Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Star Trek XI

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Trek XI Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Star Trek XI - 1/2/2007 10:05:12 PM   
Mr Terrific

I'm not much of a Star Trek fan. But the best idea would be come up with a new and relatively fresh idea similar to the one mooted by Fluke Skywalker above me. Something radical and new, a whole new crew....The Federation falling apart maybe leaving no room for goody two shoes behaviour.

It would be interesting to see The Federation struggle to hold on to ideals while under attack.

..."lost like tears in the rain....."

"He claims he is a man. And one of the things about being a man is getting knocked on your ass and learning from it."

http://www.dccomics.com/heroes_and_villains/?hv=origin_stories/mr_terrific

(in reply to Underscore)
Post #: 61
RE: Star Trek XI - 2/2/2007 12:44:58 AM   
Mycroft

quote:

ORIGINAL: Underscore
I'm not a Star Trek fan and I haven't particulary been following this movie bar from the odd bit of news. I'm genuinely surprised by this. Most of all I'm stumped why this might have happened... creative differences anyone?

According to Aintitcool and the horses mouth it aint true, phew

(in reply to Underscore)
Post #: 62
RE: Star Trek XI - 2/2/2007 5:56:56 AM   
Underscore

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mycroft

quote:

ORIGINAL: Underscore
I'm not a Star Trek fan and I haven't particulary been following this movie bar from the odd bit of news. I'm genuinely surprised by this. Most of all I'm stumped why this might have happened... creative differences anyone?

According to Aintitcool and the horses mouth it aint true, phew

Yeah, I read that like an hour after I posted that. Oops

I'm not a Star Trek fan but the one thing which has attracted me to it is Abrams approach that people who are unfamiliar to Star Trek will really like this. It would have been a shame if he went and this basic premise left.

'Josh: Couldn't you just drop me off the Washington Monument? Bartlet: It's Christmas Josh!, no reason why we can't do both!

(in reply to Mycroft)
Post #: 63
RE: Star Trek XI - 8/2/2007 10:18:26 AM   
Timon

According to Dark Horizons, James McAvroy was questioned about his rumoured role as Scotty in the new Trek film.

Have you been approached and would you do it?
I couldn't possibly comment.

So you have been approached?
Not in so many words.

So you would do it if you were approached?
I don't know to tell you the truth, I'm a Star Trek geek, fan, fanatic, so, anything about it could make me cry. But I'm not going to, I'm saving that for the talent show

The sly fox.

Abrams meanwhile has reaffirmed that he's still attached to the next Trek film despite new talk that's he now going to direct a project called "Cloverfield" instead.

Where confusion lies is that Abrams has NEVER been officially attached to direct as such, rather its a given everyone's been operating under since it was announced he would be writing and producing. Paramount and Abrams have never said on the record that he will direct.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Underscore)
Post #: 64
RE: Star Trek XI - 8/2/2007 9:32:28 PM   
JIm R

Have to say, would be all for XI being a prequel of how the crew met, the introductions, the forming of friendships etc.

Plus McAvoy as Scotty is inspired casting.

Just get Matt Damon as Kirk and Christian Bale as Spock and we're all go.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 65
RE: Star Trek XI - 10/2/2007 1:21:12 PM   
impqueen

Christian Bale as Spock! That my friend is brilliant!

Even I would be for this film if that ever happend...

Yes, always.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 66
RE: Star Trek XI - 27/2/2007 9:47:06 AM   
Timon

IGN Filmforce think they know who'll star as THE BIG THREE - Kirk, Spock and McCoy.

IGN Movies has learned from studio sources which actors may play the Big Three in Paramount's Star Trek XI. By the "Big Three," we mean, of course, Captain James T. Kirk, Mr. Spock and Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy.

Confirming rumors that have been making the rounds for some months now, IGN has learned that Oscar winner Matt Damon is indeed in talks with Paramount about playing the role of Jim Kirk, previously immortalized onscreen by Emmy winner William Shatner.

Damon brings star power and an acting pedigree to the role that should convince audiences that this is a serious reboot of the beloved franchise.

For the part of Kirk's Vulcan first officer Mr. Spock, IGN has been told that none other than Oscar winner Adrien Brody (King Kong, The Pianist) is in talks with Paramount to play the role. If cast, Brody would succeed Leonard Nimoy in a role that forever marked Nimoy's career. But with a Best Actor award already under his belt and an eclectic mix of films on his resume, Brody wouldn't have as much to lose by taking on the iconic role as Nimoy had.

IGN has also been told that Oscar nominee Gary Sinise -- currently seen on the small screen in CSI: NY -- is in talks for the role of Dr. McCoy, the ornery and politically incorrect ship's physician aboard the U.S.S. Enterprise. McCoy's prickly relationship with Spock was the basis of much of the humor and humanity of the original 1960s series. The late DeForrest Kelley played "Bones" on TV.

Golden Globe and Emmy winner Sinise is no stranger to films about space flight, having previously appeared in Apollo 13 and Mission to Mars.

Those are the three actors that our studio insider advised us were the closest to being cast, with Damon's talks said to be further along than the rest. We have also heard of an actor being eyed for the role of Enterprise helmsman Lt. Sulu: Daniel Dae Kim ("Jin Kwon" on Lost). Sulu was played on the classic TV series by George Takei, who can now be seen on Heroes. We should stress, however, that Kim's possible casting is at a far earlier stage than that of the aforementioned three.

Lost, of course, was created and is executive produced by J.J. Abrams, who has just signed on to direct and produce Star Trek XI.

Sources also advised IGN that Scottish thesp James McAvoy may indeed be in the mix to play chief engineer Montgomery "Scotty" Scott in the film.

Neither Damon's reps at Endeavor nor Brody and Sinise's respective reps at CAA had responded to our inquiries for comment at time of publish.

Well it's not too bad. I can see them in the roles and I actually think it's fairly decent casting.

Not too sure about Daniel Dae Kim for Sulu though. Sounds like fanboy speculation especially as Sulu wouldn't even be in the film if it's about a young Kirk and Spock. He doesn't get assigned to the Enterprise till after Kirk is Captain so I have no idea how they'd have him in the film. Also....Dae Kim is too old and dare I say it Korean...not Japanese.

Also if McAvroy DOES get cast as Scotty then he'll need to bulk up and well...look older. Scotty is older than the likes of Kirk in the series.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 67
RE: Star Trek XI - 27/2/2007 10:53:13 AM   
Castor Troy

I think the best thing about these casting rumours, as it said in that report, is that they tell people that the film means business. I think people will sit up and take notice with some of these names attached. I can never really decide if I like Damon, but I think I do (Bourne and Oceans' being my favourite of his roles). And I think Brody is a great choice too. Could do without Sinise though.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 68
RE: Star Trek XI - 27/2/2007 2:04:21 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Castor Troy

I think the best thing about these casting rumours, as it said in that report, is that they tell people that the film means business. I think people will sit up and take notice with some of these names attached. I can never really decide if I like Damon, but I think I do (Bourne and Oceans' being my favourite of his roles). And I think Brody is a great choice too. Could do without Sinise though.

See im sort of the opposite here - Sinise for me is brilliant casting for Bones. He's exactly the type of actor you need for a Star Trek movie. Damon, well he's setting himself up for a fall I think - Shatner is Kirk, and while his acting is taken the piss out of, in the context of the show it works. Damon trying to copy that might come off as very very silly. Bordy - this is the one that is most worrying, while he looks like a Vulcan I really can't see him taking any of this all that seriously. I watched the King Kong extras and I got the feeling his heart really wasn't in the role, it was a pay check and the chance to be in a blockbuster.

I hope Abrams rememebers to bring the fun as well as the high profile cast to this film, and the actors are able to create the kind of chemestry that made movies 2 - 6 so enjoyable. Also - to hell with the 1960's retro look, lets have the red uniforms from the movies back - they were brilliant.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 69
RE: Star Trek XI - 27/2/2007 8:47:21 PM   
impqueen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Castor Troy

See im sort of the opposite here - Sinise for me is brilliant casting for Bones. He's exactly the type of actor you need for a Star Trek movie. Damon, well he's setting himself up for a fall I think - Shatner is Kirk, and while his acting is taken the piss out of, in the context of the show it works. Damon trying to copy that might come off as very very silly. Bordy - this is the one that is most worrying, while he looks like a Vulcan I really can't see him taking any of this all that seriously. I watched the King Kong extras and I got the feeling his heart really wasn't in the role, it was a pay check and the chance to be in a blockbuster.

I hope Abrams rememebers to bring the fun as well as the high profile cast to this film, and the actors are able to create the kind of chemestry that made movies 2 - 6 so enjoyable. Also - to hell with the 1960's retro look, lets have the red uniforms from the movies back - they were brilliant.

I agree Sinise is quite a stroke of genius for McCoy where as Damon and Brody just feel really wrong and yes whatever happens there needs to be some fun/humour in the film.

Yes, always.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 70
RE: Star Trek XI - 28/2/2007 9:02:33 AM   
Timon

"Star Trek," one of the most popular and successful franchises in the history of movies and television, returns to the big screen under the creative vision of J.J. Abrams, the force behind "Lost," "Alias" and Mission: Impossible III for Paramount Pictures.

The team behind the film will include Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci (Mission: Impossible III) who wrote the screenplay and will executive produce with Bryan Burk. J.J. Abrams and "Lost" co-creator Damon Lindelof will produce. The film will begin shooting this fall for a Christmas Day 2008 release.

One of the most popular film and television franchises of all time, "Star Trek" has encompassed 726 total episodes for television in six different series, beginning with the original 1966-1969 series created by Gene Roddenberry. The 10 "Star Trek" films have grossed in excess of $1 billion at the worldwide box office. The original characters have been named among the 50 greatest TV characters of all time and the Enterprise has lent its name to two proposed spacecrafts.

"If there's something I'm dying to see, it's the brilliance and optimism of Roddenberry's world brought back to the big screen," said Abrams. "Alex and Bob wrote an amazing script that embraces and respects Trek canon, but charts its own course. Our goal is to make a picture for everyone -- life-long fans and the uninitiated. Needless to say, I am honored and excited to be part of this next chapter of Star Trek."

Brad Grey, chairman and CEO, Paramount Pictures, said, "We could not be more thrilled to be back in business with J.J. Abrams. The revival of the 'Star Trek' franchise is an important part of Paramount's turnaround."

A Christmas '08 release? Well Happy Christmas to me!

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 71
RE: Star Trek XI - 2/3/2007 11:41:54 AM   
Timon

Good news everyone! It may not be an 'Acadmey' film.

It has been widely reported that the next Star Trek film would be a Starfleet Academy story recounting how a young James T. Kirk and Mr. Spock first met as cadets. But, according to IGN's insiders, that is not quite the case.

IGN was informed that Trek XI -- to be directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci -- will be more of a "first adventure" for Kirk and Spock rather than their first meeting. It is possible that they met while at the Academy -- didn't it seem like Jim Kirk served with every young officer's father at the academy? -- but the movie will explore their first mission together.

One source claims there is a reason why the Starfleet Academy idea won't be central to the film: Harve Bennett, the producer of Star Trek II-V. IGN was advised that, since the Academy idea was Bennett's and has been kicked around for so long without success, Paramount and the filmmakers are going in the "first adventure" direction.

No sooner had we been told this than TrekWeb.com pointed out a new interview with Bennett in the latest issue of Star Trek Magazine. "It's a complicated issue for me…" Bennett told the magazine. "Right now, no one knows for sure what the next film is going to be. I thought it was interesting that the day after the story came out about them doing a Starfleet Academy movie, J.J. Abrams came out and said, 'That's not necessarily true.' I am assuming that the current regime at Paramount didn't realize that the studio had already bought that premise and someone went, 'Hold on a minute!'"

Bennett added, "It's possible they might do 'young Kirk and Spock' and, depending on what they do with it, it might be something I might not contest. But if they ever decide to do a Starfleet Academy film, my feeling is that they better call us because that was our baby."

Sources advised us that the plot will focus more on Kirk and Spock than the other characters, with Dr. McCoy being more of a supporting role. IGN recently reported that Paramount had three actors in mind for the roles of Kirk, Spock and McCoy, respectively: Matt Damon, Adrien Brody and Gary Sinise.

We must stress again that these are the actors that the studio wants; it does not mean that they will indeed be cast, although we hear that Damon is closer to becoming a reality than any other rumored contender. Repeated inquiries for confirmation or denial to Damon's reps at Endeavor and to Brody and Sinise's at CAA have gone unanswered.

Sinise is only available to work on other projects during his hiatus from CSI: NY, which we were told is scheduled for April to August 2007. If he is indeed cast, Sinise could conceivably film his scenes in August before segueing to CSI -- especially if McCoy is not a large role. If not, then Sinise might be unavailable to do Trek. However, some actors -- such as George Clooney juggling ER and Batman and Robin or Steve Carrell with The Office and his films -- have been able to do both TV and film projects simultaneously.

Damon is also awaiting a script rewrite before committing to starring in The Fighter, which could lens in Massachusetts this summer. Brody, meanwhile, has been rumored for the lead role in The Incredible Hulk, which begins filming this summer in Toronto.

We were also advised that actor James McAvoy is basically somebody Paramount has in mind to play Scotty; that's all. It may not even go beyond that.

The studio's recent press release announcing Abrams' hiring as director only gave a vague fall '07 start date for Trek. In movie production terms that could mean anytime from August to November.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 72
RE: Star Trek XI - 2/3/2007 11:54:59 AM   
Wedge

Good news that it probably won't be an 'academy' film.  I always found that premise to be rather gimicky.  A bit too Muppet Babys, if you know what I mean.

"Right now, no one knows for sure what the next film is going to be."

That quote doesn't really fill me with confidence.  Going into a new movie almost blind!  Making another Star Trek film just for the sake of it?

"When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!"
"Dance for me Colin! Daaance for me!!"
"Everybody's dead Dave"

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs314.snc4/41022_10150255199830294_790880293_14349909_1904630_n.jpg

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 73
RE: Star Trek XI - 2/3/2007 1:59:31 PM   
HIM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wedge

That quote doesn't really fill me with confidence.  Going into a new movie almost blind!  Making another Star Trek film just for the sake of it?

That could just mean that Harve Bennett doesn't know what the next film is going to be. I'm pretty sure Abrams will know exactly what the next film is going to be.

(in reply to Wedge)
Post #: 74
RE: Star Trek XI - 2/3/2007 2:05:49 PM   
Wedge

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wedge

That could just mean that Harve Bennett doesn't know what the next film is going to be. I'm pretty sure Abrams will know exactly what the next film is going to be.

Here's hoping.....

"When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!"
"Dance for me Colin! Daaance for me!!"
"Everybody's dead Dave"

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs314.snc4/41022_10150255199830294_790880293_14349909_1904630_n.jpg

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 75
RE: Star Trek XI - 2/3/2007 3:06:54 PM   
M.

I must say that I am a little bit disappointed for revisiting the Kirk-Spock timeline. They never used Deep Space Nine for a feature, which is a shame, because it would be the most appealing for non-trekkies as well. (Voyager got home at the end of the series so that would not be an option.)
Or even better : why not go further into the future,set a long way after Voyager ? The Enterprise series failed, which was set just before the Kirk-timeline. I really don't get it... I don't want to see Kirk or Spock again, they had their time.
This said, i would love to see Star Trek back too its glory and popularity, so any way to get there is ok for me. Now I'm not very consistent, am I ;-)

(in reply to Wedge)
Post #: 76
RE: Star Trek XI - 2/3/2007 6:11:58 PM   
alundpughe

Oh God I just want to add my vote for the Bale as Spock casting.  Brody would be fine but Bale would be perfection :p

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams...

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/alundpughe

(in reply to M.)
Post #: 77
RE: Star Trek XI - 9/3/2007 3:58:42 PM   
Timon

Following the latest trend in Hollywood, the new Trek film won't be a 'prequel' but a 'reboot'.

While talking to the film's scripters, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, MTV.com dug up a few tidbits of precious dilithium crystal info, though they hit several roadblocks as well from the writers in their quest to confirm the many rumors swirling around the project.

"Orci and Kurtzman … confirmed that the film is not in any way a prequel but a reimagining of the franchise," says MTV.com, which also adds that the plan is to simply call the film Star Trek -- with no subtitles, Roman numerals, or colons anywhere in the name.

"We're not going to start totally from scratch," Orci tells the site regarding the look of the film. "We want it to feel like it's updated and of the now. That's actually the discussions we're having now: how to keep the look of the universe yet have it not look like nothing's new. It's tricky."

The pair would not confirm casting rumors during their chat, including the talk that Matt Damon, Adrien Brody, and Gary Sinise are in the running to play Kirk, Spock, and McCoy (a rumor first reported by IGN). In fact, Orci tells MTV (apparently jokingly), "We never said Bones was in it." Kurtzman would only add, "I'm the hugest Matt Damon fan ever. If he became [Kirk], great."

(In fact, IGN recently reported that Dr. McCoy's role would be a small one and that the story is more focused on Kirk and Spock.)

Kurtzman and Orci also said that the film will be more action-packed than any of the Treks that have preceded it, and that it'll be the "biggest one" in terms of budget.

"The economic models of the other [films] were very much based on the fans out there and their purchasing power," says Orci. "With this one we're going for the broad audience to bring people into Trek for the first time."

The writers are less forthcoming in the interview about whether or not William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy will have cameos, though they do acknowledge that a starship will be an integral part of the film: "I don't know how you make Star Trek without a starship," Orci says. "You have to trek through the stars, so you need a ship for that." The pair does admit, however, that they have, along with the film's director J.J. Abrams, met with Shatner and Nimoy.

Paramount offered the team full access and support when approaching the franchise. That, combined with their script -- which the writers say adheres to Trek creator Gene Roddenberry's original vision for the franchise - meant this was a project they couldn't pass up.

"Trek, more than anything, has always been about the human interactions," Orci says. "It's all about the human soul."

Erm...ok

Now it's one thing to do pre-TOS but for it to make any sense, they have to make sure it adheres to Trek canon. I'm sure it will but the word 'reimagining' in an established 40 year franchise worrys me.

(in reply to alundpughe)
Post #: 78
RE: Star Trek XI - 11/3/2007 12:37:17 AM   
darth silas

lets face it,star trekxi is a reboot,just like batman begins and casino royale.they just dont want to come out and say it for upsettig the die hard trekkies too much and let them get used to the idea.personally,im all for it.its well about time that they wiped the slate clean and started again.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 79
RE: Star Trek XI - 15/3/2007 3:16:25 PM   
nailpolish

I'd love to see Tobias Menzies play Spock. He has such a Vulcan looking face and was brilliant in season 2 of Rome.

Some clips
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHGanZT7dGA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcnPpo0tV6M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdz-YfN2zxY

< Message edited by nailpolish -- 15/3/2007 3:17:00 PM >

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 80
RE: Star Trek XI - 1/5/2007 2:04:59 PM   
Timon

For jackcarter.

(in reply to nailpolish)
Post #: 81
RE: Star Trek XI - 1/5/2007 2:20:00 PM   
jackcarter

What about if they went with Pike as Captain in the film (and any sequels)...we could have a CGI early 60s Shatner appearing in a cameo as Lt Kirk...(using footage of Shats from pre star trek tv shows etc) interacting with whoever plays Pike (Damon or whoever)

It could chart Pike first taking command of the enterprise etc...

Then in the final minutes of the final film (say the 3rd) have Pike hand over the NCC 1701 to a CGI 'Where No Man Has Gone before' Shatner/Kirk at the end and have him watch as Kirk takes it out of the "Mushroom" Space dock..

As for Spock I know he featured heavily in The Cage but you could just do the same with him - keep him in the background and when he pops up its a cgi 1960s Leonard Nimoy...

All they'd have to do is just recast Pike, the Dr from The Cage, No 1 etc

It'd solve the problem of recasting Kirk and Spock..

Think what they did with the DS9 Tribbles ep

It wouldnt really be "Kirk Begins" as Kirk would just cameo in a fan pleasing cameo...

However i think Abrams is going more for the Kirk Begins approach so its more than likely Kirk will have 2b recast...

< Message edited by jackcarter -- 1/5/2007 2:26:58 PM >

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 82
RE: Star Trek XI - 1/5/2007 2:24:57 PM   
Timon

Think about CGI Kirk and Spock is it could either work really well (Forrest Gump) or just look odd. I think that's why they're recasting the characters.

I have heard though from trekmovie.com that it will feature Kirk on The Farragut so it'll probably start with the two friends meeting at the Acadmey, going off to different assignments and being reunited when Kirk takes command of the Enterprise.

I know it's a reboot but I really hope Abrams and co stick to Trek canon as otherwise it'll really make no sense. That's what the problem with Enterprise was. It introduced races and events that had never cropped up in later series. The Xindi? The Temporal Cold War?! What the hell?

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 83
RE: Star Trek XI - 1/5/2007 2:38:59 PM   
jackcarter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Think about CGI Kirk and Spock is it could either work really well (Forrest Gump) or just look odd. I think that's why they're recasting the characters.

I have heard though from trekmovie.com that it will feature Kirk on The Farragut so it'll probably start with the two friends meeting at the Acadmey, going off to different assignments and being reunited when Kirk takes command of the Enterprise.

I know it's a reboot but I really hope Abrams and co stick to Trek canon as otherwise it'll really make no sense. That's what the problem with Enterprise was. It introduced races and events that had never cropped up in later series. The Xindi? The Temporal Cold War?! What the hell?

yeah that Cgi kirk thing is really just fantasy land..

I read that Abrams has said he will respect the canon...i think it'll only be a 'reboot' in so far as the SFX, costumes, technology etc wont match TOS 1960s style and other actors will play the roles...aside from that it'll be a prequel.  

And Abrams did design the teaser poster which is a good sign:
http://www.cooltools4men.com/uploaded_images/StarTrek-795585.jpg

< Message edited by jackcarter -- 1/5/2007 2:41:09 PM >

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 84
RE: Star Trek XI - 1/5/2007 2:44:34 PM   
Timon

I reckon they should keep the costumes and look of the vechicles and technology....just update it a bit. No more flared trousers.

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 85
RE: Star Trek XI - 1/5/2007 2:49:08 PM   
jackcarter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

I reckon they should keep the costumes and look of the vechicles and technology....just update it a bit. No more flared trousers.

i think thats what they will do - keep the general designs but just update abit.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 86
RE: Star Trek XI - 2/5/2007 12:02:24 PM   
jackcarter

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/longspanner/images/uss_reliant.jpg 

< Message edited by jackcarter -- 2/5/2007 12:03:02 PM >

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 87
RE: Star Trek XI - 3/5/2007 9:03:45 AM   
Beno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBXal1GAA4A&search=star+trek+cribs

YO! check this homeboys n gals .

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 88
RE: Star Trek XI - 10/5/2007 11:04:03 PM   
Timon

Some guy has done some AWESOME designs for the new Enterprise that preserves the look and feel of the original design whilst still looking up to date and cool.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/GCKoerner/newentsaucer/ent_05_04_001.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/GCKoerner/newentsaucer/ent_05_07_007.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/GCKoerner/newentsaucer/ent_05_07_006.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/GCKoerner/newentsaucer/ent_05_07_005.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/GCKoerner/newentsaucer/ent_05_07_004.jpg

I think you'll agree they look amazing.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 89
RE: Star Trek XI - 10/5/2007 11:07:47 PM   
Castor Troy

They're awesome pics. As you say - keeping the original design but with changes to the surface makingit more like the vessels we know.

Are they unofficial?

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Trek XI Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI