Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

what the ?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> what the ? Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
what the ? - 5/5/2006 9:23:00 PM   
PIPPA1983

Last weekend my my family and I were looking around for something to see at the cinema. I'm the family film buff so I consulted my oracle ' Empire'. After much umming and aahing we decided on ' Silent Hill'. What a waste of time! First of all the characters were even for a video game adaptation totally unreal and unsympathetic. Comparisons to Lost are futile , atleast that is based in some form of reality and even though it is a head scratcher it doesn't make fidget with severe boredom and frustration. It does not make my head hurt either. Suffice to say we left the cinema baffled, bemused and with sore heads. Confusion aside, the film was incredibly two dimensional in its acting and direction. In short it did not add anything new or exciting to the video game adaption genre. Another thing that we all felt was strange was the films rating. What is a 15 rated film doing with scenes of extreme torture, and over the top religious violence? I am no prude when it comes to ratings so for me to say that is saying something. We all exited the cinema, none the better off, and definitely none the wiser about the film. Although it would be remiss to blame Emire for the ills of this film we all felt very short changed by the review.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 241
What the? - 5/5/2006 9:23:14 PM   
PIPPA1983

Last weekend my my family and I were looking around for something to see at the cinema. I'm the family film buff so I consulted my oracle ' Empire'. After much umming and aahing we decided on ' Silent Hill'. What a waste of time! First of all the characters were even for a video game adaptation totally unreal and unsympathetic. Comparisons to Lost are futile , atleast that is based in some form of reality and even though it is a head scratcher it doesn't make fidget with severe boredom and frustration. It does not make my head hurt either. Suffice to say we left the cinema baffled, bemused and with sore heads. Confusion aside, the film was incredibly two dimensional in its acting and direction. In short it did not add anything new or exciting to the video game adaption genre. Another thing that we all felt was strange was the films rating. What is a 15 rated film doing with scenes of extreme torture, and over the top religious violence? I am no prude when it comes to ratings so for me to say that is saying something. We all exited the cinema, none the better off, and definitely none the wiser about the film. Although it would be remiss to blame Emire for the ills of this film we all felt very short changed by the review

Post #: 242
What the? - 5/5/2006 9:23:45 PM   
PIPPA1983

Last weekend my my family and I were looking around for something to see at the cinema. I'm the family film buff so I consulted my oracle ' Empire'. After much umming and aahing we decided on ' Silent Hill'. What a waste of time! First of all the characters were even for a video game adaptation totally unreal and unsympathetic. Comparisons to Lost are futile , atleast that is based in some form of reality and even though it is a head scratcher it doesn't make fidget with severe boredom and frustration. It does not make my head hurt either. Suffice to say we left the cinema baffled, bemused and with sore heads. Confusion aside, the film was incredibly two dimensional in its acting and direction. In short it did not add anything new or exciting to the video game adaption genre. Another thing that we all felt was strange was the films rating. What is a 15 rated film doing with scenes of extreme torture, and over the top religious violence? I am no prude when it comes to ratings so for me to say that is saying something. We all exited the cinema, none the better off, and definitely none the wiser about the film. Although it would be remiss to blame Emire for the ills of this film we all felt very short changed by the review

Post #: 243
what the ? - 5/5/2006 9:26:33 PM   
PIPPA1983

Last weekend my my family and I were looking around for something to see at the cinema. I'm the family film buff so I consulted my oracle ' Empire'. After much umming and aahing we decided on ' Silent Hill'. What a waste of time! First of all the characters were even for a video game adaptation totally unreal and unsympathetic. Comparisons to Lost are futile , atleast that is based in some form of reality and even though it is a head scratcher it doesn't make fidget with severe boredom and frustration. It does not make my head hurt either. Suffice to say we left the cinema baffled, bemused and with sore heads. Confusion aside, the film was incredibly two dimensional in its acting and direction. In short it did not add anything new or exciting to the video game adaption genre. Another thing that we all felt was strange was the films rating. What is a 15 rated film doing with scenes of extreme torture, and over the top religious violence? I am no prude when it comes to ratings so for me to say that is saying something. We all exited the cinema, none the better off, and definitely none the wiser about the film. Although it would be remiss to blame Emire for the ills of this film we all felt very short changed by the review.

Post #: 244
- 5/5/2006 10:02:32 PM   
PIPPA1983

Sorry about my review getting posted so many times. I had a problem on my browsers and now they seem to have posted it loads of times.

Post #: 245
RE: what the ? - 5/5/2006 10:50:24 PM   
darkwonders

quote:

ORIGINAL: PIPPA1983

once again another example of someone who can't think outside of the box... It seems that a lot of people don't like movies that make them think at the end. And when one that does force them into a corner and make them actually think about it, they get defensive and bash it with a subpar bashing...

(in reply to PIPPA1983)
Post #: 246
terrible - 5/5/2006 11:38:50 PM   
xanderino

i saw silent hill last night, and oh dear god... it was disgusting. i generaly dont get the " you have to be 15 to se bla bla bla " but with this i agree. it was horrilby bloddy and shouldnt be a 15 fucking should be a 18. barbed wire ripping someone appart throught their vagina is not cinema. i hate censorship but this is just mindless violence

Post #: 247
Silent Good... - 6/5/2006 9:10:58 AM   
burgessappleton

quote:

ORIGINAL: xanderino

i saw silent hill last night, and oh dear god... it was disgusting. i generaly dont get the " you have to be 15 to se bla bla bla " but with this i agree. it was horrilby bloddy and shouldnt be a 15 fucking should be a 18. barbed wire ripping someone appart throught their vagina is not cinema. i hate censorship but this is just mindless violence

The barb wire went up her skirt. You didn't see barb wire entering her body through any passage. As for mindless violence, I have to dissagree. There was reason behind the violence, the girl Alessa had mangaged to use Rose to gain access into the church to get her revenge for what they did to her.

Anyway, you complain about the barb wire scene and say it should have been an 18. But i'd just like to complain about your use of language when posting on a forum. I think using 'F' words is not really appropriate, especially if you want to be taken seriously. I'm guessing your probably a school boy/girl???

(in reply to xanderino)
Post #: 248
RE: Silent Good... - 6/5/2006 10:21:47 AM   
sanchia

The implication was clearly that the barbed wire was entering her and since it had gone up her skirt there are only two entry points available.  Whilst it was not shown baltently it was still the case. 

I personally have seen quite a few films which have been 18 Cert that I have felt were too severely rated but for once I do agree that a 15 Cert was too low for this film.  I wonder what would have been required to have made it an 18 Cert after all (Mild Spoilers) there was a child and a woman being burnt alive with scenes of bubbling flesh, a woman having her skin torn off, weird cinder freak children, gallon of blood, a woman being sawn in half with barbed wire and various other scenes.  To quote a my friend who I saw the film with (edited for the sake of burgessappletons sensibilities) "That was one f...ed up film!" And I have to agree with him.  I have played the games and did have a concept of the plot was but still spent half the film wondering what the hell was going on.

Thinking about it if they had thrown in some sex then it probably would have been 18 cert.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to burgessappleton)
Post #: 249
RE: Silent Good... - 6/5/2006 11:15:38 AM   
the_jody

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

The implication was clearly that the barbed wire was entering her and since it had gone up her skirt there are only two entry points available.  Whilst it was not shown baltently it was still the case. 

I personally have seen quite a few films which have been 18 Cert that I have felt were too severely rated but for once I do agree that a 15 Cert was too low for this film.  I wonder what would have been required to have made it an 18 Cert after all (Mild Spoilers) there was a child and a woman being burnt alive with scenes of bubbling flesh, a woman having her skin torn off, weird cinder freak children, gallon of blood, a woman being sawn in half with barbed wire and various other scenes.  To quote a my friend who I saw the film with (edited for the sake of burgessappletons sensibilities) "That was one f...ed up film!" And I have to agree with him.  I have played the games and did have a concept of the plot was but still spent half the film wondering what the hell was going on.

Thinking about it if they had thrown in some sex then it probably would have been 18 cert.

To quote the BBFC's regulations on rating films; for an 18 to be granted over violence, there has to be "extended and graphic depictions of torture, implied or otherwise, and/or glorification of such means", (amongst other things relevant in this category).

Although the most shocking scenes in the film (P. Head's "moment", the Church scenes") stick in your mind, they obviously weren't deemed to fall in this category, to warrant an 18. I think it's testimony to the effectiveness of the director's ability to create shocking scenes to convey a message without resorting to low-grade horror that ends up with an 18 regardless, even if the scenes are less shocking.

There's an episode of Paranoia Agent (manga) which is the most lighthearted of all its episodes that depicts a group of people laughing around and trying to find ways of commiting suicide. It's actually very funny and there is plenty of banter, and this is probably why it was given an 18. There is absoultely zilch bad language/sex etc, but the tone of the film wasn't morally acceptable when dealing with themes of suicide and hence the severe rating.
So the reasons aren't always clear-cut over how a film is rated.

"Get out of my way, I'm fabulous"

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 250
Not so silent.... - 6/5/2006 12:07:01 PM   
alexisreaver2132

Big fan of the silent hill games so was generally excited and eager to see the film version. Was slightly dissappointed with the storyline especially the ending which to me did not make sense. Did like the creatures and the way everything changed into the dark other-world. Sean Bean seemed disconnected from the story, which could of had him searching for his wife in the same reality as opposed to them in alternate worlds. Loved the pyramid head(where did he go?), the nurses in the corridor was very clever. Did quite enjoy the film overall, but still think the film is no where near as good as the games. Still...room for improvement if they do a sequel...

Post #: 251
RE: Silent Good... - 6/5/2006 1:00:13 PM   
sanchia

@ the_jody
I can see your point, looking at it from that perspective I have more understanding of the 15 cert.  Although I still do have doubts, and have always considered myself quite liberal from a ratings perspective.

I now remember why I prefer this forum.  You get well thought out responses and the troll count is significantly lower.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to the_jody)
Post #: 252
RE: Silent Good... - 7/5/2006 12:25:02 PM   
the_jody

Thanks Sanchia; that was nice of you to say.

<feels warm inside>

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 253
Not bad at all - 7/5/2006 2:18:17 PM   
jordie512

For a video game adaption not bad at all.

Post #: 254
RE: Not bad at all - 7/5/2006 7:54:41 PM   
Silent_Bee

Hey everyone! Hey the_jody and burgessappleton!

Well, Silent Bee returns. I have seen the film twice now! And all the people i was with said "oh, it was disgusting and sick!".

Generally, i do find comparisons to LOST to be quite of a similar attribute to have. As in, for me to compare Lost with Silent Hill, would be the same as anyone comparing its level of violence, script, sean beans accent. Because basically all of everybodys views are in relation to something else of a similar media.
If Lost was a two hour film, except just ONE episode in story-time, then people will be equally dissapointed.
Cinema today is, well, basically crap. Most films which are successful have got "hot" people in them, or are strictly overmarketed kids films.
Lets see how superman will do with this new unknown actor.
Toby maguire isnt tipically "hot" but a blend of others, including kirsten dunst make the film more appealing to a wider audience. Had the grudge not of had any HOT actresses etc, or well known actors, it would also be regarded as a crappy horror film with not much of an ending (not that im saying it DIDNT ;) )
If Silent Hill featured similar popular HOT actors etc, people would definately be more leniant with it, because they FEEL they have an understanding with the character already. However, with a pretty new bunch of actors (not in such popular franchises)and with sean bean only being able to act in a tiny part.. people will need to take more time to get used to them. And often, with the craziness of silent hill, people will inevitably rate the film less on that behalf aswell.

Onto the cert 15 side fo things...

This film was a bit too gory for a 15, and it did feature a mature theme (burning people). However, if this was all explicit imagary, it would of been given and 18.
Pretty much there are gory parts, most notably it is more all out gore rather than being used in an explicit context..
For example
Pyramid head, when he tears her skin off... she doesnt writhe in pain, you just see skin tear, blood, thats it.
However, if it had a more EXPLICIT theme, as in if you saw her facial reactions throughout, and you saw her after she was skinned writhing in pain. this is far more explicit.
With the barbed wire in the minge.. it did not show that, you saw it go up her skirt and the blood came down. If she had shouted "aah! my minge!" then this would be rather explicit meaning to where the barbed wire was going. However, she did not, and implicitly it shows just the barbed wire going up her skirt.

The key to getting a 15 and 18 is the explicit and implicit nature of the film. With the monsters, like the janitor, he was barbed up.. however, it did not show him in any kind of pain, neither did it show how he got that way. If you saw him get barbed up, then hes screaming in pain because of the barbed wire... it would be SEEN in a different context. For example , some ratings say that if it isnt implict, then it is up to the viewer to understand and percieve.
Like when a rude joke was told when you were a kid in a film, you wouldnt think anything of it as a kid, but then when you grow up and re-watch it you get to understand the nature of the joke and then it is the PARENT which deems the content too rude for children etc.
With silent hill, easily, it is a 15. however, if you watch a film with cocaine usage, you will see that rating SHOOT up to 18. However, a body launching out barbed wire is slightly un-realistic, and thus the gore is glorified in this manner.

I agree though, it should be an 18, anything with any mature nature, explicit or not, it is made that way for people to understand. And the themes displayed in the film are of a mature nature (man rapes child etc) however un-explicit this is. The ratings are messed up. Take a look at 15s from years ago, nowhere NEAR the stag they are at now!
Have you noticed though, how the ratings soar up when a theme of cultural significance pops up? If say michael jackson was found guilty of molestation at the tiem silent hill was being released. i guarantee that this film would of been moved to a later date, or if not, had the parts removed with any child cruelty or references of it completely.
Oh and pippa1983? Two dimensional? Please understand that the games were this way. and it was the descision of the producers, namely the director to have them act this way. It is a battle between fans of film, and fans of the game.
It is a video game adaption, and almost ALL fans of the game are happy with it. WIth lord of the rings though... i just wish they could replace tolkien with jackson, so at least he could get some credit for his own work! LOL ;)

< Message edited by Silent_Bee -- 8/5/2006 10:05:08 AM >

(in reply to jordie512)
Post #: 255
RE: Not bad at all - 7/5/2006 10:23:49 PM   
sanchia

If she had shouted "aah! my minge!" then this would be rather explicit meaning to where the barbed wire was going.
(Should be in a quote box but for some reason it's disappeared)

And that line would have gone down as one of the greatest lines in cinema history.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 7/5/2006 11:38:00 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Silent_Bee)
Post #: 256
RE: Not bad at all - 8/5/2006 12:18:16 AM   
the_jody

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

If she had shouted "aah! my minge!" then this would be rather explicit meaning to where the barbed wire was going.
(Should be in a quote box but for some reason it's disappeared)

And that line would have gone down as one of the greatest lines in cinema history.

hehehehe! That would have been funny! Silent Bee- you're a comic genius

Just imagine that prim and proper Christabella yelling "My MINGE, MY MINGE!"
Though one of my friends who was watching it with me did say "Jeeze...can't tell if she's in agony or ecstasy..."

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 257
RE: Silent Good... - 8/5/2006 10:53:10 AM   
mcguirk12

Has anyone played the game, course its 'F***** up' its about strange mutants, monsters and a world that doesnt really exist. The games far worse than the film for gore, and what you have to consider is the way the violence was depicted, the burning flesh was reminiscent for me of when Spike died in Buffy the Vampire slayer, the woman being killed by old triangle head was yes disturbing but almost ritual, and the only other alarming bit was when she was killed by being ripped apart seemingly through her vagina-which wasnt terrible i mean it was left for the imagination to decide and it was probably symbolic as the implication for me was that she killed the girl for not having a father thus indirectly accusing her mother of being a 'slapper'  so kill her in the most ironic and degrading way. Maybe she was a virgin too.
Its a 15 but then again The Simpsons is a PG and look and some of the violence that shows that often riles me, look at how scary Harry Potter ws for its certificate, are we not developing so much as an audience now that we have higher thresholds for violence?? It seems the only thing that gets a films to be an 18, is having rape scenes, violence of a real nature-such as in Saw, graphic sex scenes or use of hard drugs, Silent Hill had none of these, afterall they were being killed by creatures that didnt exist thus the violence wouldnt in reality either.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 258
RE: Not bad at all - 8/5/2006 2:58:19 PM   
kenada_woo

Quick review.

AMAZING.   One of the most unique and down right scary horror films I seen in some time.  Mainsteam aint gonna like it and that fine by me.  Superb.

****/***** 

http://dereksdontrunfilms.blogspot.co.uk/

"You bailed out a Jamaican street named Monkey the other day, I want him. This other piece of shit, Screwface, I want him. I know you're a scumbag and a puke, I don't mind that, but give me what I need and I'll leave here a nice guy. If you don't, I'm gonna fuck you up. "

Hatcher. Marked For Death

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 259
RE: Silent Good... - 9/5/2006 12:21:40 AM   
the_jody

quote:

ORIGINAL: mcguirk12

Has anyone played the game, course its 'F***** up' its about strange mutants, monsters and a world that doesnt really exist. The games far worse than the film for gore, and what you have to consider is the way the violence was depicted, the burning flesh was reminiscent for me of when Spike died in Buffy the Vampire slayer, the woman being killed by old triangle head was yes disturbing but almost ritual, and the only other alarming bit was when she was killed by being ripped apart seemingly through her vagina-which wasnt terrible i mean it was left for the imagination to decide and it was probably symbolic as the implication for me was that she killed the girl for not having a father thus indirectly accusing her mother of being a 'slapper'  so kill her in the most ironic and degrading way. Maybe she was a virgin too.
Its a 15 but then again The Simpsons is a PG and look and some of the violence that shows that often riles me, look at how scary Harry Potter ws for its certificate, are we not developing so much as an audience now that we have higher thresholds for violence?? It seems the only thing that gets a films to be an 18, is having rape scenes, violence of a real nature-such as in Saw, graphic sex scenes or use of hard drugs, Silent Hill had none of these, afterall they were being killed by creatures that didnt exist thus the violence wouldnt in reality either.

Um...I get the gist of what you mean, but don't quite think you've nailed it.
First of all; "monsters that don't really exist"...hmmm...debatable that one (don't get me started!!). After all, the woman who got "deboned" by Pyramid Head certainly won't be smilling down on you from heaven when she hears that her monster was "fiction"  It killed her afterall.....

Besides; whether the violence comes from "fictional" monsters or "real ones"; if it's too extreme, it's too extreme, and it would get an 18. A character could be having a horrific dream of being torn limb from limb in graphic, prolonged, gory detail. Even though the scene in question coudl be a dream in the film and therefore not "real" to the character, if it warrants an 18 then it will.

Though i have to agree with others on this board; I'm surprised the film wasn't tagged 18! The implied horror in many scenes was worst than seeing it for real in all the gory detail. Think of the barb wire up the ol' crone's minge...it got us all thinking of how painful that must be

(in reply to mcguirk12)
Post #: 260
RE: Silent Good... - 9/5/2006 3:24:52 AM   
darkwonders

hmm... lol well i'm in the blind being american and all and i don't know all the ratings in different countries.... Cause here it got the second highest rating, R. And I doubt it would be newhere near gory enough to be rated NC-17. so yeah... I'll be going now...

(in reply to the_jody)
Post #: 261
- 9/5/2006 12:29:27 PM   
diablo1000000

I really enjoyed this, and it stayed true to the game. Shame they tried to explain EVERYTHING in the last 20mins though. Oh well.

Post #: 262
Silent Hill - 9/5/2006 5:51:54 PM   
burgessappleton

Been away from my computer for awhile so i missed whats been going on. I haven't got much time to read all the posts but i've noticed that people are comparing Silent Hill with Lost. Can somebody briefly explain how they are being compared???

(in reply to diablo1000000)
Post #: 263
Evil - 11/5/2006 3:06:53 PM   
Darth Lex

Evil is everywhere!!!! A nice thriller.

Post #: 264
Silent Hill - 11/5/2006 4:35:31 PM   
premierbaron

Outstanding movie based on the creepy video game. Easily the best thriller of the year so far!!!! Grade: A-

Post #: 265
RE: Silent Hill - 13/5/2006 7:16:48 PM   
Silent_Bee

Well, lost to silent hill...

I don't know if it was me who started that LOL!

As i see it, lost is intriguing, doesnt explain much, leaves you thinking one thing, and then guessing again every episode. It doesnt have much closure, and doesnt NEED to explain itself alot of the time.
Its generally about characters, if they exist maybe in an alternate world, or just theories like that.

Now, i compared lost again with silent hill because people were saying "hey, film didnt explain much, wasnt scary!". If LOST was made into a film, they couldnt explain the plot of lost in two hours, so they would have to pick a chapter of lost and make THAT into a film.
Inevitably it would have an ending unlike most films out today. Because it is hard to explain the plot of lost in one franchise, plus, fans like lost how it is. If a film adaption opens it out, or makes chapters mroe interesting you will find that a movie adaption of lost would me more appreciated by fans than moviegoers.
SO, for me, an easy way to explain silent hill being the way it is, is because it too is open to plot and theories, the whole mythology and plot is much bigger than to just explain in one film. The plot hasnt even been rounded off yet in the games (going on 5 now!), so if it was to explain it all outright in a film would go against the source material.

Well, there you have it, thats why i compared silent hill to lost. Hope that explains stuff :)

(in reply to premierbaron)
Post #: 266
RE: Silent Hill - 13/5/2006 8:36:45 PM   
furrybastard

Lost is deisgned specifically for TV. Its complexity is a result of this because it allows for more room to devlop plot and characters. If it were turned into a movie, it would be significantly different. In fact it would most likely be nothing like the TV show at all.

Silent Hill is a poorly written, adequately directed film that never escapes the fact that it's a lazy translation of a videogame.

(in reply to Silent_Bee)
Post #: 267
RE: Silent Hill - 14/5/2006 5:26:35 AM   
darkwonders

quote:

ORIGINAL: furrybastard

Lost is deisgned specifically for TV. Its complexity is a result of this because it allows for more room to devlop plot and characters. If it were turned into a movie, it would be significantly different. In fact it would most likely be nothing like the TV show at all.

Silent Hill is a poorly written, adequately directed film that never escapes the fact that it's a lazy translation of a videogame.

The only thing lazy i see about this movie is that they failed to put more creatures into the movie. The creatures in the movie were superbly done. However, a few more would have been a nice addition. I quite liked the movie. Using the score from the video games was a brilliant idea cause if you use your hearing sense more than your sight, you are able to become more immersed into the movie. I think that's a big reason why people who've never played the video game don't realize about the movie. You have to actually listen to the music to have the total silent hill effect. Well at least it's true for me...

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 268
Silent Thrill - 14/5/2006 8:19:08 AM   
burgessappleton

quote:

Are you being serious? Silent Hills script I would say is avarage for a film of this type. However, the way it was shot and directed along with the brilliant music was simply stunning. Definately no lazy translation. All films have there bad points but labelling this film a lazy translation is a bit extreme. Think about this film and then think about the last time you saw something so engaging and suspence driven, it was a treat to see difference instead of the same old same old.
Like darkwonders said 'maybe a few more monsters would have been nice'. Well at least for the mainstream  Oh! And Silent_Bee, thanks for explain your Lost comparison. Cheers!

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 269
RE: Silent Thrill - 14/5/2006 3:32:14 PM   
furrybastard

quote:

ORIGINAL: burgessappleton

quote:

Are you being serious? Silent Hills script I would say is avarage for a film of this type. However, the way it was shot and directed along with the brilliant music was simply stunning. Definately no lazy translation. All films have there bad points but labelling this film a lazy translation is a bit extreme. Think about this film and then think about the last time you saw something so engaging and suspence driven, it was a treat to see difference instead of the same old same old.
Like darkwonders said 'maybe a few more monsters would have been nice'. Well at least for the mainstream  Oh! And Silent_Bee, thanks for explain your Lost comparison. Cheers!

Suspense? You must have drank a lot of coffee before seeing this or something.

It was nicely directed. It was poorly written. And it was a lazy translation because it was really nothing more than collecting the scenes from the videogame and condensing it into 100 minutes. It had no real atmosphere - it felt like you were watching someone play the game, achieving a particular task and moving step by step towards the conclusion (Go to hotel, find key, go to church, find map, blah blah blah). That's lazy. It wasn't remotely engaging. The characters were for the most part empty and a waste of the talent involved. The music was ridiculous and sounded like it would be more suited to a computer game, not a film. They are completely different mediums and certain things work better in one than the other. The screenwriter and director should have known this.

(in reply to burgessappleton)
Post #: 270
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> what the ? Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI