Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 23/3/2007 11:52:06 PM   
clonion

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Four stars Empire.......really? - 5/5/2009 1:26:13 PM   
brokenking

Just to be straight I'm not knocking the film's message of background. The main problem I have with the film is the main characters.

I watched this movie because I recently bought a '1001 films to see before you die' book and Cabaret was on the list. So while I'm not a fan of Liza Minelli (that picture of her in the bowler has always given me the creeps) I sat down and watched it. What I enjoyed most about the film was how you see the German people stand by while the Nazis take over, rather then stand up to them. The scene with the Hitler Youth singing is great but when the film reverts to the leads' story of love, betrayal etc. the quality of the film is dragged down. The potaganists just aren't that interesting and frankly their story is kind of predictable.

I think the makers should have brought in more scenes of the cabaret and the wider society falling for the Nazi proganada then focus on two people who just aren't able to maintain your interest.

Post #: 3
cabaret - 14/5/2013 1:46:22 PM   
teo

A director's magnum opus with great perfomances (especially from leading lady Minnelli), electrifying musical numbers AND a gravura of the events that led to the phenomenon of Nazism..If this isn't classic, then what is?

< Message edited by teo -- 14/5/2013 1:56:20 PM >

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Cabaret Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI