Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Good For Your Elf - 9/5/2006 9:43:17 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 9/5/2006 9:43:17 AM   
Chaos Engine

I never got into this, but I kinda wish I had. maybe the movie will do a Harry Potter on me & convert me into a fan.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
NO NO NO! - 9/5/2006 9:54:03 AM   
GrandiaKnight

There are no films based on games which are any good. They all are rubbish!

Post #: 3
- 9/5/2006 10:03:17 AM   
officerMarc

GrandiaKnight - have you seen Silent Hill? That's a good example of a movie based on a game.

Post #: 4
- 9/5/2006 10:10:42 AM   
officerMarc

GrandiaKnight - have you seen Silent Hill? That's a good example of a movie based on a game.

Post #: 5
RE: - 9/5/2006 11:07:09 AM   
jezburg

Yes Silent Hill is a good example of a film based on a game. It's shite.
Films are films, games are games. It's about time that film-makers realised that adaptations of games don't work.

(in reply to officerMarc)
Post #: 6
Anmated? - 9/5/2006 11:46:06 AM   
Tarn

This had better be animated - and preferably by the regular Blizzard cutscene animators, who are rivalled only by Pixar, if you ask me. To make it a live action movie would be to miss the point exactly: Warcraft is all about exaggerated proportions and a cartoony-real design. If it's animated and retains the Warcraft stylings from the game cutscenes, it could be a huge success. If it goes live action, it'll just be ignored as a poor LotR rip-off and dodgy game-film.

Post #: 7
animated feature? - 9/5/2006 11:57:02 AM   
ben29_99

Tarn... blizzard animation team the only group to rival pixar? Have you not seen ff7: Advent Children? If this possibly could be an animated feature they should team up with SquareEnix and get them to help. They're ahead of blizzard and pixar... And why hasn't Empire reviewed Advent children? Is it just because it was a straight to dvd job and aimed at just the ff fans? so...?

Post #: 8
NOT LIVE ACTION !!! - 9/5/2006 12:13:02 PM   
gimpy

I started playing this game since july 05 till march 06(taking a long break to play other games and wait for the expansion pack) world of warcraft is one of the best games i have ever played but if they do a live action movie it will be more like dungeon and drangons than lord of the rings .But if they did a animated version for dvd like final fantasy 7 which was fantastic then that could work.so heres hoping

Post #: 9
Wikipedia... - 9/5/2006 1:13:12 PM   
holty23

'..Leeroy Jenkins, sometimes misspelled Leroy Jenkins......'

Post #: 10
RE: Wikipedia... - 9/5/2006 1:38:57 PM   
Chaos2Keres

I love the idea of a Warcraft movie. I disgree with one of the empire editors saying that people would rather go on their own adventure than watching someone else and World of Warcraft is a game where you go on your own adventure. The Warcraft series is bigger than just WoW, don't forget that there was strategy games before it, each one offering a very good storyline and with sooooooooo much lore in the world of Azeroth, they could easily make a film about some of the stories and still be a great watch.

The main character can be anything that Blizzard want to make, the greatest thing about Warcraft is it can has dozens of races and hundreds of monsters or they can use well known characters from the games. Think its small minded from one of the empire editor says "Who is gonna be the main character? Leeroy Jenkins?" Are you not aware of the vast of characters they can use. You could have a film about Arthas and his fall to the demons or the Horde invasion of Azeroth when they came from the Outlands or Thrall's adventure of being with the humans and then leading the Horde against the Alliance, or the rise of the Lich King with the demons and the scourage going on, or the rise of Illidian the demon hunter? There is sooooooo much choice. I hope for dragons myself, maybe have Deathwing

Would be interesting to see a live action movie with the colour scheme of Azeroth, animated would be nice but then I couldn't imagine comic books coming to film and they are working out great. Roll on I say!

Blarg!

(in reply to holty23)
Post #: 11
Games are for playing not watching! - 9/5/2006 2:57:11 PM   
friskytigger

Movies are for watching; games are for playing; Nobody wants to watch a computer game - Hollywood needs to finally realise this - what's next, a film version of The Elder Scrolls Oblivion? Utterly pointless!

Post #: 12
a little bit of insider info..... - 9/5/2006 3:00:34 PM   
Boorerville

I heard a while back from someone in the industry that blizzard were planning a Warcraft movie..apparantly it all stemmed from the CGI cut-scene department in blizzard itself claiming they were large enough to handle a movie themselfs. Apparantly pre-world of warcraft the CGI division was bigger than the game production side it was creating the cut-scenes for!!!!!

Things may have changed tho if thier going down the live-action route, tho im thinking they may have just got Legendary on board to to the distrubution rights.....you never know!!!!

Post #: 13
RE: a little bit of insider info..... - 9/5/2006 3:14:55 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

This is stupid. Star Craft movie yes, Diablo 2 movie yes, Warcraft movie no, no, no. Great game, no good story line.

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to Boorerville)
Post #: 14
- 9/5/2006 3:42:58 PM   
Nate

every game to movie that comes out i'm optimistic, but then it comes out and its always a let down, i'm sure they can work on a more definite plot but there isn't going to be a good game to movie until Halo comes out...well i hope!!!

Post #: 15
Whatever will they think of next - 9/5/2006 6:54:08 PM   
Memoirs of Maria

This rape and plundering of all things comic, manga, cartoon and role play has got to stop. Why can't hollywood come up with something completely new and fresh for a film that has nothing to do with the above. If they have to do it, dear Lord make it a good film at least!

Post #: 16
Cameo - 9/5/2006 8:28:13 PM   
joelteon7

This film will only be worth it with a cameo appearance by Leeroy Jenkins, otherwise it just wouldn't be worth it. Oh, I'm not a WoW player, but I DO have the video on my comp. It's somewhat "priceless".

Post #: 17
Cameo - 9/5/2006 8:30:11 PM   
joelteon7

This film will only be worth it with a cameo appearance by Leeroy Jenkins, otherwise it just wouldn't be worth it. Oh, I'm not a WoW player, but I DO have the video on my comp. It's somewhat "priceless".

Post #: 18
War Is Gooood! - 13/5/2006 10:57:35 AM   
Gordy

This film should rock, if it is done properly! If the CGI is up to LOTR standard and the story is good I will definitely go see it. If it looks ropey it will be a massive disappointment.

Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Good For Your Elf Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI