Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Irish Thread!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: The Irish Thread! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Irish Thread! - 23/5/2006 1:45:01 AM   
Joe

Were you at it?

"Manchester United is the club, it is football. A culture of the “beau jeu”, a philosophy that has been existing for years. How to win with class. I am still madly in love with it."
Eric Cantona

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 61
RE: The Irish Thread! - 24/5/2006 12:15:08 PM   
Funkyrae

I was indeed!  Proudly wearing my Ireland shirt (only coz I couldn't get a ladies Munster shirt in time).  I was in the South Stand.  Were you there?

That's me that is!

(in reply to Joe)
Post #: 62
RE: The Irish Thread! - 24/5/2006 5:13:44 PM   
Joe

Alas no, exams and such meant that I couldn't go (more because none of friends were finished in time, I've been done for over a week now)

"Manchester United is the club, it is football. A culture of the “beau jeu”, a philosophy that has been existing for years. How to win with class. I am still madly in love with it."
Eric Cantona

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 63
RE: The Irish Thread! - 25/5/2006 12:18:13 PM   
Funkyrae

And I'll be at Twickenham this weekend.  Not that any teams even vaguely Irish are playing.  Thanks Tigers.

That's me that is!

(in reply to Joe)
Post #: 64
RE: The Irish Thread! - 25/5/2006 2:36:21 PM   
Joe

Who will everyone be following in the World Cup? Or are they like myslef, just enjoying the football?

Eric Cantona

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 65
RE: The Irish Thread! - 25/5/2006 8:44:26 PM   
Funkyrae

Sorry.  I don't "do" football.  I'll be taking the opportunity to avoid as much of it as I possibly can.  It's rugby all the way for me

That's me that is!

(in reply to Joe)
Post #: 66
RE: The Irish Thread! - 29/5/2006 12:51:55 AM   
Joe

I'll very much as much of the football as I can. This combined with the GAA makes it a good summer

Eric Cantona

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 67
RE: The Irish Thread! - 29/5/2006 2:21:07 PM   
Joe

Delighted to see the first Irish production (well, co production) to win the Palme d'Or, I have high expectations for this one.

Eric Cantona

(in reply to Joe)
Post #: 68
RE: The Irish Thread! - 29/5/2006 9:21:00 PM   
Fenwick

Antoher pround Munster woman here.............still a bit fuzzy from teh Heineken Cup win!

"Your ass is already on the line. The only question is, what are you gonna do about it?"

Snakes on crack!

(in reply to Joe)
Post #: 69
RE: The Irish Thread! - 30/5/2006 3:10:06 AM   
aldaboss

Originally from the heart of munster,limerick. My uncle and dad went but I was in london at the time.

Ive decided dublin is shit.spent a week here...

My god is a boob

(in reply to Fenwick)
Post #: 70
RE: The Irish Thread! - 2/6/2006 4:22:26 PM   
Joe

What do ye all think about the current state of affairs RE: the statutory rape laws?

Considering the number of warnings the Govt. had that such a ruling could come about, I think it's a disgrace and Mc Dowell should resign. 

Eric Cantona

(in reply to aldaboss)
Post #: 71
RE: The Irish Thread! - 4/6/2006 12:03:05 AM   
general_potatoface

McDowell should resign in any case. He's a horrible Minister for Justice.

We should really demand more from our politicians. Fine Gael and Labour are really no better than the Govt. When I see those Enda Kenny posters saying "I'll sack the wasters of taxpayers' money" I think "Yeah, and hire people who'll waste your money in new, exciting ways!"

If McDowell is re-elected next year, I vote we assassinate him.

(in reply to Joe)
Post #: 72
RE: The Irish Thread! - 4/6/2006 12:53:10 AM   
billythehick

in other news, theres a crisis of sexual ambiguity all over the radio, tv and papers right now

we musn't dwell. no, not today. WE CAN'T! not on rex manning day!

hey, how come my glass is empty?

"with collosal capacity comes considerale culpibility!"

hey, how come my glass is full?

(in reply to general_potatoface)
Post #: 73
RE: The Irish Thread! - 6/6/2006 11:20:21 AM   
Joe

This new "stop gap" legislation is only going to cause further trouble down the road, and is quite sexist really!

Eric Cantona

(in reply to billythehick)
Post #: 74
RE: The Irish Thread! - 7/6/2006 8:42:09 PM   
general_potatoface

Yeah, that underage boys can be convicted of stat. rape, but not girls, is bullshit.

Say if a 14 year old boy has sex with a 15 year old girl. He could be convicted of stat. rape and she couldn't. Bullshit.

(in reply to Joe)
Post #: 75
RE: The Irish Thread! - 14/6/2006 12:35:45 PM   
Joe

It's pretty fucked up all right, I'd say the government are happy C.J. kicked the bucket to take attention away from the whole thing...

Eric Cantona

(in reply to general_potatoface)
Post #: 76
RE: The Irish Thread! - 14/6/2006 8:13:30 PM   
Daniel Kelly

I just thought I say I am from Belfast and will be supporting Mexico for World Cup

www.danlandmovvies.blogspot.com

(in reply to Joe)
Post #: 77
RE: The Irish Thread! - 15/6/2006 4:11:52 PM   
Joe

Any reason why Mexico? Alot of people supported Poland due to the influx of immigrants, which I thought was nice to see. Actually, while we like to criticise Ireland for being racist the welcome by the general public towards the Polish, IMO, is great. Yes there are the tossers who exploit them, but there is a consensus that this must stop and a campaign (the examiner) to let people know their rights.

Eric Cantona

(in reply to Daniel Kelly)
Post #: 78
RE: The Irish Thread! - 26/6/2006 3:37:24 PM   
furrybastard

So has anyone seen The Wind That Shakes The Barley yet and what did you think? I plan on seeing it in the next week some time (when I get some time where I'm not working!). I went to see Brick and Teh Devil and Daniel Johnston in a madcap day of cinemaing yesterday!

(in reply to Joe)
Post #: 79
RE: The Irish Thread! - 1/7/2006 2:57:57 PM   
Joe

Grr...the Kino just stopped showing Brick so I missed it (damn payday coming too late!). Will see Thank You For Smoking soon.

Anyone going to Oxegen?

< Message edited by Joe -- 1/7/2006 2:58:18 PM >

Eric Cantona

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 80
RE: The Irish Thread! - 1/7/2006 5:32:31 PM   
furrybastard

Brick was excellent, Joe! Well worth seeing.

The Kino is also showing Offside this week which is aparently great.

I'm not going to Oxegen - just not too fond of the line up this year. Instead I'm going to Electric Picnic (as is everyone else where I work so everybody is avoiding the question of who is going to have to stay behind and work that weekend!).

Did anyone go to the Marquee gigs? Dylan, Roger Waters, Robert Plant?

(in reply to Joe)
Post #: 81
RE: The Irish Thread! - 2/7/2006 1:11:15 PM   
DesolationRow

I really wanted to go to the Marquee, just for Roger Waters. But things got in the way. I'd also love to go to Oxegen, since my favourite artist and my favourite band are playing at it (respectively, the Divine Comedy, the Who).
On the subject of the government, I've never been a fan of the PDs. They never seem that different to Fianna Fáil. And don't get me started on the Green Party. They were set up to deal with environmental issues. The last I heard of them was a Green Party TD criticising the Taoiseach for spending money on make-up.

"If you look up 'idiot' in the dictionary, you know what you'll find?"
"A picture of me?"
"No, the definition of an idiot, which is what you are!"

Post #: 82
RE: The Irish Thread! - 2/7/2006 4:28:08 PM   
furrybastard

Waters seems to have been the most celebrated act of the week. Apparently he played Dark Side of the Moon in its entirety with the original drummer for Pink Floyd!

(in reply to DesolationRow)
Post #: 83
RE: The Irish Thread! - 5/7/2006 10:49:41 AM   
Joe

A friend of my girlfriend is a journalist and got 2 free tickets for Dylan. He promised them to his then girlfriend, then they broke up, but he still took her. Afterwards he was talking to mygirlfriend who told him that I'd have loved to have gone to which he replied

"Jesus I'd have much rather gone with him, had I known I'd have made an excuse"

I'm sick as a parrot.

Eric Cantona

Post #: 84
RE: The Irish Thread! - 5/7/2006 5:00:24 PM   
sushigoround

waaayyheyy! Good to see all the cork people here! I'm postgrad in UCC, did my BA. in english and history last year. I seem to have passed my entire degree in the Bróg. Now I can rarely head into the place

Oxygen: going for the camping and the session, also going to Electric Picnic: its supposed to be much better not as much of a squash and a panic and a blatent exploitation. E5 for an oxegen chicken sandwich..I think not. I end up starving myself instead and spending most of the first night tryin to find the tent while completely ossified

(in reply to MOTH)
Post #: 85
RE: The Irish Thread! - 5/7/2006 5:15:29 PM   
Joe

Hey - I'm a UCC grad in History and English! Just got my degree and doing a post grad come September - spooky!

Eric Cantona

(in reply to sushigoround)
Post #: 86
RE: The Irish Thread! - 5/7/2006 5:21:58 PM   
sushigoround

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe

Hey - I'm a UCC grad in History and English! Just got my degree and doing a post grad come September - spooky!

congrats, did you ever stay back a year could have been in the same classes. Not that it would matter. The thing about arts was, I really didnt know anyone! I knew my friends, and thats it like, its just too big! I did drama in 3rd year and got to know my class then, but much too little waaay too late

(in reply to Joe)
Post #: 87
RE: The Irish Thread! - 5/7/2006 5:30:38 PM   
steelydan3

Another Irish person hereFrom Tyrone myself-good to see we've got a good contingent of people from our country on here!

< Message edited by steelydan3 -- 5/7/2006 5:31:09 PM >

"I've had a bellyful of you and your cheap heroics"

"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!"

"The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success"

(in reply to sushigoround)
Post #: 88
RE: The Irish Thread! - 5/7/2006 8:13:44 PM   
krudler

im from Limerick aka the phantom zone,once you're trapped theres no escape!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

(in reply to steelydan3)
Post #: 89
RE: The Irish Thread! - 5/7/2006 11:40:48 PM   
Fenwick

Limerick here too Krudler

"Your ass is already on the line. The only question is, what are you gonna do about it?"

Snakes on crack!

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: The Irish Thread! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI