Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Silent over the hill

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Silent over the hill Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Silent over the hill - 29/4/2006 4:56:08 PM   
darkwonders

Oh and for those who didn't like the old movie reel explanation, well then that's just your opinion. I don't think it made the movie bad at all. As I recall, that is exactly how the second game was explained at the end. Different reels were shown depicting James talking to his wife while she was on her deathbed, then smothering her cause he didn't want to be burdened with her constant illness anymore. I'm not sure about the first game, but in the third game, they showed a reel show of Alessa being treated in the hospital and such. So if you don't like it, then I guess you just don't give the time to appreciate different ideas in a movie...

(in reply to darkwonders)
Post #: 211
RE: Silent over the hill - 29/4/2006 5:00:12 PM   
darkwonders

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike TV

quote:

I doubt human instincts would work that way. Oh sure, you can say "I would have found something metal and beat the crap out of any of those creatures." You would have probably been scared shitless from those creatures touching you. The first thing that would probably run through ur mind if it's based on ur instincts is that you really should get the hell out of this place and stay far away from the creatures as possible...

Granted, but a few hundred thousand years of evolutionary instincts would make you want to arm yourself. Running away is all very well and good, but there's no substitute, psychologically speaking, for having something to twat the beasties with, just in case.

I'm not saying she should have gone on a rampage looking for them, just that people, over the course of history, tend to feel much more secure for having a pointy stick or similar ,and having just narrowly escaped being god knows whated by the freaks in the underground, most people would look for something to defend themselves with.

While that's true, that wasn't the point of the movie. It wasn't supposed to be a stupid "find weapon, then kill any creature you see." That was how the fear was instilled into the movie. Rose was unarmed most of the movie, and Cybil only had a gun w/ a few clips. I'm sure that if you just woke up from being in the darkness, you wouldn't want to stay inside for very long. You'd want to bolt out of there and find anyone else to stick w...

(in reply to Mike TV)
Post #: 212
RE: Silent over the hill - 29/4/2006 5:09:57 PM   
the_jody

quote:

ORIGINAL: bobatim

quote:

ORIGINAL: the_jody

quote:

Stepping away from the above conversation which seems to have gotten personal.

It was ok, I'll admit I was expecting more from it with Avary involved but there you go. Things I couldn't understand with minor spoilers.

1. She runs away from the one person with a gun who isn't mental whilst handcuffed? Knowing that she could probably use 1. a gun and 2. both hands free. Silly cow.

2. I'd be carrying a big fucking metal bar about 3 seconds after I woke up in the bowling alley, just in case that fucking siren went off again.

I don't expect the mother to go all Ripley on us, but carrying something to batter the skinless babies with would seem like common sense n'est pas?

Anyway. Distinctly average effort and probably the best game adaption I've seen. But not scary, oh no, not even a bit, the flaying scene was pretty cool though. Especially throwing it against the church door, I near pissed myself laughing when he did that.

Perhaps you didn't pick up on it. The theme that ran throughout the film was that you never really knew whether or not to believe your eyes.
"It's like being on a bad acid trip"; that was a quote from a member of the crew describing the protagonists' mindset. When you're facing things you can't comprehend, you tend to run with your instincts; Roses' was to escape the cop who was trying to capture her, and find her daughter before she meets her doom.
Incidentally; the director's intention on this piece was to show a development and change in the main character's personality; Rose goes from fearful to courageous; Cybil from bolshy and beligerent to helpful and loyal.

The fact you laughed at the "flaying" scene is scary in itself. I think with you in the audience, we'd have all the horror we could want

Jesus the jody can't you chill a bit, i've been reading your posts and it seems like your just not going to let anybody else have an opinion about this movie.
Silent Hill was a fantastic film, i'm a huge fan of the games and I thought the movie was a brilliant adaptation. However, if you have never played the games before it could be quite inaccesible, I saw a few people come out of the film looking a bit confused about the whole shifting of realities. There was a hell of a lot of CGI in the movie, and visually, yes it was stunning but there was a hell of a lot of similarities to other movies, including Hellraiser, this wasn't a bad thing because it was still a really enjoyable movie, maybe it wasn't horror, I'd call it more of a psychological thriller/ dark fantasy, but that isn't a bad thing either.
Just let people think what they want of the film and they'll let you do the same, just because there are people who don't like it, that dosen't mean they're wrong or judging your opinion, so you shouldn't do the same to theirs.
A hell of a lot of people loved Silent Hill, myself included, some people didn't, so what? If we all liked the same films then we wouldn't have much of a forum, would we.

I feel like I'm repeating myself over and over and over.

Why are people so obssessed with believing that I don't value other's opinions even if they are negative?!? If you look back to my other posts I think you'll find time and again that I've stressed this isn't the case; the only things I pick up on are when people are slagging off the film for the sake of it or give c*ap reasoning etc... nothing wrong with having an opinion though.

What's the point of this board otherwise?

"Get out of my way, I'm fabulous"

(in reply to bobatim)
Post #: 213
RE: Silent over the hill - 29/4/2006 5:15:38 PM   
the_jody

quote:

quote:

I doubt human instincts would work that way. Oh sure, you can say "I would have found something metal and beat the crap out of any of those creatures." You would have probably been scared shitless from those creatures touching you. The first thing that would probably run through ur mind if it's based on ur instincts is that you really should get the hell out of this place and stay far away from the creatures as possible...

Granted, but a few hundred thousand years of evolutionary instincts would make you want to arm yourself. Running away is all very well and good, but there's no substitute, psychologically speaking, for having something to twat the beasties with, just in case.

I'm not saying she should have gone on a rampage looking for them, just that people, over the course of history, tend to feel much more secure for having a pointy stick or similar ,and having just narrowly escaped being god knows whated by the freaks in the underground, most people would look for something to defend themselves with.

Again, this is just your opinion. Valid and beautiful as it is.

I personally would run as fast as my legs would carry me.  After all, despite our, as you say "evolutionary instincts" (?!?!?!?!!?!) we're still programmed to "fight or flight" when the adrenaline kicks in.

What if hitting the beasites provoked them? That's the kind of question that hung in my mind when I was watching those scenes..

(in reply to Mike TV)
Post #: 214
RE: Silent over the hill - 29/4/2006 5:20:57 PM   
bobatim

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: bobatim

quote:

quote:

Stepping away from the above conversation which seems to have gotten personal.

It was ok, I'll admit I was expecting more from it with Avary involved but there you go. Things I couldn't understand with minor spoilers.

1. She runs away from the one person with a gun who isn't mental whilst handcuffed? Knowing that she could probably use 1. a gun and 2. both hands free. Silly cow.

2. I'd be carrying a big fucking metal bar about 3 seconds after I woke up in the bowling alley, just in case that fucking siren went off again.

I don't expect the mother to go all Ripley on us, but carrying something to batter the skinless babies with would seem like common sense n'est pas?

Anyway. Distinctly average effort and probably the best game adaption I've seen. But not scary, oh no, not even a bit, the flaying scene was pretty cool though. Especially throwing it against the church door, I near pissed myself laughing when he did that.

Perhaps you didn't pick up on it. The theme that ran throughout the film was that you never really knew whether or not to believe your eyes.
"It's like being on a bad acid trip"; that was a quote from a member of the crew describing the protagonists' mindset. When you're facing things you can't comprehend, you tend to run with your instincts; Roses' was to escape the cop who was trying to capture her, and find her daughter before she meets her doom.
Incidentally; the director's intention on this piece was to show a development and change in the main character's personality; Rose goes from fearful to courageous; Cybil from bolshy and beligerent tohelpful and loyal.

The fact you laughed at the "flaying" scene is scary in itself. Ithink with you in the audience, we'd have all the horror we could want

Jesus the jody can't you chill a bit, i've been reading your posts and it seems like your just not going to let anybody else have an opinion about this movie.
Silent Hill was a fantastic film, i'm a huge fan of the games and I thought the movie was a brilliant adaptation. However, if you have never played the games before it could be quite inaccesible, I saw a few people come out of the film looking a bit confused about the whole shifting of realities. There was a hell of a lot of CGI in the movie, and visually, yes it was stunning but there was a hell of a lot of similarities to other movies, including Hellraiser, this wasn't a bad thing because it was still a really enjoyable movie, maybe it wasn't horror, I'd call it more of a psychological thriller/ dark fantasy, but that isn't a bad thing either.
Just let people think what they want of the film and they'll let you do the same, just because there are people who don't like it, that dosen't mean they're wrong or judging your opinion, so you shouldn't do the same to theirs.
A hell of a lot of people loved Silent Hill, myself included, some people didn't, so what? If we all liked the same films then we wouldn't have much of a forum, would we.

I feel like I'm repeating myself over and over and over.

Why are people so obssessed with believing that I don't value other's opinions even if they are negative?!? If you look back to my other posts I think you'll find time and again that I've stressed this isn't the case; the only things I pick up on are when people are slagging off the film for the sake of it or give c*ap reasoning etc... nothing wrong with having an opinion though.

What's the point of this board otherwise?

Thats the whole reason people think you don't value other opinions, who are you to decide that their reasons for disliking it are crap? I bet you would be really upset if people thought your reasons for liking it were crap.

I agree with the last part though. Nothing wrong at all with having an opinion. Sorry if i've been a bit harsh on you. I just get on my soap box sometimes. we should be discussing why we loved the movie. For me it was for it's faithfullness to the games, unlike say Tomb raider or Streetfighter.

Is he died?

www.penultimateuniverse.blogspot.com

(in reply to the_jody)
Post #: 215
RE: Silent over the hill - 29/4/2006 5:21:07 PM   
the_jody

quote:

ORIGINAL: darkwonders

Oh and for those who didn't like the old movie reel explanation, well then that's just your opinion. I don't think it made the movie bad at all. As I recall, that is exactly how the second game was explained at the end. Different reels were shown depicting James talking to his wife while she was on her deathbed, then smothering her cause he didn't want to be burdened with her constant illness anymore. I'm not sure about the first game, but in the third game, they showed a reel show of Alessa being treated in the hospital and such. So if you don't like it, then I guess you just don't give the time to appreciate different ideas in a movie...

I totally agree with this.
There were many instances before the ending which gave clues and hints throughout the film so that when more of the backstory was shown, things did fit into place. Like darkwonders says; in the games, SH2 showed Jame's wife dying in her deathbed and the terrible secret was revealed; but them all the other occurances within the game suddenly made sense and you knew they were there for a purpose.

That for me was thrilling

Post #: 216
RE: Silent over the hill - 29/4/2006 6:31:36 PM   
Sally_Ragdoll

I didn't really like the film, but i guess it's because I've never played the game and so I don't appreciate it as much as others. The part I enjoyed the most was the 10 second clip of Johnny Cash's 'Ring of Fire'. I was also disappointed that they killed Cybil (she was my favourite character)...
Can someone explain the ending to me, I didn't get it...(I'm thick, I know...)

*The Aerosmith Chick*

(in reply to the_jody)
Post #: 217
Tool - 29/4/2006 11:43:36 PM   
bittersweet

It was like totally awesome so like get over it and see it.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 218
RE: Tool - 30/4/2006 2:03:01 AM   
Silent_Bee

The Silent_Bee returns in text form!

Well, there has been a lot of arguing here!! (in the words of Keanu Reeves...) "WOAH"!

I dont quite know where to start commenting etc, so I will just spout stuff as usual. Right, I think maybe sometimes Rose SHOULD of had a weapon..
I've been thinking about this for a while.. Had the film of been created by an American, the Heroine would probably of had a nice collections of guns, and also a scene of pointing at Pyramid Head saying "You got youre point, now DIE MOTHER HUBBARD!"
Or something like that.
The various dissapointment with Rose not having a gun. For me, it only goes to show how relevant guns are in today's society. So much so that had a hero or an action film NOT have included firing of weapons from a hero/heroine or enemy, then the film generally would be slated because of it... I'm glad that Rose didn't have a weapon, because frankly if I had been chased by skinned babies, the only thing i would be carrying is replacement skin grafts for them! LOL
Seriously though, some people expect action films to have usage of guns. For me, Silent Hill used guns and poles to keep it gory and to make it more playable. It wasn't a key part of the game, you can run past most of the enemies.
And as part of the mythology.. like i mentioned before, the monsters may be percieved to others not as monsters.. so under it all, there may be a reason why she didn't want to shoot anything or batter anything.

And besides, not every given situation would there be a handy nail and a bit of wood lying around.. or a gun with several magazines, or "hey, i know, i will take this plumbing, and use it as a weapon to save my daughter!"
Well, im sure there are LOADS of  you who think otherwise.
One of my main thoughts about why guns weren't used by Rose (and other weapons) was to keep her as feminine and mother-like as possible. Had she gone all "Ripley" on us, i think it would turn in to many films which we had seen before.

But anyways!
Lot's of people write in here things like "worst film EVER!". Im sure it is a nice and honest review. But for someone to say that and then literally read "BEST FILM EVER" kinds of things next post down.. for a user document on how much we like or hate the film, some comments are at worst, not exactly comments, but rather to irritate people.
I mean, I would'nt go onto a PSP forum and say "DS is better!" without expecting some person to banter back at me. So, The_Jody, i can understand why you would reply to other people in such ways. And also i can understand why other people would want to come in and slate the film! I mean, i can't compare say, Groundhog day to Silent Hill... and I can't really compare anything to Silent Hill really! Because as a nostalgic thing, and something I am a fan of, i think the film is a faithful telling of the story which sticks to the game, and im happy with it.
However, you can't please everyone!

Here's hoping for some detailed reviews and thoughts about this movie! If you hate it, literally, and you come in here and moan, please take the time to find some really witty and cleaver words and some harsh humour or something, so we can read a negative review, understand it, and enjoy reading it as much as a positive one :) I kinda come here to see peoples responses of the film. I constantly ask people if they have seen it, and what did they think and all that.
Pretty much everyone says the same things. Its neither bad nor really good. But i never really heard it compared to the things mentioned here! Which is good in a way ;)

I have written a positive review, and I would really like someone to challenge it by writing an equal length and detailed NEGATIVE review ;) Hey, it could be fun! Heck if none of you do it then I would have to ! LOL

Anyway, that's enough philisophy from me! (hoo harr!)
And now i return to my normal self ;)

I like this film alot, so much so that i would like to se it again. However, i will only go in the evening this time, and with a whole new group of friends so i can hear their reactions, which is one of the reasons why i like the whole Silent Hill thing in the first place :)

Hey, does anyone know of anyone who is doing a partition or vote or something asking companies and KONAMI to make Silent Hill figures? I know mcfarlane toys made Metal Gear Solid figures...
I hope Akira Yamaoka didn't say "no, no toys". Or something like that...
At this moment, im here, hoping for some great reviews than the main one on this site! Because it's always good to see the reactions to the film. Well, especially for me. :)

(in reply to bittersweet)
Post #: 219
RE: Tool - 30/4/2006 2:40:30 AM   
Silent_Bee

oh yes, i remember now why  wanted to post! Sorry, i just blabbed again :(

Hey there sally ragdoll! I guess the film DID have some effect on you even though you didnt really like it. Because you were dissapointed when Cybil died! I really liked the jonny cash bit aswell, i just wish there were some more nice touches in it like that.

Hey did anyone else laugh when that wierd girl (who threw stones at dahlia) jumped into the shot after cybil and rose jumped across to the next building?
If it WAS just me who found that funny, i guess it was unintentionally funny. But again, thats another thing i think which was missing from the film.
The more i think about the film, the more i think of subtle bits which could of made the film MUCH better.

Presonally, this is my view of things they should of had, and shouldnt of had (if any of you are interested!)

Everything was going good, until the little girl said "silent hilllll Silent Hiilllll". heh heh heh Nah, ok, seriously, it should of featured them at their home so you could get to know them a bit more. Seeming as it is about the characters mainly anyways.

Everytime i saw Cybil (especially the first time) in the full-on cop outfit, i kept hearing the quotes "GET OUT!" and "Hey, that's a nice bike!". Oh, and to finish it off "Have you seen John Connor?"

I think Sean Beans character should of had a completely cool parralell story. For example, instead of doing what he was doing, how about HE was the one which was going insane... And getting help from officer gucci, but officer gucci was LURING him into certain parts of the town so that he wouldnt ...er..  ok never mind.. Now i see why they just left it as it was ! LOL

I really think the skinned babies shouldnt of burned, well, at least have burning ambers on them almost all the time. Ended up looking at that more than their really creepy faces. Plus, overhead shots of lots of them really took away the scaryness and the closed allyway like in the first game!

I really did like the touches of the jonny cash song. In the game, harry mason wakes in a cafe, and i was waiting for her to wake in the same way. It was awesome how they mixed a bit of humour, real life and a unique way of "waking up" in that scene.

I think the guys in the masks and the bird in the cage should of had more of a creepy lead up. You saw one hung up already. And it would of been cool to of had a nice scary moment of one chasing rose, and then two... and then three.. Instead of "who are they?" RUN! kind of thing. Makes it like shes running from absolutely everything. The idea of silent hill is of repulsion and attraction. And if she ran away at everything before discovering it, it takes away the attraction.. for me at least.

There should of definately DEFINATELY had a lead up to the pyramid head guy! I mean, you know in alien 1 when you think a pipe is the alien head? Similar thing could of been done here. Or like when rose is running away from the masked guys with the bird cages, she would hide in, say, a locker for example. And instead of THEM bursting through the door (as you may expect) it would be the pyramid head... lurking around the room.
It would just make the whole thing with him a lot more tense until you are finally chased down by him.
I think also, a bit more back story to the pyramid head guy could of been in order, to make him even more terrifying the next time you see him.
Like, a good part would be.. they are running to their destination.. getting through thick and thin, (like when rose got to the nurses) the LEAST expected dead end would be.... pyamid head standing there with his knife. And then they turn and RUN back down the corridor and he just walks after them dragging the knife... very creepy to me.

Some more puzzles would of been good, you know, fitting in puzzles to unlock story, instead of it being explained all the time. It was good when they were looking for room 111.. but having the freak girl there explaining it took away some of the mystery. And i found that i was wondering more about what and WHY she was saying that stuff, more than what the heck the door was behind that painting for ! But again, thats just me ;)

A few more references to why weapons werent used. Or at least, if cybil managed to get a shot-gun, only have TWO shells. Both of them would do nothing to pyramid head of course, and when the two are used up. Some dialogue like "YOU DONT HAVE MORE AMMO?!" and cybil might retort in a realistic manner, sarcastically aswell ;) something to give them more reason to run.

ANOTHER thing i would of liked removed was ALL the people in the church. They werent in the game, didnt need to be in the film.
It would be nice to of had JUST the lady there and maybe one or two characters (especially the one who got skinned LOL, just for that part) and they were like "waiting for the others to arive" or something like that. Would of given it a bit more of a creepy closure. As opposed to "hey, we are like the only people in this town, and all of us are freaky, hense now that you have seen us, you pretty much dont find the town scary anymore do you?!!? WAAHAH! oh, and with our eerie powers, we have removed from your memory all recollection of what just happened in the last hour!!!! HEHEHEHEHEH"

Well, stuff like that would of made the film a bit better. Nothing really different though, just some MORE bits. And some LESS... lol.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts by the way! And if you have some pointers which you think the film should of had (except pin-head of course)  ;) please post them coz it would be vastly interesting to see how youre perception and creativity can be!

The Bee that is Silent

(in reply to Silent_Bee)
Post #: 220
Silent Again!!! - 1/5/2006 4:02:47 PM   
burgessappleton

quote:

ORIGINAL: Silent_Bee

oh yes, i remember now why  wanted to post! Sorry, i just blabbed again :(

Hey there sally ragdoll! I guess the film DID have some effect on you even though you didnt really like it. Because you were dissapointed when Cybil died! I really liked the jonny cash bit aswell, i just wish there were some more nice touches in it like that.

Hey did anyone else laugh when that wierd girl (who threw stones at dahlia) jumped into the shot after cybil and rose jumped across to the next building?
If it WAS just me who found that funny, i guess it was unintentionally funny. But again, thats another thing i think which was missing from the film.
The more i think about the film, the more i think of subtle bits which could of made the film MUCH better.

Presonally, this is my view of things they should of had, and shouldnt of had (if any of you are interested!)

Everything was going good, until the little girl said "silent hilllll Silent Hiilllll". heh heh heh Nah, ok, seriously, it should of featured them at their home so you could get to know them a bit more. Seeming as it is about the characters mainly anyways.

Everytime i saw Cybil (especially the first time) in the full-on cop outfit, i kept hearing the quotes "GET OUT!" and "Hey, that's a nice bike!". Oh, and to finish it off "Have you seen John Connor?"

I think Sean Beans character should of had a completely cool parralell story. For example, instead of doing what he was doing, how about HE was the one which was going insane... And getting help from officer gucci, but officer gucci was LURING him into certain parts of the town so that he wouldnt ...er..  ok never mind.. Now i see why they just left it as it was ! LOL

I really think the skinned babies shouldnt of burned, well, at least have burning ambers on them almost all the time. Ended up looking at that more than their really creepy faces. Plus, overhead shots of lots of them really took away the scaryness and the closed allyway like in the first game!

I really did like the touches of the jonny cash song. In the game, harry mason wakes in a cafe, and i was waiting for her to wake in the same way. It was awesome how they mixed a bit of humour, real life and a unique way of "waking up" in that scene.

I think the guys in the masks and the bird in the cage should of had more of a creepy lead up. You saw one hung up already. And it would of been cool to of had a nice scary moment of one chasing rose, and then two... and then three.. Instead of "who are they?" RUN! kind of thing. Makes it like shes running from absolutely everything. The idea of silent hill is of repulsion and attraction. And if she ran away at everything before discovering it, it takes away the attraction.. for me at least.

There should of definately DEFINATELY had a lead up to the pyramid head guy! I mean, you know in alien 1 when you think a pipe is the alien head? Similar thing could of been done here. Or like when rose is running away from the masked guys with the bird cages, she would hide in, say, a locker for example. And instead of THEM bursting through the door (as you may expect) it would be the pyramid head... lurking around the room.
It would just make the whole thing with him a lot more tense until you are finally chased down by him.
I think also, a bit more back story to the pyramid head guy could of been in order, to make him even more terrifying the next time you see him.
Like, a good part would be.. they are running to their destination.. getting through thick and thin, (like when rose got to the nurses) the LEAST expected dead end would be.... pyamid head standing there with his knife. And then they turn and RUN back down the corridor and he just walks after them dragging the knife... very creepy to me.

Some more puzzles would of been good, you know, fitting in puzzles to unlock story, instead of it being explained all the time. It was good when they were looking for room 111.. but having the freak girl there explaining it took away some of the mystery. And i found that i was wondering more about what and WHY she was saying that stuff, more than what the heck the door was behind that painting for ! But again, thats just me ;)

A few more references to why weapons werent used. Or at least, if cybil managed to get a shot-gun, only have TWO shells. Both of them would do nothing to pyramid head of course, and when the two are used up. Some dialogue like "YOU DONT HAVE MORE AMMO?!" and cybil might retort in a realistic manner, sarcastically aswell ;) something to give them more reason to run.

ANOTHER thing i would of liked removed was ALL the people in the church. They werent in the game, didnt need to be in the film.
It would be nice to of had JUST the lady there and maybe one or two characters (especially the one who got skinned LOL, just for that part) and they were like "waiting for the others to arive" or something like that. Would of given it a bit more of a creepy closure. As opposed to "hey, we are like the only people in this town, and all of us are freaky, hense now that you have seen us, you pretty much dont find the town scary anymore do you?!!? WAAHAH! oh, and with our eerie powers, we have removed from your memory all recollection of what just happened in the last hour!!!! HEHEHEHEHEH"

Well, stuff like that would of made the film a bit better. Nothing really different though, just some MORE bits. And some LESS... lol.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts by the way! And if you have some pointers which you think the film should of had (except pin-head of course)  ;) please post them coz it would be vastly interesting to see how youre perception and creativity can be!

The Bee that is Silent

Wow! Nice little write up again Silent Bee. Well I went to Silent Hill again, and I enjoyed it just as much as the first time. Anyway, I just want to comment on a few of Silent Bees ideas.
  • I think Sharon screaming "Silent Hill" in her sleeps works well. Its very unsettling and disturbing, feelings which the game evokes.
  • I agree about the Miners having more of a lead up, but then again it adds to the unsettling, disturbing and intense world of Silent Hill. 
  • As a Silent Hill I didn't think the Pyramid Head needed more of a build up to his appearance, maybe for those who are so clued up about Silent Hill. However, I think we could have done with one more Pyramid Head scene. Definately one more... Hehee!

And anyway, I'm still sticking to my 4 star rating. Maybe for the none fans i'd give it 3.5... But hell its a brilliant fun experience. Well its not every day you get to see people getting f**ked up with barb wire... 

(in reply to Silent_Bee)
Post #: 221
RE: Silent Hill - 1/5/2006 8:38:44 PM   
Movie Dude

saw it yesterday, and i still cant understand what they spent 50million dollars on...oh yeah it also put me to sleep.
the film spent too much time on the build-up.

Post #: 222
RE: Silent Hill - 1/5/2006 10:07:50 PM   
darkwonders

quote:

ORIGINAL: Movie Dude

saw it yesterday, and i still cant understand what they spent 50million dollars on...oh yeah it also put me to sleep.
the film spent too much time on the build-up.

And if I guess that you're the type who likes nonstop action, would i be close? Could I also guess that you're not the type who will spend time reading a long novel? Not every film has to be fast paced to keep your attention... I think that's the sad thing about today's society. People like movies where something different happens every 5 seconds... No one has a long attention span anymore which is really quite sad.

(in reply to Movie Dude)
Post #: 223
RE: Silent Hill - 1/5/2006 10:43:07 PM   
Silent_Bee

Hey Movie dude, which part did you fall asleep on? I watched Citizen Kane a few months ago, and I feel assleep in that. Right after the part where he had a party in the office, and i woke up during an argument in their apartment... SO about half an hour sleep really.
Even though it has like 100% critics reviews... positive ones... and its slated as probably the best film ever made. Yet, it made me sleep... and i wasnt even tired!!! Sleep isn't quite a bad thing though I suppose, i mean, i love sleep. So i thank Citizen Kane for giving me a pleasurable time ;)

Anyways, how would you know if it spent too much time on build up if you were asleep? Have you played the games before?
I can understand how the film can become a bit boring you know. I was a bit bored during the EXPLANATION part... and when it got back to the story again, i found it totally un-scary after that. And i was thinking "is it over yet?"
at the end though, especially after the things which happen AFTER the explanation part, i found that it was rather interesting.
I love films which make you have a good think about it. And not only that, but offer many oppertunities to make you think "hey, i wonder if it was ME who was there instead of Rose..." and also, "ooh! its fogy out today!!" and things like that, even without the film being ultimately scry in the first place !

I lived in a town quite similar to silent hill, and during the time when the 1st game came out.. coincidentally the only game i rented 5 times... everytime it became foggy, walked or looked down an alleyway etc... Silent Hill still lurks in my mind.
Everytime i see and elevator, fence, dog, nurse, hospital, school, running child, 4x4, signs saying "brahms", female bike cops, dogs with heads which split, egyptian pyamids..., janitors, torches, oh and now bonfires... I think of Silent Hill. And to me that is more freaky and scary than a man with a chainsaw or something going bump in the night etc.
For me, i found that if you watch the film at night, and sit with a packed audience which isnt chavs or anyone stupid, and watched a REALLY late showing, then went to sleep in an empty house.. the silent hill experience would be vastly different.

As say, opposed to the usual "i went to see it like, with a couple of mates like innit... at 9 o clock like... i forgot to turn my phone off, so text my mate to see if he liked the film or not like innit. HE said it was pretty crap like! Then after locating my burberry hat, i noticed the monsters and stuff. But it wasn't scary like at all innit! Don't know what it was about. Maybe if Paris Hilton was in it, it would of been better. Plus, why didn't they have a techno soundtrack like Blade?! Or have American Idiot playing in some scenes, it IS set in america after all innit!"

but hey, again thats just me thinking ;)

Bee Silent

Post #: 224
RE: Silent Hill - 1/5/2006 11:19:50 PM   
Silent_Bee

burgessappleton! I like ur coments! again!  ;)

I cant remember what rating i gave it, somewhere between 0 and 5 anyway ;)

Having a lead up to the miners would of been good, however as you say, it does make the film alot less like others! I mean, it would be like a creepier terminator 2 film or something. You know, if every character had a lead up it would be pretty crap in a way, because it would ultimately be a completely different film.

The game always had monsters which like, had no reason to be there, and were never explained why they were there in the first place... fair enough "to witness the birth of paradise" or something like that. I wouldnt think a dog with a split head would care too much about that though...
Silent Hill, for me, is all about experiencing something inside it. Not having sequel after sequel of stuff like "HES BACK!" or "THEY ARE BACK!"...
I like the film mainly because its just wierd, and the games are exactly that. I think though many people are SO used to watching films with alot of closure and all that, they just leave the cinema going "jurrasic park was better...."
The ending was great for me. Plus had the film of had the things i wanted to see, it would of been very different. For example, if pyramd head had a lead up, it would make HIM out to be a predominant character. Whereas the film is called SILENT HILL, and not pyramid head...

Im glad the film is how it is! And its a perfect telling of the story. I don't wish it to be changed because it is a wonderful re-telling of the story. And i actually MUCH preffer it to the first games story. I never liked the "birth the demon" thing very much anyway. and having the whole "kill the innocent" thing going on, it makes much more sense now.

I also like the fact that the evil is free to roam in silent hill at the end too!

For a sequel, i dont think Sean Bean will return. I am currently trying to make a screenplay for a sequel. Because YEARS ago, i wrote a screenplay for a new silent hill game and film. It was called "WELCOME TO SILENT HILL". It was essencially, the film would tell the story of the male character, and the game would tell the story of the female. And BOTH of them entered silent hill at the same time.
I thought it was pretty good. But then i heard that a movie was being made... so i just stopped and never finished. Dang, that was ages ago now!
So im adapting those things to the second one, and hopefully post it somewhere that Gans can take a read maybe, and take some ideas out of it and use for the greater good!

The sequel, i dont think, would feature sean bean at all. However, he MAY return as like a dead body or something... who knows.
Right, so i was thinking more along the lines of, three people missing, those would be Sharon, Christopher and Rose. Now, Rose's sister, and her fiance go to their home. The home had been cleared out of all evidence that christopher had collected, except a secret box hidden away... They find no clues however, just a book of names.

So they go to the police, officer gucci does nothing again. But his name is familiar somehow.. so they carry on with their journey. This time though, they come prepared! The sister is quite religious, and it is because of her religion that rose and her had become seperated and went different ways.
The fiance is merely tagging along because he would never and has never won an argument with her in his life.
Eventually they get to silent hill. Its not foggy though. And its all pretty normal actually! There are some places open for business and all that. Infact, its quite a busstling town again! (well, it HAS been 2 years since rose etc went missing!)
So, they decide to conduct their search... during their search, they wonder what happened to the town. They heard rumours that it was a ghost town, and there was a fire and all that. but everyone in the town kind of denies it, and even people on the out-skirts. Eventually, everything, every record is removed of silent hill ever being wierd or anything like that! Its a bustling tourist town! sort of anyways... infact, not many tourists are there! all people who are there live there..
Anyway, their search takes them to a Mall.. and you can guess what happens there right? yep, it all goes a bit wierd. but only to one of the characters (the man, the fiance to the sister!). Hes beginning to go slightly insane with all this stuff.
And well, the search goes on really.. And then, the story switches to other people going to the town for some reason, and some go their by accident (wrong turning, car runs out of fuel and need to find the nearest gas station etc). But essencially, everyone there ends up having a link with all the people who went there.
Alessa wants some of them to be as high priests and priestesses to carry out her revenge. In effect, they act in her name, for her. Like pyramid head does really... so in effect, they are chosen to become things LIKE pyramid head etc. But only if they choose to. But the choice isnt so clear!

Eventually, the story will mix between that, and alot of other reasons.
Anyway, thats what im working on right now. I kind of do this as a hobby, so yeah, i am a bit sad in that respect LOL!
Burgessappleton! if you hav any ideas, please let me know! Also, if you didnt like what i wrote, let me know! ;)

Bilent See

(in reply to Silent_Bee)
Post #: 225
Silent Hill - 2/5/2006 7:05:11 AM   
burgessappleton

quote:

ORIGINAL: Silent_Bee

burgessappleton! I like ur coments! again!  ;)

I cant remember what rating i gave it, somewhere between 0 and 5 anyway ;)

Having a lead up to the miners would of been good, however as you say, it does make the film alot less like others! I mean, it would be like a creepier terminator 2 film or something. You know, if every character had a lead up it would be pretty crap in a way, because it would ultimately be a completely different film.

The game always had monsters which like, had no reason to be there, and were never explained why they were there in the first place... fair enough "to witness the birth of paradise" or something like that. I wouldnt think a dog with a split head would care too much about that though...
Silent Hill, for me, is all about experiencing something inside it. Not having sequel after sequel of stuff like "HES BACK!" or "THEY ARE BACK!"...
I like the film mainly because its just wierd, and the games are exactly that. I think though many people are SO used to watching films with alot of closure and all that, they just leave the cinema going "jurrasic park was better...."
The ending was great for me. Plus had the film of had the things i wanted to see, it would of been very different. For example, if pyramd head had a lead up, it would make HIM out to be a predominant character. Whereas the film is called SILENT HILL, and not pyramid head...

Im glad the film is how it is! And its a perfect telling of the story. I don't wish it to be changed because it is a wonderful re-telling of the story. And i actually MUCH preffer it to the first games story. I never liked the "birth the demon" thing very much anyway. and having the whole "kill the innocent" thing going on, it makes much more sense now.

I also like the fact that the evil is free to roam in silent hill at the end too!

For a sequel, i dont think Sean Bean will return. I am currently trying to make a screenplay for a sequel. Because YEARS ago, i wrote a screenplay for a new silent hill game and film. It was called "WELCOME TO SILENT HILL". It was essencially, the film would tell the story of the male character, and the game would tell the story of the female. And BOTH of them entered silent hill at the same time.
I thought it was pretty good. But then i heard that a movie was being made... so i just stopped and never finished. Dang, that was ages ago now!
So im adapting those things to the second one, and hopefully post it somewhere that Gans can take a read maybe, and take some ideas out of it and use for the greater good!

The sequel, i dont think, would feature sean bean at all. However, he MAY return as like a dead body or something... who knows.
Right, so i was thinking more along the lines of, three people missing, those would be Sharon, Christopher and Rose. Now, Rose's sister, and her fiance go to their home. The home had been cleared out of all evidence that christopher had collected, except a secret box hidden away... They find no clues however, just a book of names.

So they go to the police, officer gucci does nothing again. But his name is familiar somehow.. so they carry on with their journey. This time though, they come prepared! The sister is quite religious, and it is because of her religion that rose and her had become seperated and went different ways.
The fiance is merely tagging along because he would never and has never won an argument with her in his life.
Eventually they get to silent hill. Its not foggy though. And its all pretty normal actually! There are some places open for business and all that. Infact, its quite a busstling town again! (well, it HAS been 2 years since rose etc went missing!)
So, they decide to conduct their search... during their search, they wonder what happened to the town. They heard rumours that it was a ghost town, and there was a fire and all that. but everyone in the town kind of denies it, and even people on the out-skirts. Eventually, everything, every record is removed of silent hill ever being wierd or anything like that! Its a bustling tourist town! sort of anyways... infact, not many tourists are there! all people who are there live there..
Anyway, their search takes them to a Mall.. and you can guess what happens there right? yep, it all goes a bit wierd. but only to one of the characters (the man, the fiance to the sister!). Hes beginning to go slightly insane with all this stuff.
And well, the search goes on really.. And then, the story switches to other people going to the town for some reason, and some go their by accident (wrong turning, car runs out of fuel and need to find the nearest gas station etc). But essencially, everyone there ends up having a link with all the people who went there.
Alessa wants some of them to be as high priests and priestesses to carry out her revenge. In effect, they act in her name, for her. Like pyramid head does really... so in effect, they are chosen to become things LIKE pyramid head etc. But only if they choose to. But the choice isnt so clear!

Eventually, the story will mix between that, and alot of other reasons.
Anyway, thats what im working on right now. I kind of do this as a hobby, so yeah, i am a bit sad in that respect LOL!
Burgessappleton! if you hav any ideas, please let me know! Also, if you didnt like what i wrote, let me know! ;)

Bilent See

Hi Silent Bee, only got time to have a quick read of what you wrote. Will comment on it properly tonight. Anyway, about the sequel. Before people get too excited (don't wanna get my hopes up too much) I don't think they will consider a sequel until after the DVD release. The film cost around 50 million to make but I don't think they've made that back yet so there not gonna want to rush in with new material. However, I do think the film will do above average for sales on DVD.

(in reply to Silent_Bee)
Post #: 226
Average chills and dodgy American accent from Sean Bean - 2/5/2006 11:14:31 AM   
Gold Digger

Never played the game but after watching this I'm glad. It wasn't bad but it just didn't feel as unsettling as it should have for me. Plus what is going on with that ending? When did the woman and child die in order to become ghosts and why? And is the car a ghost too?

Post #: 227
RE: Average chills and dodgy American accent from Sean ... - 2/5/2006 4:11:15 PM   
Silent_Bee

SIlent Hill is open to many ideas, and it's because it is so open, that it is such a huge cult fan base.
You can think "oh, so they were dead then?"... but then a new story appears and gives you more to think about.
SIlent Hill has so many different layers, that just saying "so, they are dead?" MAy be one possible theory, but if anyone has ever watched LOST, im sure there are more layers to Silent Hill than many other stories out right now.

You see, Silent Hill is a very peculiar place, it's seen by some as a "tourist town" then by others it is a place of death. Depending on how youre life is, SIlent Hill can been percieved in many ways.
The films aim was to re-create the game experience on film. And keep faithful to the plot without toning it down too much that it makes it bland.
On one side, Silent Hill is all about Alessa and her REVENGE... but then, on another side, you have this ghostly part (fog and all that).
Silent Hill, being in different layers, for example, you have the TOURIST TOWN layer, where people think Silent Hill is fine, and just a normal town. Then you have the FOG COVERED TOWN where its desolate and monsters lurk around.
Then you have a NON foggy town, except there are no people around or anything like that (usually dark, but not hellish). And finally you have the HELLISH OTHER-WORLD TOWN, where its being enshrouded in darkness.

In the end, the characters still exist in the FOGGY state, so really i would think about why they are there, and not in the other layers.. etc.
Or another good thing to think about is why Christopher is alone, and still not searching them out etc. Because the film ended with such open closure, it once again leaves you thinking loads of things.

And its exactly that which people keep anticipating the next Silent Hill for.
As games, they never explained very much, but with each chapter, you see it from a different angle and become to figure it out for yourself. Just like LOST does on TV.
A lot of people don't like this approach. I think of anything Silent Hill (except comics..) as part of the entire Silent Hill mythology. Just like a new episode of Invasion, or LOST opens out some new answers, but never revealing too much.

The only way i can explain it, (anyone ever watch twin peaks?) is that if an episode of LOST was created into a film, people would say "hey! so like, are they dead on the island then?".
As a film, to pick one chapter out of that story and turn it into a motion picture AND stay faithful to the source material, audiences will inevitably not like it, because it is not like your typical film.
Silent Hill the movie is like one small part of the story. If the film had been any different, it would of not been anything like the games. If you know what i mean.
Just like an episode of lost, it is all part of one BIG story, and i would understand that fans would apreciate a film adaption of the story more than anyone who say, isnt a fan.

Silent Hill the movie is like looking at the game, in a different perspective. Its not meant to create something completely different (like Resident Evil).
What is good, is that if you get the games, you will find it to be almost EXACTLY the same style as the film. Fans love this. But newcomers may not, because they are expecting RESIDENT EVIL all the time.

Closure, in essence can actually ruin Silent Hill for me.
I didnt like, in the game, where the deamon was raised and then killed and then it birthed a baby.. and that ends up being heather in silent hill 3.. which ends up going to silent hill, followed by a strange cop, she kills her bad side and then goes "home".
All of that i am sure wouldnt be good as a film, because i didnt much like it as a game! But really, when you play through the game, there are many little touches which make you think. SO like, when you kill the last boss, you want to play it again, read all the notes to find out more.
And almost ALWAYS there are hints to another story along your way. Giving you the impression that this story you are seeing is just a small part of it.

You see, silent hill is different for many people. In silent hill 2, a guy gets a letter from his dead wife, it says shes at silent hill in their "special place". There are multiple endings in every game by the way depending how you do in it. So even if you complete it, you can get a different explanation to what happened. And all of them are vastly different to eachother.
Meaning that there is no definite answer to the stuff that happens, more like its how you EXPERIENCED silent hill is what matters.. or ... something...
hey, i thought i just heard a dragging of a great knife just then... hmm... its all dark now...

I wonder if mommy is coming back?

(in reply to Gold Digger)
Post #: 228
RE: Average chills and dodgy American accent from Sean ... - 2/5/2006 7:08:39 PM   
Merly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gold Digger

Never played the game but after watching this I'm glad. It wasn't bad but it just didn't feel as unsettling as it should have for me. Plus what is going on with that ending? When did the woman and child die in order to become ghosts and why? And is the car a ghost too?

As Silent Bee says it is very much open to interpretation. I personally thought that they had slipped through into some kind of parallel universe and were operating on a different plain of conciousness. Like when Sean bean is in the school and he is standing near the lockers and he says he can smell Rose and then we cut to her and she is standing against the lockers. So they're in the same place and he can sense her but can't see her. Then at the end I started thinking oh okay so maybe thier dead or maybe they've just been sucked into some parallel nightmare world by Alessa. Both answers seem possible.

< Message edited by Merly -- 2/5/2006 7:09:58 PM >

The She shepherd hot chocolated me, it's her juju.

(in reply to Gold Digger)
Post #: 229
it wasn't that scary! - 3/5/2006 9:00:22 AM   
daftcow

I was really ecitted to see the film, as i have played the game, and it scared the hell out of me ( well i was about 8 when i first played it). I never get scared in horror films and i thought this was the one. but i was wrong.

Post #: 230
slow but nicely done - 3/5/2006 6:48:04 PM   
john Maclaine

a hell of a lot of time spent wandering around shouting the little girls name - on the verge of losing patience. But.....it starts to creep up on you with interesting plot and nice horror sequences to make you jittery. Little bit tired of seeing Bean crop up in just about everything though. Step in the right direction for games to big screen adaps

Post #: 231
RE: Silent Hill fails to thrill - 4/5/2006 12:10:36 AM   
Napoleon_Wilson

Hadn't heard of the game before I watched this, but thought it looked like my kind of movie. Unfortunately, I couldn't really get involved in the film, it was quite interested when they arrived at Silent Hill, but it quickly spiralled downhill. I thought Mitchell did okay, but she's had better roles in the past.

I take it Pyramid head was the weird shaped thing that was shot by the police woman? To be honest I wasn't all that impressed with that, but it did make me laugh. I'd struggle to class this as a horror, although the highlight was seeing the copper burnt as a witch.

Got to agree about Sean Bean's accent! For a while I was thinking is this actually Bean or just someone who looks like him!

No chance that they could have died in the crash, the car was barely damaged and the airbag didn't even fire. I think the explanation a few pages back was probably close enough. All in all it was nonsense though and that left me feeling confused at the end.

Probably the best video game adaption I've seen, but that's a backhanded compliment as the others I've seen have been awful.

(in reply to burgessappleton)
Post #: 232
RE: Silent Hill fails to thrill - 4/5/2006 12:11:24 AM   
Napoleon_Wilson

Hadn't heard of the game before I watched this, but thought it looked like my kind of movie. Unfortunately, I couldn't really get involved in the film, it was quite interested when they arrived at Silent Hill, but it quickly spiralled downhill. I thought Mitchell did okay, but she's had better roles in the past.

I take it Pyramid head was the weird shaped thing that was shot by the police woman? To be honest I wasn't all that impressed with that, but it did make me laugh. I'd struggle to class this as a horror, although the highlight was seeing the copper burnt as a witch.

Got to agree about Sean Bean's accent! For a while I was thinking is this actually Bean or just someone who looks like him!

No chance that they could have died in the crash, the car was barely damaged and the airbag didn't even fire. I think the explanation a few pages back was probably close enough. All in all it was nonsense though and that left me feeling confused at the end.

Probably the best video game adaption I've seen, but that's a backhanded compliment as the others I've seen have been awful.

(in reply to burgessappleton)
Post #: 233
RE: Silent over the hill - 4/5/2006 10:30:21 AM   
shoddyshogun

Jody, it's your punctuation this time. The apostrophe in Rose's goes just there rather than at the end of the word. For your usage she would have to be named Roses. Just thought I'd point that out so you can maintain your exacting standards.

(in reply to the_jody)
Post #: 234
The Best Video-Game Adaption Yet!!! - 4/5/2006 8:33:55 PM   
PaulJohn

Although it gets really ridiculous towards the end (And why I give it 4 instead of 5 stars). This is the best Video Game adaption i've seen yet.

I was suprised with the 15 certificate as I thought this film had more blood and gore than the good but not great "Hostel". Does it have something to do with the tone or style of the violence? Who knows.

If you've played all the games you'll love this. If your new to Silent Hill, prepare yourself for some great chills.

Post #: 235
RE: The Best Video-Game Adaption Yet!!! - 4/5/2006 11:47:02 PM   
Silent_Bee

nice one pauljohn. far better than shoddyshoguns attempt just there :P just teasin...

One day i will to become a ninja in training ;)

(in reply to PaulJohn)
Post #: 236
The Best Video-Game Adaption Yet!!! - 5/5/2006 7:12:02 AM   
burgessappleton

Anyone else noticed how many people have viewed this topic??? It just goes to show its arroused plenty of interest. 

Empire Admin

(in reply to Silent_Bee)
Post #: 237
what the ? - 5/5/2006 9:16:35 PM   
PIPPA1983

Last weekend my my family and I were looking around for something to see at the cinema. I'm the family film buff so I consulted my oracle ' Empire'. After much umming and aahing we decided on ' Silent Hill'. What a waste of time! First of all the characters were even for a video game adaptation totally unreal and unsympathetic. Comparisons to Lost are futile , atleast that is based in some form of reality and even though it is a head scratcher it doesn't make fidget with severe boredom and frustration. It does not make my head hurt either. Suffice to say we left the cinema baffled, bemused and with sore heads. Confusion aside, the film was incredibly two dimensional in its acting and direction. In short it did not add anything new or exciting to the video game adaption genre. Another thing that we all felt was strange was the films rating. What is a 15 rated film doing with scenes of extreme torture, and over the top religious violence? I am no prude when it comes to ratings so for me to say that is saying something. We all exited the cinema, none the better off, and definitely none the wiser about the film. Although it would be remiss to blame Emire for the ills of this film we all felt very short changed by the review.

Post #: 238
what the ? - 5/5/2006 9:21:17 PM   
PIPPA1983

Last weekend my my family and I were looking around for something to see at the cinema. I'm the family film buff so I consulted my oracle ' Empire'. After much umming and aahing we decided on ' Silent Hill'. What a waste of time! First of all the characters were even for a video game adaptation totally unreal and unsympathetic. Comparisons to Lost are futile , atleast that is based in some form of reality and even though it is a head scratcher it doesn't make fidget with severe boredom and frustration. It does not make my head hurt either. Suffice to say we left the cinema baffled, bemused and with sore heads. Confusion aside, the film was incredibly two dimensional in its acting and direction. In short it did not add anything new or exciting to the video game adaption genre. Another thing that we all felt was strange was the films rating. What is a 15 rated film doing with scenes of extreme torture, and over the top religious violence? I am no prude when it comes to ratings so for me to say that is saying something. We all exited the cinema, none the better off, and definitely none the wiser about the film. Although it would be remiss to blame Emire for the ills of this film we all felt very short changed by the review.

Post #: 239
What the? - 5/5/2006 9:22:48 PM   
PIPPA1983

Last weekend my my family and I were looking around for something to see at the cinema. I'm the family film buff so I consulted my oracle ' Empire'. After much umming and aahing we decided on ' Silent Hill'. What a waste of time! First of all the characters were even for a video game adaptation totally unreal and unsympathetic. Comparisons to Lost are futile , atleast that is based in some form of reality and even though it is a head scratcher it doesn't make fidget with severe boredom and frustration. It does not make my head hurt either. Suffice to say we left the cinema baffled, bemused and with sore heads. Confusion aside, the film was incredibly two dimensional in its acting and direction. In short it did not add anything new or exciting to the video game adaption genre. Another thing that we all felt was strange was the films rating. What is a 15 rated film doing with scenes of extreme torture, and over the top religious violence? I am no prude when it comes to ratings so for me to say that is saying something. We all exited the cinema, none the better off, and definitely none the wiser about the film. Although it would be remiss to blame Emire for the ills of this film we all felt very short changed by the review

Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Silent over the hill Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI