Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Meg

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Meg Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Meg - 13/10/2005 11:40:06 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: Meg - 28/3/2006 10:29:17 AM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

I'm really hoping they won't just let this lie there and make a poor B-rated movie. Sure, Deep Blue Sea was entertaining, but it was stylistically trash. I want MEG to be as iconic as Jaws and better, because she is - she chomped up a T-rex in the initial scene for crying out loud!

With the effects they can create these days it better be a hell of a movie, or I'll be terribly disappointed.

Here's hoping, people

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.
Post #: 2
RE: Meg - 28/3/2006 1:23:19 PM   
Peter A. Quinn

Hey, this sounds really cool! I gotta know more-I'll check out the IMDB. As long as the Wachowski brothers aren't involved, I'm in! Screw Snakes On A Plane!

This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face.

(in reply to Jessica_ca_ca_ca)
Post #: 3
RE: Meg - 28/3/2006 1:25:12 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jessica_ca_ca_ca

I want MEG to be as iconic as Jaws and better,

Meaning it should at least equal the classic that is "Shark Attack 3"!

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

Post #: 4
RE: Meg - 28/3/2006 1:41:57 PM   
Timon

Here's the latest updates - MEG Movie Update

UPDATED JANUARY 5, 2006

Happy New Year.
Final budget meetings are taking place in January with New Line Cinema and the "team." And it's an amazing team New Line is putting together, just click over to the second page of this IMDB site and read the resumes.

When will the movie be out?
Most likely in 2007. When New Line makes a date official, I will let you know.

How amazing will the shark look?
Put it this way, you won't be swimming or bathing for a few nights after you see the flick.

Yes, but how big?!
Big enough to eat you and your SUV, my dears.

Has casting begun?
Not yet. First the budget, then the greenlight, then we cast for bait..er, actors.

How is the script?
Amazing. Shane Salerno has done an outstanding job. Outstanding.

How big is the budget?
It's not been finalized yet, but it's BIGGER than the MEG is in terms of a million dollars per foot. And no, I am not going to equate pounds to dollars, or pounds to sterling pounds, for you British folks.

Okay, but seriously, will MEG be scary?
Scary? SCARY!! Is the Pope Catholic? Look, this isn't a big monkey who enjoys the company of blondes or big lizards who want to dance on (and over) Broadway, Megalodon was simply the apex predator of all time, a very REAL monster shark that ACTUALLY LIVED, and may ACTUALLY still be out here. Scary? Great Whites eat surfers, that's scary. Megs eat Great Whites AND surfers, then send for take-out. MEG will be a scary thriller because it will obey the laws of nature. It will kill when its hungry, and if you happen to get in its way...

Will there be a MEG 4 novel?
Yes. The plan is to release MEG 4; Hell's Aquarium just before the MEG movie. (hey, I'm no dummy)

What will MEG 4 be about?
About $25.95. Actually, it will be non-stop action and edge of your seat stuff, more close to The TRENCH than Primal Waters.
That's all for now. Hang in there, spread the word, check the updates, and know I appreciate you!

--Steve Alten

There's even sequel possibilities as Meg author Alten has written two sequels - The Trench & Primal Waters and is planning a fourth!

The Trench

Its appetite is ravenous. Its teeth scalpel-sharp. Its power unstoppable as it smashes the steel doors holding it in a Monterey Aquarium. For the first time, the captive twenty-ton Megalodon shark has tasted human blood, and it wants more. Now, it's feeding time.

On the other side of the world, in the silent depths of the ocean, lies the Mariana Trench, where the Megalodon has spawned since the dawn of time. Paleo-biologist Jonas Taylor once dared to enter this perilous cavern. And he wears the painful scars of that deadly encounter. Now, as the body count rises and the horror of a monster's attack grips the California coast, Jonas must begin the hunt again.

But to do it means returning to the dark terror of the trench... where the MEG is waiting. Using himself as bait, Jonas will enter the ultimate battle - a fight to the death between man and beast in the darkest recesses of the ocean, and a fight for his sanity from the depths of his own tormented soul.

Primal Waters
Eighteen years have passed since Angel broke free of the Tanaka Lagoon and returned to the Mariana Trench. Meanwhile, Jonas Taylor-adventurer, has become Jonas Taylor, middle-aged father of two, overwhelmed by mountains of bills and the daily strife of raising a family. But life is about to change.
A Hollywood television producer wants Jonas to join his new survival series: DAREDEVILS. For the next six weeks, two teams of crazy daredevils on a South Pacific ocean voyage on-board a replica of a Spanish Galleon will try to outperform one another in front of the cameras.
Jonas needs the money, and the job seems easy enough - doing color commentary. But behind the scenes, someone else is pulling the strings. And before it's over, Jonas, Terry, and Mac will again come face to face with the most dangerous creatures ever to stalk the Earth

The man has even written a book about the Loch Ness Monster, imaginatively called - THE LOCH!

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 5
RE: Meg - 28/3/2006 4:36:05 PM   
kumar

whats all this shark attack thingy majiggy i keep hearing about?? i never heard of this 60ft shark film until a minute ago and the artwork^^ looks pretty good!

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 6
RE: Meg - 29/3/2006 12:35:44 AM   
Peter A. Quinn

Will Team Zissou make an appearance?

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 7
RE: Meg - 29/3/2006 8:33:17 AM   
AgentGoth

This is going to be awesome. I've read Meg, and I've read The Trench. Yet to read Primal Waters, but so far, the story is amazingly class. Can't wait for this film, and the new book!

"Sheriff Perry! You are violating my territorial bubble!"

(in reply to Peter A. Quinn)
Post #: 8
RE: Meg - 29/3/2006 9:01:57 AM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

Ok, screw E.M Forster - I'm getting my butt down the library and getting those books out now!  Lol.

By the by, Shark Attack 3/4 whatever is not iconic

All together now, "WE WANT MEG! WE WANT MEG!"

(What? Only football hooligans can get a shout out like that?)

(in reply to AgentGoth)
Post #: 9
RE: Meg - 29/3/2006 9:04:51 AM   
AgentGoth

We're shark hooligans, so that means that we're much better.

Shark Attack 3 is iconic. It's very iconic. It has a Meg, John Barrowman and a guy who jet skis into the Meg's mouth. What more could you want?!

Post #: 10
RE: Meg - 29/3/2006 9:15:52 AM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

quote:

ORIGINAL: AgentGoth

Shark Attack 3 is iconic. It's very iconic. It has a Meg, John Barrowman and a guy who jet skis into the Meg's mouth. What more could you want?!

Actual effects and a bigger shark  Oh, that would be MEG then...

(in reply to AgentGoth)
Post #: 11
RE: Meg - 29/3/2006 9:31:54 AM   
AgentGoth

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: AgentGoth

Actual effects and a bigger shark  Oh, that would be MEG then...

Yeah, they may have a bigger budget, but will their Meg continuously change in shape, size and species? I don't think so, so ha!

Post #: 12
RE: Meg - 29/3/2006 11:31:06 AM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

Lol. Fair enough Goth. I will reserve my judgement until 2007

(in reply to AgentGoth)
Post #: 13
RE: Meg - 29/3/2006 11:34:30 AM   
Peter A. Quinn

Still no sign of Team Zissou...

Post #: 14
RE: Meg - 29/3/2006 1:44:54 PM   
Timon

There are some cool preproduction pictures here - http://www.stevealten.com/images.htm

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Post #: 15
RE: Meg - 29/3/2006 1:48:48 PM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

There are some cool preproduction pictures here - http://www.stevealten.com/images.htm

Wow. Absolutely amazing. I think I'm in a little bit of shock. MEG is going to be bloody brilliant

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 16
RE: Meg - 29/3/2006 2:06:38 PM   
Peter A. Quinn

Wow! And I thought we had shark problems here in Queensland!Fact: The biggest Great White ever caught was only about 40mins. drive from where I live in Brisbane! Pete's Tourist Tips:do not under any circumstances go swimming in Moreton Bay, Hunter. They grow 'em big out there, especially around Stradbroke Island. We're talking 6-7 meters...which is why I never go in the surf. I'll even check a hot tub for dorsal fins...I feel the same way about sharks as Indy does about snakes! Aaaargh!

Post #: 17
RE: Meg - 29/3/2006 2:23:33 PM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

Check: No Moreton Bay.  I'll keep it in mind when I go to the land of Oz in September. Although I'm at pains to confess that I'm not much of a sea-goer since my first viewing of Jaws

Post #: 18
RE: Meg - 29/3/2006 2:31:28 PM   
Peter A. Quinn

September, eh? I don't know where you'll be(Sydney's not that great, y'know-try Bris-Vegas instead! I know this great little pub...), but Spring is really nice around these here parts. You're not thinking of goin' outback, either, are ya? Didn't you see Wolf Creek? I haven't, so don't spoil it for me...

Post #: 19
RE: Meg - 29/3/2006 2:34:52 PM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

I haven't quite decided yet. Perhaps Melbourne or Brisbane? We have friends dotted around the place so we'll see.

I have yet to see Wolf Creek too. I don't think I will now - it might put me off coming!

Post #: 20
RE: Meg - 29/3/2006 2:43:52 PM   
Peter A. Quinn

Yah, Melbourne for shopping (great bookshops and music stores- lotsa cinemas, too), and Bris-Vegas for the...well, just for the atmosphere, Hunter- you'd love it. But, hey, it's up to you...

Post #: 21
RE: Meg - 29/3/2006 2:47:48 PM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter A. Quinn

They grow 'em big out there, especially around Stradbroke Island. We're talking 6-7 meters...which is why I never go in the surf. I'll even check a hot tub for dorsal fins...I feel the same way about sharks as Indy does about snakes! Aaaargh!

6-7metres? Gaaaaaaaaaaah!
Hopefully Meg will not only give me a fear of the sea but also swimming pools, lakes and at a stretch...puddles.

Post #: 22
RE: Meg - 29/3/2006 2:47:50 PM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

Do you know I've just realised that after seeing those images Timon has posted, I might never want to enter the sea again  MEG could actually exist, you know!

In reference to Melbourne, I don't like shopping so much unless its with a purpose, so perhaps it should be saved for a later date. Atmosphere sounds good. But, hey, it's up to me...

Post #: 23
RE: Meg - 29/3/2006 2:52:31 PM   
Timon

quote:

Do you know I've just realised that after seeing those images Timon has posted, I might never want to enter the sea again  MEG could actually exist, you know!

It could...but safely under a layer of warm water which it can't swim beyond for fear of dying from climate change...........apparantly.

Also for all those interested in Shark Films, you may be interested in this future film project - click here

< Message edited by Timon -- 29/3/2006 2:57:12 PM >

Post #: 24
RE: Meg - 29/3/2006 2:56:37 PM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

It could...but safely under a layer of warm water which it can't swim beyond for fear of dying from climate change...........apparantly.

But doesn't MEG evolve?

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 25
RE: Meg - 29/3/2006 3:00:34 PM   
Timon

Maybe - click here for lots of Megalodon info.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 26
RE: Meg - 29/3/2006 3:04:37 PM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

You are the font of much knowledge, O Timon.

Lol  Cheers.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 27
RE: Meg - 30/3/2006 5:32:44 AM   
Peter A. Quinn

Back in 1987, a woman was actually bitten in half (literally!) by one of these prehistoric beasties- a beastie that measured 6 meters in length. It would have been like being hit by a car with a bunch of chainsaws for a grill. Now we have Bull sharks living in the Gold Coast canals! People kept wondering why their dogs kept disappearing after a swim out the backyard, and then some kid got bitten in the arse by one of these fresh-water loving beasties, and the mystery was solved. I used to go swimming in the canals myself as a nipper-no way would I do so these days...

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 28
RE: Meg - 30/3/2006 8:49:35 AM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter A. Quinn

Back in 1987, a woman was actually bitten in half (literally!) by one of these prehistoric beasties- a beastie that measured 6 meters in length. It would have been like being hit by a car with a bunch of chainsaws for a grill. Now we have Bull sharks living in the Gold Coast canals! People kept wondering why their dogs kept disappearing after a swim out the backyard, and then some kid got bitten in the arse by one of these fresh-water loving beasties, and the mystery was solved. I used to go swimming in the canals myself as a nipper-no way would I do so these days...

Are you both trying to scare me from going in the sea ever again or something?

MEG better be as fantastic as those images suggest or I'm going to eat my own bonnet! Assuming I had a bonnet, of course...

Post #: 29
RE: Meg - 14/4/2006 11:43:19 PM   
Timon

New MEG concept art!

From CHUD who are financing the film....

"I got quite a few emails from folks who missed yesterday's live appearance on G4's Attack of the Show! and are dying to see the concept art we ran from the piles of MEG pre-viz stuff. There it is above. Now tell me you wouldn't want to see THAT on the big screen. In a world full of no brainers, it's the cherry on the top of the heap. Cross your fingers that certain folks in corner offices use their brains.

We're working at it. Stay tuned for some official word. In the meantime, dream of giant sharks eating puny mortals and all will be resolved."

Click Here To See A Surfer In Peril

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Meg Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI