Ethan Hunt

Not as bad as some people (including Sly) give it credit for but if
if Rocky has brain damage how does he go the distance in Rocky
Balboa?

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
seriously, the most under-rated film of all time. - 26/4/2008 8:24:39 PM   
cjw11138

ok the street fight is out of place for a rocky film, but besides from that, Rocky V is seriously under-rated. Armed with a great story, interesting characters (well, i mean a kid who can skip past puberty in the space of a couple of months is quite extraoridinary!) a fantastic plot, and some great references to the past, including a brilliant flashback to Mickey, which truly brings rocky full circle. The previous two films lacked the emotional weight of the first two, and fortunatly Rocky V has that, just the lack of a boxing match does drag it down a little. Anyway, it's a film you need to see yourself. I was suprised when i found myself really enjoying the "worst" Rocky film.

Post #: 3
PARALLEL UNIVERSE ROCKY - 28/9/2008 9:40:44 AM   
dhowdy

I refuse to accept this installment belongs in the series. I believe this film was Rocky from a parallel universe. A Rocky where the characters are two dimensional and pantomime in nature (Richard Gant), where glaring inconsistencies reign supreme, (Rocky Jnr was 8 in Rocky 4) and where lame dance music in the vein of MC Hammer dominates the soundtrack where Bill Conti ought to be. This movie is best regarded as a bad dream...

Post #: 4
PARALLEL UNIVERSE ROCKY - 28/9/2008 9:40:57 AM   
dhowdy

I refuse to accept this installment belongs in the series. I believe this film was Rocky from a parallel universe. A Rocky where the characters are two dimensional and pantomime in nature (Richard Gant), where glaring inconsistencies reign supreme, (Rocky Jnr was 8 in Rocky 4) and where lame dance music in the vein of MC Hammer dominates the soundtrack where Bill Conti ought to be. This movie is best regarded as a bad dream...

Post #: 5
ROCKY V - 5/2/2009 5:20:58 AM   
WiseGuy101

undoubtedly the weakest of the rocky films combines two cliched storylines; a man trying to find redemption by passing on his wisdom to another and a boy learning how to fight off school bullies. I was surprised to learn that Jon G. Avildsen had returned to the director's seat to do this when it was his good grace that had won the first Rocky 3 Oscars.

Post #: 6
- 28/10/2010 5:19:09 PM   
stevolegendbauer

The worst rocky film. There isnt even a proper training montage. just some weedy kid doin a few push ups. The final fight is decent the rest is very poor.

Post #: 7
rocky 5 - 6/12/2011 11:12:14 AM   
antosh25

worst one ! deffinently.
That street fight wasn't even a street fight ! And hip hop was rubbish to.

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Rocky V Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI