HUSTLE

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> HUSTLE Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HUSTLE - 29/4/2006 12:59:13 AM   
badrabbit

The Con is On! this show ROCKS! the Third series just ended and I thought that that was all as Adrian Lester is off Stateside for an appearance in SPIDEY 3. however it seems that Season Four will be here in 2007.  any other fans of Mickey Bricks and Co.?
Post #: 1
RE: HUSTLE - 29/4/2006 1:11:01 AM   
Stalla

LOVE IT. I'm a danny fan myself. I didn't really follow it much before but found it easy to dip in and out of....but it really raises the bar for british shows, its well slick and no effects needed! They're starting to get some decent gueststars too!. My fav episode this series was the one where mickey and danny competed to see who was the best con (which started off with them nekkid in the middle of trafalgar square!), second is the one with the newspaper tycoon guy.

I remember the first reason this caught my eye was coz of marc warren. I first saw him in ITVs Oliver mini series and thought he was a really good actor, then he was in a couple of episodes of band of brothers...and now this.

And I always knew that old american guy was familiar, and I realised about a month ago when my mum pointed out that he's the baddie in superman 2 (or 3? which is the one with the second, evil superman?)

I am Jack's raging bile duct.

(in reply to badrabbit)
Post #: 2
RE: HUSTLE - 29/4/2006 8:09:05 AM   
Samuelpoet

I love the babe in Hustle, very fit, very nice indeed!

Oh but great show though...

(in reply to Stalla)
Post #: 3
RE: HUSTLE - 29/4/2006 10:45:36 AM   
badrabbit

Stalla - that would be Robert Vaughn (Last of The Magnificent Seven), he was indeed the villain of SUPERMAN III

Samuelpoet - THAT babe! oh yeah! she is Jaime Murray, daughter of Billiy Murray a.k.a. Johnny Allen from Eastenders

(in reply to Samuelpoet)
Post #: 4
RE: HUSTLE - 29/4/2006 8:33:02 PM   
Jacob-lost-Powers

Jaime Murray is gorgeous! I love the way that 'Hustle' comes together at the end of the episode, when you don't think it can! Brilliance!

Last 3 Films Watched:
Mission:\Impossible II * * * *
Kung Fu Hustle * * * *
Ben Hur * * * *

Lost
Last Episode Watched?
Season 2 Episode 4: Everybody Hates Hugo * * *

(in reply to badrabbit)
Post #: 5
RE: HUSTLE - 30/4/2006 12:53:49 AM   
badrabbit

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jacob-lost-Powers

Jaime Murray is gorgeous! I love the way that 'Hustle' comes together at the end of the episode, when you don't think it can! Brilliance!

Nuff Said Jacob!  even though it may often seem WAY too far-fetched, it IS indeed so cool the way everything falls into place at the end of each episode and that music kicks in!  I recall when the first series was about to be aired  and BBC1 was showing ads of the guys walking in a row - "The Con is On" - I thought: what is this? OCEAN's 11 BBC-style??? but you know what? HUSTLE is MUCH better!!!!   by the way, ASH played by Robert Glenister is the unsung hero - the fixer!

< Message edited by badrabbit -- 30/4/2006 12:54:42 AM >

(in reply to Jacob-lost-Powers)
Post #: 6
RE: HUSTLE - 1/5/2006 11:16:52 AM   
Steffs

Sorry you guys I got bored with it.  I started to watch it but it was the same every week and once you get into the mind set you can predict what the "clever" twist is going to be.

(in reply to badrabbit)
Post #: 7
RE: HUSTLE - 18/5/2006 11:28:35 AM   
Base

*BUMP*

Anyone know if this is going to be repeated (on a regular channel!).  Managed to miss every episode after I forgot to tape the first one and never caught up

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to Steffs)
Post #: 8
RE: HUSTLE - 4/5/2007 7:24:31 PM   
Peppermint

Look what I found in the index thread from the top of the page

"Dr Jackson's gonna die when he sees this."

"What, again?"

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 9
RE: HUSTLE - 4/5/2007 7:29:42 PM   
parsonage84

Anyone catch this last night?

Thought it was good as always very enjoyable best program on the Beeb at the moment

The Jerk store called, they're running out of you

the King forever rembered 1958 - 2009

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 10
RE: HUSTLE - 5/5/2007 8:49:54 PM   
Stalla

it was great! love danny!

I am Jack's raging bile duct.

(in reply to parsonage84)
Post #: 11
RE: HUSTLE - 8/5/2007 9:44:09 AM   
Base

Alright then, consign my season 4 thread to the depths of the forum whydontcha

Good start I thought, nice transition to a Mickey Bricks-less show.  I thought the whole season was going to be set in LA but looks like they are back in London next week.  Danny as leader should be good, but he needs to calm down and grow up a bit to really work as the crew's leader...

Think Mickey will be back??  Anyone know if he fell out with the producers or if it was fairly amicable???

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to Stalla)
Post #: 12
RE: HUSTLE - 11/5/2007 8:37:27 AM   
Base

Good one last night, I think the show is holding up pretty well without Mickey (tho I'd still like him ti return at some point).  Hope that Albert running the show by manipulating events behind Danny's back doesn't become too much of a running gag tho...

Not sure about Billy tho, smacks a little of tokenism replacing Mickey with another black character straight away.  If the actor playing Billy wasn't so wooden at the start then I'd probably have no criticism, but he did improve by the end. 

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 13
RE: HUSTLE - 11/5/2007 12:11:36 PM   
Monkeyshaver

I'm a bit disappointed with the show so far. There's a big Adrian Lester shaped hole that I don't think has been successfully filled as yet & last nights con was pretty dull.

Monkeyshaver is currently watching Doctor Who on the office TV.

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 14
RE: HUSTLE - 5/1/2010 11:03:56 AM   
Professor Moriarty

Always nice to see the Hustle team back in action. It might not be rocket-science TV, but it manages to be entertaining enough.

I wonder if the DCI from last night's epi has her own handcuffs?

(in reply to Monkeyshaver)
Post #: 15
RE: HUSTLE - 7/1/2010 8:28:56 AM   
Snake-Eyes

I missed the first episode of the new series (BBC i-player later on). I love HUSTLE. do miss Stacy and Danny though (the new kids are lacking something).

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> HUSTLE Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI