Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

William Shakespeare's Romeo And Juliet

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> William Shakespeare's Romeo And Juliet Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
William Shakespeare's Romeo And Juliet - 15/10/2005 11:45:25 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 26/2/2008 6:49:03 PM   
dgribble

Studied it in english, and found it too, too too weird for my taste, and I could have sworn at the start that Baz Lurman was having a go at the Spagetti Westerns, not cool. But Leo DiCaprio was perfectly cast as Romeo (Literatures biggest Pansy)

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 26/2/2008 6:49:04 PM   
dgribble

Studied it in english, and found it too, too too weird for my taste, and I could have sworn at the start that Baz Lurman was having a go at the Spagetti Westerns, not cool. But Leo DiCaprio was perfectly cast as Romeo (Literatures biggest Pansy)

Post #: 3
Love At First Site? - 6/7/2008 8:29:40 PM   
elah

Romeo and Juliet, a gripping, breath-taking film that will fill you with tears, it’s a action-packed, romantic-tragedy that will fasten you to your seats. Directed by Baz Luhrmann (directed Moulin Rouge), Romeo and Juliet is an outstanding modernised version of Shakespeare’s play.

Romeo Montague played the one and only Leonardo DiCaprio (who as also starred in Titanic and The Beach) and Juliet Capulet played by Claire Danes (who as also starred in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines and Stardust) are star-crossed lovers who are forbidden to see each other because of their family feud are left with one decision, will they or won’t they?

This version of the film is overwhelming with excitement but ends disastrous. The filming is crazy but for this type of film, it really works, with flashes and quickly moving scenes, the director as done a fine job of it. It captures moments of the lovers that maybe some directors wouldn’t haven’t accepted, also Luhrmann as stuck the original language of Romeo and Juliet: The Play.

This film is just an amazing, awesomely directed modern version of Romeo and Juliet, and surely will be remembered and watched by hundreds more people. But the ending will always be the same, no matter how the film is made, but there is just one way to finish this review of a outstanding film, Would you die for the one you love?

Post #: 4
Shakespeare is cool - 22/11/2008 9:29:55 PM   
HeavenChild

I love everything about this film - the modern setting, the great acting, cultural references, soundtrack, edge-of-seat tension, tragic romance. Not every director could make it work.

Post #: 5
fantastic - 20/6/2009 2:31:47 PM   
fee_kh

Was inspired by this being on tv to finally get round to putting my two cents in.
I adore Shakespeare so was predisposed to at least give a chance when this first came round in the cinemas. Fortunately it more than lived up to my expectations.
It is a sumptious riot of colours and emotions. The language is brought to life, even though they did make some creative changes.
What really sells this for me is the ending though. Maybe it has something to do with the possibilities of editing in movies, but this is the one version where every time (!) I see it I believe that maybe this time he will see that she is waking up. Of course it never is, but hats off to Luhrmann for filming and editing this so well that I will believe it.

Post #: 6
- 5/5/2010 2:05:05 PM   
elimonator

Nice !

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> William Shakespeare's Romeo And Juliet Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI