Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Silent Thrill

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Silent Thrill Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Silent Thrill - 19/5/2006 10:40:11 AM   
TheGodfather

Thought it was excellent. Seen it twice in cinema. As someone who has never played one of the games, I can`t say if it`s true to the game or not.
The atmosphere was cool and utterly dark, it had cool effects in it and the sound effects were superb. The ending left you, I thought, with something to think about.
The first hour and a half were superb, after that it went a little down hill.That was a shame because I`d love to have seen it continue like the beginning of the movie.
Overall  I thought it was a real enjoyable movie wich you can watch a couple of times.

I`d give it **** out of *****

Jules: "What" ain't no country I ever heard of! They speak English in What?
Brett: What?
Jules: ENGLISH, MOTHERFUCKER! DO-YOU-SPEAK-IT?

(in reply to tanithrea)
Post #: 301
RE: Silent Thrill - 19/5/2006 10:47:34 AM   
TheGodfather

Thought it was excellent. Seen it twice in cinema. As someone who has never played one of the games, I can`t say if it`s true to the game or not.
The atmosphere was cool and utterly dark, it had cool effects in it and the sound effects were superb. The ending left you, I thought, with something to think about.
The first hour and a half were superb, after that it went a little down hill.That was a shame because I`d love to have seen it continue like the beginning of the movie.
Overall  I thought it was a real enjoyable movie wich you can watch a couple of times.

I`d give it **** out of *****

Jules: "What" ain't no country I ever heard of! They speak English in What?
Brett: What?
Jules: ENGLISH, MOTHERFUCKER! DO-YOU-SPEAK-IT?

(in reply to tanithrea)
Post #: 302
RE: Silent Thrill - 23/5/2006 12:21:33 AM   
Silent_Bee

Man, why don't my posts multiply?!

Hmmm.... conspiracy!! Or is it a cons-PIRACY?! (anyone know what i am on about?).

Well. it seems the whole Silent Hill buzz is kinda dying out :( Fading into the darkness if you will. Well, im still at work trying to get a pyramid head. Im STILL waiting for the dvd release LOL! And i also am just kinda sitting around, you know, waiting for silent hill 5 or something.

I looked at box office mojo... dont understand what is successful or not. I mean, silent hill beat out films on the top spot, however, its not really breaking even like say mi:3. Anyone know if it IS successful?

I think that it was released at the wrong time, you know, christmas time would of been great. Or mid-summer... But i mean, now is when all the big films come out and take its place, so its not going to be in many of the theatres for very long. I mean, my local theatre didnt even SHOW silent hill! i hadto get my arse to an odeon instead, twice i might add! TWICE! PLUS not only that, but had to pay 5.50 each time (worth it though) but in my local theatre its 3 :(

As the girl in the ring says "oh well"

(in reply to TheGodfather)
Post #: 303
Silent Thrill - 23/5/2006 7:06:30 AM   
burgessappleton

It actually did quite well at the box office. Still not been released in some countries too. The buzz maybe dieing down but I haven't forgotten, still keeping my eye on this forum. Hehee! Like i've said before, if anyone gets DVD details please post them up in here....
Silence is golden 

(in reply to Silent_Bee)
Post #: 304
RE: Silent Thrill - 23/5/2006 8:43:21 PM   
the_jody

Hey;

went to see the film again over the weekend and really enjoyed it again; getting pulled in by the music and visuals!!!
THAT scene with P. Head still gives me the shivers!
Silent_Bee; thanks for telling us about the figurines of the movie!! I might head to a Forbidden Planet shop cos they're bound to have some goodies!!!
Burgess: no news yet about the DVD. I do hope some thought goe sinto the extras there!!! I keep checking the film maker's Blog on the official SH Site but Christophe hasn't answered any questions since opening night! Bummer.
I hope he's as keen on the DVD extras as he was on making the movie

"Get out of my way, I'm fabulous"

(in reply to burgessappleton)
Post #: 305
RE: Silent Thrill - 23/5/2006 10:59:31 PM   
darkwonders

i read somewhere that the original cut for the movie was around 3 1/2 hours. but Christophe was forced to cut it down again. So hopefully we get the director's cut dvd. I would love to see 3 1/2 hours of silent hill

(in reply to the_jody)
Post #: 306
RE: Silent Thrill - 24/5/2006 7:06:39 AM   
burgessappleton

quote:

ORIGINAL: darkwonders

i read somewhere that the original cut for the movie was around 3 1/2 hours. but Christophe was forced to cut it down again. So hopefully we get the director's cut dvd. I would love to see 3 1/2 hours of silent hill.

3 1/2 hours of Silent Hill sound good. I would love to see it. Fingers crossed. 

(in reply to darkwonders)
Post #: 307
RE: Silent Thrill - 25/5/2006 12:56:36 PM   
Silent_Bee

yes i would much prefer 3 odd hours of silent hill rather than king kong LOL!!

Hey the jody! I havent seen a p.head figure yet, only home-made versions. Google or ebay PYRAMID HEAD and he will be there waiting for you.
I really want a toy company to make a pyramid head etc etc figure from the movie, and i am hoping that they come out when the dvd is out. I mean, loads of people are wanting a pyramid head in the spawn.com toy forum, so hopefully...

Anyways, HEY!! Have you guys seen the trailer for the NEW silent hill game entitled SILENT HILL ORIGINS (working title) ???
Its for the psp! And will be out early 2007 i think, head to gamespot and look for silent hill origins in the search!
It doesnt look too great so far, from my point of view, looks like it may be another silent hill 4? Hmm, i dont quite know yet.
I AM lookingforward to it though, somewhat i feel the experience wont be as good on a portable console.
Anyone know anything of pyramid head figure yet?

HEY!! I know this is stupid, but is there a silent hill movie soundtrack? i mean, it would be nice to have those tracks (and the re-arranged ones) on one cd (with jonny cash aswell LOL).
Im just rather baffled by the entire lack of merchandise for this film (which isnt a crapy ebay home made bar sign!)

;)

Post #: 308
RE: Silent Thrill - 26/5/2006 12:08:34 AM   
darkwonders

Hey! I actually enjoyed the King Kong movie. heh... neways... I would love a figurine as well... though that would definately up my geekiness... but oh well. such is life

(in reply to Silent_Bee)
Post #: 309
RE: Silent Thrill - 28/5/2006 3:59:41 PM   
MuckyMuckMan

Saw SH last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. It certainly wasn't a no brainer which I had slightly expected. My girlfriend and I talked about it afterwards for a good hour. Recommended certainly and is it left open for a sequel? me thinks so!!!

My Film Collection:
http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/MuckyMuckMan
Last 5 films seen
The Impossible 3.5/5
Stoker 4/5
Thor: Dark World 3.5/5
The Wolfman (1941) 4/5
All is Lost 5/5

(in reply to darkwonders)
Post #: 310
Better than Da Vinci Crap ;) - 29/5/2006 3:45:35 PM   
Silent_Bee

Nah, da vinci code wasnt that bad, however, i rather much enjoyed this film because in parts it got your heart racing, the da vinci code, does not, even though it is suposed to be a thriller.
By far i think silent hill is much better than films on offer this summer, and i have a prediction hat superman is going to not be.. very good.. somehow... but anyway. heres hoping for a dvd release before summer is out! (please release it on juyl 12th!)

;)

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 311
Silent Hill DVD - 7/6/2006 5:18:22 PM   
burgessappleton

Heres some good news for Silent Hill fans out there. I got an email today off Play.com informing me that Silent Hill is ready to pre-order for release on 21/08/2006... Thats Monday 21st August.

So its not too long to wait. However, there is currently no details of the DVD features. They should have plenty of stuff to cover so fingers crossed... 

(in reply to Silent_Bee)
Post #: 312
Finally... - 8/6/2006 6:49:07 PM   
Deviation

Finally a good, in this case great, game-to-movie adaptaion. Everything I love from the games survives intact: mad story, great set-pieces, terrifying bits, pyramid head, the music. It does lack the athmosphere of the games and the emotional impact, but it is still a huge improvement over the Resident Evil movies and that Doom rubbish.

Post #: 313
Best yet - 9/6/2006 4:15:53 PM   
the_real_deal

I am a huge fan of Silent Hill, mainly because its so different and somewhat smarter than other videogames. I thought the film of Silent Hill was very enjoyable and reflected the mood and style of the games very well, right down to the head-spinning plot. The creatures looked amazing and disturbing. it's a pity they didn't get more screen-time.
There is no denying, however, that some of the script and acting could have been tightened up here and there. The dialouge ranged from strange and enigmatic to quite silly and rather pointless ("They said this place was haunted", "I think they were right"). Some talent seemed to have been squandered because of Avery's mediorce script (shame on you).
A criticism i have to agree with is the inclusion of Bean. After quite an artistic scene where Bean and Mitchell pass each other in the different dimensions of SH yet never meet (A metaphor for their straining relationship over their child, i think), Bean's part seem pointless, aside from a little SPOOOKY exposition (Omg, Alessa looks exactly like Sharon!).
Overall, despite these criticism, I can't help but love SH and the movie too. It's some good creepy fun. Despire its failings, you can tell the movie was made with a little more videogame passion than all the other adaptations.

Post #: 314
Best yet - 9/6/2006 4:16:26 PM   
the_real_deal

I am a huge fan of Silent Hill, mainly because its so different and somewhat smarter than other videogames. I thought the film of Silent Hill was very enjoyable and reflected the mood and style of the games very well, right down to the head-spinning plot. The creatures looked amazing and disturbing. it's a pity they didn't get more screen-time.
There is no denying, however, that some of the script and acting could have been tightened up here and there. The dialouge ranged from strange and enigmatic to quite silly and rather pointless ("They said this place was haunted", "I think they were right"). Some talent seemed to have been squandered because of Avery's mediorce script (shame on you).
A criticism i have to agree with is the inclusion of Bean. After quite an artistic scene where Bean and Mitchell pass each other in the different dimensions of SH yet never meet (A metaphor for their straining relationship over their child, i think), Bean's part seem pointless, aside from a little SPOOOKY exposition (Omg, Alessa looks exactly like Sharon!).
Overall, despite these criticism, I can't help but love SH and the movie too. It's some good creepy fun. Despire its failings, you can tell the movie was made with a little more videogame passion than all the other adaptations.

Post #: 315
Best yet - 9/6/2006 4:16:57 PM   
the_real_deal

Post #: 316
Best yet - 9/6/2006 4:22:59 PM   
the_real_deal

Post #: 317
Best yet - 9/6/2006 4:39:06 PM   
the_real_deal

Post #: 318
silence is golden - 10/7/2006 1:00:31 PM   
popcorn23

I am a huge fan of the games and hoped that this would be a good game to movie film - and it was.

Every detail from the characters of silent hill to the sound track was near perfect.

I was impressed by the "residents" of silent hill from the over the top policewman to the prune faced nurses (imagine these girls dancing in a night club around their handbags!!!).

I do hope that they don't make a sequel to this but more than likely one is probably already being wirtten.

Well worth a watch - lets hope for loads of extras on the dvd

Post #: 319
silence is golden - 10/7/2006 1:01:04 PM   
popcorn23

I am a huge fan of the games and hoped that this would be a good game to movie film - and it was.

Every detail from the characters of silent hill to the sound track was near perfect.

I was impressed by the "residents" of silent hill from the over the top policewman to the prune faced nurses (imagine these girls dancing in a night club around their handbags!!!).

I do hope that they don't make a sequel to this but more than likely one is probably already being wirtten.

Post #: 320
silence is golden - 10/7/2006 1:01:35 PM   
popcorn23

Post #: 321
silence is golden - 10/7/2006 1:02:07 PM   
popcorn23

Post #: 322
silence is golden - 10/7/2006 1:13:08 PM   
popcorn23

Post #: 323
silence is golden - 10/7/2006 1:13:41 PM   
popcorn23

Post #: 324
silence is golden - 10/7/2006 1:14:12 PM   
popcorn23

Post #: 325
silence is golden - 10/7/2006 1:14:45 PM   
popcorn23

Post #: 326
Bonkers - 17/8/2006 10:03:36 PM   
Caster

The look and sound of the games are recreated perfectly and the first half is flawless. Sadly it falls apart a bit in a bonkers 2nd half, but there's enough gore and plain weirdness to make you watch it again and try to figure it all out...much like the games.

Post #: 327
RE: Silent Hill DVD - 24/8/2006 3:15:23 PM   
Silent_Bee

Right, its been a while since posting here..

So, Burgessappleton.. the dvd is out on september 4th!! HOO HARR!!

I need some help though..

HMV has an exclusive (as usual) with new box art etc..

Play.com has art cards

Can anyone collectively list all the versions out for dvd? Like 2 disc, single disc, new box, collectors editions.. etc. Could be handy!

SB

Post #: 328
RE: Bonkers - 24/8/2006 3:18:15 PM   
Silent_Bee

WOW. long time no post!

SO, the dvd is out on september 4th..

Does anyone know the variations that are being sold?

I.e HMV has exclusive art work and sleeve for the box. Play.com has art cards... is there any other ones like this?

(in reply to Caster)
Post #: 329
Silent DVD - 24/8/2006 6:31:22 PM   
burgessappleton

Silent Hill on DVD a week on Monday  Thats the 4th September...
Anyway, hi Silent_Bee long time no posts eh!
I can't decided on where to buy my Silent DVD either.
HMV have special cover.
Play.com have the art cards.
And virgin are doing something special too, i think!?! Will check out there website to see if i can find out what they are doing.
Oh... and its only a one disc DVD. I'm think there maybe a special addition some time in the future.

Gonna check virgin now.

(in reply to Silent_Bee)
Post #: 330
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Silent Thrill Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI