mark7

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> mark7 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
mark7 - 31/5/2006 5:26:44 AM   
mark7ent

I think a story involving B-4, the original android which had Data's programs (conveniently downloaded before Data's demise) is a good start for another Star Trek series. A future chief engineer (Geordi's son??) will coax B-4's synapses into firing correctly, Data's memories will be retrieved, and the story begins. It can be in narrative form in the beginning of the story, which would fill in the gaps after the timeline seemed to fall apart during Enterprise. Lead into a new storyline with Machenzie Calhoun and the Excaliber, Capt Shelby and her command, with Data/B-4 serving as science/second officer aboard one of the ships. B-4 takes Data's name as a show of respect. Data will serve as a link between the different series, with his unique perspective providing a real closure for some of the characters that we have come to know. This kind of leap has been done with Data before, in the San Francisco time travel two part episode. Trying to cast new actors for some of these former characters in the form of flashbacks is not a bad idea, but they have to be absolutely believeable (and physically resemble the originals) to pull it off. I don't have any suggestions, but I believe the framework of the idea is workable.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 91
mark7 - 31/5/2006 2:57:26 PM   
mark7ent

My friend Robo suggested that the continuation of the Star Trek universe should about Machenzie Calhoun, Capt Shelby and the crews that serve with them. Going into the past did not seem to work on Enterprise, so take it further in the timeline past Voyager, include Admiral Janeway and some supporting staff that we will recognize. Calhoun is a Captain in the style of Kirk, so that will return some of the action to the franchise. Include B-4/Data in the role I have mentioned in the last post.

Post #: 92
Wonderings about the movie - 6/6/2006 10:37:09 AM   
hptrekker2006

My theory is that it would have to be relatively near to 'Nemesis' (I haven't seen it--from what I've heard, I'm lucky), just to get a relative context.

In my opinion, there are several loose ends floating around the Trek universe. For instance:
  • Remember Tasha Yar's daughter? She showed up, had a few episodes in fourth and fifth season of TNG where she played a key part, and then disappeared? Whatever happened to her? Speaking of which, what's Romulus going to do now, with Spock's underground going strong, and the Empire allied (however temporarily) with the Federation and Klingons?
  • What is Voyager's crew going to be like when they return? I once talked to a guy--he was a Vietnam vet--he was talking about how hard it was to readjust to being an ordinary guy, living a real life, instead of one where any surprise could mean death. I envision that Voyager's return would be similar. How are they going to deal with the concept of not being cut off anymore? They've got to readjust. Learn to live with life as it is now--post-Dominion War, post-Founders, and with the Admiralty able to look over their shoulders and see what they're doing now.
  • What's going to happen with Bajor, now that DS9 is back to what it was in the first couple of seasons? Sure, it was a revitalizing culture, but then it basically became a military way-station before going in to Cardassian territory.
  • I'd also kinda like to see a movie in which Sisko comes back, and is treated like the Bajoran Messiah: he has lived with the Prophets and returned. One could possibly see him getting 'killed,' too. As an assassination attempt by a hyper-fundamentalist Bajoran. Sort of the way Yitzchak Rabin was assassinated by a fundamentalist Jew.

And I'd like to see Q coming back. I think that the poster image Ron Moore and Brannon Braga were looking for in Generations (the 2 Enterprises in battle) could have worked--if you had Q's face in the background. Like, Kirk's Enterprise, on the way home, is caught by Q and brought forward to the 24th Century. Both Enterprises are taken over, a la the TNG episode 'Conundrum'--but Q is on both sides. And they finally figure it out and catch him, when both captains realize the name of the ship they're fighting. Tying Guinan in, the way they did, would also help. And finally, Q wipes memory of it from the Enterprise-A, and sends it on its merry way. (Hey, that rhymes.)

And, I had an ironic thought about it once: what if Q weren't coming back to see Picard just to annoy him? What if there was a purpose, other than the trial? I once had the theory that the Continuum was...well, God. And if that postulate is correct, would Q turn out to be...something like...Picard's, then Janeway's, guardian angel?

I mean, he didn't have to give Picard the opportunity to fix things in the series finale, did he? That's one of the weird things I came up with to explain that.

Also, in continuation of the whole Aussie actors thing: anybody watch any of the movies in that other series of movies Patrick Stewart has done? You know, with Hugh Jackman as Wolverine? Why not him? He's Australian...and a darn good actor, too...he  has gone from that, to 'Kate and Leopold' (whatever that was), to whichever musical it was he was in (I think he won a Tony for it, too.).

(in reply to mark7ent)
Post #: 93
trek 11 - 16/6/2006 5:20:59 AM   
beersnob

jj abrams should go back to the original characters. We never saw Kirks first mission as captain of the enterprise. The first meeting with spock and mccoy. He should start with kirk and the kobyashi maru and move forward to his first day as captain. With young actors the franchise would have legs. The original series ran for 3 years-it was a five year mission so there are still a lot of stories to be told. You don't have to reinvent the wheel just go back to the basics of good character driven stories with a young cast.

Post #: 94
Lol - 28/6/2006 5:19:30 AM   
Zollen

I thought all the Star Trek Franchise was great I was disapointed when they canceled Enterprise after the 4th Season anyone that says any of the franchise wasn't successful ur not a true Trekie I have um all on DVD as far as Nemesis it was a Great Film it had a storyline simular to Star Trek II but Nicely done =) I feel they should keep the storyline cont. in the 24th century we alrdy had a prequal with Enterprise. Star Trek X was left open for a XI get the Enterprise E crew back together and lets make another Great Successful Star Trek Film if they do make a Star Trek XI in the kirk era it should bebout the Enterprise E crew travelin back thru time during Kirk era =) now that would make a good movie

Post #: 95
Star Trek XI Plot Hopeful - 25/7/2006 11:42:27 PM   
pbharewood

I am hoping that Star Trek will move ahead from where the TV Series left off and there will be a joint TNG and Voyager movie. I would also hope that long time (40 years) Star Trek fans like myself will embrace this idea.

Post #: 96
Star Trek: A New Beginning - 29/7/2006 10:58:15 PM   
Daranhatu

I think now is the perfect time to reinvent the franchise for a new generation, and taking it back to Kirk and Spock's era ( even if they themselves are not involved ) is a great idea. Throughout the Trek universe every Trek crew have ventured into the time stream and minut changes have ALWAYS been made. Who knows what those small changes could have done to the time stream?
In an episode of ENTERPRISE, Borg technology was left behind from Picard's fight in FIRST CONTACT. While Archer destroyed the Borg, the technology was still left behind in the Arctic. Would Starfleet have reverse-engineered that technology and couldn't that be the start of changes to the time line? A more advanced Starfleet? Which could explain new better looking ships from the past---!

Post #: 97
Last chance - 31/7/2006 10:24:30 AM   
JWA8402

While I personally would like to see a movie after next gen, or in the alternate universe, think about something for a second. When will there be another chance to showcase the original crew? Scotty and Mccoy are dead. George Takei, Nichelle Nichols, Walter Koenig, and Majel Barrett are still around so far as I know, plus of course Kirk and Scotty, but for how long? I dont care for the Kirk/spock academy days but I certainly think whatever crew are left should be brought in, which would be made easier if they went with the mirror universe concept. I am a big fan of the books and this story would best use all the differant crews, from every series.

Post #: 98
RE: Last chance - 5/8/2006 7:20:18 AM   
Zollen

I Agree strongely that would make for a Great storyline for a Star Trek movie but I wouldn't have the whole movie about the Mirror universe start it out in our universe and have a  ship sucked into the mirror universe through a dimentional rift  =) 

(in reply to JWA8402)
Post #: 99
Enough - 8/8/2006 6:12:37 AM   
LordGear

repeating story lines is what got the franchise in trouble in the first place. Stop with the parallel universe, clones, and all the other used stories. Time to be bold, and go where no trek film has gone before.

Post #: 100
dedicated fan - 15/8/2006 1:05:21 AM   
pudlins83

firstly i think you all have some really worth while ideas..what i dont think is we should go back to the original series characters..they where good in the seventies and servered their adorning fans worldwide for many ayear since but come on star trek has come along way since then and it may be what old trekkies want but what about new trekkies ..what i mean is how will we ensure the star trek phenom continues not by showing what life long trekkies want..by showing what he new generation trekkie wants..dont misunderstand i love spock and kirk i just hink they have had their time and their have been far better captains since then to name one picard , janeway maybe not as sexist maybe not as stuck up maybe not as rude and difficult to work with but decent captains nether the less... STAR TREK ROCKS....oh one last thing i think this film is a great oppourtunity to move forward with a new series but what i think is oviously in the minority.

Post #: 101
it's not a bad idea but it would be a better sequel - 17/8/2006 11:30:51 AM   
mpayn2k4

there needs to be more focus on how the federation came together. The Kirk/Spock acadamy days would be a good sequel. Then make a triogy by showing federation life after the OS and before TNG. Then to make it a saga show what the federaion is like post dominion war through thr 29th century. as hinted in voyager. It would be really cool if the star trek franchise followed in the footsteps of the marval franchise and made their own movies and have a movie studio distribute.

Other good movie ideas would incude making movies based off of the various races in star trek.

Post #: 102
RE: It Won't Be Kirk And Spock - 28/8/2006 11:32:00 AM   
russiangal

For those of you who want this movie to be of Kirk and co's younger days, WAKE UP! The original crew has had six movies and part of Generations. It is time they be put to rest. And as for the idea of bring Kirk back to save the universe, again, it would mess the Time/Space continuum up so bad and cause so many paradoxes. He was killed in Generations. Star Trek XI should be dealing with STNG, DS9 or Voyager. Perhaps a combination of the three series, but don't go back to Kirk and Co.

And for those of you who think that it was lame to kill Data, shut it. Sprinner was getting tried of the character and wanted a break.

Post #: 103
RE: It Won't Be Kirk And Spock - 30/8/2006 11:40:09 PM   
fireboy

How could I have missed this one!?!!

DS9, I think. Or (as someone said a few pages back) the Relativity from Voyager. Time-travel episodes in Star Trek have been some of the best (All Good Things..., Trials and Tribble-ations, Year of Hell) but they have also been quite dire - usually at the end when everything goes back to normal.

It is refreshing, though, that Paramount (is it still Paramount?) have got a new brain on the case. Berman and Moore etc all ran out of ideas a long time ago. I presume those lauding the absolute awfulness that is Nemesis are in their youth and haven't seen many films. Am I right?

So, JJ Abrams gets a crack at it. Good choice, I say. The mans got a fierce imagination on him, no mistake, and I don't think anyone is really going to second guess what he'll produce. You will all be suprised, I'm sure.

Unless you happen to live with him, or something.

Spielberg's Favouite Sun

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

(in reply to russiangal)
Post #: 104
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> mark7 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI