Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Most Haunted, Dead Famous and Derek Acorahs Ghost Towns thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Most Haunted, Dead Famous and Derek Acorahs Ghost Towns thread Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Most Haunted, Dead Famous and Derek Acorahs Ghost Town... - 6/5/2006 9:38:35 PM   
Starscream

Ok changed the thread so we can discuss all the programs now

Dead Famous is currently on living tv on tuesdays at 9pm
Most Haunted will then take over in mid june in same slot
Ghost towns has just finish but will be back

Not to mention the three programs have live events

< Message edited by Starscream -- 8/5/2006 4:09:01 PM >

The allspark will be mine!
Post #: 1
RE: Most Haunted thread - 6/5/2006 9:43:23 PM   
JCRendle

eh?

(in reply to Starscream)
Post #: 2
RE: Most Haunted thread - 6/5/2006 9:47:11 PM   
Starscream

Living tv 

(in reply to JCRendle)
Post #: 3
RE: Most Haunted thread - 6/5/2006 9:48:34 PM   
JCRendle

I used to love Most Haunted (don't have Sky anymore), But what do you mean by burying them? and history in the making?

(in reply to Starscream)
Post #: 4
RE: Most Haunted thread - 6/5/2006 10:02:14 PM   
Hotlips

Is Derek Acorah about  He's bloody great 'whats that Sam?'  Although I think's he's left now actually

Honey Badger don't care, Honey Badger don't give a shit

I don't advise a haircut, man. All hairdressers are in the employment of the government. Hairs are your aerials. They pick up signals from the cosmos, and transmit them directly into the brain.

(in reply to JCRendle)
Post #: 5
RE: Most Haunted thread - 6/5/2006 10:06:58 PM   
Starscream

They have buried Karl Beattie (yvetees husband) and the new psychic in a giant coffin in the castles moat in an attempt to get more contact with ghosts. A webcam is watching them and they got footage on the show as well

(in reply to JCRendle)
Post #: 6
RE: Most Haunted thread - 6/5/2006 10:10:29 PM   
Starscream

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hotlips

Is Derek Acorah about  He's bloody great 'whats that Sam?'  Although I think's he's left now actually

Nope he got his own show called Derek Acroahs ghost towns.

Living have got 3 of these shows now

Most Haunted
Derek Acroahs Ghost Towns
Dead Famous

(in reply to Hotlips)
Post #: 7
RE: Most Haunted thread - 6/5/2006 10:15:04 PM   
Timon

I suppose i'd get a lot of grief if i said they're making it all up.

Now i love ghost stories and have an interest in the paranormal but Most Haunted is a sham. It really is. Getting the presenters to jump by just dropping things in the background and claiming that specks of dush are "spirit globes".

Please...

Anyway, one of the so called experts came forward a few months ago saying it was mostly falsified.

SPOOKY TRUTH: TV'S MOST HAUNTED CON EXPOSED TV By Matt RoperTHE TV show that has spooked millions with its footage of hauntings and poltergeists is today exposed as a fake - by one its own stars.
Resident parapsychologist Dr Ciaran O'Keeffe has sensationally lifted the lid on the ghosthunting series, Most Haunted ... and claims that the public are being deceived by "showmanship and dramatics."
He accuses the show's medium Derek Acorah of hoodwinking viewers by pretending to communicate with spirits and obtaining information about locations prior to filming.
The Mirror has also obtained unedited footage which appears to show presenter Yvette Fielding and her husband faking 'paranormal' occurrences such as ghostly bumps and knocks.
Most Haunted has quickly achieved cult status since it was launched in 2002 and is LivingTV's most successful programme.
Millions of viewers tune in regularly to watch Ex-Blue Peter girl Yvette and her team of ghost hunters spend the night in some of Britain's most haunted locations.

It has made Acorah - who claims to be guided by an Ethiopian spirit guide called Sam - into one of the country's best-known psychics.

Tonight the show will start its biggest ever live vigil, a four-night Halloween special from East London following the murderous trail of Jack the Ripper.

Yvette Fielding has said of the show - which is made by her husband Karl Beattie's production company Antix Productions: "There is no acting in this programme, none whatsoever. Everything you see and you hear is real. It's not made up, it's not acted."

But our investigation reveals how the programme uses careful editing to mislead viewers and, on at least one occasion, has even lied about the location of filming.

Ciaran, a lecturer in the paranormal at Liverpool's Hope University, knows speaking out will probably put an end to his media career... but he believes viewers should know the truth.

He says: "I think it's time to open the dialogue about what I've experienced on Most Haunted. There have been many incidents with the medium that have been brushed under the carpet.

"I was put in the show to give a professional slant to it, to give it an element of credibility, but the sceptical argument is just swept away.

"In my opinion, we're not dealing with genuine mediumship."

He says he isn't the only member of the crew who feels viewers are being cheated.

"Other crew members have been irked by Derek and what's going on, because it turns what should be a serious investigation into a laughing matter."

And our exclusive footage shows other members of the team occasionally forget they are on camera.

One of our clips, later edited out, shows Karl push an unwitting sound man in the dark and pretend it was a poltergeist attack.

In the remaining footage he says (after surreptitiously hitting the soundman): "S**t, did you feel that?"

Yvette: Are you all right? What's happened?

Karl: I felt something touch me on my shoulder.

Soundman: I felt something hit me.

And in another edited clip with medium Ian Lawman, Yvette is seen on camera making a deep sigh. In the scene that eventually went to air, Ian (after Yvette sighs) says: "What's that noise?

Yvette: What noise? Like a moan?

Ian: Breathing or something.

Yvette: I heard like an 'arrggh'.

Ciaran, who joined Most Haunted in April 2004 became suspicious of Acorah's antics on a shoot at Castle Leslie, Co Monaghan in Ireland where a 17th Century four-poster bed has been claimed to levitate.

Ciaran recalls: "As we walked into the bedroom, Derek touched the bed and came out with extremely accurate information.

"He insisted he got all the information just from touching the bed. But it was the wrong bed."

Antix Productions claims the mediums have no idea where they will be filming or know any details about the history of the locations.

But Ciaran says: "Derek must have had prior knowledge of the locations."

He devised a plan to see if Derek was deliberately deceiving the public.

While on a shoot at Bodmin gaol he invented a long-dead South African jailer called Kreed Kafer - an anagram of Derek Faker.

"I wrote the name down and asked another member of the crew to mention it to Derek before filming.

"I honestly didn't think Derek would take the bait. But during the filming he actually got possessed by my fictional character!"

On the next shoot at Prideaux Place, Cornwall, Ciaran made up another fictional character, highwayman Rik Eedles - an anagram of Derek Lies. Sure enough, Derek made contact with the dead outlaw.

Ciaran says: "In my professional opinion we're not dealing with a genuine medium.

"When Derek is possessed he is doing it consciously - all we are seeing is showmanship and dramatics."

Ciaran went a step further at Craigievar Castle, near Aberdeen.

"I made up stories about Richard the Lionheart, a witch, and Richard's apparition appearing to walk through a wardrobe - the lion, the witch and the wardrobe!" True to form, Derek mentioned all Ciaran's stories - even though Richard I reigned 500 years BEFORE Craigievar Castle was built.

The final straw came last month when Most Haunted presented a three-night special from Manchester.

On the second evening, the show claimed to be broadcasting live from the site of Cheadle's Victorian asylum, a place where - according to presenter David Bull - thousands died in torment. In fact they were in the derelict remains of Barnes Convalescence Home - where nobody died in torment.

Ciaran remembers: "Derek was communicating with spirits that sounded as if they'd been in an asylum, but it was never an asylum."

Yesterday the Mirror confronted Derek Acorah with Ciaran's allegations. He told us: "I've worked with Ciaran for many shows and he's got every right to say what he says.

"However, it does shock and surprise me. Not only do I believe that I am a genuine medium - I live my work 24 hours a day. If I thought that I wasn't a true medium, I wouldn't work as one."

A spokesman for LivingTV said: "Ciaran O'Keeffe has worked as the programme's official sceptic for 18 months and during this time has not brought any of his concerns to our attention.

"LivingTV has not seen any of your filmed evidence, but will fully investigate your claims."

I'm sure it's all great entertainment but you don't seriously believe that ghosts would speak to some camp Scouser?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Starscream)
Post #: 8
RE: Most Haunted thread - 6/5/2006 10:43:02 PM   
Starscream

I watch it because its a good laugh

it took 7 posts for someone to post it i was expecting 10

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 9
RE: Most Haunted thread - 7/5/2006 2:19:14 PM   
smila darcy

I don't have Sky anymore but I used to love MH for the entertainment value. 

It bugged the hell out of me that they don't show anything interesting though. 

*Look! It's there, by the mantlepiece*
*Camera pans to door* 

How long do we have, twenty minutes and thirty seconds? Let's go!

All you need to start an asylum is an empty room and the right kind of people.

(in reply to Starscream)
Post #: 10
RE: Most Haunted thread - 7/5/2006 8:42:50 PM   
Hotlips

quote:

ORIGINAL: Starscream

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hotlips

Nope he got his own show called Derek Acroahs ghost towns.

Living have got 3 of these shows now

Most Haunted
Derek Acroahs Ghost Towns
Dead Famous

I've seen Ghost towns once I think  I love him!!!! The crazy nut.

I don't care if they are making it up...its still fun. I'm a believer!!!!

I don't advise a haircut, man. All hairdressers are in the employment of the government. Hairs are your aerials. They pick up signals from the cosmos, and transmit them directly into the brain.

(in reply to Starscream)
Post #: 11
RE: Most Haunted thread - 7/5/2006 8:45:12 PM   
JCRendle

and who can forget "Mary loves dick, Mary loves dick"

(in reply to Hotlips)
Post #: 12
RE: Most Haunted thread - 7/5/2006 8:49:16 PM   
Hotlips

quote:

ORIGINAL: JCRendle

and who can forget "Mary loves dick, Mary loves dick"

DEREKS ON FTN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

(in reply to JCRendle)
Post #: 13
RE: Most Haunted thread - 8/5/2006 3:40:21 PM   
Cruisecontroller

Since that interview with the Mirror Dr Ciarian O` Keefe has responded in his website that his comments were taken out of context and distorted. That although he stood by the incidents he discussed he was just giving his sceptical views but not completly writing off the whole show as a sham. He was on the live show over the weekend as one of the main experts over three nights. I think its very unlikley he would continue to be on that show if he thought the whole thing was a sham and had really said so and I don`t think they would welcome him and let him on their either if he had been questioning the professional conduct of his colleagues on the show.

His response to the article is on his website;

www.theparapsychologist.com

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

Last five movies seen & rated by me.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5
5.Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. 3/5

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 14
RE: Most Haunted thread - 8/5/2006 4:04:00 PM   
Starscream

Altered the thread title for all 3 programs now 

I've heard rumours that the following places will be investigated by the most haunted team in series 8 & 9

Berry Pomeroy Castle, Devon
Carbrooke Hall Pub, Yorkshire
Caphouse Colliery, Yorkshire
Wakefield Theatre Royal, Yorkshire
York Railway Heritage Museum, Yorkshire
Beagle's Lighting Shop, Lincolnshire
Gurby Hall, Lincolnshire
Miner's Arms Pub, Derbyshire
Cross Keys Hotel, Essex
Old House, Kent
Alcatraz Prison, USA
Calneva Hotel Resort, USA
Brookedale Lodge, California, USA
Haunted Mansion, USA
Old Bodega Bay Schoolhouse, USA (this is the schoolhouse in hitchcocks the Birds)
Grimsby Fishing Heritage Centre, Lincolnshire
Trelawne Manor, Cornwall
The Four Crosses Pub, Staffordshire
Plas Teg House, Wales
The Salutation Inn, Nottingham
The Trip to Jerusalem Inn, Nottingham
Mann's Chinese Theatre, CA, USA
Maidstone, Kent
Winchester House, San Jose, USA
Thunderbird Lodge, Lake Tahoe, USA
King's Langley, Herefordshire
Somewhere in County Durham
Whitby Dracula Experience, Yorkshire
Bootle Town Hall

The two in bold have been investigated by the dead famous guys with great results

< Message edited by Starscream -- 8/5/2006 4:14:24 PM >

(in reply to Cruisecontroller)
Post #: 15
RE: Most Haunted thread - 8/5/2006 4:30:26 PM   
Cruisecontroller

Cool. Where`s "Somewhere" in County Durham? He, he just kidding! Am curious though!

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5

(in reply to Starscream)
Post #: 16
RE: Most Haunted thread - 8/5/2006 7:38:17 PM   
Hotlips

Just thought I would pop this in randomly so we could all marvel at the genius that is Derek! He was very amusing on ftn last night....I am also curious to know where abouts in Durham this is...I live near there! Will go and investigate... *did you hear that*

*Derek is possesed*

Post #: 17
RE: Most Haunted thread - 8/5/2006 11:40:31 PM   
Zygon

Derek the charlatan! getting possessed so often can't be good for him! I think they should change programme titles though.In all the years these shows have been running they've yet to produce a ghost!

Chessington World Of Adventures x 10,000-
Space Cadets

(in reply to Hotlips)
Post #: 18
RE: Most Haunted thread - 9/5/2006 12:18:32 AM   
Cruisecontroller

We haven`t seen an appariation of a ghostly figure yet but their have been lots of weird stuff happening that might be supernatural. Voices have been heard, doors have opened on their own, possessions etc hard 2 prove I know but enough 2 reinforce my beleif that ghosts exist.  
However it`s true what they say. 4 a beleiver no proof is necessarily & 4 a nonbeleiver no proof given will be enough. Even if they show a ghost on telly  on those shows your probably say it was special effects. Your only beleive it if it happens in front of your own eyes. If it has happened and your just being cynical about those shows and u do beleive fair enough and I apologise but I`m guessing that`s not the case. By the way I haven`t knowingly anyway seen a ghost but I know people who have who I do beleive and seen enough on these shows myself 2 beleive.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5

(in reply to Zygon)
Post #: 19
RE: Most Haunted thread - 9/5/2006 12:40:10 AM   
Caster

Seriously, you have to be pathetic to watch this.  Not because I don't have an open mind (I do) or believe in ghosts (sorta do) but because IT'S SO OBVIOUSLY A SCAM.

Gee, some bloke can talk to ghosts?  Wow he must be a multi-millionaire, on all the major channels, a house-hold name...No?  He's just a nobody on a channel bored housewives watch?  Funny that.

Oh and my mum watches this.  My mum is an idiot.

Post #: 20
RE: Most Haunted thread - 9/5/2006 1:00:26 AM   
JCRendle

Yes - but its entertainment - thats the main thing - many people watch it knowing it to be fake, but it does have some genuine humour

(in reply to Caster)
Post #: 21
RE: Most Haunted thread - 9/5/2006 9:58:15 AM   
Hotlips

Exactly. You get to marvel at and mock the insane warblings and spasms of a 'posessed' Derek

Plus laugh at YF..bless her. Their eyes always look pretty terrifying in that lighting....'arrrgggghhhh did you here that....' *looks towards a closed door*

< Message edited by Hotlips -- 9/5/2006 10:00:28 AM >

(in reply to JCRendle)
Post #: 22
RE: Most Haunted thread - 9/5/2006 5:36:59 PM   
Starscream

Well the opnion came from caster so enough said about that 

(in reply to Hotlips)
Post #: 23
RE: Most Haunted, Dead Famous and Derek Acorahs Ghost ... - 13/5/2006 10:33:33 PM   
G.O.B

"look by the fireplace!" *we see derek crawiling out of the fireplace followed by the dead famous team.they all join derek inpossesed spasm dancing*

Member of COBW

All I can do is be me, whoever that is. - Bob Dylan

Last Film Watched: Duck Soup (McCarey,1933)****

(in reply to Starscream)
Post #: 24
RE: Most Haunted, Dead Famous and Derek Acorahs Ghost ... - 13/5/2006 10:47:29 PM   
Hotlips

Is the mighty Acorah on now!!!!!!? *runs to the telly and grabs control*

(in reply to G.O.B)
Post #: 25
RE: Most Haunted Live & New Series. - 27/6/2006 4:11:44 PM   
Cruisecontroller

Did anyone catch Most Haunted Live over the weekend? It was in South West Wales and had bottles and stones being thrown from nowhere, weird breathing noises being heard and an interesting saence (excuse spelling) on Sunday. Last night was a bit dull despite them being in the most haunted (apparently) castle in Wales. Carl and another pychic who had been buried alive in a coffin last time they had a live weekend show in Portsmouth were chained up in a hunted dungeon with some horrible face masks on that they hoped would help them get in touch with the spirits. The psychic had a premention Carl was going to get possessed and attack him which thankfully didn`t happen! They lasted two hours like that. Oh and David got possessed for a few seconds by a headless ancient Welsh Queen who called Yevette a bitch cause she`s English! Also Richard was descended from one of the English archers who attacked the castle so he was edgey too! On Sunday I could clearly hear the voice of a women moaning and crying and then they did a saence where they named a women who may have accidentally killed herself who was very troubled and that got the exact date of her death and burial right! She spelt out help on the ouji board and Yevette started feeling sick and the table was vibrating and jumping like mad!

The trailer for the 100th episode tonight looks great with them going back to Michalem (excuse spelling!) Priory again which was the site of their first investigation. Freaky clip of a chair sliding across the floor entirely on its own with noone nearby!! Might get the 50 best moments on DVD as I only caught the last 25 and they are cool moments to have on DVD. Especially that scene on the Queen Mary where Richard Felix is asleep in the haunted bedroom and the coathangers in the wardrobe shake and you can hear a girls voice go mummy after earlier Derek Acorah had picked up that a girl had been bashed to death against that very same cupboard! I know some are sceptical but it`s enough to make me beleive in it but an appariation would be amazing on camera. Just don`t try ouji boards at home unless u know what your doing and your a proper medium folks!

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5

(in reply to Starscream)
Post #: 26
RE: Most Haunted Live & New Series. - 28/6/2006 4:41:02 PM   
Peter Dragon

Who watched this last night? I did.

Have to say I was dissappointed by the fact it wasn't live, takes away somewhat from the normal freakiness, also opens up a lot of questions about is it staged or not?

A lot to like about the show last night though, the cameraman getting attacked by something was particularily bizarre. As was the chair caught on camera.

Anyone else watch it?

Fuck land! I'm on a boat motherfucker!

Post #: 27
RE: Most Haunted Live & New Series. - 28/6/2006 5:27:52 PM   
Cruisecontroller

The best recorded episode of Most Haunted I think so far and I`ve seen almost all of them. I remember Yevette Felding being asked the next night after the live Halloween show from Pendle Hill if any of the show was faked and she cried her eyes out, denied it and said it was terrifying. I honestly beleive what you see is what happens. Might sometime be logical explanations but a wooden chair sliding across a floor on its own in a room with no wind is a ghosts for sure I tell you!!  

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5

(in reply to Peter Dragon)
Post #: 28
RE: Most Haunted Live & New Series. - 28/6/2006 6:12:33 PM   
Zygon

Dont want to pour scorn on those who like watching it for entertainment but its crap! Its staged and researched(or it was when Acorah was on)
quote:

Voices have been heard, doors have opened on their own, possessions etc hard 2 prove I know but enough 2 reinforce my beleif that ghosts exist.  
However it`s true what they say. 4 a beleiver no proof is necessarily & 4 a nonbeleiver no proof given will be enough. Even if they show a ghost on telly  on those shows your probably say it was special effects

Thats the thing.It is on telly,therefore open to fraud and cheating.Hell Paul daniels made a ghost appear on his halloween show in the 80's,with a portable video camera and monitor independently checked etc.Does that mean it was real? Nope.
"A friend of a friend saw a ghost they told me" isn't exactly scientific proof now is it?

Chessington World Of Adventures x 10,000-
Space Cadets

Post #: 29
RE: Most Haunted Live & New Series. - 28/6/2006 6:28:09 PM   
Starscream

Not watched the 100th episode yet but the live one on the weekend was pretty good

Loved the bit where Karl and the new psychic was locked in those iron masks in the pit and Karl kept thinking someone was touch him from behind, Then he let out a giant scream

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Most Haunted, Dead Famous and Derek Acorahs Ghost Towns thread Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI