Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... Page: <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 6/12/2012 9:51:53 AM   
Timon

Of course, I say that but this Japanese trailer has a rather obvious Wrath of Khan reference at the end - http://youtu.be/BrHlQUXFzfw

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 1111
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 6/12/2012 10:05:13 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Looking good.
Didn't expect a trailer to come out this soon.Chuffed.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 1112
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 6/12/2012 10:10:24 AM   
giggity

Do we think Abrams with all his secrecy would put something so blatently khan at the end of the trailer and mean it? Could it not be a red herring?

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 1113
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 6/12/2012 10:15:04 AM   
film man aidy

POTENTIAL SPOILER BASED MUSINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Japenese trailer has a much better end scene - all Wrath of Khan homage with the hands on the glass. But who do they belong to? Am guessing one of the main players won't make it to the end credits. Best guess - Dr McCoy. The sleeve is blue, and I can't see them killing Spock again...

Post #: 1114
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 6/12/2012 10:19:00 AM   
The Hooded Man

I wish Abrams would quit the messing around and just tell people who the characters are. I mean did anyone not enjoy The Dark Knight because it was revealed that the Joker was the villain before filming started? It's ludicrous and is a complete distraction, in fact I would go as far as say it is being contemptuous of the fan base. One other thing bugs me - why is there no mention of Starfleet's Temporal Division who exist outside normal time and ensure that any meddling with timelines is corrected? Surely they might notice a small thing like a planet being destroyed and the course of history altered?

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to giggity)
Post #: 1115
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 6/12/2012 10:23:18 AM   
giggity

Yeah I don't get the uber secrecy. I mean it's one thing for Marvel or Nolan to hide the villians name before they start production but with star trek they've finished filming everything and we still dont know who it is which is just ridiculous as there's no character which cumberbatch could be playing that would be considered a spoiler before releasing the film, it's not like hes a cameo, that i could understand. This is the main antagonist!
We will find out before the film comes out, which makes me wonder what the difference is to us knowing who it is now to who it is a few months later.

Film looks bitching though!

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 1116
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 6/12/2012 10:23:55 AM   
Timon

Urgh. Temporal Division? Please. Enterprise's Temporal Cold War was one of the most ridiculous aspects that Star Trek has ever introduced.

Anyway - NEW TIMELINE.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

Post #: 1117
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 6/12/2012 10:50:55 AM   
The Hooded Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Urgh. Temporal Division? Please. Enterprise's Temporal Cold War was one of the most ridiculous aspects that Star Trek has ever introduced.

Anyway - NEW TIMELINE.

But Trek can't have NEW TIMELINEs!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 1118
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 6/12/2012 11:02:05 AM   
Vadersville

This teaser did nothing for me. Inception style music. Really? I'm getting really bored of all these Nolan rip offs now. Oh look, the Enterprise crashing. Seen that before. Shocked and scared faces galore. Did someone fart loudly? War of the worlds type plants. Wow. Main baddie out for revenge! ...like Nero was in the last film? Boring. Hope the film is better. Especially after this stupidly long wait.

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

Post #: 1119
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 6/12/2012 11:09:48 AM   
The Hooded Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

This teaser did nothing for me. Inception style music. Really? I'm getting really bored of all these Nolan rip offs now. Oh look, the Enterprise crashing. Seen that before. Shocked and scared faces galore. Did someone fart loudly? War of the worlds type plants. Wow. Main baddie out for revenge! ...like Nero was in the last film? Boring. Hope the film is better. Especially after this stupidly long wait.

I agree. It looks like a Michael Bay film - generic, by the numbers blockbuster. The last Trek film was big on thrills but no so much on smarts I hope that changes this time around.

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 1120
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 6/12/2012 11:12:35 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

I'm confident Star Trek is in the right hands.Positive thinking people!!

Post #: 1121
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 6/12/2012 11:56:49 AM   
Cool Breeze

In Abrams we trust.JJ did a great job rebooting Trek nearly four years ago and this film looks EPIC!

I also think its cool that hes managed to keep a lid on the films plot and identity of the villain.Its increased interest and is really making people stoked to see this film.

Regarding the starhip in the water bit.I could be wrong but i dont think thats the Enterprise crashing.It could be a different starship and looks like the baddie is making a statement by striking at starfleet headquarters.The bits on the lava planet looked a bit Revenge Of The Sith.Im gonna guess that the blonde is Carol Marcus.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

Post #: 1122
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 6/12/2012 12:09:25 PM   
jobloffski

quote:

ORIGINAL: giggity

Do we think Abrams with all his secrecy would put something so blatently khan at the end of the trailer and mean it? Could it not be a red herring?

He would if he wanted to ALLUDE to that scene from Khan, while having it not be the person in the blue uniform as the person dying or in danger, but the person on the other side of the glass,,,hmm?

I would

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 6/12/2012 12:10:50 PM >

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to giggity)
Post #: 1123
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 6/12/2012 1:25:37 PM   
HIM

quote:

ORIGINAL: giggity

I do hope so.

(in reply to giggity)
Post #: 1124
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 6/12/2012 1:31:27 PM   
HIM

Posted this in the Movie News section but I'll put it here too:

********POSSIBLE SPOILERS REGARDING SPOCK AND THE JAPANESE TRAILER*************************

From that Japanese teaser it looks like they'll be killing off Spock just like in Wrath of Khan, which is a shame for two reasons. For one, I don't think two movies gives us enough of the Kirk-Spock-Bones triumvirate, which the series and films were famous for - though granted I haven't seen Into Darkness yet. It just seems that two movies of Spock is nowhere near enough. And secondly, if they do follow the old films and bring him back for the third one then it will be too much of a deus ex machina, for me. It was alright for a Star Trek film in the 80's but I'm just not sure modern audiences will buy it. Plus it will ruin the impact of the second one if you know he comes back.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 1125
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 6/12/2012 1:55:06 PM   
jobloffski

Still feel it's more likely that BC's character is in the uniform and his referred to family are on the other side of the glass, going through whatever will motivate his revenge. Killing Spock in Wrath of Khan only had resonance because the character had been in existence in the Nimoy form for decades. Re-using the same sucker punch is almost too lazy for words and it's not as if it would have to happen again in a reformed timeline in which the revenge of Khan hasn't even been set up, given ST used an already existing storyline as the basis for consequences decades later.

Re-using Khan in a reformed timeline makes more sense in a way if the original meeting doesn't happen and Khan simply carries out the plan that led to him being marooned by Kirk in the original series. But even then to go for Khan in the second reboot film would be stupidly lazy.

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 1126
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 6/12/2012 3:02:26 PM   
jenzie

NEVER READ ANYTHING INTO TRAILERS

oh man, the two trailers has got me pumped up for this ..... i didn't see the first one in the cinema ..... DEFINATELY seeing this one!!!!

ALIENS: yes, i still have the damn hat on ..... WANNA TAKE IT OFF ME????
HUMANS: well, yes .....
ALIENS: ACTIVATE THE STUPID HUMAN RAY!!!!!

http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/jenzie

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 1127
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 6/12/2012 3:28:15 PM   
pete_traynor

Rad teaser!

That is all... untill the extended one next week

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to jenzie)
Post #: 1128
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 7/12/2012 12:39:34 PM   
pete_traynor

Good news London! The BFI IMAX has confirmed the 9 minute preview will be shown before The Hobbit

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 1129
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 7/12/2012 12:57:25 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Is it even conceivable that Benedict could be playing someone else other than the two touted names of Mitchel or Khan.

Post #: 1130
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 7/12/2012 12:57:40 PM   
Dannybohy

Will the Ewoks be in this new movie?

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

Post #: 1131
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 7/12/2012 1:05:00 PM   
The Hooded Man

I am going to stick my neck out here and say Abrams and the team wouldn't do something as obvious and lazy and give us a remake of Wrath Of Khan when they went to great lengths to establish a new timeline and continuity, why bother if you're just going to give us the same again? I suspect that image at the end of the trailer is a deliberate attempt at toying with the audience and expectations and it's little more than a nod to what's gone before.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 1132
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 7/12/2012 1:42:09 PM   
spark1

i hope its a succes but look forward to trek XIII shedding the 'khan' blueprint for good.

remember the 2nd most successful trek movie had no deaths, massive explosions/spacebattles, a few ethical dillemmas and a lot more laughs.

< Message edited by spark1 -- 8/12/2012 12:29:16 PM >

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 1133
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 7/12/2012 2:17:09 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

Is it even conceivable that Benedict could be playing someone else other than the two touted names of Mitchel or Khan.

How about LORD Garth.See TOS episode '' Whom Gods Destroy ''.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

Post #: 1134
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 8/12/2012 12:32:23 PM   
spark1

alice eve talks 'darkness'-

http://trekmovie.com/2012/12/07/alice-eve-talks-star-trek-into-darkness-script-director-co-star-cumberbatchs-seriousness/

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 1135
Star Trek Into Darkness - 8/12/2012 3:55:51 PM   
Cool Breeze

If they have already done the Mitchell storyline in the new comic series, this movie could very much be a follow up to that.In '' Where no man has gone before '' , Kirk buried Mitchell under tons of rock.Its not inconceivable that he could get out and head back to earth to exact his revenge.

And Alice Eve does look a lot like Dr. Elizabeth Dehner from the same episode.Mitchell was rather smitten with her so he may be back to take her too.

So im gonna say that Cumberpatch is playing Mitchell whch will make it a more personal vendetta for Kirk ( Especially if the baddie calls him James R Kirk ).

P.S- Can we have the title of this thread changed to the films title please?

< Message edited by Cool Breeze -- 8/12/2012 3:59:11 PM >

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 1136
RE: Star Trek Into Darkness - 8/12/2012 5:09:53 PM   
Rgirvan44

Orci already said it wasn't Mictchell and Eve also looks a lot like a young Carol Marcus.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 1137
RE: Star Trek Into Darkness - 10/12/2012 10:03:39 PM   
rich

Of course, it was obviously John Harrison

http://www.slashfilm.com/new-star-trek-into-darkness-image-identifies-benedict-cumberbatch-as-john-harrison/

< Message edited by rich -- 10/12/2012 11:04:36 PM >

Weekend write-ups

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1138
RE: Star Trek Into Darkness - 11/12/2012 10:13:36 AM   
Sinatra

Hmm so who the heck is John Harrison?

Las Vegas is the only place I know where money really talks--it says, "Goodbye."

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 1139
RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... - 12/12/2012 10:16:52 AM   
spark1

j j and writers talk 'darkness' reveal-

http://trekmovie.com/2012/12/11/watch-jj-abrams-talks-into-darkness-villain-says-movie-not-made-just-for-trekkies/

http://trekmovie.com/2012/12/11/exclusive-kurtzman-orci-talk-about-cumberbatch-into-darkness-character-name-reveal/

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 1140
Page:   <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Benedict Cumberbatch Boldly Going... Page: <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI