THE 4400

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> THE 4400 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
THE 4400 - 8/5/2006 9:32:15 PM   
BobaJango

Never heard of the show before and i was just wandering if anyone had seen it. I noticed the very cool cover sleeve for season one and it seems to have gotten quite a few good reviews on IMDb. Apart from that i know almost nothing about the show apart from the overall plot...

"Don't worry. Won't insult legendary underworld solidarity by suggesting you surrender name without torture". - Rorschach (Watchmen).
Post #: 1
RE: THE 4400 - 8/5/2006 10:21:44 PM   
Zaphod121

I watched half an ep from S1 and I really liked it but I cant really judge allthough there's only 5 episodes in S1 (wierd huh?) heres what it's about - As the reappearance of 4,400 missing persons on a single day confounds the global community, federal agents on the case slowly discover the ways in which the victims have been changed. I stole that off IMDB

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to BobaJango)
Post #: 2
RE: THE 4400 - 8/5/2006 10:44:01 PM   
Dave B

I've seen the first season and its alright I guess. Perfectly watchable but unoriginal and never reaches the dizzying heights of the X-Files thanks to some dull lead characters.

Hey, what's with the flying jerks?

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 3
RE: THE 4400 - 9/5/2006 11:24:20 AM   
Pinkvelvet

Second season was better imo, but I believe its been cancelled although I could be wrong.

(in reply to Dave B)
Post #: 4
RE: THE 4400 - 9/5/2006 12:13:13 PM   
MuckyMuckMan

I'm the other way round, I really liked the 1st season but couldn't get into the 2nd. I'll pick the second season up when its cheap though. Its definately worth getting if you can find it cheap.

My Film Collection:
http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/MuckyMuckMan
Last 5 films seen
The Impossible 3.5/5
Stoker 4/5
Thor: Dark World 3.5/5
The Wolfman (1941) 4/5
All is Lost 5/5

(in reply to Pinkvelvet)
Post #: 5
RE: THE 4400 - 9/5/2006 1:02:45 PM   
Hostile 17

http://www.usanetwork.com/series/the4400/

Season 3 premieres on June 11 in the USA

(in reply to Pinkvelvet)
Post #: 6
RE: THE 4400 - 9/5/2006 4:12:35 PM   
thelimey

This was on Sky three a little while, not bad, but as Dave B said certainly no X Files!
Also, bizarrly, all the night scenes seem to be shot day for night, and badly at that.

Long live the Joss-verse.

"Kaylee, what the hell's going on in the engine room? Were there monkeys? Some terrifying space monkeys maybe got loose? "

(in reply to Hostile 17)
Post #: 7
RE: THE 4400 - 9/5/2006 9:34:02 PM   
BobaJango

I saw it for 12.99 (season 1). I bought Futurama S1 for 13.99 instead!

"Don't worry. Won't insult legendary underworld solidarity by suggesting you surrender name without torture". - Rorschach (Watchmen).

(in reply to thelimey)
Post #: 8
RE: THE 4400 - 9/5/2006 11:12:35 PM   
BullRing

quote:

ORIGINAL: BobaJango

I saw it for 12.99 (season 1). I bought Futurama S1 for 13.99 instead!

Picked it up for 7.50 on cd-wow about three months ago and thought it was thoroughly enjoyable but nothing to shout about really. Still looking forward to season 2 on DVD though.

Glad to hear its still going.

"My old man wrote me a letter from prison once. It said if you don't want to end up in here, stay away from crime, women and drugs. Trouble is, that don't leave you much else to do, does it?"

(in reply to BobaJango)
Post #: 9
RE: THE 4400 - 10/5/2006 3:14:55 PM   
Agent Orange

I saw one episode and it was utter dribble. I didn't do anything that the X-files hadn't done better.

It's not irony, it's coincidence.

(in reply to BullRing)
Post #: 10
RE: THE 4400 - 10/5/2006 6:52:57 PM   
swan

i thought it was alrite my mum loves it though.

**its that warriors vs baseball fury element
that glitches motor sensory developement
i am a star really,**

cmyk

(in reply to Agent Orange)
Post #: 11
RE: THE 4400 - 17/6/2006 11:17:49 PM   
Orbital

here's a fan site

http://4400fans.blogspot.com/

(in reply to BobaJango)
Post #: 12
RE: THE 4400 - 17/6/2006 11:50:26 PM   
elab49

It seemed quite interesting at first but then became, almost immediately, 4400 power of the week (which is what the Heroes promo looks like to me).

They've tried harder at a story arc season 2, but haven't been entirely successful as they still don't really have any standout characters, IMO.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Orbital)
Post #: 13
RE: THE 4400 - 18/6/2006 1:05:51 AM   
The Mighty

I liked the first season, and I started the second but quickly lost track. I'm downloading that season now though, along with the new episode each week. It's a enjoyable show, especially during the summer run when not much else is on.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 14
RE: THE 4400 - 18/6/2006 6:08:19 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

I've only just realised that this is now being shown on Sky 3. I missed the first episode though. Anyone know if it's repeated?

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 15
RE: THE 4400 - 18/6/2006 8:43:11 PM   
Captain Black

I started watching this when Sky Three showed it on Saturday nights, but after a pretty enjoyable pilot I lost interest quickly - as elab said it was very much the'returnee power of the week' rather than an on-going story as I'd hoped for, particularly as it was billed as a mini-series initially.

So, I gave up, then I read a massive spoiler and my interest in bouyed again and will be watching it on Sky Three on Thursday nights (should be a reasonable intro to Battlestar Galactica at the very least ) in the hope that I can get into it a bit more this time.

And Gimli, it's not repeated as far as I know, but basically all you need to know: people abducted from various points in time, big ball of light leading to people returned with unusual abilities. Two goverment agents are the central characters, one of whom has a family member who is one of the 4400 returnees.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 16
RE: THE 4400 - 18/6/2006 8:48:39 PM   
The Mighty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

I started watching this when Sky Three showed it on Saturday nights, but after a pretty enjoyable pilot I lost interest quickly - as elab said it was very much the'returnee power of the week' rather than an on-going story as I'd hoped for, particularly as it was billed as a mini-series initially.

So, I gave up, then I read a massive spoiler and my interest in bouyed again and will be watching it on Sky Three on Thursday nights (should be a reasonable intro to Battlestar Galactica at the very least ) in the hope that I can get into it a bit more this time.

And Gimli, it's not repeated as far as I know, but basically all you need to know: people abducted from various points in time, big ball of light leading to people returned with unusual abilities. Two goverment agents are the central characters, one of whom has a family member who is one of the 4400 returnees.

You'll be happy to know that, while season 2 sticks very closely to the "freak of the week" format, the third season abandons it almost completely to focus on the on going story line.

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 17
RE: THE 4400 - 18/6/2006 9:03:26 PM   
BobaJango

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Mighty

quote:

You'll be happy to know that, while season 2 sticks very closely to the "freak of the week" format, the third season abandons it almost completely to focus on the on going story line.

Sounds good. How many eps of that season have you seen?

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 18
RE: THE 4400 - 18/6/2006 11:48:36 PM   
Caster

Avoid.  There's just nothing you haven't seen before and done better in X-Files and Taken.  The actors are bargain basement, the dialogue laughably po-faced ("So let me get this straight...you met her in a parellel world where you've been together for the last eight years?").  I had to review season two and I was fast-forwarding after the first ten minutes.

Drivel.

(in reply to BobaJango)
Post #: 19
RE: THE 4400 - 19/6/2006 12:02:25 AM   
The Mighty

quote:

ORIGINAL: BobaJango

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Mighty

quote:

Sounds good. How many eps of that season have you seen?

Just the one episode of it that has aired. But all interviews point to the "freak of the week" angle being all but gone, and the first episode was fully focused on the goings on with the people we already know.

(in reply to BobaJango)
Post #: 20
RE: THE 4400 - 22/7/2006 6:08:35 PM   
Orbital

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

They've tried harder at a story arc season 2,

It has potential, hope it gets better

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 21
RE: THE 4400 - 5/8/2006 3:05:40 PM   
Orbital

some exclusives and downloads here

http://www.usanetwork.com/series/the4400/

(in reply to Orbital)
Post #: 22
RE: THE 4400 - 8/8/2006 12:25:14 AM   
batrico

Wel im one of the few whove stuck with it all the way through.Im on Us speed episode 10 of series 4 and i think this show is still way above alot of scifi wannabee shows.Its a pity the series is only 14eps long each season.

"I aim to misbehave"

"Oh God Oh God we're all Gonna Die"

(in reply to Orbital)
Post #: 23
RE: THE 4400 - 18/8/2006 3:00:29 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: batrico

Wel im one of the few whove stuck with it all the way through.Im on Us speed episode 10 of series 4 and i think this show is still way above alot of scifi wannabee shows.Its a pity the series is only 14eps long each season.

Season 3 surely?

I like the fact that they've pretty much abandoned the old "power of the week" approach of Season 1.  The 2nd Season moved away from that approach and while there was a lot of disbelief to suspend (yeah, parallel reality girl was a bit of a stretch) it was shaping up nicely, until the very last scene of S2, which was just preposterous.  Howver, even allowing for those late plot twists, the "us and them" storylines of Season 3 are a lot stronger than previously and will allow for a greater longevity as battle lines are drawn and the powers become more developed.  All they need now are some decent actors (you know you're struggling when Joel Gresch and Peter Coyote are the stand-outs!) and this could go from interesting viewing to essential viewing for sci-fi nuts.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to batrico)
Post #: 24
RE: THE 4400 - 27/5/2007 6:36:43 PM   
Orbital

http://www.promicinpower.com/
or

http://www.promicinterror.com/

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 25
RE: THE 4400 - 12/6/2013 11:17:46 PM   
TheGodfather

The 4400 - Season 4
The last season of this sci-fi show is the best season of all.
The end is looming for the "normal people" and it looks like Jordan Collier and his cult are going to win the battle. The atmosphere and feel is darker and more tense. What will bring the handing out of the promicin?
The quality of this season is way better than the others. The storylines are better and even though it`s a sci-fi series, it does tell you certain things about our present society and gives you a big look in the mirror.
What are we all doing, how do we treat "other people" and is that normal the way we do that?
With a brilliant last shot a great tv show ends, one that does take a bit of time to get used and get a grip off but one that is well worth giving a chance.

8,5/10

Jules: "What" ain't no country I ever heard of! They speak English in What?
Brett: What?
Jules: ENGLISH, MOTHERFUCKER! DO-YOU-SPEAK-IT?

(in reply to Orbital)
Post #: 26
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> THE 4400 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI