Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Irish Thread!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: The Irish Thread! Page: <<   < prev  107 108 109 110 [111]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Irish Thread! - 22/5/2012 1:18:57 PM   
blackduck

Well then I know less, I only read the letters page!

I am but an egg.

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 3301
RE: The Irish Thread! - 22/5/2012 4:45:08 PM   
Woger

All I can gather is that it makes countries strive to balance budgets, there emay be some bad precedent that if they don't then the EU might step in. That's a fair enough area to focus i form the no side but in the past the no camapigners tended to push nonsesne liek forced abortions and conscription. For me it comes down to if they don't want Ireland to balance budgets where is the money coming from. The bubble revenue is never coming back and german tax payers are getting pissed at being a blank check book.

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to blackduck)
Post #: 3302
RE: The Irish Thread! - 23/5/2012 3:03:17 PM   
st3veebee

quote:

ORIGINAL: blackduck

Not even the guilty pleasures?? Come on now!

Also how wrong is it, that I am slightly in love with Nemi?

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to blackduck)
Post #: 3303
RE: The Irish Thread! - 29/5/2012 10:14:23 PM   
blackduck

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

quote:

Nothing wrong with that at all, there is ....something about her.

Been listening to some of the "debates" on the radio, fuck me the No lot are annoying.

I am but an egg.

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 3304
RE: The Irish Thread! - 29/5/2012 10:21:08 PM   
Woger

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

quote:

Nothing wrong with that at all, there is ....something about her.

Been listening to some of the "debates" on the radio, fuck me the No lot are annoying.

It's the lack of basic maths that has me stumped
No to the bailout - it's half the rate than the bond markets
No to austerity - there is no money, where are you goinf to get it

Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to blackduck)
Post #: 3305
RE: The Irish Thread! - 30/5/2012 9:01:34 AM   
blackduck

Some of the arguements contradicts other bits of the arguements.

One guy on Today FM was saying we should vote no and trust in our politicians to resolve the situation themseves and not have to answer to Germany...in other words we should trust the people who all want us to vote yes.

I am but an egg.

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 3306
RE: The Irish Thread! - 7/6/2012 10:01:20 PM   
Erlenmeyer Flask

Mick Wallace needs to cop on and resign.

You're in the basement because they're afraid of you, of your relentlessness and because they know that they could drop you in the middle of the desert, and tell you the truth is out there, and you'd ask them for a shovel!

(in reply to blackduck)
Post #: 3307
RE: The Irish Thread! - 12/7/2012 8:27:32 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

Not Guilty in the Michaela McAreavy trial.

Surprised to a certain extent but the whole thing seemed to decend into a fucking circus a long time ago. Thoughts are definately with her Widower and family.

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to Erlenmeyer Flask)
Post #: 3308
RE: The Irish Thread! - 29/7/2012 11:32:02 PM   
Erlenmeyer Flask

Wtf is with all this support for the Quinns?

You're in the basement because they're afraid of you, of your relentlessness and because they know that they could drop you in the middle of the desert, and tell you the truth is out there, and you'd ask them for a shovel!

(in reply to Keyser Sozzled)
Post #: 3309
RE: The Irish Thread! - 30/7/2012 9:40:53 AM   
MOTH

I was down at a wake a couple of weekends ago in Fermanagh, only a few miles from Quinn's home house, so got the chance to speak to a lot of locals about the whole case - passed the night that I sat up.

Anyhow, basic overall view was that regardless of what sanctions Quinn deserves for his activities, most folk think he is being witch-hunted a bit whilst many other characters in this whole mess are avoiding similar investigation/punishment, which smacks of double standards. If there was any indication that this would be a watershed case, and the others would fall one by one, maybe that would change opinion, but it doesn't look that way (even with the charges brought against Anglo execs). Quinn is being specifically targeted because he has actual brick-and-mortar assets which will continue to make money, whereas all the other lads just have numbers in bank accounts. Having said that, there was a noticeable lack of sympathy for Peter Quinn (nephew), who was dismissed as a bit of a cock.

< Message edited by MOTH -- 30/7/2012 9:58:57 AM >

I've only gone and set up a blog! This week I've been mostly reviewing The Lego Movie and Wadjda. Click: The Fast Picture Show

Post #: 3310
RE: The Irish Thread! - 30/7/2012 10:54:05 AM   
Olaf

Apparently a letter of support from Michael O'Leary was read out at the rally. Not sure whether to laugh or cry.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to MOTH)
Post #: 3311
RE: The Irish Thread! - 30/7/2012 2:33:44 PM   
Woger

Good thread on Quinn.
http://www.thepropertypin.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=29447

- - -

(in reply to MOTH)
Post #: 3312
RE: The Irish Thread! - 10/9/2012 9:21:35 AM   
MOTH

Great day down at Croke Park yesterday - too stop-start to be a classic, but nailbiting stuff. Even the presence of Progijig and Hector bellowing down the mike at half-time couldn't spoil it.

I've only gone and set up a blog! This week I've been mostly reviewing The Lego Movie and Wadjda. Click: The Fast Picture Show

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 3313
RE: The Irish Thread! - 24/9/2012 1:59:38 PM   
MOTH

On days like yesterday, I wish I could revisit my youth when I used to head on the lash to exotic places like Donegal Town and Bundoran. Craic will be good all week I'd say! 

(in reply to MOTH)
Post #: 3314
RE: The Irish Thread! - 1/10/2012 9:44:12 PM   
JAYDAK1SS

Even though I am a Royal, still laughed at this

Black Jesus!!!:

I rode into town on an ass

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

(in reply to MOTH)
Post #: 3315
RE: The Irish Thread! - 15/10/2012 11:15:30 AM   
Erlenmeyer Flask

Another march for the Quinns.
Christ.

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 3316
RE: The Irish Thread! - 15/10/2012 3:30:46 PM   
Woger

If they like them so much they cam pay the Irish tax payers what they are owed.

- - -

(in reply to MOTH)
Post #: 3317
RE: The Irish Thread! - 7/12/2012 10:43:45 AM   
Professor Moriarty

So, another ball-busting budget. This brought about IMO the most shameful move I've seen, a reduction in the carers allowance. I mean seriously, firstly its not easy to get, secondly carers save the country a fortune compared and its a pretty tough calling. So now to cut that allowance is IMO quite sinful. I sincerely hope any member of the government who stood behind that is rightfully ashamed of themselves. I can't believe they wont backtrack on this.

In news closer to my home. The property tax is a joke. Just a few years ago I gave the government a shit load of money in stamp duty, which they promptly pissed up the wall and now they want more. They can whistle. Apparently the price will be based on a valuation of the property. Well as the property next to mine has stood empty for 2 years, unable to be sold, while the asking price went down and down, I think I'd be reasonably right in saying something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it and that looks like nothing to me.

Having spotted one of the few "fun" things left in the country, supermarkets having some great wine offers every so often they slapped a Euro on a bottle. Which makes no sense to me as that is the same for a bottle of 4.99 plonk from Lidl as for a top class vintage. I'd have probably got a few bottles in for various parties over Christmas, so it'll probably make it worth my while to have a trip over the border. But of course while I'm picking the wine up, I'll also be doing a food shop and getting some presents, etc. so that just seems a way to drain money out of the economy.

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 3318
RE: The Irish Thread! - 13/12/2012 10:46:43 AM   
Erlenmeyer Flask

Apparently, the sister of a girl who ended her own life in Donegal a few weeks ago has also taken her own life. Can't imagine what the family are going through.

< Message edited by Erlenmeyer Flask -- 13/12/2012 12:17:42 PM >

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 3319
RE: The Irish Thread! - 27/1/2013 12:49:12 PM   
Erlenmeyer Flask

Hope they catch the fuckers who killed that Garda.

Post #: 3320
RE: The Irish Thread! - 12/7/2013 2:43:13 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

Bumping this thread for obvious reasons!

What is the view on the legislation being passed? Personally I think it is about time that we legislated for the X case and as I have said before it's just a terrible shame the state killed Savita in order to do it.

I still have a couple of conflicting reservations about the legislation, namely no term limit and the fatal foetal issue however I do accept that as this was legislation on the specific X case, it couldnt be implemented. However all in all its a good start and its good to finally see a Government stand up to the Parish pump, fix the local community centre or you won't get a vote type of polictics that the Irish state has been ruled by since the inception oft he Free State and actually do the right thing.

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

Post #: 3321
RE: The Irish Thread! - 30/7/2013 7:02:02 PM   
Erlenmeyer Flask

It's a small step in the right direction. I have to say, the manner in which a certain section of so-called pro-lifers conducted themselves during the debate was disgraceful.

On another note, very sad about those two boys and also Colm Murray's passing today.

(in reply to Keyser Sozzled)
Post #: 3322
Page:   <<   < prev  107 108 109 110 [111]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: The Irish Thread! Page: <<   < prev  107 108 109 110 [111]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI