Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Welsh Thread!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: The Welsh Thread!! Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Welsh Thread!! - 5/10/2010 1:51:07 PM   
gazpop

Emyr, dude, I wasn't serious about a Welsh passport. Honestly ;o)
And as for Timbo being your fave Bond, good on ya. Very few people have him as their fave yet I thought he came the closest to the coldness Bond SHOULD have (read the books and you'll see how sexist, miscogenistic and cold-blooded he is, not a nice piece of work, but he's ours and we loves him isn't it?) until Daniel Craig came along.
My fave I guess would be Roger cos that's who I grew up with (just like Peter Davidson was the Doctor Who I grew up with) but I think Connery obviously had something special about him.
As to Bale, well, if you're born in a country these days it seems you're allowed to say you're half of that country. Although in my opinion if I had been born in Nigeria and then left after 1 week it might be a bit cheeky of me to say I'm half Nigerian. If only mum had had me in America: with my accent I could a been a contender by now.
Bastard Margam Park.....I broke my arm there when I was a kid. Burn it to the ground!!

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 181
RE: The Welsh Thread!! - 6/10/2010 8:44:37 PM   
Hood_Man

While he's not my favourite Bond, Dalton did star in one of my favourite Bond films. I'll never forget how overjoyed I was when I saw the fight in the kitchen between the waiter and the henchman in the kitchen, James Bond isn't the only guy in MI6 who can defend himself

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 182
RE: The Welsh Thread!! - 7/10/2010 5:55:03 PM   
gazpop

Agreed. Not enough seen of other members. That's why I loved the Sean Bean introduction as 009? 004? Can't remember. I know purists will stump for Goldfinger, and that's fine, no arguements, but of the more modern crop The Living Daylights was picture perfect. Everything you needed in a Bond movie was in there. Amazing. I know a good restaurant in Karachi indeed........

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 183
RE: The Welsh Thread!! - 12/10/2010 7:47:04 PM   
Hood_Man

WALES HAVE SCORED A GOAL!!

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 184
RE: The Welsh Thread!! - 13/10/2010 12:20:59 AM   
gazpop

Hoody, you had to go and jinx it didn't ya?

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 185
RE: The Welsh Thread!! - 13/10/2010 6:46:19 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: gazpop

Hoody, you had to go and jinx it didn't ya?

is all I can say.

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 186
RE: The Welsh Thread!! - 16/10/2010 12:05:48 AM   
Emyr Thy King

Surely Wales and football go together as much as mango and salted cucumber do?

< Message edited by Emyr Thy King -- 16/10/2010 12:14:23 AM >

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 187
RE: The Welsh Thread!! - 16/10/2010 11:58:01 AM   
gazpop

Mango and salted cucumber eh? You know? That might just work. I think we could pull it off. Both very versatile foodstuffs. Bit of chilli sauce and away you go

Post #: 188
RE: The Welsh Thread!! - 22/10/2010 5:28:00 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

Mango and salted cucumber eh? You know? That might just work. I think we could pull it off. Both very versatile foodstuffs. Bit of chilli sauce and away you go

Nah, I think there's a far greater likelihood of finding wreckage from the Nostromo. Perhaps we should try LV-426?

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 189
RE: The Welsh Thread!! - 22/10/2010 5:39:18 PM   
gazpop

I've just come from there. It's dead planet. No indiginous lifeforms.

Post #: 190
RE: The Welsh Thread!! - 22/10/2010 6:17:41 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

I've just come from there. It's a dead planet. No indigenous lifeforms.

A bit like Cardiff on the weekend.

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 191
RE: The Welsh Thread!! - 1/3/2011 1:57:39 PM   
Hood_Man

Dydd Gwyl Dewi Hapus!

Or according to my phones predictive text, Duff Gel Dewey Haps

Any events going on anywhere in Wales this fine day? Outside the shop are some kids from the local primary school, dressed in their traditional Welsh costumes, and I've seen about a dozen rugby shirts today too.

Post #: 192
RE: The Welsh Thread!! - 11/7/2011 8:22:00 PM   
gazpop

Never forget you're Welsh!!
Remember that advert?
Time for a gin + tonic I think

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 193
RE: The Welsh Thread!! - 7/10/2011 10:09:28 AM   
Harry Tuttle

Wow, it's been fairly busy in here .

So anyone watching the rugby in the morning? What do you think of our chances?

I can see us beating the Irish* in a close fought game and then fucking it up royally against the English.

It's the Welsh way.

* And if we don't I wish them the very best in the semis.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 194
RE: The Welsh Thread!! - 7/10/2011 12:26:36 PM   
great_badir

I'm Welsh!

I have no accent. At all.

I hate rugby (and sport in general).

I don't know a single word of the Welsh language.

Last time I went there it cost 25p to go over the (original) bridge.

I am a huge disappointment to my clan.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 195
RE: The Welsh Thread!! - 7/10/2011 3:44:25 PM   
gazpop

Welsh? I thought you were of Arab stock dude!

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 196
RE: The Welsh Thread!! - 7/10/2011 3:46:48 PM   
Rhubarb

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

Even I know a few words of Welsh, and I'm English. When you go to Cardiff these days the cash machines offer you a Welsh language option, which obviously i take. It means I know the Welsh for "sorry your card has been rejected".

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 197
RE: The Welsh Thread!! - 7/10/2011 3:47:43 PM   
Hood_Man

I'll be getting up tomorrow for some rugby action. I'm going with Wales to beat Ireland by 5 points, and I'm going with the shock of France beating England by a whisker.

I've got nothing to really justify that, except for France being unpredictably brilliant sometimes. They were beaten comfortably by New Zealand, but they still managed to get 17 points off them.

< Message edited by Hood_Man -- 7/10/2011 3:49:03 PM >

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 198
RE: The Welsh Thread!! - 7/10/2011 3:48:40 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

Even I know a few words of Welsh, and I'm English. When you go to Cardiff these days the cash machines offer you a Welsh language option, which obviously i take. It means I know the Welsh for "sorry your card has been rejected".

Fuck off sinsir?

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 199
RE: The Welsh Thread!! - 7/10/2011 3:58:15 PM   
Rhubarb

People shouted it as well.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

Post #: 200
RE: The Welsh Thread!! - 7/10/2011 4:05:08 PM   
Harry Tuttle

That makes me proud to be Welsh .

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 201
RE: The Welsh Thread!! - 7/10/2011 8:45:20 PM   
Hood_Man

Isn't Cachau Bant the Welsh phrase for F*** Off?

That could be a suggestion for alternative swear words!

Post #: 202
RE: The Welsh Thread!! - 8/10/2011 12:17:01 PM   
gazpop

Cer i grafi (Care ((as in care for the elderly)) ee grav ee) is go fuck yourself. More importantly, did you watch the game today?
SPOILER ALERT LOL
Wales played magnificently. And if the bastard Frogs play like they did against England today it should be a rip-snorter of a game!
Bant a ni bois bach!!

ps-England were a shower and messed up each and every piece of hard work by becoming gibbons at the 5 yard line! Shame.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 203
RE: The Welsh Thread!! - 8/10/2011 1:10:07 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Up in t'north fuck off is fuck off basically, or the Wenglishised version is "Ffwcia o'ma." "Cer i grafu" or "cer i ganu" are used as the more harmless bugger off or sod off*. I could say "cer i grafu/ganu" to my mum, I'd never dare tell her to fuck off.

Great performance this morning. I fully expect us to fuck the semi right up against an inferior French side though.

* Which is strange because "cer i grafu" translates as "go scratch" and "cer i ganu" as go sing .

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 204
RE: The Welsh Thread!! - 8/10/2011 1:23:00 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

More importantly, did you watch the game today?
SPOILER ALERT LOL
Wales played magnificently. And if the bastard Frogs play like they did against England today it should be a rip-snorter of a game!
Bant a ni bois bach!!

ps-England were a shower and messed up each and every piece of hard work by becoming gibbons at the 5 yard line! Shame.

I certainly did, and the best part of all was how well the two local boys Mike Phillips and Jonathan Davies played! Pembroke/Carmarthenshire's finest!

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 205
RE: The Welsh Thread!! - 1/3/2012 2:00:59 AM   
Hood_Man

Dydd Gwyl Dewi Hapus!

This went down like a lead balloon last year, but I'll say it anyway.

Any horror stories from your youth of your parents making you dress up in Welsh costume when you were small? Are you making welsh cakes? Does anyone of this matter anymore??

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 206
RE: The Welsh Thread!! - 1/3/2012 5:06:38 AM   
King of Kafiristan

Just wanted to mention I have a Welsh Corgi, a pembroke. Codename: CJ. My mom has a mug with a picture of a corgi on it, and it's emblazoned with a descriptive word cloud. Sometimes when praising CJ we like to highlight the attributes the mug ascribes to her breed. They are as follows: cheerful - lively - energetic - sturdy - Welsh.

She's a great dog, and for whatever part you lot played in that, you have my gratitude.

PS If your climate is responsible for her year round shedding, however, with that I must take issue.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 207
RE: The Welsh Thread!! - 1/3/2012 10:57:09 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Dydd Gwyl Dewi Hapus!

Any horror stories from your youth of your parents making you dress up in Welsh costume when you were small? Are you making welsh cakes? Does anyone of this matter anymore??

Yay, dydd Gwyl Dewi Hapus i bawb

My daughter's gone to school dressed as a traditional Welsh lady today. All my son had to wear to mark the occassion was a Welsh rugby shirt. One of them is getting a bum deal .

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 1/3/2012 10:59:34 AM >

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 208
RE: The Welsh Thread!! - 1/3/2012 11:03:00 AM   
impqueen

Iím having cheese on toast for lunch.

Yes, always.

Post #: 209
RE: The Welsh Thread!! - 1/3/2012 11:08:31 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Dydd Gwyl Dewi Hapus!

Yay, dydd Gwyl Dewi Hapus i bawb

My daughter's gone to school dressed as a traditional Welsh lady today. All my son had to wear to mark the occassion was a Welsh rugby shirt. One of them is getting a bum deal .

When I was a kid we could get away with just a leek pinned to our shirts. The girls always had to do the full dress though.

Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: The Welsh Thread!! Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI