Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Star Trek Into Darkness

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Star Trek Into Darkness Page: <<   < prev  38 39 [40] 41 42   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Star Trek Into Darkness - 6/1/2013 2:18:21 PM   
Cool Breeze

Apparently the cancer stricken fan that JJ graciously showed a rough cut of the film to died on friday.RIP.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1171
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 6/1/2013 4:03:14 PM   
Private Hudson

Yeah I see what you mean now.

Yep, I do think the clues are there that it is Khan and again if not then he is one of the Botany Bay crew.

But all those little things do point to something.

I agree that if he is 'just' John Harrison it would be one helluva let down.

The Del Toro thing has led to one idea that it was Khan originally but due to Del Torro passing (why?) they may make it just one of the other supermen.

I hope the race issue won't be a problem if he is Khan. Again I'll say it, Ricardo Montalban due to his own ethnicity could pass as an Indian, whereas BC will obviously have some issues. But as I said in an earlier post, there are many Indians who if you change their hairstyle don't look like the traditional, steroetypical Indian as I mentioned Persis Khambatta. I don't mean that to sound rude or offensive, as it is not meant.

BTW I had to laugh at one of the Trek websites where they were arguing over both Sulu's 'Asian' heritage as part of a similar Khan/India debate... when they clearly didn't know that India is part of Asia! Surely they meant Oriental!

Watch my spoof movie of FULL METAL JACKET here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGRWVvM-Zo&feature=plcp&context=C31ca298UDOEgsToPDskJ4_UorjolrWTaxEGMj5GO0

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1172
RE: Star Trek Into Darkness - 9/1/2013 10:24:20 AM   
spark1

j j doing post on 'darkness'-

http://trekmovie.com/2013/01/08/watch-video-shows-star-trek-into-darkness-post-production-reveals-some-new-glimpses/

its not khan but i am looking for section 31 being dropped into an explantion for harrison's actions.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 1173
RE: Star Trek Into Darkness - 9/1/2013 11:58:31 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

j j doing post on 'darkness'-

http://trekmovie.com/2013/01/08/watch-video-shows-star-trek-into-darkness-post-production-reveals-some-new-glimpses/

its not khan but i am looking for section 31 being dropped into an explantion for harrison's actions.

Thats a great video by the way (Avid visits Bad Robot).
I've become more interested in the development of films than that of the films themselves to a degree.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 9/1/2013 11:59:28 AM >

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 1174
RE: Star Trek Into Darkness - 10/1/2013 10:27:34 AM   
spark1

they twisted j j 's arm over 3d but he is making it work for him-

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a449669/jj-abrams-i-was-forced-to-make-star-trek-into-darkness-in-3d.html

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 1175
RE: Star Trek Into Darkness - 19/1/2013 1:20:23 PM   
spark1

'into darkness' comic prequel teases the new look klingons-

http://trekmovie.com/2013/01/18/trekink-april-2013-star-trek-comics-solicits/

Post #: 1176
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 20/1/2013 12:41:35 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

JJ Abrams is setting up a "Who is the bad guy!" mystery. Ask yourself this - would they do this if he was actually just playing John Harrison? Nope!

Also remember that before Cumberbatch got hired they were wanting Benicio Del Toro for the role. I would guess they are just going colour blind here, which I don't have a problem with.

I don't know - I still find John Cho as Sulu a bit iffy in some respects. I get why they did it in his case (and obviously Takei gave the guy his blessing), but with Khan... it's not like Abrams couldn't ring up Naveen Andrews, is it?

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1177
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 20/1/2013 9:32:41 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

JJ Abrams is setting up a "Who is the bad guy!" mystery. Ask yourself this - would they do this if he was actually just playing John Harrison? Nope!

Also remember that before Cumberbatch got hired they were wanting Benicio Del Toro for the role. I would guess they are just going colour blind here, which I don't have a problem with.

I don't know - I still find John Cho as Sulu a bit iffy in some respects. I get why they did it in his case (and obviously Takei gave the guy his blessing), but with Khan... it's not like Abrams couldn't ring up Naveen Andrews, is it?

Where the fuck is he these days? Always thought he was a very good actor

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 1178
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 20/1/2013 10:01:40 PM   
rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: Private Hudson

Ricardo Montalban swas a great choice for Khan. So what if he was Mexican? The guy was a great actor. If we are just to make everyone play their place of birth then surely that defeats the point of acting?

Well I didn't mean to make that much of a big deal of it, just seemed weird to me. The bigger issue was that they have decided to take one of the greatest screen villains of all time and recycle them, seems like a bad idea. Whether he seems to be a British member Starfleet just adds a secondary strangeness to the mix.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Private Hudson)
Post #: 1179
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 20/1/2013 10:51:24 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

quote:

Ricardo Montalban swas a great choice for Khan. So what if he was Mexican? The guy was a great actor. If we are just to make everyone play their place of birth then surely that defeats the point of acting?

Well I didn't mean to make that much of a big deal of it, just seemed weird to me. The bigger issue was that they have decided to take one of the greatest screen villains of all time and recycle them, seems like a bad idea. Whether he seems to be a British member Starfleet just adds a secondary strangeness to the mix.

SPOILERS for the Original TV show SPACE SEED.

In the original episode USS Enterprise stumble upon SS Botany Bay. The Enterprise's crew beam aboard and find 84 cyro tubes. Each cyro tube contains a super soldier, however twelves of the eightyfour cryotubes had mulfunctioned and killed it occupant. When the crew arrived they discovered Khan's cyrotube is mulfunctioning and they had no other choice but to rescue him.

If Botany Bay does feature in 'Into Darkness' I don't think USS Enterprise discovered her this time around. The first nine minute show the Enterprise on away mission while this unknown character is in England pulling strings.
I think it's possible another Federation Star Ship discovered Botany Bay. If BB was discovered at a later date then it's highly possible Khan would of died in the Cryo tube mulfunction. The other thing we didn't get to know anyother super soldier in Space Seed and about half of them died before Wrath of khan. I think 50/50 it's either Khan for legacy sake or a different super soldier from Botany Bay.

Spoiler end

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 1180
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 21/1/2013 12:37:30 PM   
spark1

harrison is not khan.
bet somebody else's house on it.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 1181
RE: Star Trek Into Darkness - 22/1/2013 10:24:39 AM   
spark1

review of 'into darkness' prequel comic issue 1-

http://trekmovie.com/2013/01/22/trekink-review-of-countdown-to-darkness-1/

may have spoilers/clues to 'darkness'.

Post #: 1182
RE: Star Trek Into Darkness - 23/1/2013 1:58:51 PM   
spark1

set phasers to tears-

http://www.trektoday.com/content/2013/01/abrams-expect-to-cry/

risky to invoke spirit of 'khan' yet again.

Post #: 1183
RE: Star Trek Into Darkness - 24/1/2013 10:19:31 AM   
spark1

no it is not khan but it could be.....

http://movieline.com/2013/01/23/star-trek-into-darkness-villain-benedict-cumberbatch-robert-april-john-harrison/#utm_campaign=homepage&utm_source=maincolumn&utm_medium=editorspicks&utm_content=slot1

< Message edited by spark1 -- 24/1/2013 10:20:07 AM >

Post #: 1184
RE: Star Trek Into Darkness - 28/1/2013 11:22:59 PM   
Private Hudson

When is the second issue of the comic due?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGRWVvM-Zo&feature=plcp&context=C31ca298UDOEgsToPDskJ4_UorjolrWTaxEGMj5GO0

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 1185
RE: Star Trek Into Darkness - 7/2/2013 8:44:53 PM   
impqueen

Entertainment Weekly Spoils STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS Secret> I hope this is a mistake. It seems lazy...

< Message edited by impqueen -- 7/2/2013 8:46:26 PM >

Yes, always.

Post #: 1186
RE: Star Trek Into Darkness - 8/2/2013 12:03:28 AM   
Private Hudson

quote:

ORIGINAL: impqueen

Entertainment Weekly Spoils STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS Secret> I hope this is a mistake. It seems lazy...

Well spotted. However, I do think the clues are all there for us:

Dr Carol Marcus
"John Harrison" was a minor character name in Space Seed
The shot against the glass echoing WOK
"I'm better at everything"
The axed shot of the Botany Bay from Star Trek (2009)
Abrams own quote that "Khan is out there" from some years ago
Del Toro being offered the role which is now BC's.

I am almost 100% sure that "John Harrison" isn't the character's real name. So it could be Khan, Robert April or Gary Mitchell (though he bought it in the comics).

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 1187
RE: Star Trek Into Darkness - 8/2/2013 6:40:39 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

quote:

Dr Carol Marcus

I am almost 100% sure that "John Harrison" isn't the character's real name. So it could be Khan, Robert April or Gary Mitchell (though he bought it in the comics).

I like to think John Harrison isn't Khan but another super soldier from Botany Bay. It bring a new spin to Khan's legacy while at the sametime bring something new to Star Trek fans. Afterall other than Khan we didn't get to know the other 70 something super humans. It make more logical sense to use one of the spare 70 super soldier than giving Khan a complete face lift.

Post #: 1188
RE: Star Trek Into Darkness - 9/2/2013 12:33:22 PM   
spark1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

quote:

quote:

Dr Carol Marcus

I like to think John Harrison isn't Khan but another super soldier from Botany Bay. It bring a new spin to Khan's legacy while at the sametime bring something new to Star Trek fans. Afterall other than Khan we didn't get to know the other 70 something super humans. It make more logical sense to use one of the spare 70 super soldier than giving Khan a complete face lift.

true, ENT mixed the eugenics wars with the noonian soong android saga and then used to clear up the OS/tng klingons debate.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 1189
RE: Star Trek Into Darkness - 9/2/2013 1:47:17 PM   
spark1

i think we have a classic 'starfleet officer gone wild' situation with blowback on starfleet for using eugenics to help fight threats after the events of the previous film.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 1190
RE: Star Trek Into Darkness - 9/2/2013 5:56:37 PM   
Private Hudson

That's interesting.

BTW on some American forums they are going nuts over the idea that BC could be Khan due to Khan being Indian. They were also very upset about John Choo (a Korean American) playing Sulu (a Japanese American) though Roddenberry wanted Sulu to represent Asia (obviously the Oriental peoples of Asia as we all know how big and diverse Asia is).

They got into such a carry on saying that Ricardo Montalban would never have played Khan today as he is a Latino and Khan was Indian. Yet there was a rumour that Benicio Del Toro (also a Latino) was playing Khan.

Now I know what they are saying, but I don't think Star Trek was or is being racist. Is hiring a Latino actor to play an Indian racist? I can certainly understand the feelings of people when they see the minstrel garbage of less informed times with white actors "blackened" up to play black people. But surely this isn't the case here?

Curiously, I watched The Dictator today and Ben Kingsley (of Indian heritage) was playing a North African Arab. Sasha Baron Cohen (who is Jewish) was playing a North African Arab also.

Simon Pegg is English yet he is playing Scotty. Does that bother me? Not really.

I think the game is up for entertainment/movies etc if when casting a movie you can only hire a person from that region/ethnicity.

Just interested on people's take on this.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 1191
RE: Star Trek Into Darkness - 19/2/2013 1:19:16 PM   
spark1

1st look at 'into darkness'-

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2013/02/19/star-trek-into-darkness-first-look-featurette/

Post #: 1192
RE: Star Trek Into Darkness - 20/2/2013 10:13:19 AM   
spark1

clues to 'darkness' in this month's trek comics-

http://trekmovie.com/2013/02/19/trekink-review-of-countdown-to-darkness-2/

http://trekmovie.com/2013/02/19/trekink-review-of-star-trek-18/

j j talks klingons-

http://www.mania.com/abrams-talks-klingons-trek-sequel_article_136894.html

Post #: 1193
RE: Star Trek Into Darkness - 2/3/2013 6:29:17 PM   
Private Hudson

Any more news? Getting a bit excited for this.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 1194
RE: Star Trek Into Darkness - 5/3/2013 10:27:12 AM   
spark1

the website should really have more up date stuff with the release near upon us.

< Message edited by spark1 -- 6/3/2013 1:31:56 PM >

Post #: 1195
RE: Star Trek Into Darkness - 6/3/2013 1:52:58 AM   
lelouchvi

Very sad but heart warming story. I'm relieved to know he got his final wish :)

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 1196
RE: Star Trek XI - 7/3/2013 1:01:08 PM   
spark1

release date now may 9th-

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a463950/star-trek-into-darkness-uk-release-date-moved-to-may-9.html

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 1197
RE: Star Trek Into Darkness - 8/3/2013 10:16:20 AM   
spark1

'into darkness' promotion in brazil- with spoilers about peter weller's role-

http://trekmovie.com/2013/03/07/brazil-star-trek-into-darkness-press-screening-reveals-big-spoilers-peter-wellers-character/

Post #: 1198
RE: Star Trek Into Darkness - 9/3/2013 12:32:37 PM   
spark1

30 min press preview details- with spoilers-

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/at-the-movies/a464339/star-trek-into-darkness-10-teasers-for-jj-abrams-sequel-spoilers.html

Post #: 1199
RE: Star Trek Into Darkness - 9/3/2013 8:52:59 PM   
Cool Breeze

Stop posting links with spoilers Spark.Some of us actually just want to wait until the film comes out to see what happens.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 1200
Page:   <<   < prev  38 39 [40] 41 42   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Star Trek Into Darkness Page: <<   < prev  38 39 [40] 41 42   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI