Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Star Trek XI

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Star Trek XI Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Star Trek XI - 4/5/2006 3:44:42 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: Star Trek XI - 4/5/2006 3:48:27 PM   
doctorolorinbats1975

JJ Abrams, creative TV producer, positive word on him with MI3. This guys seems very much like a geek: let's hope he does good with whatever plot he is given. Certainly setting it a few thousands years after TNG would be cool.

CG, stop motion, acting, animation, animatronics, whatever, it's 24 lies a second...

Critiquing words for dummies: Pretentious, overrated, sentimental, indulgent, populist.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: Star Trek XI - 4/5/2006 5:20:18 PM   
Timon

Well this just makes my FUTURE STAR FILMS thread obselete.

D'oh.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to doctorolorinbats1975)
Post #: 3
RE: Star Trek XI - 5/5/2006 9:20:10 PM   
Q.T

I'm glad that the franchise has been given someone fresh, shoving in Manny Coto at the last minute was too little too late, and the Rick Berman-dominated films of recent times were so dry.  Looking forward to it being in the hands of someone that knows his stuff.

If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 4
Spock and Kirk at the Academy? - 10/5/2006 11:23:04 PM   
ronsch

As a TOS fan, and not trying to nitpick, there is an issue of timeline-liness (sorry, my own word). In TOS, Spock served in Starfleet under the another captain of the Enterprise, Capt. Pike (as shown in the pilot "The Cage" and the only 2-part in TOS, "The Menagerie." In these epsiodes, it appears that Spock (being a long-lived Vulcan) had been serving in Starfleet for a number of years (at least 18 according to the character of Spock's mother in TOS's "Journey to Babel"). Therefore, it would seem highly illogical (unless Spock was teaching at the Academy or in a remedial course), that Kirk and Spock "attended" together, again unless Spock was a late bloomer and began his Starfleet career late in life. Just IMHO something to consider...

Post #: 5
the romulan wars - 16/5/2006 9:23:21 AM   
mars_011

The right elements are around the franchise, but not together. You got JJ Abrams who is basically fresh air to the franchise, and you also got Erik Jendersen who wrote a script for a proposed romulan war plot. You also have a tv cast (enterprise) who, had it rough the first couple of seasons, but really pulled together and made enterprise, in my opinion, a true and the best star trek series. Now if you use Erik Jendersen to write a script about the romulan wars, using Archer and his crew, making the storyline big, like trilogy big, then you have an excellent story, where you see not only the formation of the federation to fight romulans for a very noble cause (freedom), but you see (over three movies), the transformation of a group of people from the pioneer/first to do everything image to the image of the hero, you know? A group of modern star trek heroes, cause I personally think that the cast of enterprise has some realy potential that could restore the franchise to its former glory. Now, given a big storyline like this, where the federation forms and Archer and crew make thier transformation into the heroes, Abrams could really spread his wings out on this one, and give that new tone and style that star trek is looking for. Seriously people, if this is done right, the whole romulan wars thing, it could even blow both star wars trilogies right outta the water. I really think this could work

Post #: 6
the romulan wars - 16/5/2006 9:23:52 AM   
mars_011

The right elements are around the franchise, but not together. You got JJ Abrams who is basically fresh air to the franchise, and you also got Erik Jendersen who wrote a script for a proposed romulan war plot. You also have a tv cast (enterprise) who, had it rough the first couple of seasons, but really pulled together and made enterprise, in my opinion, a true and the best star trek series. Now if you use Erik Jendersen to write a script about the romulan wars, using Archer and his crew, making the storyline big, like trilogy big, then you have an excellent story, where you see not only the formation of the federation to fight romulans for a very noble cause (freedom), but you see (over three movies), the transformation of a group of people from the pioneer/first to do everything image to the image of the hero, you know? A group of modern star trek heroes, cause I personally think that the cast of enterprise has some realy potential that could restore the franchise to its former glory. Now, given a big storyline like this, where the federation forms and Archer and crew make thier transformation into the heroes, Abrams could really spread his wings out on this one, and give that new tone and style that star trek is looking for. Seriously people, if this is done right, the whole romulan wars thing, it could even blow both star wars trilogies right outta the water. I really think this could work

Post #: 7
the romulan wars - 16/5/2006 9:24:18 AM   
mars_011

Post #: 8
- 17/5/2006 1:11:00 PM   
Moon_Man

Star Trek is best when it reflects modern day ie the romulan & Klingon empires vs the federation worked cos of the cold war, now star trek needs to reflect modern tmes. Why not revolve around terrorist activities or a member worl of the federation invades another planet and the political and fall out of the war. There needs to be a moral idea that is universal. Ethnic tensions in the federation etc. Since DS9 has effectively removed all major empires threats during th dominion war the movie should relfect something inside the federation and how they all live and work together. What about expelling memebr worlds, blocakades etc etc and teh enterprise crew in the centre of it all!

Post #: 9
Re: Star Trek XI - 20/5/2006 4:31:36 AM   
Law5

I think the plot from the Voyager novel about the Voyager crew that came back to earth and had to deal with a Borg effort to take the earth would be a great plot. You had a combination of TNG & Voyager crews plus some new characters. Earth reacts to 7 of 9 with prejudice. Voyager was by far the most popular franchise since TNG and still fresh in most minds. I think the next film MUST do well for the Star Trek franchise to turn around. It's still viable and can be mined for yet another series. The Enterprise idea was a good one, but oddly executed. It lacked the "seek out new worlds" feel that the original had. That must be the crux of any new effort, I think. Exploration and discovery versus always shooting first and pontificating later.

Post #: 10
- 24/5/2006 6:01:27 AM   
toejoe53

It's time to bring Sisko and the rest of DS9 back. Combine them with Voyager and maybe throw in some of TNG. Mars-11 has a good idea on trying to reflect modern times with what is happening in the world today. But, we get tired of being reminded about how bad it really is. Let's get the story going. DS9 was a bit dark at times and Voyager tried to get a little to goody goody like TNG but all around they were all great. Get down the road with the storyline. But get Sisko back. It's time for his return.

Post #: 11
- 12/6/2006 9:43:58 AM   
Brainsucker

Why just not make a new story, like Mission Imposible ? because we need refresh star trek, not just see absolut stories more and more like we have seen so far. It is not necessary reboot the canon, Because the canon is the heart of Star Trek fanchise. But we can make new story, new character, with fresh plot ( Tom Cruise Mission Imposible is different than the TV series, but it succeed ). It is not necessary a story about captain, his crews, and his starship. But it can be a story about a hero, like Ethan Hunt who override Jim Pheleps.

While 2008 is a long time to go, and JJ Abrams is a first rate Director, it is a waste if he just make a new story about DS9, Voyager, TNG, TOS, or even Enterprise. I think it is better make startrek a great movie. Maybe OSCAR class movie with great Actors, not just TV series class actors like we have today, so the franchise of Startrek can be revived.

Post #: 12
i hope someone is listening - 13/6/2006 5:40:19 AM   
transcend

this is an exciting legitimate story that will bring star trek back and ad a hope and excitement to the future of the frachise. This is my personal idea and if someone is listening i'd be more then happy to give the details of the story and heck even help write the movie. the movie will begin in ancient earth history during the end of the dinosaur erra giving a brief history and climatic beginning of the sentient saurian dinosauroids which originally evolved on earth beautiful cities and agriculture mixed with technology a bold yet wise sentient saurian race is just experimenting in warp drive capabilities when cut to a scout vessle being obliterated on the edge of the solar system by some major force what is it yes a borg ship just one the borg ship destroys the saurian ship in dynamic fashion because technology is of minimal interest before they knew what happened and can send a transmission to earth oblivious to this the saurians are unaware this ship is on the way and are seimotaneously on the verge of testing there warp vessel between 1 and 5 ships which will set off to explore becuase of the technology the borg are not interested in these creatures they are mearly scouting fo r advanced civilizations when the saurians test there first ship the borg detect this warp signature and immedietly become interested they infiltrate and confront this ship and realize it's the same creatures so the attempt to assimilate the ship but this time the ship sends a transmission to the othership before it ends up being destroyed in and around a mars that's in between being habitable and losing it's atmosphere would be a beatiful sight then the borg ship continues on the other ships hide behind the far side of the moon to ambush the borg vessel all the while not knowing or experiencing much battles the saurians ram the borg ship and the borg ship obliterates the cities realizing the technology was only advanced in the ship the saurians in are all wiped out but the 3 s

Post #: 13
i hope someone is listening 2 - 13/6/2006 5:43:45 AM   
transcend

ships that are hiding behind the moon which are attempting to get there new prototype engines online all the saurians on earth are killed and there cities destroyed but the last saurian on earth launches a primitive torpedo which destroys damaged borg ship which was rammed by the saurian vessel by mars but not before the borg launch a planet destoying weapon which blocks out the sun and makes earth now uninhabitable realizing all is lost the saurians leave to find a new home. whew take a breath cut to a future where it's after janeway has returned and is debreafed by admiral picard and the federation coucil. geordi is lost without his friend data but continues to make improvements in b4. cut to borg space and the queen her face smirking showing a holographic image of earth and the designs for a final attempt to take earth a super weapon the borg have recently defeated the aliens from fluidic space after a long battle now they are bound to take the one world which has eluded them for thousands of years. cut too the the saurian new homeworld and the queen. her bold reptillian face contemplating what janeway told them but realizing they too would like to reclaim there homeworld and send a fleet of saurian new and improved transwarp ships megaships very powerful but no match for the new borg weapons from assimilating fluidic techology now the borg are both superior technologically and organically and are seemiingly no match. the borg leave for earth shortly after the saurians this will be a grand reunion of three great species. b4 and geordi are right on the outskirts of terran solar system part of a small research fleet testing a new ship a neural operated ship which utilizes neural brainwaives to power the ship.
when they recieve word that a fleet of suarian ships say 18 are not here for diplomacy but to retake what's rightfully theres and are cutting through federation defenses like nothing meanwhile b4 is making progress and geordi takes the geordi

Post #: 14
i hope someone is listening 3 - 13/6/2006 5:45:44 AM   
transcend

is making progress and geordi takes the geordi and data are retreating back to earth and escape a huge battle going on at mars a newly populated mars witha new atmosphere an epic battle between long lost brothers humans and saurians for what rightfully belongs to both as the battle wages on at mars teh saurian and federation ships pick up a signal from deep space yup borg are taking outer stations and ships so we have two huge battels going on while the saurians don't recognize the borg ships energy signals becuase all the years ago they were just saving there species no time to study this invading force the suarians dispatch a ship from the main battle near mars to check it out arriving at the battle the saurians help the borg destroy the federation ships but all these years the saurians kept records of these invaders that destroyed there home world or they though giving humans a chance to evolve and become the federation and the borg recognize the saurian ships and theres a moment where the suarian commander recognizes a record an energy signature which sets off an alarm in the computer realzing they found the invaders that took there world from them to begin with they buillt there technology and there numbers from 5000 to billions in all these thousands of years with the though of vengance being on there mind all the time passed down to saurian children cut to a vision of this story being told on the new home world of the saurians briefly in one of there schools for this they are isolated and trust no aliens and will conquer if they feel threatend but are a wise and spiritual species then cut back too the borg ship in consistant fashion saying we are the borg surrender your ship and technologies we will assimilate and ad your likeness to our own not afraid and not knowing what there dealing with the saurians attack the borg ship and are locked in a tractor beam they send a message to the other saurian ships in battle with the federation b4 and and geordi ar

Post #: 15
i hope someone is listening 4 - 13/6/2006 5:50:50 AM   
transcend

attack the borg ship and are locked in a tractor beam they send a message to the other saurian ships in battle with the federation b4 and and geordi are in the nearal ship when it gets attacked geordi can't maneuver the technology is too new somethin throws b4 into a conduit or electric field and boom he is data and says geordi it is good to see and they hug briefly then with data's sarcastic and usual courage he takes the neural helmet and sits at the controls something happened to him though he is different he is more human then ever and is determaned more then ever to protect himself his new found humanity and the federation and the ship is glowing it is a small ship but it's capabilities are vast with the right human or in this case sentient android at the controls janeway and picard arrive at the scene janeway contacts the saurian flagship and tells them we must fight together to destroy this enemy but they do not believe it until all there ships start recieveing the message from the saurian ship which engages it's new transwarp engine and overloads and destroys themselves when the saurians realize this they become more diplomatic and form a temporarry alliance with the remaining federation ships as at this new borg menace finally arrives at the battle near mars 3 ships each the size of a small moon arrive they are mammouth omnious and beatiful at the same time the lead borg ship is confronted by 5 of the remaiing 9 suarian ships and they are all destryed almost immedietely and give there borg speech to the remaing federation and saurian ships 2 of neaural ships are being attacked and assimilated but have self destruct with one though by there operators data has cloaked the last one with his mind the reamiing ships are attacked by the borg ships the battle rages more federation ships arrive including warfs rikers and sisko's for the moment they are holding them off but the borg activate there fluidic wepon which render all of there ships helpless accep

Post #: 16
i hope someone is listening 5 - 13/6/2006 5:52:29 AM   
transcend

accept one the ship with data and geordi geordi looks at data and for amoment is awestruck becuse he see yesssss wesley crusher who has fused with data and is in control of the ship wesley has a special gift for understanding all technology and has ascended to a higher plane all the remaining ships which are immoble and dark see wesleys face saying i didn't forget any of you and i've thought about all of you often we will meet again in another existance when you are all ready. the borg shps see his face the queen sees wesley and he gives the borg some of there own medicine borg vessels you have abandoned your humanity for perfection and seek to find it in technology but you have lost your souls your way you were once a great exploring species like the ones you assimilate now you wil return to where you came or you will become what you fear the most . wesley implants the memories of all the borgs with feelings of when they used to be unique indviduals and now is your chance to go back to what you used to be the queen is confused but orders an attack of the ship when whe does wesley and data become translucent and bright you see wesley's face superimposed on data and all the borg ships are incinerated in a final huge explosion one the screens will remember wesley ascends out of data and leaves one last message to the saurians and the federation ships i must go and i can not interfear any longer with your evolution you are brothers from the same origins though you do not look alike you will find much similarities and together will grow and you will need eachother in the future more then you know. he imprints the knowledge into the saurians and humans and gives data a gift to evolve and be more human data is back the new saurian federation alliance is in its infancy but much defferences need to be resolved and it ends with a treaty being signed and a handshake over a big table the saurians leave behind many of there kind to continue diplomatic relations

Post #: 17
i hope someone is listening 6 - 13/6/2006 5:53:43 AM   
transcend

. cut too the borg home world where the are all returned back to there humanoid states left with the remnance of technologies allmost pre industrial for a moment they are looking at there sun with new light and dreams when i woman picks up a nano an cybernetic remnance of a hand and like a glove puts it on little nanites because they are partly organic were not destroyed and assimiliiate here and it ends with borg ships being recreated and built. and a single borg woman which beomes the queens face and it ends with her face. i think if this film is made it will be the best

Post #: 18
i hope someone is listening 7 - 13/6/2006 5:54:33 AM   
transcend

i think if this film is made it will be the best of all of them accept maybe the first any ideas email me masculinequincyman5@yahoo.com

Post #: 19
RE: i hope someone is listening 7 - 21/6/2006 4:37:40 AM   
carlton999

they need to forget about doing prequels and continue on from nemesis. they need to look at enterprise and realize that prequels do not work. the fans don't care and neither dose anybody else. i hope they continue with Riker and the Titan or start with a new cast. i would hate to see kirk and Spock in their younger days. its an insult to the actors and the fans alike.

(in reply to transcend)
Post #: 20
RE: i hope someone is listening 7 - 21/6/2006 12:13:56 PM   
doa1984

I agree they need to push forward.
i think some kind of movie with Q in it would be great hell a Q movie would be great.
In fact lets just have a film of Q ripping into the enterprise crew

(in reply to carlton999)
Post #: 21
DS9 - 25/6/2006 6:02:39 AM   
carlton999

they should do a movie on DS9 and the return of Sisko. the last four years of this show rocked. get the writers minus berman back together to write a script for a new DS9. but they need to keep berman out of the loop because he almost wrecked the show with his imput. the day he handed over the rings to run Voyager was the best day in the life of DS9.

Post #: 22
Dont revisit the past, again!!! Enterprise didnt work, ... - 17/7/2006 11:17:13 PM   
tombo1984

Do a movie combining elements of Star Trek Voyager and Deep Space 9!!!! E.g. using both crews and Ds9 and the Voyager!!!

Post #: 23
Enterprise didn't work? - 9/8/2006 1:49:23 PM   
Harrison Fisher

What do you mean Enterprise didn't work? The storyline against the Xindi was just as good as any Borg Story. Archer and his crew are alot more believable than Picard, and The Sisco. They actually lose members of their crew and seem genuinely upset. Their technology isn't superior to everyone elses. The plot could follow the creation of the Federation, and the origins of the Klingon Conflict (maybe have both sides being manipulated by sinister forces that don't want Federation to work).

Post #: 24
And JJ directing Enterprise Film would be awesome! - 9/8/2006 1:54:49 PM   
Harrison Fisher

Star Trek would be grittier and edgier if JJ is allowed to do what he wants. Look what he did to the M;i franchise. And Enterprise would be perfect for this type of film cos they have to rely on themselves, and not amazing technologies, to get the mission completed.

Post #: 25
star trek armageddon - 10/8/2006 11:20:18 PM   
jbx

would like to see an updated voyager as in the series finale with its upgrades,maybe its time the federation took on all the nasties out there in a big action packed kick ass movie.

Post #: 26
star trek armageddon - 10/8/2006 11:30:00 PM   
jbx

would like to see an updated voyager as in the series finale with its upgrades,maybe its time the federation took on all the nasties out there in a big action packed kick ass movie.

Post #: 27
300.... and one! - 18/8/2006 10:28:08 AM   
davidahughes44

Why do i feel like I'm joining the minority of trek fans in defending the franchise against the hordes of fans who want to see Trek binned? Enterprise ruled! and was exactly where the franchise needed to go. I agree the thought of a prequal scared the shit out of me, but the writers of Enterprise ALWAYS managed to leave established Trek history in tact, an i'm sure If a big hitter like Abrahms is as a bigger fan as he claims, A prequal can work, I'd just like to see a new crew rather than Kirk and Co. The franchise is just in a transitional period where "old school" Trek fans (who unfortunately are in the majority) are clashing with "new School" fans who like to see complex, carefully thought out, intelligent plots, rather than the old school "what anomaly is going to try and destroy the ship this week" bullshit that, lets all be frank, is the reason Trek got so stagnant in the first place. Email me at davidahughes44@ntlworld.com if you have any thoughts.

Post #: 28
Star Trek XI - 4/12/2006 1:13:29 AM   
RRedshiftedd

I feel that having a movie about starfleet command would be rather trite and uninteresting. I also believe that making the movie like the current new incarnation of Battlestar Galactica would also be a mistake. That and the new Battlestar Galactica is nothing like the old mini-series. If you have to change old characters as well as vernacular enacted by characters just to appeal to a 18-35 year old target audience, then you no longer have the original concept in mind. Such an opinion would lend itself to what might become of star trek if a pre-quel movie is made.

In order to have such a movie, especially one involving Kirk and Spock, the screenplay writers will have to take into account how the rest of the Star Trek timeline will be changed. Enterprise did this carefully in my opinion. However, they also took their cues from Star Trek: First Contact. That is they generalized many things they did. For a prequel movie to work, it also must at least in my humble opinion be generalized. To go off of specifics laid before in previous shows or movies would really be difficult.

The best idea would be to keep something involved with Star Trek, something that maintains at least the original motifs set forth via TNG and to some extent TOS. Keep the story rolling towards the future, not the past. It's very uninteresting when you have to constantly have to look back to things. The time travel theme is a bit worn out, i.e. Mirror Universe in TOS, Star Trek IV, Star Trek: Generations, Star Trek: First Contact, just to name a few. They should pick up with Capt. Riker and write a story that includes the Enterprise E where they some how solve a conflict which reveal a much larger conflict. Also there should at least be some sort of unsolvable, but inevtiable problem that either Capt. Riker's crew will have to deal with or that the crew of the Enterprise E's crew and such the rest of Starfleet will indoubtedly have to deal with.

The one thing I do hope is that these movie

Post #: 29
Star Trek XI - 4/12/2006 1:13:45 AM   
RRedshiftedd

I feel that having a movie about starfleet command would be rather trite and uninteresting. I also believe that making the movie like the current new incarnation of Battlestar Galactica would also be a mistake. That and the new Battlestar Galactica is nothing like the old mini-series. If you have to change old characters as well as vernacular enacted by characters just to appeal to a 18-35 year old target audience, then you no longer have the original concept in mind. Such an opinion would lend itself to what might become of star trek if a pre-quel movie is made.

In order to have such a movie, especially one involving Kirk and Spock, the screenplay writers will have to take into account how the rest of the Star Trek timeline will be changed. Enterprise did this carefully in my opinion. However, they also took their cues from Star Trek: First Contact. That is they generalized many things they did. For a prequel movie to work, it also must at least in my humble opinion be generalized. To go off of specifics laid before in previous shows or movies would really be difficult.

The best idea would be to keep something involved with Star Trek, something that maintains at least the original motifs set forth via TNG and to some extent TOS. Keep the story rolling towards the future, not the past. It's very uninteresting when you have to constantly have to look back to things. The time travel theme is a bit worn out, i.e. Mirror Universe in TOS, Star Trek IV, Star Trek: Generations, Star Trek: First Contact, just to name a few. They should pick up with Capt. Riker and write a story that includes the Enterprise E where they some how solve a conflict which reveal a much larger conflict. Also there should at least be some sort of unsolvable, but inevtiable problem that either Capt. Riker's crew will have to deal with or that the crew of the Enterprise E's crew and such the rest of Starfleet will indoubtedly have to deal with.

The one thing I do hope is that these movie

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Star Trek XI Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI