Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Meg

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Meg Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Meg - 14/4/2006 11:49:22 PM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

Wow. Meg has got a hell of a big mouth, don't you think?

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 31
RE: Meg - 14/4/2006 11:55:48 PM   
Timon

Indeed. But no-one likes a 'woman' who uses that much teeth. Are we talking about the same thing?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Jessica_ca_ca_ca)
Post #: 32
RE: Meg - 20/4/2006 8:03:12 PM   
Timon

Found this 'test footage'.

Now, there are two sources for it. One says it's possible test footage for Meg, the other says it's from some obscure German film. Damm good FX for a German film if you ask me.

Does it rival Shark Attack 3?

http://www.flowlines.info/vfxreel.html

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 33
RE: Meg - 21/4/2006 9:12:09 AM   
Goatmaster

It's actually neither i'm afraid, all it is is basically a graphics effects package available to artists etc that allows them to have realistic water effects, nothing to do with Meg, althouhg I have to say the benchmark has been set!

100 Meteo Time war: 00"07"45

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 34
RE: Meg - 21/4/2006 9:56:09 AM   
kumar

that scared me abit!

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Goatmaster)
Post #: 35
RE: Meg - 21/4/2006 1:41:12 PM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goatmaster

It's actually neither i'm afraid, all it is is basically a graphics effects package available to artists etc that allows them to have realistic water effects, nothing to do with Meg, althouhg I have to say the benchmark has been set!

Holy shit is it? Well it looks damm impressive for a demo especially when the dorsal fin is going through the surf.

(in reply to Goatmaster)
Post #: 36
RE: Meg - 21/4/2006 1:47:52 PM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Indeed. But no-one likes a 'woman' who uses that much teeth. Are we talking about the same thing?

I'm shocked

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 37
RE: Meg - 21/4/2006 4:07:29 PM   
Timon

Post #: 38
RE: Meg - 23/4/2006 3:11:26 PM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

Lol. I'm waiting for some more updates on MEG, Timon... You seem to be slacking.

The surfer picture has only just wetted my apetite. I'm going to have to start reading or watch Shark Attack 3 just to get back to being excited about it's production.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 39
RE: Meg - 12/5/2006 8:17:15 AM   
Timon

Slacking? Pish and tish to you good woman!

More concept art! Click Here

Post #: 40
RE: Meg - 12/5/2006 8:35:53 AM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

That is bloody amazing! Sweet!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 41
RE: Meg - 12/5/2006 9:19:18 AM   
Timon

There is some bad news though....Meg may be pushed back. Because of Rush Hour 3. From Steve Alten's links on imdb.com

Rush Hour 3 Slows "Jurassic Shark"

In an industry that goes into a feeding frenzy over franchises, New Line reeled in a whopper with the movie rights to best-selling author Steve Alten's MEG (short for Carcharodon megalodon, the 70-foot-long prehistoric cousin of the great white). Not only does the feature-to-be have the potential to rank among the top-grossing films of all time, but with two follow-up novels already in print and a third on the way, there's the potential for sequels. Alas, as MEG's 2007 release nears, rumor has it that the escalating budget of New Line's Rush Hour 3 is pushing "Jurassic Shark's" premiere to 2008. Having managed to nab a copy of the script, TVGuide.com must report that '08 cannot get here soon enough. Adapted by Shane Salerno (Armageddon), MEG is driven by its story and character relationships, as well as some of the most amazing action set pieces ever conceived. As such, the production delay may be for the best, since director Jan de Bont (Twister, Speed) is going to need some revolutionary special EFX to pull off what Alten and Salerno have cooked up. You read it here first: MEG is a shark movie that bears no connection to Jaws, yet raises the bar for action flicks. Just wait until Hollywood digs into The Loch and Alten's other thrillers.  

Come on Megheads, time to lay into New Line. I want Meg carnage instead of Chris Tucker doing his same old sctick again...for 20 million!

Post #: 42
RE: Meg - 14/5/2006 2:53:06 PM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

I actually told me dad this update on MEG being pushed back for another Rush Hour - he wasn't happy  So wrong in so many ways!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 43
RE: Meg - 6/6/2006 2:13:20 PM   
Timon

New MEG preproduction pics. I am a God! Praise me!

Go Fish!

Killer Wave

Surf's Up....But Bigger

Praise Be To Meg.

Post #: 44
RE: Meg - 6/6/2006 3:40:39 PM   
AgentGoth

These are so cool. I'm giggling like a little kid now. I cannot wait to see this. MEG will rule.

"Sheriff Perry! You are violating my territorial bubble!"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 45
RE: Meg - 7/6/2006 9:48:21 AM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

quote:

Surf's Up....But Bigger

This concept art is still blowing my mind  

MEG will make everyone stay on land in future. I'm sure of it.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 46
RE: Meg - 7/6/2006 10:07:45 AM   
AgentGoth

Jaws made me scared enough of the water. God only knows what this is going to do to me.

Post #: 47
RE: Meg - 7/6/2006 11:56:43 AM   
Izzet

I'm just registering my interest in this, Meg is gonna rule. Also, Shane Salerno is taking care of my other most anticipated movie, AvP2. 2007 could be quite a year!

Alien Experience Messageboard

(in reply to AgentGoth)
Post #: 48
RE: Meg - 7/6/2006 6:35:57 PM   
AgentGoth

I showed my brother the pictures, and I think he's very interested in this now. I keep hinting at him to read the book, but he just doesn't read. Think he's forgotten how to.

(in reply to Izzet)
Post #: 49
RE: Meg - 7/6/2006 9:25:35 PM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Izzet

I'm just registering my interest in this, Meg is gonna rule. Also, Shane Salerno is taking care of my other most anticipated movie, AvP2. 2007 could be quite a year!

Welcome fellow Meg-head. 2007 will indeed be the Chinese Year of the Meg.

(in reply to Izzet)
Post #: 50
RE: Meg - 8/6/2006 8:06:21 AM   
AgentGoth

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Izzet

Welcome fellow Meg-head. 2007 will indeed be the Chinese Year of the Meg.

Wouldn't it be amazingly cool if there was a Chinese Year of the Shark?

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 51
RE: Meg - 30/8/2006 12:09:36 PM   
Timon

As MEG author Steve Alten regularly updates IMDB with latest news....i thought maybe he could do the same here. I sent him an email (MEG82159@aol.com) to alert him of this thread and the interest in the film.

Hi Steve,

Big fans of the books and can't wait for the film. Have been perusing the imdb.com FAQs and it all looks very interesting but i have to tell you......it seems like we're waiting a long time.

I imagine there's serious pre production going on so i just wanted to know how far along the project was.
Also you may be interested in this - Empire's MEG forum thread
http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=44800&mpage=1&key=

As EMPIRE is the UK's biggest film mag and i've been a forum member for 5 years, i thought i'd get interest going there and the response is HUGE. If you have any updates, you'd do well to post them there.
Everything is being discussed from FX to casting (may i suggest Dennis Quaid?) so any light you can shed would be really useful.

Anyway, i (and other forum members) hope to hear from you soon.
Timon

Reckon he'll reply? Maybe post on the forum? That would be rather cool.....
Wait till he sees the Shark Attack 3 thread.

(in reply to AgentGoth)
Post #: 52
RE: Meg - 30/8/2006 2:19:02 PM   
Pinkvelvet

Any news would be good news

lets hope he pays us a visit and updates us!

It's about time we had another shark film adn this certainly could be the shark of all sharl films!!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 53
From the author... - 30/8/2006 7:13:38 PM   
Steve Alten

Hey, guys:
It's an honor to finally read and post on this site. I've been imagining MEG coming to the big screen since I started penning the novel back in August of 1995. (When you are broke, struggling, and writing from 10 at night until 3 AM, you'd better be thinking positively.)
So where are we with the movie?
We fully expected to be greenlit back in December of 2005, but the project stalled for budgetary reasons. Nothing happened until July and new positive meetings, with a rewrite based on new notes expected this fall. If all goes well, then we would be greenlit and fiming would start in the winter.
MEG has huge potential franchise written all over it, and I believe New Line knows that. The domestic and foreign market potential is enormous, and the studio would be crazy not to do MEG. And Jan De Bont is the perfect director for me, trust me...he is committed to MEG. So I am positive about things, though I never count anything until it is done. I have been burned too many times before.
If you go to www.SteveAlten.com you can see some amazing images as well as register for my free monthy newsletter where I will keep you updated on all cinema happenings related to my books, as well as give you an opportunity to be a character in my next novel. All characters in my books are real readers who have
e-mailed me and entered contests. But you have to receive the newsletters to know when and how to enter.
Last...for ten years I have been personally answering e-mails everyday. My feeling is, without my fans I am nothing, and if you took the time to write me, then hey, you deserve a personal response. You can reach me at MEG82159@aol.com
Thanks, be safe, and know I appreciate you.
--Steve Alten

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 54
RE: From the author... - 31/8/2006 5:21:03 AM   
Peter A. Quinn

Wow...from the Man himself! If only we knew when they're going to start filming. Sure beats those airborne reptiles, anyday!

This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face.

(in reply to Steve Alten)
Post #: 55
RE: From the author... - 31/8/2006 7:29:31 AM   
Timon

Score!

AND....I got this from Steve in a response email

quote:

Thanks, Timon. You may have just made MEG 4 as a character!

Looks like i'm doomed to die in the new book!

He also emailed me a bunch of promo pics/ fan art/teaser posters if anyone's interested. PM me you're email address and i'll send them to you.

(in reply to Peter A. Quinn)
Post #: 56
RE: From the author... - 31/8/2006 8:11:48 AM   
Peter A. Quinn

Timon, now that you're Joe Hollywood, don't forget your friends on the forum, will you? Who's gonna play you when they make Meg 4? Is it true Martin Lawrence has dibs on you? Well done, mate!

This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 57
RE: From the author... - 31/8/2006 8:43:00 AM   
Timon

Nah, I'm thinking my brother from another mother....Kal Penn. OR if I really want to delude myself....Naveen Andrews.

Just as long as I have a glorious death, I don't mind.

(in reply to Peter A. Quinn)
Post #: 58
RE: From the author... - 31/8/2006 9:26:28 AM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

Aww, Steve Alten seems like the sweetest guy

Timon... man, you definitely made this happen  Brilliant dedication to all things MEG! My enthusiasm's gone right up to the Top Stakes again!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 59
RE: From the author... - 2/9/2006 3:47:11 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jessica_ca_ca_ca

My enthusiasm's gone right up to the Top Stakes again!

Me too. I'm looking forward to this now.
With the right effects and a decent story (OK, so it doesn't have to be that decent) we could have a cracking movie on our hands here.
Meg Vs T-Rex? Bring it on.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Meg Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI