Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Sam Mendes Explains His Bond 24 Return

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Sam Mendes Explains His Bond 24 Return Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sam Mendes Explains His Bond 24 Return - 30/4/2014 7:16:41 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 30/4/2014 7:16:41 PM   
ericcoyle

The best Bond in years and still a fairly run-of-the-mill film. It was so ful of plot holes and inconsistencies and sexist stupidities ("just escaped a life as a virtual sex slave love? I better follow you into the shower then. About to be shot? I'll wait until theyve killed you then before I bother doing anything). Massively overrated, although to be fair it was beautifully directed and shot. Still, it would be nice to have a consistent story line and characters you genuinely care about for once. maybe it will be second time lucky. Come back OHMSS, you really were a classic after all.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: - 30/4/2014 8:15:57 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: ericcoyle

The best Bond in years and still a fairly run-of-the-mill film. It was so ful of plot holes and inconsistencies and sexist stupidities ("just escaped a life as a virtual sex slave love? I better follow you into the shower then. About to be shot? I'll wait until theyve killed you then before I bother doing anything). Massively overrated, although to be fair it was beautifully directed and shot. Still, it would be nice to have a consistent story line and characters you genuinely care about for once. maybe it will be second time lucky. Come back OHMSS, you really were a classic after all.

This.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to ericcoyle)
Post #: 3
Continue the good work! - 30/4/2014 11:30:49 PM   
dannyfletch

Can't wait for the next instalment. Skyfall is definitely one of the best Bond films and was made for true Bond fans who are actually fans of Ian Flemings (not the awful Brosnan era or the Carry on Bond era with Moore!) Bond. Read the books and see how faithful it actually is to the original character!

Post #: 4
RE: Continue the good work! - 1/5/2014 6:48:23 PM   
I_Like_Dragons

The video's not working for me; I keep getting the message that Hulu doesn't like the fact that I'm from outside the US, even with Proxmate. Anyone have a mirror?

(in reply to dannyfletch)
Post #: 5
Ignore last post! - 1/5/2014 6:49:40 PM   
I_Like_Dragons

Turns out, video works fine if I disable Proxmate. Live and learn...

Post #: 6
All Bonds - 1/5/2014 11:25:00 PM   
magnicmac

Looking forward to the next Bond film. I like all the Bond actors. I think it depends on what mood you're in. Old fashioned action watch Sean, George. Crazy over-the-top fun watch Roger. Realistic action watch Timothy. Stylish over-the-top set-pieces watch Pierce. Hard-hitting modern action watch Craig. Heart-warming stories watch Home and Away.

Post #: 7
Did they not learn? - 2/5/2014 4:30:25 PM   
Alex M...

From Quantum of Shite? Skyfall was a pastiche Bond film and I wont be watching another 'Sequel Story'

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Sam Mendes Explains His Bond 24 Return Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI