Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE:

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: - 31/8/2007 11:43:41 PM   
impqueen

Though I remain unsure and sceptical I sort of like the idea that was put up on AICN I mean it looks like from the very start they went after Nimoy. I mean he knows more about Trek that than probably anyone else who has ever been connected with it and though i think the casting of Kirk is pivotal, Spock is the Universal icon.

Yes, always.

(in reply to alimac)
Post #: 181
- 1/9/2007 4:29:56 PM   
alimac

Nimoy is a legend those Simpson episodes he's in are classics

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 182
RE: RE: - 2/9/2007 5:52:15 PM   
jackcarter

I watched Back to the Future 2 last night for the first time in ages - i think itd be cool for Star Trek to do something like that with Spock in the marty role ;itd be like the mystical and legendary Leonard Nimoy/Spock taking the story and the audience on a nostalgia fueled visit to the past (1960s/23rd Century TOS era)

what is the problem with using time travel again anyway? Its not as if its been used every single movie - it was only IV and VIII (although maybe Generations could be considered time travel too - its debatable i guess);and anyway Time travel has always been a major plot device/ theme in Trek - in fact the most popular eps/movies are time travel ones - City on the Edge, Tommorow is Yesterday, Voyage Home, Yesterdays Enterprise, First Contact, In A Mirror Darkly etc..

City on the Edge is frequently described as the greatest ever Trek episode;..i mean wouldnt fans go wild at seeing the guardian in this one (if spock uses it to go back);suprisingly it was only seen once..(or twice if u include that animated ep)

I d prefer the rumour to be true than what everyone was expecting - Nimoy as Spock sorta saying "hello everyone well heres how it was"*cue flashback* ;thats rather dull and i thinking about it i dont think Nimoy would have bothered (he's pretty vocal when he dosnt like something)

< Message edited by jackcarter -- 4/9/2007 12:10:36 PM >

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 183
RE: RE: - 3/9/2007 7:00:24 AM   
Wedge

I totally agree with you mate, future Spock has to be involved some how, not just sitting in front of a group of Starfleet cadet and going 'Once upon a time....'.

"When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!"
"Dance for me Colin! Daaance for me!!"
"Everybody's dead Dave"

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs314.snc4/41022_10150255199830294_790880293_14349909_1904630_n.jpg

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 184
RE: Star Trek: Uhura Cast - 3/9/2007 10:33:10 AM   
HIM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

I'm not telling you that anything I said above is 100% set in stone. I don't think Abrams is far enough along for that to be the case yet.

This bit stuck out to me as being proof that this is nothing more than fanboy blogging. At ComicCon Nemoy said he'd read the script, so if this article were true it would mean the story isn't even in place yet so how could Nemoy have read a script over a month ago?

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 185
- 3/9/2007 1:00:13 PM   
alimac

God this is when people lose intrest when they start to go to sci fi with time travel please JJ keep it simple

Post #: 186
RE: - 4/9/2007 12:03:32 PM   
jackcarter

More info on the Trek To The Future rumour:
CHUD.COM are reporting the AICN rumour as '100% accurate'
http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=11635

Also Quinto says he's learning about Trek history specifically The Vulcans AND Romulans (in the aicn rumour it states Romulans will go back in time)
http://trekmovie.com/2007/08/31/quinto-ready-for-spock-learning-trek-mythology/

Maybe this will be the plot eh? - after all didnt Abrams or Quinto or Nimoy say that the old Spock will be sort of guiding the young one? (he couldnt do that if its just old Spock recounting the past)

- and Didnt some one from Paramount say that there was 'a reason' relating to the plot that the retro logo on the 2nd teaser poster was 'inverted' :
http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/images/star_trek_poster.jpg
(i.e not like the original):
http://members.cox.net/stenterprise/images/Logo1.jpg

Maybe its cause of this timetravel/alternate universe/trek to the future thing?-

- And what of all the conflicting reports that its gonna be a reboot/no its gonna be an in canon prequel....well if this AICN rumour is true it'd be BOTH....If JJ did a flat out reboot then all prev trek would be ignored cue pissed off Trekkies - doing it this way allows a reboot to take place within the canon.......therefore in theory Trek fans will be happy as will ur average joe movie goer with only a little knowledge of ST (so long as its a good movie which with Nimoys participation is a good indictaor that it will be)

< Message edited by jackcarter -- 4/9/2007 12:12:46 PM >

(in reply to alimac)
Post #: 187
- 4/9/2007 12:35:46 PM   
alimac

if u want Zach talking for real about star trek check out comingsoon.net

Post #: 188
- 7/9/2007 12:53:00 AM   
alimac

Captains log 25/12/08

Post #: 189
RE: - 7/9/2007 7:20:08 PM   
Mason Verger

Keira Knightley could play Bones.

Mind like parachute - only function when open.

Be excellent to each other.

(in reply to alimac)
Post #: 190
- 7/9/2007 8:03:25 PM   
alimac

It wont happen she's probaly one of those girls who made fun of Trekies

Post #: 191
RE: - 8/9/2007 1:35:43 PM   
jackcarter

quote:

ORIGINAL: alimac

It wont happen she's probaly one of those girls who made fun of Trekies

lol Yeah at her 50 grand a year public school

< Message edited by jackcarter -- 13/9/2007 11:54:36 AM >

(in reply to alimac)
Post #: 192
- 8/9/2007 7:06:14 PM   
alimac

i wasn't talking about her wealth i was talking about the fact most girls in general laugh at Star trek fans apart from Scientology people yes it's sometimes very lonely being a fan of Star trek but hey it's them whos missing out

Post #: 193
RE: - 13/9/2007 12:24:34 AM   
moogdroog

Hell will freeze over before Russell Crowe agrees to play a Klingon...

(in reply to alimac)
Post #: 194
- 13/9/2007 2:12:06 AM   
alimac

your wrong Crowe would perfect as a Klingon

Post #: 195
RE: - 13/9/2007 11:28:58 AM   
impqueen

quote:

i wasn't talking about her wealth i was talking about the fact most girls in general laugh at Star trek fans apart from Scientology people yes it's sometimes very lonely being a fan of Star trek but hey it's them whos missing out

I am a girl and I find most people laugh at Trek fans usually those who have never seen an episode and think they are being clever, the tools!

Yes, always.

(in reply to alimac)
Post #: 196
- 16/9/2007 6:21:49 PM   
jemba

why, why, why? there will be that big hype when everyone sees pics and gets all excited, and then when it comes out EVERYONE will be disappointed. sorry jj, stick with lost

Post #: 197
- 16/9/2007 8:50:44 PM   
alimac

I don't agree Star Trek films can be good when done right .JJ done a good job with MI3 considering he had to deal with Tom Cruise and he picked a cool idea with Cloverfield/18.1.08/Wreck what ever it will be called

Post #: 198
- 20/9/2007 10:02:50 PM   
alimac

I bet that this will be another cast like the Watchmen where it's all nobody's and if it is that sucks

Post #: 199
RE: - 21/9/2007 1:40:06 PM   
jackcarter

going back to this Bryan Singer interview about star trek.
http://trekmovie.com/2007/05/12/interview-bryan-singer-on-trek/

now the superman sequel has been shelved due to the new JLA film out in summer 2009 instead - maybe Singer will want do the star trek sequel (probably due winter 2010 or 2011) as i cant image abrams will want to do the sequel as soon as hes done with the first one...Singer seems more alot passionate about Trek than superman

(in reply to alimac)
Post #: 200
RE: RE: - 21/9/2007 4:46:52 PM   
The Hooded Man

Has the Superman sequel been shelved?
Officially?

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 201
RE: RE: - 21/9/2007 5:29:12 PM   
jackcarter

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

Has the Superman sequel been shelved?
Officially?

No but then when does a studio announce that its shelving a film?..

JLA is due summer 2009 and theres no way they will release 2 superman films in the same summer...which means Superman 2 has to be sidelined until at least 2010...now I think if an action packed JLA movie does Transformers box office ($650 million worldwide +) maybe they will dump singers superman sequel....and go with JLA as the new 'superman' film franchaise and do sequels to that  - i just cant see them going back to singers dark and not as successful as they wanted ($390 million ww) superman after JLA if it does bigger BO

< Message edited by jackcarter -- 21/9/2007 6:40:16 PM >

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 202
Superman 2010.Singer will do Star Trek one day - 24/9/2007 11:28:11 PM   
alimac

They won't dump superman if the strikes go ahead as planned it will be released in 2010 .As for Singer doing a Star Trek film it's inevitable

Post #: 203
RE: Superman 2010.Singer will do Star Trek one day - 26/9/2007 5:58:42 PM   
jackcarter

quote:

They won't dump superman if the strikes go ahead as planned it will be released in 2010 .As for Singer doing a Star Trek film it's inevitable

oh i do hope so - Singer would be the no 1 choice for a star trek movie IMO...hes a terrific director and X2 had some great homages to Wrath of Khan. Plus he promised to go all 'Khan' on the superman sequel.

Him and Nicholas Meyer should direct films in this new series.

< Message edited by jackcarter -- 26/9/2007 5:59:59 PM >

(in reply to alimac)
Post #: 204
RE: Superman 2010.Singer will do Star Trek one day - 26/9/2007 8:25:13 PM   
impqueen

quote:

ORIGINAL: jackcarter

quote:

oh i do hope so - Singer would be the no 1 choice for a star trek movie IMO...hes a terrific director and X2 had some great homages to Wrath of Khan. Plus he promised to go all 'Khan' on the superman sequel.

Him and Nicholas Meyer should direct films in this new series.

I am going to start worshiping someone or something for that to happen! It would be just fantastic!

Yes, always.

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 205
RE: Star Trek: Kirk And Scotty Casting Rumours - 27/9/2007 11:30:47 AM   
Timon

I would love to see Meyer return as well as Singer finally doing a film. Meyer may have clashed with Roddenberry the vision of Trek but his portrayal of Starfleet as a 'naval/Hornbloweresque' fleet was right on.

Never seen Stargate SG1/Atlantis but apparantly Paul McGillion has auditioned for the role of Montgomery Scott in the new Star Trek movie. The 38 year-old actor is well known to sci-fi fans for his portrayal of the Scottish doctor Carson Beckett on the popular Stargate spin-off and his name often comes up in fan discussions regarding potential ‘Scotty’ actors. Like the original Scotty (James Doohan) McGillion is from Canada, but he was born in Scotland and clearly does a ‘flawless’ Scottish accent. Unlike previously reported Scottish competition, McGillion held his recent Trek audition in Los Angeles instead of London. The actor tells TrekMovie.com "Obviously it would be a great honour to follow in James Doohan’s footsteps."

The tricky casting of Kirk has also thrown up a name: Mike Vogel.

Who?

Well he's a 28 year old actor who you may have seen in Poseidon last year. Sources have recently told TrekMovie.com that Abrams and his casting team have found the task of picking a new Kirk quite challenging. Vogel does have a connection to the Trek team as one of the stars of next January’s untitled monster movie (aka ‘Cloverfield’, aka ‘1-18-08?) being produced by J.J. Abrams and fellow Trek producer Bryan Burk.

Oooooooh

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 206
RE: Star Trek: Kirk And Scotty Casting Rumours - 27/9/2007 11:46:33 AM   
jackcarter

quote:

I would love to see Meyer return as well as Singer finally doing a film. Meyer may have clashed with Roddenberry the vision of Trek but his portrayal of Starfleet as a 'naval/Hornbloweresque' fleet was right on.

Never seen Stargate SG1/Atlantis but apparantly Paul McGillion has auditioned for the role of Montgomery Scott in the new Star Trek movie. The 38 year-old actor is well known to sci-fi fans for his portrayal of the Scottish doctor Carson Beckett on the popular Stargate spin-off and his name often comes up in fan discussions regarding potential 'Scotty' actors. Like the original Scotty (James Doohan) McGillion is from Canada, but he was born in Scotland and clearly does a 'flawless' Scottish accent. Unlike previously reported Scottish competition, McGillion held his recent Trek audition in Los Angeles instead of London. The actor tells TrekMovie.com "Obviously it would be a great honour to follow in James Doohan's footsteps."

The tricky casting of Kirk has also thrown up a name: Mike Vogel.

Who?

Well he's a 28 year old actor who you may have seen in Poseidon last year. Sources have recently told TrekMovie.com that Abrams and his casting team have found the task of picking a new Kirk quite challenging. Vogel does have a connection to the Trek team as one of the stars of next January's untitled monster movie (aka 'Cloverfield', aka '1-18-08?) being produced by J.J. Abrams and fellow Trek producer Bryan Burk.

Oooooooh

he's the right age…the right height (5' 10" - Shatner was about the same) has the right look (but has blue eyes unlike Shatner who had brown …so maybe he'll wear brown lenses like brown eyed Brandon Routh had to wear blue lenses for Superman )

reminds me of Casper Van Dien (Jonny Rico in Starship Troopers) - actually when that film was out in 1997 i remember thinking he'd have made a good young Kirk too.

All in all a good call i think if it happens

The Stargate guy as Scot is spot on casting...correct age as well - late 30s...

If these 2 pan out that just leaves Sulu (someone in their early 20s) Bones (late 30s), Pike (big star like Cruise, Hanks, Liotta, Caviezal, Kilmer etc) and the villan (hopefully Crowe) plus other possible characters like Gary Michell, Finnegan, Carol Marcus, Finney, Rand, Chapel (if any of those are in the story)

< Message edited by jackcarter -- 27/9/2007 1:03:51 PM >

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 207
RE: Star Trek: Kirk And Scotty Casting Rumours - 27/9/2007 11:50:44 AM   
Timon

I'd have thought Gary Mitchell would be in it in some way. Ditto with Pike. Perhaps they'll save Marcus for later. I think only a small part of the film is at the Acadmey. They may need a Captain Garrovick if the film shows Kirk's first posting to the USS Farragut. No real need for Rand, Chapel or Finnegan.

How about Ando from Heroes as Sulu?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 208
RE: Star Trek: Kirk And Scotty Casting Rumours - 27/9/2007 12:01:17 PM   
jackcarter

quote:

I'd have thought Gary Mitchell would be in it in some way. Ditto with Pike. Perhaps they'll save Marcus for later. I think only a small part of the film is at the Acadmey. They may need a Captain Garrovick if the film shows Kirk's first posting to the USS Farragut. No real need for Rand, Chapel or Finnegan.

How about Ando from Heroes as Sulu?

I've always imaging the academy scenes will be similar to what they did in The Departed..-especially with JJ 'Flashback' Abrams directing..

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 209
RE: Star Trek: Kirk And Scotty Casting Rumours - 27/9/2007 3:06:29 PM   
impqueen

For Sulu I like the idea of Ando from Heroes but I prefer the idea of Daniel Dae Kim from Lost.

Paul McGillion looks quite brilliant.  

Liotta as Captain Pike is also very interesting...

It starts filming in November right?

< Message edited by impqueen -- 27/9/2007 3:07:40 PM >

Yes, always.

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI