Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... Page: <<   < prev  37 38 [39] 40 41   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 14/12/2012 2:12:07 PM   
spark1

j j and co on 'darkness' in 3 d-

http://trekmovie.com/2012/12/13/exclusive-kurtzman-on-villain-testing-trek-crew-lindelof-on-changes-3d-brings-to-trek-abrams-on-his-next-project/

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 1141
Into Darkness preview. - 14/12/2012 8:56:02 PM   
Scruffybobby

So thoughts on the 9 min preview? SPOILERS

Looks pretty damn good to me. Some nice humour (That was our ride!, Big Fish) and some great visuals (submarine Enterprise, the Volcano). Intrigued to see who Cumberbatch is and how he's connected to Clarke's character. (presumably the line about famliy is delivered to him)

Next May better hurry up and get here sharpish.

I want to taste you like yogurt.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 1142
RE: Into Darkness preview. - 15/12/2012 12:26:03 PM   
spark1

more 'darkness' at-

http://trekmovie.com/2012/12/14/exclusive-cumberbatch-pine-quinto-urban-cho-talk-into-darkness-and-future-star-treks/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog/2012/dec/14/star-trek-into-darkness-3d?intcmp=ILCMUSIMG9382

no red herrings.

< Message edited by spark1 -- 15/12/2012 1:46:34 PM >

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 1143
RE: Into Darkness preview. - 15/12/2012 10:51:57 PM   
Whistler

Saw the 9 minutes of footage before The Hobbit last night, and it looks ace.

Eddy's Film Review
Latest: Need For Speed, Under The Skin, 300: Rise Of An Empire

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 1144
RE: Into Darkness preview. - 16/12/2012 4:45:39 PM   
Private Hudson

Enterprise underwater?

Hmmmn. I always remember a line in the official comic around the time of The Motion Picture that had some disembodied nutter taking control of either Enterprise or its sister ship the Icarus and he is returning to his home planet... however someone states that in his madness he has forgotten: "YOU CAN'T LAND A STARSHIP!!!"

I know it may not be cannon, but it does open the question!

BTW so it is confirmed BC is playing John Harrison?

Watch my spoof movie of FULL METAL JACKET here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGRWVvM-Zo&feature=plcp&context=C31ca298UDOEgsToPDskJ4_UorjolrWTaxEGMj5GO0

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 1145
RE: Into Darkness preview. - 17/12/2012 10:18:33 AM   
spark1

bit more on 'darkness'-

http://trekmovie.com/2012/12/14/into-darkness-london-event-w-burk-cumberbatch-eve-new-character-details-runtime-photos-video/

herrings absent

(in reply to Private Hudson)
Post #: 1146
RE: Into Darkness preview. - 17/12/2012 8:43:59 PM   
BelfastBoy

Anybody know the source of the music in the new full-length trailer? As well as sounding lovely, it also sounds vaguely familiar.

Why can't Cumberbatch be 'Gary Mitchell'? Honestly, I don't care if he's Khan, Mitchell, or someone else entirely, I just want it to be May 17 2013 so I can see the damn film!

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 1147
RE: Into Darkness preview. - 18/12/2012 10:20:32 AM   
spark1

looks like kirk will get a lesson in humility after being fast tracked as captain.

(in reply to BelfastBoy)
Post #: 1148
RE: Into Darkness preview. - 18/12/2012 10:39:32 AM   
pete_traynor

Oh this is shaping up nicely indeed!

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 1149
RE: Into Darkness preview. - 19/12/2012 12:03:23 PM   
spark1

usatoday analyzes the 9 mins footage-

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2012/12/16/star-trek-into-darkness/1765987/

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 1150
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 23/12/2012 12:09:09 PM   
spark1

j j talks harrison, lens flare in 3d-

http://trekmovie.com/2012/12/22/jj-abrams-talks-star-trek-into-darkness-plot-themes-lens-flares-in-3d/

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 1151
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 27/12/2012 12:57:12 PM   
spark1

'darkness' tries to preserve prime timeline- with minor spoilers-

http://trekmovie.com/2012/12/26/lindelof-on-how-destruction-of-vulcan-ties-into-into-darkness-much-more/

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 1152
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 28/12/2012 3:13:14 AM   
Sutty

Anything with Benedict Cumberbatch has to be worthwhile doesn't it?

Now, the title... Is it

Star Trek: Into Darkness.

or...

Star Trek Into Darkness, as in ("okay guys, lets star trek in to darkness!")

Because if it is the latter, that is pretty corny.

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 1153
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 2/1/2013 5:45:17 PM   
Private Hudson

So who is John Harrison?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGRWVvM-Zo&feature=plcp&context=C31ca298UDOEgsToPDskJ4_UorjolrWTaxEGMj5GO0

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 1154
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 2/1/2013 5:51:15 PM   
Private Hudson

I never watched Enterprise the TV series but just read there that Peter Weller played a character called John Paxton who was a disciple of Colonel Green and he is also in the new movie, though he will probably be a totally different character.

Now Colonel Green... he would be an interesting choice!

Post #: 1155
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 2/1/2013 7:22:27 PM   
Rgirvan44

So saw the IMAX footage -

Here is what I think

Cumberbatch is Khan. Noel Clarke is likely someone who works on the Federation network. Khan offers to save his child in return for access to the codes, which then result in the starships falling from the sky.

The experiment that Spock is carrying out is on behalf of Carol Marcus who is looking into terraforming and altering planets to save them (but not Genesis).

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Post #: 1156
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 3/1/2013 12:45:08 PM   
Cool Breeze

JJ Abrams has screened a cut of the not quite finished film for a terminally ill Star Trek fan..

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/jj-abrams-screens-new-star-trek-film-for-terminally-ill-fan-091452603.html

Very cool of JJ to do this and make this unfortunate individuals day.

< Message edited by Cool Breeze -- 3/1/2013 12:46:16 PM >

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1157
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 3/1/2013 4:55:22 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

JJ Abrams has screened a cut of the not quite finished film for a terminally ill Star Trek fan..

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/jj-abrams-screens-new-star-trek-film-for-terminally-ill-fan-091452603.html

Very cool of JJ to do this and make this unfortunate individuals day.

Kudos indeed!

What a lovely act of generosity and kindness.

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 1158
RE: Star Trek XI - 4/1/2013 6:12:07 AM   
Joserabal

Hi
The article is so nice and thanks for this article........

(in reply to RRedshiftedd)
Post #: 1159
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 4/1/2013 7:45:14 PM   
Private Hudson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Here is what I think

Cumberbatch is Khan. Noel Clarke is likely someone who works on the Federation network. Khan offers to save his child in return for access to the codes, which then result in the starships falling from the sky.

The experiment that Spock is carrying out is on behalf of Carol Marcus who is looking into terraforming and altering planets to save them (but not Genesis).

You think it is a bluff then this whole John Harrison stuff? Interesting!

Though what about Khan being a Sikh? They did say all stuff pre-Kelvin attack is still canon, so surely he doesn't look like an Indian Prince or a Sikh?

I do think you may be onto something though in that John Harrison could be a red herring.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1160
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 4/1/2013 7:48:15 PM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Private Hudson

quote:

Here is what I think

You think it is a bluff then this whole John Harrison stuff? Interesting!

Though what about Khan being a Sikh? They did say all stuff pre-Kelvin attack is still canon, so surely he doesn't look like an Indian Prince or a Sikh?

I do think you may be onto something though in that John Harrison could be a red herring.

Ricardo Montalban hardly looks particularly Indian either . Can't say I think he's Khan though, I think there's still something in the Gary Mitchell rumours.

I want to taste you like yogurt.

Post #: 1161
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 4/1/2013 7:55:31 PM   
Private Hudson

Montalban was supposed to be an Indian and I know what you are saying but let's be honest in 1960s TV he certainly looks more Indian than Benedict Cumberbatch. India is a massive country and there are many different types of peoples who live there, so I don't think Montalban was a massive stretch.

Anyway the Botany Bay is still floating through space?

Mitchell apparently got killed off in the new comics, so unsure whether they will just blank the comics which will piss off the readers, but then again it does help throw us off the scent.

Only thing is, what has wronged Gary Mitchell if he has never been to The Barrier and became the superhuman of "Where no man has gone before"?

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 1162
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 4/1/2013 9:05:19 PM   
rich

Using existing characters that way just seems like a really dumb idea, but Khan is the silliest one. A guy from Mexico in the role, hey nobody really minds for some reason, and screen history remembers him as a classic character anyway. Replacing him with a British guy? Doesn't make sense.

Weekend write-ups

Post #: 1163
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 5/1/2013 5:40:56 PM   
Private Hudson

Ricardo Montalban swas a great choice for Khan. So what if he was Mexican? The guy was a great actor. If we are just to make everyone play their place of birth then surely that defeats the point of acting?

I mean do I get offended when Simon Pegg murders the Scottish accent as Scotty? No. That's drama.

I can see why people would get offended when white actors played black characters in the past. That is racist and offensive.

Indians are slightly different in that they are Caucasian and many Indians do not look what I would think most people would think of as 'stereotypical' Indian you would see in the likes of Lives of the Bengal Lancers. And again India is a massive country both in terms of population and geography so there are many different types of what people would class as Indian.

Funnily enough, Persis Khambatta was Indian and when she shaved her head for Ilya in Star Trek: The Motion Picture I would reckon most people wouldn't guess where she came from.

BTW found this: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Harrison

Is it significant that Harrison was first mentioned by name in Space Seed?

Maybe he is Khan after all?

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 1164
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 5/1/2013 7:40:25 PM   
Deviation

Has it been confirmed if Cumberbatch is actually playing Khan? IE, the South Asian Khan that was played before by a Mexican?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

Post #: 1165
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 5/1/2013 7:59:36 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

In my point of view I think Cumberbatch is playing a character of similiar issues/traits to that of previous villians but in the some way he's also going to be unique in his ways.
But that just my feeling at this moment.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 1166
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 5/1/2013 10:50:33 PM   
Private Hudson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

Has it been confirmed if Cumberbatch is actually playing Khan? IE, the South Asian Khan that was played before by a Mexican?

No, but the rumours are that John Harrison is a false name in the same way Ducard in Batman Begins was actually Ra's Al Ghul.

Another rather interesting idea being floated about is that John Harrison is a crew member of the Botany Bay and in this Universe it is his cryogenic pod that is opened and not Khan's! Now that would be controversial and fun!

I was at first pretty hacked off with the change in the timeline idea, but since the 2009 movie I have come to think it was a stroke of genius by JJ Abrams and co. They can do what they like!

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 1167
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 6/1/2013 1:25:43 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

Not confirmed but the 9min IMAX footage shows Cumberbatc?h and the last words in his clip as "Who are you!" - who else can it be really?

< Message edited by Rgirvan44 -- 6/1/2013 1:29:12 PM >

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 1168
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 6/1/2013 1:36:21 PM   
Private Hudson

quote:

quote:

Not confirmed but the 9min IMAX footage shows Cumberbatc?h and the last words in his clip as "Who are you!" - who else can it be really?

Can you clear this up by what you mean?

Do you think he is Khan then?

I am actually going more for the idea that he is one of the Botany Bay 'supermen' and in this reality he is the one whose pod opens up.

I read a few sites the other day and some say JJ wanted to put a clip of the Botany Bay after the credits of the 2009 movie and is on record as saying that "Khan is out there, floating in space".

Plus when you add in Carol Marcus into the mix, it is likely that there is some link to Khan.

In the original Space Seed script Khan was called John Ericsson or something like that as he was a Nordic superman, who was using a false name to hide who he really was, some bad, evil geezer called Rangar or something like that.

John Harrison was a crew member who first appeared in Space Seed, so I do think there are quite a few clues.

Oh and apparently the original name for this movie was going to be Star Trek: Vengeance.... ST II was going to be called Vengeance of Khan.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1169
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 6/1/2013 1:41:47 PM   
Rgirvan44

JJ Abrams is setting up a "Who is the bad guy!" mystery. Ask yourself this - would they do this if he was actually just playing John Harrison? Nope!

Also remember that before Cumberbatch got hired they were wanting Benicio Del Toro for the role. I would guess they are just going colour blind here, which I don't have a problem with.

Post #: 1170
Page:   <<   < prev  37 38 [39] 40 41   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... Page: <<   < prev  37 38 [39] 40 41   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI