Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Star Trek XI: Is Sylar Spock?!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Trek XI: Is Sylar Spock?! Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Star Trek XI: Is Sylar Spock?! - 24/7/2007 10:48:40 PM   
Rgirvan44

You know...and I can't quite believe I'm saying this, but after seeing Sunshine I think Evans would be a pretty good choice for Kirk. Even though I am not a fan of FF4, I did think he brought a sense of fun to the proceedings - and now I know he could handle the heavier side of the drama as well.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 121
RE: Star Trek XI: Is Sylar Spock?! - 24/7/2007 11:24:50 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

You know...and I can't quite believe I'm saying this, but after seeing Sunshine I think Evans would be a pretty good choice for Kirk. Even though I am not a fan of FF4, I did think he brought a sense of fun to the proceedings - and now I know he could handle the heavier side of the drama as well.

If you listen to the Filmspotting podcast (www.filmspotting.net) you can hear an interview with Danny Boyle about Sunshine. It's a fantastic interview simply because Boyle is such a great talker but the thing that made me reply to your post Rgirvan44, is the praise that Boyle lavishes on Evans in the interview and I agree with him.

You're killing Independent George!!!!

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 122
RE: Star Trek XI: Is Sylar Spock?! - 25/7/2007 9:19:06 AM   
Timon

I really like the Chris Evans idea. Cocky, yet can do serious when needed.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 123
RE: Star Trek XI: Is Sylar Spock?! - 27/7/2007 11:59:15 AM   
jackcarter

so Quinto and Nimoy as Spock and Abrams is desperate to include Shatner somehow...2nd teaser poster shows TOS logo...but no Kirk yet
http://trekmovie.com/2007/07/26/abrams-confirms-nimoy-and-qunito-still-wants-shatner/

Alot of talkbackers are calling for BSGs Jamie Bamber for kirk...?

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 124
RE: Star Trek XI: Is Sylar Spock?! - 27/7/2007 12:08:34 PM   
Castor Troy

That's a sweet poster.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 125
RE: Star Trek XI: Is Sylar Spock?! - 27/7/2007 12:12:01 PM   
impqueen

With the awesome casting of Spock I am now officially excited for Trek XI it helped seeing Nimoy and Quinto together.

Don't screw up the casting of Kirk now...

Yes, always.

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 126
RE: Star Trek XI: Is Sylar Spock?! - 27/7/2007 12:23:57 PM   
Timon

Bamber's too entrenched in BSG but he'd be an interesting choice..

....there are always possibilities.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 127
RE: Star Trek XI: Is Sylar Spock?! - 27/7/2007 5:20:02 PM   
jackcarter

what the hell? that happened with Bond as well - how the heck do these things get started? I doubt Abrams has even heard of Williams!
http://trekmovie.com/2007/07/27/tabloid-rumor-robbie-williams-as-kirk/

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 128
RE: Star Trek XI: Is Sylar Spock?! - 27/7/2007 5:28:50 PM   
GhostWriter

What about Aaron Douglas as Kirk? Didn't Abrams say filming won't start until November? Filming for BSG will be long finished by then...

< Message edited by GhostWriter -- 27/7/2007 5:31:41 PM >

If anything goes wrong, Desmond Hume will be my constant.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 129
RE: Star Trek XI: Is Sylar Spock?! - 28/7/2007 8:09:53 AM   
Helo

This must surely be some kind of sick joke. My cousin texted me about this last night and I thought he was just winding me up. However, I get on the net this morning and see this....

http://www.syfyportal.com/news423960.html

If this is even remotely plausible then the campaign to stop this must start now.

"But it's Swiss!"

"Five card stud, nothing wild. And the sky's the limit."

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 130
RE: Star Trek XI: Is Sylar Spock?! - 28/7/2007 11:54:09 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Helo

This must surely be some kind of sick joke. My cousin texted me about this last night and I thought he was just winding me up. However, I get on the net this morning and see this....

http://www.syfyportal.com/news423960.html

If this is even remotely plausible then the campaign to stop this must start now.

Don't worry - I think hell would freeze over before that happned. Love the sentence saying how what limited work he has done has impressed people...I looked at that and thought 'Really?'

Surely new cast announcements must be coming up soon?

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Helo)
Post #: 131
RE: Star Trek XI: Is Sylar Spock?! - 31/7/2007 11:41:23 AM   
jackcarter

i've a feeling Abrams will be aiming for a return tto the big scale epicness of Treks I-IV with this one..

dumping the two hour episode feel of the TNG films...

regarding Kirk - I wonder if Leo Dicaprio would be considered? He might be a big Trek fan who would do it for a pay decrease if he liked the script?

< Message edited by jackcarter -- 31/7/2007 11:51:06 AM >

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 132
RE: Star Trek XI: Is Sylar Spock?! - 1/8/2007 10:04:53 AM   
Beno

Work with me on this people ok but for some reason i keep thinking that Zac Efron from the Musical flick "Hairspray" would make a good young Kirk . Cant put my finger on it but there is someting about his face maybe if he added a few pounds . He is young enough and in my opinion it could work .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlhgP0FHn1E

Check the Video above - the best i could find for facial close-up .

P.S. Of course that would put 2 guys into the movie with starring roles both with the first name ZAC , bit freaky !!

< Message edited by Beno -- 1/8/2007 10:09:22 AM >

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 133
RE: Star Trek XI: Is Sylar Spock?! - 1/8/2007 10:07:47 AM   
Timon

He's FAAAR too young. Plus he's one of the High School Musical troupe isn't he? Not exactly, Klingon bashing, lady seducing cocksure explorer of the stars.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 134
RE: Star Trek XI: Is Sylar Spock?! - 1/8/2007 10:16:18 AM   
Beno

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

He's FAAAR too young. Plus he's one of the High School Musical troupe isn't he? Not exactly, Klingon bashing, lady seducing cocksure explorer of the stars.

He is 19 Timon , and turns 20 in October , how old were these guys at Starfleet Acadamy ??You want to talk about lady seducing , look at the colour of his eyes in the Vid. i posted , wouldnt young nubile Alien Laydeees melt , or whatever Alien Lasses do ??!!

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 135
RE: Star Trek XI: Is Sylar Spock?! - 1/8/2007 10:21:11 AM   
Timon

I'll take your word for it.

I think only a small section of the film takes place at the Acadmey and the film basically covers that, Spock and Kirk's various seperate assignments and then them getting reunited aboard the Enterprise and Elfron looks barely old enough to shave let alone command a starship.

In my opinion.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 136
RE: Star Trek XI: Is Sylar Spock?! - 1/8/2007 10:29:38 AM   
Beno

quote:

I think only a small section of the film takes place at the Acadmey and the film basically covers that, Spock and Kirk's various seperate assignments and then them getting reunited aboard the Enterprise and Elfron looks barely old enough to shave let alone command a starship.

In my opinion.

OI , YOU , less of the "i'll take your word for it" innuendo , just kiddin matey , but come on cant you see it ...... someone? I think it could work .
OK , when i get invited to the Premiere and to all kinds of conventions with blue painted Alien Laydeee Babes for "calling" it right ....... i will fleetingly give you all a thought .

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 137
RE: Star Trek XI: Is Sylar Spock?! - 1/8/2007 11:32:13 AM   
The Hooded Man

Would James Marsden be a terrible choice for Kirk?

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 138
RE: Star Trek XI: Is Sylar Spock?! - 1/8/2007 11:36:36 AM   
The Hooded Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

quote:

In my opinion.

OI , YOU , less of the "i'll take your word for it" innuendo , just kiddin matey , but come on cant you see it ...... someone? I think it could work .
OK , when i get invited to the Premiere and to all kinds of conventions with blue painted Alien Laydeee Babes for "calling" it right ....... i will fleetingly give you all a thought .

It's been well established that Spock was on board the Enterprise for around 10 years before he met Kirk.
Are the Daniel Craig playing Capt. Pike still doing the rounds?

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 139
RE: Star Trek XI: Is Sylar Spock?! - 1/8/2007 11:37:31 AM   
Timon

I heard it might be Ray Liotta.....

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 140
RE: Star Trek XI: Is Sylar Spock?! - 1/8/2007 12:05:34 PM   
Beno

quote:

I heard it might be Ray Liotta.....

He has the right look but hes getting on a bit now , the "airbrush" effects needed would take up most of the movies budget , by the way did i mention Zac Efron for young Kirk ??

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 141
RE: Star Trek XI: Is Sylar Spock?! - 1/8/2007 12:39:21 PM   
The Hooded Man

Liotta could easily play Pike. A quality call but is it his type of film?

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 142
RE: Star Trek XI: Is Sylar Spock?! - 1/8/2007 1:43:04 PM   
Beno

Megan Fox could play some young hot Romulan woman .....cos ....... she ..could .

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 143
RE: Star Trek XI: Cruise To Cameo As Pike?! - 7/8/2007 10:57:12 AM   
Timon

Although he is currently shooting Valkyrie with confirmed Trekkie Bryan Singer, JJ Abrams is apparantly trying to get The Crusier to cameo in Star Trek as Enterprise captain Christopher Pike.

According to Trek lore, Pike was James T. Kirk's predecessor as captain of the U.S.S. Enterprise and Mr. Spock's first commanding officer. Pike was the captain in the original and unaired TV pilot, "The Cage," where he was portrayed by the late Jeffrey Hunter.

When NBC balked at the cerebral nature of the show and wanted a new, action-heavy pilot filmed, Hunter was unavailable so a new character, Captain Kirk, was created. The unaired pilot was later recycled for the two-part first season episode "The Menagerie," which saw Spock court-martialed for trying to take a disfigured Pike back to Talos IV, the setting of "The Cage." In Trek lore, Spock served with Pike for about a decade so his inclusion in the new film is sort of needed.

GN has learned from a trusted source that director J.J. Abrams would like to have an A-list star cameo in his forthcoming big-screen reboot of Star Trek. According to our source -- whose scoops have always panned out in the past -- Abrams is wooing his Mission: Impossible III star Tom Cruise to cameo in Star Trek ... as Captain Christopher Pike!

Cruise's name first surfaced last fall as a possibility for a role in Trek, but Cruise spokesman Arnold Robinson advised TrekMovie.com at the time, "That story is not true." There was still bad blood between Cruise and Trek studio Paramount at that time, but in recent months Sumner Redstone, the Viacom honcho who ousted Cruise, has softened his rhetoric, leaving the door open for reconciliation. A Cruise cameo in Trek, however, would be a favor to Abrams and not to Paramount.

Again, we stress that Abrams is said to only be talking to Cruise at this point; that doesn't mean Cruise will actually agree to do it. And just so you know, Cruise's camp balked at our March scoop for the comedy Men, which Variety confirmed last month. Cruise's last big-screen cameo was in Austin Powers in Goldmember.

As well as this the casting list was also leaked recently showing that the filmmakers are looking to cast Scotty, Sulu and Uhura.....no idea why. Surely they wouldn't meet Kirk, Spock and McCoy till later UNLESS they're only in the last act of the film.

[JAMES KIRK] 23-29 Handsome,cocky self assured and earnest. Great physical condition. 6 ft or less

[LEONARD (BONES) MCCOY] -28-32 Medic on the Enterprise. Smart, clever and a bit danger-loving. Dark hair, blue eyes.

[UHURA] 25ish -African American. Brilliant, beautiful, heroic and FUN!, Uhura is almost tom-boyish - as if she grew up in a house full of brothers.

[SULU] 25-32 -Asian American male (preferably Japanese). Helmsman on the Enterprise. Extremely fit, capable and dedicated. A bit of a wildcat.

[MONTGOMERY(SCOTTY) SCOTT] -28-32 a brilliant ship’s engineer. Must be able to do a flawless Scottish accent!

McCoy - danger loving? He hates transporters! Uhura, a bit of a tomboy? Really? Sulu the wildcat? Erm......

One wonders where they're going with this.....

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 144
RE: Star Trek XI: Cruise To Cameo As Pike?! - 7/8/2007 11:12:13 AM   
Biggus

quote:

[JAMES KIRK] 23-29 Handsome,cocky self assured and earnest. Great physical condition. 6 ft or less

[LEONARD (BONES) MCCOY] -28-32 Medic on the Enterprise. Smart, clever and a bit danger-loving. Dark hair, blue eyes.

[UHURA] 25ish -African American. Brilliant, beautiful, heroic and FUN!, Uhura is almost tom-boyish - as if she grew up in a house full of brothers.

[SULU] 25-32 -Asian American male (preferably Japanese). Helmsman on the Enterprise. Extremely fit, capable and dedicated. A bit of a wildcat.

[MONTGOMERY(SCOTTY) SCOTT] -28-32 a brilliant ship's engineer. Must be able to do a flawless Scottish accent!

McCoy - danger loving? He hates transporters! Uhura, a bit of a tomboy? Really? Sulu the wildcat? Erm......

One wonders where they're going with this.....

Since when has that been a necessity for the role of Scotty?!?!

"They offered me a hundred grand. You wanna know something? When I found out I'd get my hands on you, I said I'd do it for nothing."

http://fletchsworldoffilm.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 145
RE: Star Trek XI: Chekov Boards! - 8/8/2007 9:01:22 AM   
Timon

J.J. Abrams has cast Russian-born Anton Yelchin (Alpha Dog, Charlie Bartlett) as Pavel Chekov in Paramount Pictures' Star Trek. Chekov is the Russian-born navigator of the USS Enterprise under the command of James T. Kirk.

Yelchin will join Zachary Quinto and Leonard Nimoy, who will both play the role of Mr. Spock. Casting is under way in New York and London for Kirk, Bones, Uhura, Sulu, Scotty, the film's villain and the Federation captain Christopher Pike. Abrams, who will direct the untitled film, is expected to sign bigger-name actors for the latter two parts.

Plot details are being kept under wraps, but the story line is believed to chronicle the early days of the Enterprise crew during their time at Starfleet Academy.

Chekov was played by Walter Koenig on the original "Star Trek" TV series, and he is a key member of the Enterprise crew.

Abrams is producing the Christmas Day 2008 tentpole through his Paramount-based Bad Robot. Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci wrote the screenplay and will executive produce along with Bryan Burk and Damon Lindelof.

Chekov eh? Interesting seeing as he'd didn't join Trek till Season 2 of the Original Series. Could he turn up in the second half of the film or are we meant to believe all the primary characters were at the Acdamey at the same time?

(in reply to Biggus)
Post #: 146
RE: Star Trek XI: Chekov Boards! - 8/8/2007 11:10:20 AM   
HIM

I have two things to say, neither of which concerns the casting of Chekov:

1) That article states the film is, 'as yet untitled' but I'm sure I read/heard somewhere that it's simply being titled 'Star Trek'. Was I hallucinating or something?

B) What is the logic in releasing this on Christmas Day of all days? Surely ever cinema will be closed, thus giving the film a miniscule opening day figures? I remember last Christmas trying to order take-out but every Indian and Chinese I rang was closed.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 147
RE: Star Trek XI: Chekov Boards! - 8/8/2007 11:18:02 AM   
JIm R

With the character casting breakdowns, all sounds a bit new BSG dimension to me.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 148
RE: Star Trek XI: Chekov Boards! - 8/8/2007 11:18:51 AM   
Timon

1) Star Trek is the current working title but I'm sure they'll add something to it to seperate it from the other films/series

2) I've never understood studios and their decisions when it comes to release dates.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 149
RE: Star Trek XI: Chekov Boards! - 8/8/2007 11:23:19 AM   
Castor Troy

I just know him as an annoying kid in an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Great.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Trek XI: Is Sylar Spock?! Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI