - 12/5/2006 12:49:34 AM   
JediBobster

I hope you're wrong Neth.

I know that YOU yourself hope that you are wrong.

And I expect if Knight Rider is a success then a Heat Vision and Jack movie can't be far behind. ("I KNOW EVERYTHING!!!!!")

JEDI BOBSTER

(in reply to Neth)
Post #: 17
RE: It CAN be Good! - 12/5/2006 8:05:33 AM   
Peter A. Quinn

As long as it stars Ben Stiller as Michael Knight, and features appearances by Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughan, they might be on to something. Good call on Heat Vision and Jack, Neth. Now there's an idea that deserves the big screen treatment. "All Monkey-Sluts must die!!!"

This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face.

Post #: 18
Wiiiiiiiiiiiiicked!! - 12/5/2006 4:25:59 PM   
Fishmeister

It's gonna be great and you know it. It must have The Hoff in some form or another otherwise it won't be right. The car has to be almost the same too. No fancy Knight Rider 2000 rubbish please. Oh, one more thing, The Hoff did not play Michael Long, he played Michael Knight and it was Wilton Knight who looked after him NOT Michael. Who researched this story?!!

Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> A Knight Rider Tale Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI