Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mortal Kombat - 8/5/2006 10:23:19 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 8/5/2006 10:23:22 AM   
mcguirk12

I loved tihs film as a kid, and grew up wathcing it over and over again, i would probably only give it 3 star was it not for this factor, but surely it deserves 4 stars if it was able to capture my imagination so wonderfully. I loved the soundtrack too, that was brilliant and cool.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: Mortal Kombat - 9/5/2006 8:58:35 AM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

I used to love this film too, I have to admit. Christopher Lambert was brilliant with his lightening bolt blue eyes and his mocking laugh - c'mon, you all smiled when he did! It was fantastic! My favourite part was where Johnny - the cool, not-so-smooth operator - was fighting Scorpio on the shaky (and if I recall correctly, rather dusty) bridge. Imaginative powers and fantasy fights, although I absolutely hated the character of Sonia - what a prude. Princess Kitana was much more mysterious and beautiful.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

(in reply to mcguirk12)
Post #: 3
RE: Mortal Kombat - 30/6/2006 3:42:06 PM   
anakin solo

I agree this film is one of the best game to film ever made, then again it hasn't had any real competition really. And of course christopher lambert is in it i think that its his best role apart from highlander, shame johnny cage never got to do his shadow kick against scorpian which is the best and longest fight in the film.5/5

my ally is the force and what a powerful ally it is.

(in reply to Jessica_ca_ca_ca)
Post #: 4
RE: Mortal Kombat - 2/7/2006 8:41:57 AM   
zombiemaster

I always start to watch this movie but never finish watching it maybe because when its on the telly its on so late i can't stay awake or it just sucks.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth

(in reply to anakin solo)
Post #: 5
RE: Mortal Kombat - 2/7/2006 12:31:30 PM   
kumar

i like this film. good fun to watch , i especially like the part where that meathead does his tricks infornt of subzero, and he makes that ice

ball thing and freezes him with it. i think its brilliant!

also the part where sonia fights that dude on the beach and grabs him with her legs, and turns upside down and her tits look lovely.

wouldnt i like to be him right then!

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to zombiemaster)
Post #: 6
RE: Mortal Kombat - 2/7/2006 1:59:30 PM   
MoBiUGeArSkIn

This film totally rocks, it's one of the best fight flicks to ever come out of the west and easily the best videogame-to-movie adaption. All the actors nail their 2D counter parts and every single ruck is shot with style. Can't pick a favourite. Lui Kang Vs Reptile stands out though.

You're not going crazy, Arthur. You're going sane in a crazy world!

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 7
RE: Mortal Kombat - 3/7/2006 10:29:27 AM   
PedroSanchez

A fun film. Nothing more. As game to film adaptations go though, this pisses on most of them from a great height.
It never takes itself too seriously and is all the better for it.
I like the characters, heck, even Christopher Lambert, and the fights are enjoyable.
This, for me, is the legendary Paul W.S Andersons best work.
The sequel, Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, however, is quite possibly one of the worst films ever made.

''What business is it of yours where I'm from, friendo?''

(in reply to MoBiUGeArSkIn)
Post #: 8
RE: Mortal Kombat - 3/7/2006 3:07:39 PM   
anakin solo

Its seems now more than before that they are putting great films on late at night and the crap ones earlier forcing to watch them while you are waiting for that good film.

my ally is the force and what a powerful ally it is.

(in reply to PedroSanchez)
Post #: 9
PWN3D - 10/10/2006 9:53:52 PM   
topgunmaverick

its like, incredible, with nifty phrases such as "get over here" amd "come'er!" and of course the timeless "get down here!", will never be forgotten, gives real depth to the character.

Post #: 10
Get over here! - 20/2/2008 7:26:22 PM   
dgribble

One of the best video game movies ever and prooves that Paul Anderson can make a decent movie, the plot is daft and the dialouge is cheesy but all in a good way, the fight scenes are cool and at times realistic, also for you perverts out there Sonya is pretty hot, and Kano has the best death ever.

Post #: 11
RE: Mortal Kombat - 20/5/2012 11:12:20 PM   
Phubbs

The first and best of the 'MK' movies, I saw this on cinematic release and thought it was slightly OK, apon watching it again I still feel its slightly OK, extremely hokey and tacky but it holds its own to a degree. At the time it was either this or 'Street Fighter' with JCVD and MK won hands down. Its basically a continuous setup for various fights between popular characters, unfortunately the fights are very basic and don't even look too good haha but they were fine for the time and the characters do look good, Scorpion being the best hehe
The look is dark and kinda goth with some glorious location backdrops and it does match well against the game. It is very gentle stuff but it does the job well, which is rare for a computer game film. Tagawa and Lambert make the film really with some hammy ass performances but they do inject some laughs and a reasonable hint of realism into it and give it a much needed bite.
Best to forget about the Goro puppet creation, not bad though, good dated 90's techno soundtrack too hehe.
'FIGHT!!'

Post #: 12
RE: Mortal Kombat - 21/5/2012 10:50:43 AM   
Russ Whitfield

I love this movie: the Johnny Cage character was my favourite by far... "Those are three-hundred dollar sunglasses, asshole."

I also think that Robin Shou's hair should have its own credit in Mortal Kombat, there was so much bounce and sheen, he put the Harmony "is she or isn't she" girls to shame.

Sonya was pretty hot as DGribble says... but her asskickery let her down a bit. Then again, it was 1995! I can't believe that, I just looked on IMDB cos I was going to say "Compare the asskicking in DOA" - but that was made 11 years later.

www.soldiergirlsmovie.com/
www.i-spimovie.com/

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Mortal Kombat Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI