Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Pitch Black: Special Edition

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Pitch Black: Special Edition Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pitch Black: Special Edition - 21/4/2006 11:57:47 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Radha Mitchell is amazing(spoiler) - 21/4/2006 11:57:49 PM   
Those_wedontspeak_of

In this film, the effects are amazing, the story is very well planned and full of suspense and the climax is quite satisfying, but what really makes it as incredible as it is, is Radha Mitchell. I think she brilliant portrays Fry as a person tortured by regret.Its really painful at the end, but ultimately uplifting, when she is killed because she knew the risks of leaving the ship but felt she had to try to save the passengers she almost let die earlier to achieve redemption. Pretty complex stuff for a mere sci-fi action movie, which shows it is so much more than that.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Pitch Black - Low Budget = Great Sci Fi - 30/7/2007 1:48:34 PM   
chris welch

Still Vin Deisels best perfomance to date and probably the best Alien's clone we've yet seen. Pitch Black came out of nowhere with a miniscle budget and zero hype. That it did reasonably well on release and even better on rental and sell - through is a testiment to a smart script, impressive creature effects and Diesel's spot on performance as Riddick. A masterpiece in low budget film making and tons better than the semi sequel Chronicles of Riddick. Pitch black is a near classic.

Post #: 3
classic - 14/12/2009 8:22:29 PM   
Smokinator

utterly brilliant and one of my fav films OF ALL TIME

Post #: 4
Vin Diesel = Badass - 11/8/2010 7:12:03 AM   
stevolegendbauer

Pitch Black is equal parts scary, funny, cool and action packed. Vin Diesel is the standout as a complete badass who even has night vision goggles sewn on to his eyeballs. visually stunning, with each of the planets suns shining a different blinding hue into the camera. The last 45 minutes in the darkness is brilliant. You can never know which character will be offed next and where it will come from.

Post #: 5
Meh, but, meh... - 8/5/2012 5:21:57 AM   
YouWillBeUnprepared

I was very put off by the in-your-face effects, which weren't even that great, but helped build something of a homey kind-of feel. Whilst the characters baffer on about how they'll survive, it's a real shame that they missed out on some great oppurtunities for some 'other-wordly' cinematography, and instead, tried to make way for some characters, and use colour filters.

The storyline was average, but what went right about this movie was the suspenseful, build up to the sunset, which even led to the jyrrating horror of walking around in the dark, from which you would think, given the suspense that was used to repell them from ever needing to go into the darkness, would be even more horrifying.

Post #: 6
Meh, but, meh... - 8/5/2012 5:21:58 AM   
YouWillBeUnprepared

I was very put off by the in-your-face effects, which weren't even that great, but helped build something of a homey kind-of feel. Whilst the characters baffer on about how they'll survive, it's a real shame that they missed out on some great oppurtunities for some 'other-wordly' cinematography, and instead, tried to make way for some characters, and use colour filters.

The storyline was average, but what went right about this movie was the suspenseful, build up to the sunset, which even led to the jyrrating horror of walking around in the dark, from which you would think, given the suspense that was used to repell them from ever needing to go into the darkness, would be even more horrifying.

Post #: 7
Stay in the light. - 21/10/2013 10:34:59 AM   
Jericho117

If the whole movie would have been as rich as the last fifty minutes then I would have given it a four, but do to the horrible opening and bad set up that fills up about the whole first hour of the film, I will have to settle on a three. Overall a solid film that is sadly overshadowed by to many problems. If only the first hour would have been as rich as the last fifty minutes ...huh sigh.

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Pitch Black: Special Edition Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI