Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Meg

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Meg Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Meg - 25/1/2007 9:56:29 AM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

A drug, you say? Hmmmm... I might have to have a word with Ti now.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 91
RE: Meg - 25/1/2007 9:58:27 AM   
Timon

A cult? Pish!

It's nothing like a cult. We just demand 300 pounds a month from you, a pint of your blood, the liver of a freshly slain goat and your unquivering loyalty.

Join us Jessica.

Or simply buy the Trilogy for yourself and decide. Or Kommodo Vs Cobra. Or Boa. Or Python. Or Boa Vs Python. Or Blue Demon. Or Frankenfish. Or Red Water. Or Crocidile. Or Alligator. Or Spiders. etc

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 92
RE: Meg - 25/1/2007 10:06:57 AM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon
A cult? Pish!

It's nothing like a cult. We just demand 300 pounds a month from you, a pint of your blood, the liver of a freshly slain goat and your unquivering loyalty.

Join us Jessica.

Check. Check. Check. I'm all out of goats and how about quivering loyalty instead?

I'll search it out the next time I'm wandering the DVD stalls, trust me. If it's got y'all in a frenzy, I want to know about it.

< Message edited by Jessica_ca_ca_ca -- 25/1/2007 10:07:13 AM >

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 93
RE: Meg - 2/2/2007 2:19:53 PM   
Timon

You won't regret it.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to Jessica_ca_ca_ca)
Post #: 94
RE: Meg - 2/2/2007 4:29:45 PM   
brill

Not popped in this thread for a while now, great to see Timon still 100% behind this and providing great updates !

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 95
RE: Meg - 4/2/2007 4:08:24 PM   
Daniel Kelly

Saw this on IMDB ages ago. Any update on it are has it been canned.

www.danlandmovvies.blogspot.com

(in reply to brill)
Post #: 96
RE: Meg - 2/3/2007 1:51:29 PM   
Woger

Off Topic, but here a book about an othe rkille rmonster. This time a Bigfoot.

http://www.amazon.com/Shadowkiller-Novel-Matthew-Scott-Hansen/dp/0743294734/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-4770295-3344009?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1172843305&sr=8-1

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to Daniel Kelly)
Post #: 97
RE: Meg - 13/3/2007 4:22:55 PM   
Timon

Right! That's it, I need to know what's going on. I've emailed Steve Alten hoping he'll update us asap.

Hey Steve,

How you doing?

Not sure if you remember but a few months ago I pointed you in the direction of EMPIRE's official MEG movie thread (http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=44800&mpage=2&key= ).

Since then the project's popularity has grown as many forum members were thrilled to see you post. Anyway, we were just wondering what the latest is as it's been a while since any new developments were heard of and it seems the film's progress has stalled some what.

Is Jan De Bont still on board?
Any chance of Dennis Quaid starring as Jonas?

There's also a monster movie thread where hoping MEG will be the movie to rule them all.

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=1139&mpage=90

We're all fans of monster movies be they classics (JAWS), potential classics (MEG) or just terrible but amusing tv movies (Shark Attack 3). Have you ever seen Shark Attack 3? I really think you should rent out Shark Attack 3: Megaladon. Might give you some ideas on what to include/avoid in the film. Eg. NO Tardis-esque subs but LOTS of boat eating.

Anyway, please let us know what the situation with the movie is and the latest on your books.

Thanks in advance

Look forward to hearing from you.

Timon

Official MEG Supporter of the Empire Forum
Shark Attack 3 Fanclub Member

(in reply to Steve Alten)
Post #: 98
RE: Meg - 23/4/2007 1:48:53 PM   
Timon

From The Times (19th April 2007)

Big shark terrorises coastline and eats boats. . . havenít we seen this somewhere before?

Kevin Maher

Proving that itís technically possible to have a Hollywood career after directing a hat-trick of complete stinkers ( Speed 2 , The Haunting and Tomb Raider 2 ), the former blockbuster king Jan de Bont returns with a high-octane movie called, bizarrely, Meg , about a 70ft shark terrorising the Californian coast. Has he never watched Jaws ?

The homely title, though not quite setting the appropriate panic-inducing tone, is derived from Carcharodon megalodon , the name of the prehistoric shark thatís big enough to swallow pleasure cruisers, helicopters and overpriced special effects budgets.

The movie, which sounds both as terrifying and as hysterical as last yearís Snakes on a Plane , was recently fast-tracked into production by the studio Universal and boasts a one-sheet poster, a defiantly uncatchy tagline (ďThe most fearsome predator in history is no longer historyĒ), and no cast members ó though Samuel L. Jacksonís got to be in there somewhere.

It is not to be confused with the straight-to-video Shark Attack 3: Megalodon , starring the Doctor Who cast-off John Barrowman, and featuring a giant prehistoric shark called Carcharodon megalodon on the rampage.

Because that film, letís face it, was just silly.

Meg and SA3 in the same article. It's a good day......pity the writer is wrong and clearly a kill joy.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 99
RE: Meg - 23/4/2007 1:53:34 PM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

Homely title?! HOMELY?!  Frigin idiot.

Thanks for the update, Ti.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 100
RE: Meg - 10/5/2007 1:20:14 PM   
Timon

Total Film are showing up Empire by dedicating a whole page (24) in their new issue to MEG.

See Empire, they see the genius of the film......

Post #: 101
RE: Meg - 10/5/2007 3:16:23 PM   
jonson

quote:

Total Film are showing up Empire by dedicating a whole page (24) in their new issue to MEG.

See Empire, they see the genius of the film......

Really? That shows, I've got the TF and haven't spotted that yet (is it the one with Spiderman on the cover?) Possibly because I rarely read the whole mag (but the missus buys it me anyway)

Nothing new on the website but as I mentioned on the SA3 thread, Steve Alten has emailed a competition (he does it with every book) to get a character named after you.
He's started writing Meg 4: Hells' Aquarium which tells me that the movie may be closer to being made than we think. He always said he'd not release another Meg book until the movie came out (and Ti said he'd not read another book either ), so this maybe a sign of good news.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 102
RE: Meg - 10/5/2007 3:23:50 PM   
Timon

No, it's the newest one - Johnny Depp on the front - the July issue.

I'll read Meg 3 when the movie comes out! And then Meg 4 (with the adventures of Jon-Rae Tikmunson) when the DVD comes out.

I don't think i'm being unreasonable.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 103
RE: Meg - 10/5/2007 3:40:40 PM   
jonson

quote:

No, it's the newest one - Johnny Depp on the front - the July issue.

Oh, cool. I'll have to [whispers] buy that then [/whispers]

quote:

I'll read Meg 3 when the movie comes out! And then Meg 4 (with the adventures of Jon-Rae Tikmunson) when the DVD comes out.

I don't think i'm being unreasonable.

Is he the long lost brother of Kunnti Funkson and Kirae Muntison?

The 3rd book is actually really good, although Jonas Taylor is about 60 years old.
There's a classic scene where (not a spoiler don't worry) someone jumps in the Meg's mouth and manages to dive out it's gills.  

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 104
RE: Meg - 7/6/2007 7:07:03 PM   
Daniel Kelly

I just bought the first book on Amazon the other day. The more I see about Meg the more psyched I get. Still I am afraid to admit Shark Attack 3 was a big dissapointment, even in bad movie terms

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 105
RE: Meg - 3/7/2007 9:53:09 AM   
jonson

Steve Alten email from this morning.
Not good news but at least Steve can get the movie back in his hands and hopefully other studios might decide not to fuck up like New Line have.
Are they competely mad?
It would seem so...

Yes, this is bad news mostly in the wasted two years. The key execs at New Line always treated MEG like an unwanted stepchild, and now, with my option set to expire in October, the decided NOT to proceed. In a way this is actually GOOD news. The MEG movie WILL HAPPEN and it is better to wait and do it right with the right team than accept mediocrity. From now until October 30th (the day I officially get MEG back) we'll be hard at work! Until then, I am restricted from offering details publicly because (technically) New Line still owns the rights to MEG. There are many people at New Line that really did work very hard on MEG and I appreciate their efforts. No bad feelings let's just move on and work with the right studio that ACTUALLY WANTS TO MAKE A GREAT MOVIE AND OWN A BILLION DOLLAR FRANCHISE.
Damn right Steve, we're all right behind you.

Post #: 106
RE: Meg - 3/7/2007 10:17:34 AM   
Timon

He should go to Universal. They like their killer sharks flicks there.

Or Nu-Image.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 107
RE: Meg - 3/7/2007 10:21:39 AM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

It's such a shame they've strung this along so much!

I think Universal is a good bet. They don't often go in for making mediocre B-movies.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 108
RE: Meg - 3/7/2007 10:30:07 AM   
WilliamMunny

My bet is that Meg will get made by a bigger name studio, turn out to be pretty good and make a fair amount of cash. New Line will see their mistake and pay through the nose for the rights to the sequels which will turn out to be shit.

Harry Dresden - Wizard
Lost items found. Paranormal investigations. Consulting. Advice. Reasonable rates. No love potions, endless purses, parties or other entertainment.

Post #: 109
RE: Meg - 3/7/2007 10:54:35 AM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

O ye of little faith. Steve probably won't allow them to have the sequels

(in reply to WilliamMunny)
Post #: 110
RE: Meg - 3/7/2007 11:18:10 AM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Kelly

I just bought the first book on Amazon the other day. The more I see about Meg the more psyched I get. Still I am afraid to admit Shark Attack 3 was a big dissapointment, even in bad movie terms

Blasphemy!

Harry Dresden - Wizard
Lost items found. Paranormal investigations. Consulting. Advice. Reasonable rates. No love potions, endless purses, parties or other entertainment.

Post #: 111
RE: Meg - 6/7/2007 10:52:57 AM   
Timon

The news has just hit the likes of comingsoon.net

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=21772

(in reply to WilliamMunny)
Post #: 112
RE: Meg - 6/7/2007 1:10:30 PM   
jasperoosterveld

I read the book 10 years ago and i loved it! I also thaught it would make a good movie, to bad its not working out the way everyone wants :( That really sucks. I just don't get why Spielberg doesnt want to produce it, it makes an excellent follow up to jaws :) The only problem is that the special effects make the movie, they need to be good! Otherwise it won't work.

Lets hope the movie comes one day :)

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 113
RE: Meg - 6/7/2007 7:45:11 PM   
Daniel Kelly

The wait increases it would seem Still thanks for that Timon and I do feel sorry for Steve for it does indeed feel to me like a wasted two years in his efforts

(in reply to jasperoosterveld)
Post #: 114
RE: Meg - 4/8/2007 8:39:56 AM   
jonson

Still no news on Meg according to Steve Alten, however he's hoping to finish Meg 4: Hell's Aquarium ready for publishing next summer.
In accordance with his competition, a further list of characters who will appear in the novel are as follows:-

Erik Hollander's brilliant cover art will debut in September. I am now 408 pages into the novel and am CLOSING the contest. Here's the UPDATED character list (but NOT the final one):

Robert Nealis Jr., Robin Rosenfeld, James Vidal, Richard Hibpshman, Timon Singh, Tom Cubit, Nick Cato, Misty Walker, Nathan Lee Torbert, Ryan Wrightsman, Chessa Manion, Dave Lounsbury, Connor Booth, Peter Carlisle, Marcus Slabine, Jeffrey Hoch, David Shiffman, Rick Magers, Debbie Umel, Peter Grier, Dr. Antonio Gotto, Michael Selby, Joseph Park, Lana, Evan, and Max Wood, Ed Hendricks, Daniel Pernini, Adam Wooten, Miguel Franco, Michael Eason, Steve Akehurst, Karim Jivani, Earl Fischl, Brian Suits, Barbara Becker, Lillie Burris, Maxine Davis, Don Ruetenik, Jesse David Brown, Ted Badaut, Rafael Herrera, Dr. Brent Nichols, Christopher Baird, Carree Crossman, Magued Wadie Ramsis Haroun, Vicky Loehr, Patrick Duncan, Lain Edwards, Steven, Mary & Annie Moretti, Hugo Boutin, Kaylie Szeifert, Sean Dustman, Jason Montgomery, Jerry Bobo, Sara Toms, Frank Youngblood, Keith Auton, Kelli McCloud, Kayla Cicala, Virgil Carmen, Christopher Eckardt, Jessica Tompson, Ricardo, Sandra & Alekzandra Rosalez, Jonathan Stelzer, Fran Rizzuto, Jason Francis, Andy Murch.

Nice one Ti.
Dodgy looking henchman or smooth millionaire playboy?

< Message edited by jonson -- 4/8/2007 8:43:52 AM >

Post #: 115
RE: Meg - 5/8/2007 6:39:55 PM   
Timon

No idea. I just hope I get a gruesome death. No point being in a shark film if you're not going to have a spectacular death....unless you're the one that kills the shark.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 116
Am I sad. - 6/3/2008 9:07:20 AM   
Lupin 3

Cos I would be there to see this one. In a flash

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 117
RE: Meg - 10/4/2008 3:27:31 PM   
Timon

Do you know what I just realised? Shane Salerno is the co-screenwriter along with Steve Alten.

He that wrote AVP: Requiem, arguably the worst film of last year!

(in reply to Lupin 3)
Post #: 118
RE: Meg Has A New Financier! - 11/4/2008 10:59:41 AM   
Timon

MEG has a new financier!

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/movies/la-ca-newline13apr13,1,3860059.story?page=1

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 119
RE: Meg Has A New Financier! - 11/4/2008 11:04:06 AM   
jonson

Excellent Ti. Of all the money swilling aournd in Hollywood and all the amount being chucked at complete crap (just see nearly every blockbuster of the past 5 years) they need to finance this now. It's a surefire winner!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Meg Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI