Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Irish Thread!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: The Irish Thread! Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Irish Thread! - 7/7/2006 1:28:13 PM   
Joe

I actually lived in Limerick for 2 years.

"Manchester United is the club, it is football. A culture of the “beau jeu”, a philosophy that has been existing for years. How to win with class. I am still madly in love with it."
Eric Cantona

(in reply to Fenwick)
Post #: 91
RE: The Irish Thread! - 8/7/2006 5:36:11 PM   
Joe

So I'm sick with a stomach bug, first felt the effects Thursday. Which means...no Oxegen  180 euro down the drain.

I'm consoling myself with the fact that my friends are soaked...

"Manchester United is the club, it is football. A culture of the “beau jeu”, a philosophy that has been existing for years. How to win with class. I am still madly in love with it."
Eric Cantona

(in reply to Joe)
Post #: 92
RE: The Irish Thread! - 8/7/2006 9:26:20 PM   
Funkyrae

Awwww not nice.  Hope you didn't swallow that diamond

That's me that is!

(in reply to Joe)
Post #: 93
RE: The Irish Thread! - 9/7/2006 2:58:56 PM   
Spilling Moonbeams

*cough cough* Testing, testing....
Yay, first post! (I really just wanna see how my avatar looks...)
Um, Dublin girl I am, although I really shouldn't count as one, seeing as I live so far north people from Kildare and Wicklow are closer to the city than me and the rest of Ireland has a more dependable transport system than north Dublin. Well, I like to claim they do anyway, when I've been standing at a freezing busstop for an hour and half...
I dislike rugby *ducks* but have been enthralled by the World Cup. Favourite team: Japan. Don't ask... Supporting Italy today, Serie A may be totally made of crooks, but the Italians still deserve to win the Cup.
I think that's enough of a test. Go raibh mile for your patience.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 94
RE: The Irish Thread! - 9/7/2006 3:52:48 PM   
Joe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Funkyrae

Awwww not nice.  Hope you didn't swallow that diamond

Excuse my ignorance but I don't gettit?

Eric Cantona

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 95
RE: The Irish Thread! - 9/7/2006 8:08:15 PM   
Funkyrae

The one you offered for being a semi Ashley Judd clone in the who would play you thread!

That's it.  All over.  Sorry - you've broken my heart now

That's me that is!

(in reply to Joe)
Post #: 96
RE: The Irish Thread! - 9/7/2006 11:41:31 PM   
Joe

I actually hadn't bought it yet.

Eric Cantona

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 97
RE: The Irish Thread! - 10/7/2006 4:27:31 PM   
Livvie

Joe, what did you do with your ticket?

One of my friends got a free ticket for the Sunday when someone else fell ill. I didn't go to Oxegen - I have cleanliness issues!! I have heard the horror stories and see the graphic pics of the 'facilities' there!!!

After all ... tomorrow is another day.

Whoever you are, I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.

(in reply to Joe)
Post #: 98
RE: The Irish Thread! - 12/7/2006 12:49:29 PM   
Joe

Did nothing with it Livvie, tried to give it friends who were all going to the Munster Final instead!

My friends had a good time, but say it was ruined by the Sunday night - they were in campsite A - check the oxegen.ie messageboards, there are LOADS of complaints about the security there and general scumbags ruining it for everyone - setting tents on fire, toppling a security tower and generally assaulting people!

Of course MCD have released the generic "Went without trouble blah blah blah" and considering how much money they give the national papers through advertising, don't expect any of the campsite horror stories to make the paper.

Eric Cantona

(in reply to Livvie)
Post #: 99
RE: The Irish Thread! - 12/7/2006 1:32:23 PM   
DesolationRow

Well, scumbags ruin everything. They're all over where I live (South Dublin). Everywhere I look. In the street. In my school. At The Square (which is where they congregate). It's like a zombie film.
So, discussion. Subject: Scumbags/Scangers.

"If you look up 'idiot' in the dictionary, you know what you'll find?"
"A picture of me?"
"No, the definition of an idiot, which is what you are!"

(in reply to Joe)
Post #: 100
RE: The Irish Thread! - 13/7/2006 8:34:26 PM   
Joe

quote:

ORIGINAL: DesolationRow

Well, scumbags ruin everything. They're all over where I live (South Dublin). Everywhere I look. In the street. In my school. At The Square (which is where they congregate). It's like a zombie film.
So, discussion. Subject: Scumbags/Scangers.

Scobes - they've made wikipedia I believe. I just don't get how some scumbags believe that their behaviour/attitude will get them anywhere. It's like they have zero foresight.Though in fairness, a mate of mine who was at Oxegen said that the majority of the trouble he saw was caused by lads he was talking to at the start of the weekend - and they were well off D4 types just after their leaving cert with more money than sense.

Eric Cantona

(in reply to DesolationRow)
Post #: 101
RE: The Irish Thread! - 14/7/2006 1:47:18 PM   
DesolationRow

Such D4 types aren't great either, although I live fairly far away from the vast majority of them. However, I'm on the outskirts of Scangerland. A couple of years ago, a bunch of scangers mugged me and my friend - looking for fireworks, of all things. Since then, I've actually become phobic about going outside (it happened just a few metres away from my house). So I have little contempt to spare for posh D4 types.   

"A picture of me?"

(in reply to Joe)
Post #: 102
RE: The Irish Thread! - 14/7/2006 3:20:51 PM   
theram05

Laois man here, the conquerors of Tyrone!!!

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

Post #: 103
RE: The Irish Thread! - 14/7/2006 3:23:56 PM   
DesolationRow

Are you from Laois perhaps? I just get that feeling.
I'm Dublin born and bred, but I've plenty of Clare and Limerick relatives, so when Clare do well in the hurling, I celebrate!

"A picture of me?"

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 104
RE: The Irish Thread! - 17/7/2006 12:19:29 AM   
Joe

The Oxegen riots finally made the papers - even if it was the rag that is the Mirror.

http://img9.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=43816_mirror2_373lo.jpg

http://img104.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=43552_mirror_1_311lo.jpg

Eric Cantona

Post #: 105
RE: The Irish Thread! - 17/7/2006 10:23:35 AM   
MOTH

Woo-hoo! - another day out in the Qualifiers for Fermanagh fans!

I've only gone and set up a blog! This week I've been mostly reviewing The Lego Movie and Wadjda. Click: The Fast Picture Show

(in reply to Joe)
Post #: 106
RE: The Irish Thread! - 17/7/2006 10:28:32 AM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: MOTH

Woo-hoo! - another day out in the Qualifiers for Fermanagh fans!

Congrats to the Erneside men, although their not having Mattie the Stamp was a huge help to you, but good win nonetheless.

As for us Laois men, bring on the Biffos!!!!!!!!!!

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to MOTH)
Post #: 107
RE: The Irish Thread! - 17/7/2006 10:35:43 AM   
MOTH

Brutal game actually - both teams played poorly and there was no atmosphere at the game at all. and it was £17 in!!!!! Glad Forde wasn't on - Wexford obviously didn't have a Plan B.
Could have done without drawing Donegal though - the last few games between these two have been poor fare.

Fancy Laois to beat Offaly - they didn't look too hot yesterday. Might be a long summer for youse yet!

< Message edited by MOTH -- 17/7/2006 10:36:24 AM >

I've only gone and set up a blog! This week I've been mostly reviewing The Lego Movie and Wadjda. Click: The Fast Picture Show

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 108
RE: The Irish Thread! - 17/7/2006 10:42:40 AM   
theram05

Nah, we're doing alright, have restored some pride, but there's no way we're at the level Armagh or Dublin are at yet. If we got some nice draws we could stumble to an All Ireland semi, but I cant see us living with either of those two come the big day. I think its Dublins title to lose, but then I think they will somehow contrive to lose it come the moment. They've played no one outseide of Leinster yet, and people forget very quickly league games like when yourselves beat them in Parnell, etc. Let the hype engulf them, they'll implode in due course. It just won't be to Laois I'm afraid!

(in reply to MOTH)
Post #: 109
RE: The Irish Thread! - 17/7/2006 4:02:50 PM   
theram05

Neighbours Laois and Offaly will clash in O Moore Park, Portlaoise at 4pm on Sunday 30th July in the pick of the 4th Round qualifier games.
There are two All-Ireland qualifiers on 29 July - Kerry host Longford in Killarney (1700) while Galway take on Westmeath at Pearse Stadium (1900).
The All-Ireland fourth round qualifier between Fermanagh and Donegal will be played at Brewster Park in Enniskillen on Sunday, 30 July.
4th Round Qualifiers

Kerry v Longford, Fitzgerald Stadium, Killarney, Saturday 29th July, 5pm.
Galway v Westmeath, Pearse Stadium, Galway, Saturday 29th July, 7pm.
Fermanagh v Donegal, Brewster Park, Enniskillen, Sunday 30th July, 2pm.
Laois v Offaly, O Moore Park Portlaoise, Sunday 30th July, 4pm.

All-Ireland SFC quarter-finals

Cork v Fermanagh or Donegal
Armagh v Longford or Kerry
Mayo v Offaly or Laois
Dublin v Galway or Westmeath
Semi-finals:

Cork/Fermanagh/Donegal v Armagh/Longford/Kerry
Mayo/Offaly/Laois v Dublin/Galway/Westmeath

(in reply to Joe)
Post #: 110
RE: The Irish Thread! - 18/7/2006 9:38:09 AM   
MOTH

Hmmm - assuming Fermanagh get past Donegal , Cork's not the worst draw - they seem very reliant on Masters for scores.
Pity the Donegal game is on a Sunday - those Saturday night games lend themselves well to a few pints afterwards for post-match analysis!

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 111
RE: The Irish Thread! - 18/7/2006 9:55:08 AM   
theram05

Same here, have gotten accustomed to the Saturday night games following our wins over Tyrone and Meath, Sunday night down in the town, could make work in Dublin Monday morning most difficult.....

(in reply to MOTH)
Post #: 112
RE: The Irish Thread! - 18/7/2006 3:05:49 PM   
Peter Dragon

I'm from Cork, and can't stand the fucking GAAAAAAAAAAAAA, it fucking rules this place, I hope Fermanagh or Donegal beat us and hope Limerick bate us out the gap in the hurling.

However I would like to say

Fuck land! I'm on a boat motherfucker!

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 113
RE: The Irish Thread! - 18/7/2006 4:24:19 PM   
theram05

I was there Pete, actually have my ticket from the game as my bookmark at present, I firmly believe anything outside the pale Sounthward is Munster, can't stand that D4 shower, they even resent people from outside the pale following the Leinster team.

(in reply to Peter Dragon)
Post #: 114
RE: The Irish Thread! - 19/7/2006 12:21:41 AM   
Fenwick

GO ON MUNSTER!!! What a pic! Ragin I couldnt make it to that historic match - was in the middle of final exams! Went out to meet the team at the airport when they arrived home though - some craic!

"Your ass is already on the line. The only question is, what are you gonna do about it?"

Snakes on crack!

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 115
RE: The Irish Thread! - 19/7/2006 8:45:27 AM   
theram05

Ah so you saw me passing through then as well?! Our plane arrived back in Shannon with the lads and on we went then to the hotel for the night, sweet......

(in reply to Fenwick)
Post #: 116
RE: The Irish Thread! - 19/7/2006 3:41:56 PM   
Peter Dragon

I couldn't make it to Cardiff either due to herself's exams, and the fact that we are in the middle of moving house, watched the semi v Leinster in between emptying a transit van!

Anywho, we watched the match in the local.
Like two eejits in a pub of what I would consider not too bothered people who decided to just wear red for the day.

"JESUS CHRIST ROG, JUST TAKE THE f**kING THREE POINTS!" was a mild outburst from me during the match.

Anyway, match ends, I'm bawling like a wee un, herself is bawling like a wee un, but everyone else in the bar is strangely numb. For example no one seems to want to clap them up for the medals, and I'm thinking "Fuck this I'm off to Shannon airport!"

So off we go camcorder in hand and we meet a couple of high vis jacket airport crew at Shannon.

We get to talking and we mention we've driven up from Cork, so he says as we've come all the way up from Cork he'll make our trip worth while, so with a nod and a wink he says 'Meet me by the entrance to the restaurant upstairs in a minute". So we go up and the next thing we know we are being ushered into the VIP Press area!

There's only about 6 other supporters in there and we get to meet THE WHOLE TEAM! Herself get's her jersey signed by most of the team, got her piccies taken with ROG, Payne and Trevor Halstead, gents all, I chatted with Frankie Sheehan and Barry Murphy about next season, both very optimistic about it. Paul O'Connell is a model pro, signed everybodies memoribilia and only left when the Munster officials dragged him out.

What a night.

Fuck land! I'm on a boat motherfucker!

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 117
RE: The Irish Thread! - 19/7/2006 10:22:33 PM   
Joe

It was really funny, two weeks ago Im going through UCC campus and there are a couple dozen people gathered outside the chapel - ROG's getting married. So I meet the girlfriend, cheer when they come out and leave - small crowd, nothing big.

The news that night - "HUNDREDS of rugby fans turn out in UCC to see Munster hero's wedding"

Eric Cantona

(in reply to Peter Dragon)
Post #: 118
RE: The Irish Thread! - 21/7/2006 4:45:40 PM   
Funkyrae

I was there   It was frankly fantastic.  I had no nails left at the end of the match and I split my lager over some poor bloke in front of me as I jumped up cheering.  I still have loads of photos on my camera phone.  I also inherited a Munster flag which has pride of place in my bedroom from another bloke who was sitting in front of me that I managed to not spill beer on

I'm organising a season ticket for the Cardiff Blues, not because I want to support them in particular, but because it will mean I'll get cheaper tickets for the Six Nations and will be able to see Munster play Cardiff for the Celtic League matches and the Heineken Cup draw.

God I love living in Cardiff

That's me that is!

(in reply to Joe)
Post #: 119
RE: The Irish Thread! - 21/7/2006 5:38:59 PM   
aldaboss

Hope your all enjoying the heat at the moment!

Nothing much happening here in clare. Found it impossible to get a job this summer. God dam polish!

My god is a boob

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: The Irish Thread! Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI