Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

It Won't Be Kirk And Spock

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> It Won't Be Kirk And Spock Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
It Won't Be Kirk And Spock - 25/4/2006 6:48:44 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Those who mocked me cower in fear just like Abrams. - 25/4/2006 6:48:44 PM   
keyzersaulsie

NOBODY MESSES WITH WILLIAM SHATNER. ABRAMS HEEDED MY WORDS AND BACKED DOWN.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Star Trek x: The tenuos reveal - 25/4/2006 7:11:31 PM   
The Judge

Wow, I hope he brings his fantastic story telling abilities to Star Trek, maybe after his tenth film int he series he might have revealed a little about the story!!! (bloody Lost! Get to the point!)

Post #: 3
- 25/4/2006 11:11:25 PM   
DaisyQ

i hope they appear as minor characters, around main characters who are possibly new to the Star Trek Universe, or otherwise minor characters who appear in the Kirk episoides. How cool to have the heroes competeing with Kirk at school and be beaten by Kirk all the time, but go off and be heroes in their own way? Also? b JJAbrams is a little convoluted. Lost would really benefit from narrative reduction and direction.

Post #: 4
STAR TREK - 26/4/2006 12:56:38 AM   
MRBSQUINT

Hey, folks, Mark here. If J.J. Abrams isn't lying. This reboot might work. I don't see how a new film can resolve around KIRK, SPOCK and MCCOY. It simply will not work by my estimation. If you have characters that are descendants of them, then it may work. Otherwise I'll say it again, This Trek film should be about a new ship and crew, NOT SEEING KIRK, SPOCK AND MCCOY's days when they were young.

Post #: 5
RE: STAR TREK - 26/4/2006 10:56:55 AM   
HIM

In my opinion they should show a different side to the Star Trek universe. We've always been with a Starfleet crew, be it on the flagship of the Federation (Original Series, Next Gen and Enterprise), a space station (DS9) or a lost ship (Voyager). How about going the Firefly/Serenity route? Set it on a small ship under the control of a maverick captain with a disperate crew. Obviously the Federation wouldn't represent the ulterialistic Allience of Firefly/Serenity, rather a more light hearted big brother type if you will. Think the Quark/Odo relationship in DS9 and you'll get the drift.

(in reply to MRBSQUINT)
Post #: 6
I want Sixties' Design..... - 26/4/2006 12:44:46 PM   
El-Branden Brazil

Bring back the Sixties' uniforms, psychedelic planets and aliens. Man, space never seemed such an arena of exploration than it did in The Original Series. I say, lose the dull politics and diplomacy of the Next Gen. WE DEMAND ALL THAT WAS LOST AFTER THE 3rd SERIES OF TOS WAS COMPLETED!!!!

Post #: 7
The spirit of Star-Trek Has been Lost!!!! - 26/4/2006 5:17:30 PM   
Boorerville

Star trek isnt for everyone. everyone knows OF star trek but...unsuppriseingly, not everyone watches it...Enterprise was shit because it tried to appeal to to many people...and hence...it was terrible. Star trek creaters need to remember who watches star-trek....the geeks...WE ARE THE MARKET!!!! Never forget that Paramount! make something WE want to watch

Post #: 8
Roddenberry's Dream - 26/4/2006 5:18:46 PM   
Popa Pineapple

I think there was a very good reason for Star Trek’s original popularity that had nothing to do with spaceships and aliens. Gene Roddenberry's original vision for Star Trek arose while Americans were being killed in a foreign war that was fought on false pretenses. He dreamed that one day rationality would conquer greed and self interest on Earth and conflict would move out to the stars. Decades later we find ourselves in almost the identical situation with even more destructive technology. Perhaps it's time to resurrect the original dream.

Post #: 9
kirk clan - 26/4/2006 5:20:45 PM   
kitch_i

get the shat-ster to do the opening narration. "star date..... young hopefuls in the academy....blah blah". i agree with one of the messages further down, have it show a perspective of another crew who studied with kirk clan maybe one of the crews that kirk needed help from in a latter movie. although like most extra's on the show, you know they'll die at the end.

Post #: 10
RE: kirk clan - 26/4/2006 7:42:12 PM   
doctorolorinbats1975

Certainly I'd be curious to see Abrams pick up an abandoned script: they were working on a story regarding Kirk's ancestor in a trilogy against the Romulans... That's a darker and more epic Trek I'd like to see.

CG, stop motion, acting, animation, animatronics, whatever, it's 24 lies a second...

Critiquing words for dummies: Pretentious, overrated, sentimental, indulgent, populist.

(in reply to kitch_i)
Post #: 11
star trek=past serentiy=future - 26/4/2006 8:31:54 PM   
sedgbj

cant any1 see that star trek is horrendously outdated, for its time it was brilliant, but it is now been outshined by such genius as serenity and firefly. why not make serenity 2 instead?

Post #: 12
RE: star trek=past serentiy=future - 26/4/2006 9:09:04 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

I say go far far into the future - say 2000 years after Next Generation. Make the ships sentient (ripping off Iain Banks), turn it completely upside down - make the humans now a bit evil (some sort of coup by right-wing Neo Con types) and base it on a state of the art ship that is captained by one of the good guys who is constantly battling against his superior officers and Starfleet code to impose his own will on missions undertaken!

I sort of agree with making Serenity 2 - after watching the film which destroyed all the new Star Wars films I have totally got into the series. Apparently the film will eventually make about 10 million profit which may be enough to get another series underway which in my view would probably be better than making another film because we would see a lot more of the characters.

(in reply to sedgbj)
Post #: 13
RE: star trek=past serentiy=future - 26/4/2006 9:23:44 PM   
doctorolorinbats1975

That would certainly create some more dramatic conflict, because Trek's immediately ideal world became a bit stale. Saving a lost ideal would be very interesting and revelant.

CG, stop motion, acting, animation, animatronics, whatever, it's 24 lies a second...

Critiquing words for dummies: Pretentious, overrated, sentimental, indulgent, populist.

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 14
RE: star trek=past serentiy=future - 27/4/2006 10:46:06 AM   
Dragonfall 5

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

I say go far far into the future - say 2000 years after Next Generation. Make the ships sentient (ripping off Iain Banks), turn it completely upside down - make the humans now a bit evil (some sort of coup by right-wing Neo Con types) and base it on a state of the art ship that is captained by one of the good guys who is constantly battling against his superior officers and Starfleet code to impose his own will on missions undertaken!

In other words, take away everything that made Star Trek what is was, make a typical crappy sci-fi film and use the Star Trek name to promote it.

++++++ OUT OF CHEESE ERROR ++++++

Please reinstall the universe and reboot

Post #: 15
RE: It Won't Be Kirk And Spock - 27/4/2006 10:54:59 AM   
hazyjane

I've been watching the new series of 'Battlestar Galactica' recently - I'd never have thought they could have pulled it off, but the makers managed to turn a cheesy, out-dated sci-fi series into something with characters, intelligence and contemporary relevance. If Abrams goes that way - re-interpretation rather than strict adherence to the stolid original - then this could be worth watching. Although I don't know why they're bothering; I'd be happy if every other sci-fi show was cancelled to pay for another, ooo, let's say 30 series of 'Firefly'...

Post #: 16
RE: It Won't Be Kirk And Spock - 27/4/2006 1:16:05 PM   
Mason Verger

It's Star Trek Jim, but not as we know it!  

Mind like parachute - only function when open.

Be excellent to each other.

(in reply to hazyjane)
Post #: 17
RE: star trek=past serentiy=future - 27/4/2006 1:17:17 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

quote:

Sounds a bit like Babylon 5 to me. Is that you Straczynski?

Think beginning of Star Trek 2. Kirk as an instructor. I thought that had some mileage. Or am I just holding onto the past. What about Picard as instructor?

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to Dragonfall 5)
Post #: 18
RE: star trek=past serentiy=future - 27/4/2006 4:50:12 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dragonfall 5

quote:

In other words, take away everything that made Star Trek what is was, make a typical crappy sci-fi film and use the Star Trek name to promote it.

What's a typical crappy sci-fi film then?

To be honest I never really watched Babylon 5 so god knows if my ideas sound like something from that series.

(in reply to Dragonfall 5)
Post #: 19
RE: star trek=past serentiy=future - 27/4/2006 5:20:24 PM   
bupesh

JJ needs to move on with trek, it has a rich universe to choose from. forget the past, lets see how starfleet goes in the future. if there was real justice Universal would get off their arses and shell out some more money for serenity 2. i hear it is doing really well on dvd sales.

Post #: 20
Move it on, don't look back - 28/4/2006 1:37:57 AM   
exfileme

If JJ Abrams will indeed helm the next movie, he needs to finish what John Logan started and completely destroy the Federation over the next two films, completing a trilogy, properly closing a generation and ending a Star Trek era. Only then will this franchise get a proper reboot. Can you imagine? Picard, in order to save Earth, must betray the Federation and cause it's collapse? Riker at his throat. Data re-emerging in B4

But wait... the Federation was still alive in All Good Things... man it sure was sounding good tho ;) I still think Q needs to be in a TNG movie.

Post #: 21
More Next Generation please - 28/4/2006 2:20:20 AM   
danielglennon

I agree that the films should continue to look forward and not return to the cheesiness of the original series. I've loved all the films with the STNG cast and would love to see another one. I agree with a previous poster that it would be fabtastic to see a film detailing the downfall of the neo-Communist Federationand see the characters exploring a more individualist path.

Post #: 22
More Next Generation please - 28/4/2006 2:21:17 AM   
danielglennon

I agree that the films should continue to look forward and not return to the cheesiness of the original series. I've loved all the films with the STNG cast and would love to see another one. I agree with a previous poster that it would be fabtastic to see a film detailing the downfall of the neo-Communist Federationand see the characters exploring a more individualist path.

Post #: 23
More TNG please... - 28/4/2006 3:14:18 AM   
ryan12

I think the series should keep focus in the TNG characthers, maybe a story involving Riker and his own command, a more menacing threat even more powerful than the Borg, or bring back the USS Voyager... If "Nemesis" failed with fans and audiences it was becuase it borrowed heavily from Star Trek II and there was no real need to kill Data...

< Message edited by ryan12 -- 28/4/2006 3:20:09 AM >

Post #: 24
NON-STARFLEET - 28/4/2006 3:35:30 AM   
tsalagi_man

I would like to see a Trek movie that is not Strarfleet based. I want to see the civilians in the future. Maybe a movie about a privately owned ship with a owner that is not entirely above the law. All the cleancut Starfleet stuff is getting old.

Post #: 25
NON-STARFLEET - 28/4/2006 3:42:24 AM   
tsalagi_man

I would like to see a Trek movie that is not Strarfleet based. I want to see the civilians in the future. Maybe a movie about a privately owned ship with a owner that is not entirely above the law. All the cleancut Starfleet stuff is getting old.

Post #: 26
Riker's "Twin" or Mirror Universe. - 28/4/2006 3:46:17 AM   
tsalagi_man

Maybe a movie about Riker's "Twin". Or maybe one about the Mirror Universe.

Post #: 27
RE: STAR TREK - 28/4/2006 4:08:40 AM   
tsalagi_man

I totally agree with you on this. NON-STARFLEET. Starfleet is boring.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 28
STAR TREK - 28/4/2006 5:05:40 AM   
Defiant_Doug

What this movie needs to be is about moving foward, with DEEP SPACE 9 and Voyager.. TNG should of course have a small role in the movie, but the last 2 were duds. We have a Captain who has ascended to be a god.. That in itself is worthy of a movie.. A Cardassia that is in shambles after being occupied by the Dominion, THAT could be a great part of a movie as well.. I love KIRK & SPOCK, but Kirk was laid to rest a few movies ago, let it be..

Post #: 29
Federation Time Ship - 28/4/2006 5:14:03 AM   
Alamazoo

I always thought an interesting series (or movie) could be based around the Federation timeship that was shown in a voyager episode. These guys from the 27th or 28th century could go to any period in the star trek timeline. They could be the basis for stories that explore all of the Star Trek history and future. The feeling I got from the Federation time ship episode was that they usually are up against time paradoxes and alternate timelines caused by other people with the same technology. Anyway, alot of interesting things could be explored based on a ship like that.

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> It Won't Be Kirk And Spock Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI