Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: MEG TRAILER!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: MEG TRAILER! Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: MEG TRAILER! - 18/5/2009 9:58:09 AM   
onyx79

Hopefully, and if they make the film in 3D, I hope the nose won't make the cut. Seriously don't see myself handing over a giant hanky to a 10 Foot tall nose...

Support the making of "Invasion of the not quite dead" and become a producer TODAY by donating to www.theindywoodproject.com

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 151
RE: Meg! - 2/6/2009 10:42:07 PM   
Timon

Word from Alten's latest newsletter is that "big news" is on the horizon.

God knows what that means...

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to onyx79)
Post #: 152
RE: Meg: Summer 2011 - 8/6/2009 2:21:48 PM   
Timon

http://www.montagemarketing.com/interview.htm

Alten has said everything is in place for it to be ready for Summer 2011. $150 million budget!

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 153
RE: Meg: Summer 2011 - 8/6/2009 2:30:33 PM   
CORLEONE

$150m!?? Surely that can't be true.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 154
RE: Meg: Summer 2011 - 9/6/2009 11:35:10 AM   
moneymouth77

I dunno, Hollywood does blow money up the wall for no reason on trash like this. It won't be a better Jaws or anything like that, it'll be a terrible film about a massive shark that'll be stopped by C-list actors and rappers-turned-actors. Not worth it at all.

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 155
RE: Meg: Summer 2011 - 11/6/2009 3:33:13 PM   
Timon

Of course it won't be better than Jaws - what is? But are you seriously telling me you don't want to see a big budget film about a prehistoric 80ft shark?

(in reply to moneymouth77)
Post #: 156
RE: Meg: Summer 2011 - 11/6/2009 4:09:56 PM   
onyx79

Any self respecting male movie goer would enjoy that film regardless of the cast. Books are selling pretty well, and the more money, the better looking CGI shark we'll have. We already know from the books that the story will be quiet good. What's not to like about this? Like many others here, I'm in (even though I'm terrified of sharks...)

Support the making of "Invasion of the not quite dead" and become a producer TODAY by donating to www.theindywoodproject.com

(in reply to moneymouth77)
Post #: 157
RE: Meg - 3/2/2010 8:50:05 AM   
Timon

From Alten's latest newsletter;

I realize many of you read these newsletters hoping to receive an update on a MEG MOVIE. Good things are happening behind the scenes, but until a deal is done, I am being told to keep quiet. In fact, because I have a habit of sneaking info to my fans, I am often the last to know. It seems MEG & THE LOCH are following parallel tracks to be movies. Whichever one (fingers crossed) is scheduled for release first will determine which book is written first: MEG 5: Night Stalkers or LOCH II. Meanwhile, Manolo Cordovas movie, Contracorriente won best foreign film at Sundance. Manolo optioned DOMAIN and will be starring in the film as Michael Gabriel (English release) so that is great news. And we are working on something special for Goliath.

Oh for fucks sake.

(in reply to onyx79)
Post #: 158
RE: Meg - 8/1/2011 9:27:59 PM   
simonmckergan1

I'm currently reading Meg: Hell's Aquarium (and loving it).  I have just read page 305 and couldn't help but chuckle at the rather cool mention of a certain Captain Timon Singh.  That is awesome!

As you can see, my young apprentice, your friends have failed. Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 159
RE: Meg - 25/5/2011 9:37:59 PM   
Timon

It's not Meg unfortunately, but there is a trailer for Shark Night 3D.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=78076

(in reply to simonmckergan1)
Post #: 160
RE: Meg - 26/5/2011 10:15:38 AM   
NCC1701A

Just seen the Shark Night 3D trailer looks good but give me a feeling of last years Piranha 3D to start with. Piranha 3D was not bad just so slow to get going.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 161
RE: Meg Trailer - 1/11/2011 2:59:29 PM   
Timon

Look - a Meg trailer! Unfortunately it's a book trailer for the Meg PREQUEL - Meg: Origins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvOVhuhEUW0

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 162
RE: Meg Trailer - 1/11/2011 4:49:00 PM   
jonson

Beat me to it Ti.
Still not read Meg: Origins yet, despite having it downloaded on the missus's Kindle for weeks now.

I bought a first edition hardback copy of Meg in June, cost me a fair bit but I posted it out to Steve who signed it and sent it back. I then gave it to my niece who is going to be doing Marine Biology at Uni later this year. I thought it was a nice gift she could keep and hopefully go up in value ( he signed it for her and added "good luck with the marine biology")
Anyway, she read it and loved it, then promptly went out and bought the next 3!!
I bet that's still not enough to get me a character name, you tall, dark, handsome SOAB!

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 163
RE: Meg Trailer - 1/11/2011 4:51:44 PM   
Timon

Jonson, to be a character in a MEG novel, you have to have what the French call "I don't know what."

Namely a cool name, a big nose and the ability to wear leather jackets well and not be eaten by a Meg.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 164
RE: Meg Trailer - 1/11/2011 4:55:49 PM   
jonson

To be honest Ti, I'd have asked for a gruesome death. I think you just disappeared from the story.
You're probably just walking up and down with the hostess trolly now.
But yes, to be fair, you're nose is bigger than mine and you probably pull of the leather jacket better than me.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 165
RE: Meg Trailer - 3/1/2012 5:53:25 PM   
jonson

Slightly Meg related, well, actually not really, just interesting stuff about the Mariana Trench.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-15845550

And I have now read Meg: Origins and it's fab. Explains how and why the first Meg appeared (when Jonas "loses it" originally) with a nice few links to later books in the seeries.
Well worth a free download.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 166
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: MEG TRAILER! Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI