Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

New Star Wars Films Will Not Plunder The Novels

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New Star Wars Films Will Not Plunder The Novels Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Star Wars Films Will Not Plunder The Novels - 22/4/2014 10:16:37 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Soo in other words... - 22/4/2014 10:16:37 AM   
GrizBe

The new movies are going to render the canon of the Expanded Universe into non-canon. Seems about right for a company who used the property just to make money off of it... Oh wait, its own by Disney now... Ah.. no difference then.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
*ahem* - 22/4/2014 2:13:32 PM   
chilli_green

That's GRAND Admiral Thrawn, thankyouverymuch.

Post #: 3
"It'll work. It'll work." - 22/4/2014 5:12:22 PM   
Litshttam

So long as the new movies don't explicitly contradict the EU, then it still counts. Chill. Think Prometheus; for all the movie and its internet timeline lets on, Peter Weyland is Charles Bishop Weyland's son. You can explore new territory without eradicating what went before, you know.

Post #: 4
I Swear - 22/4/2014 6:47:44 PM   
SteadyEddie

If next edition hints at any lovey dovey crap like the first 3 episodes ill go mad the would have been half decent if that tripe wasn't included. Actually the first 3 were just awful apart from the odd battle scene

Post #: 5
RE: I Swear - 24/4/2014 4:53:03 AM   
NeoBrowser

If the next trilogy is just a rehash of the original trilogy I will be pissed off. Lets explore some new territory like the FANTASTIC Prequels did!

(in reply to SteadyEddie)
Post #: 6
RE: I Swear - 24/4/2014 9:39:03 AM   
BelfastBoy

The EU stuff got so convoluted and complicated it's probably best that (like the equally confusing Star Trek expanded materials accumulated over decades) the new films ignore them. However, it should also be remembered that the planetary name 'Coruscant' originated in Timothy Zahn's novels and was adopted by Lucas for the SW prequels.

(in reply to NeoBrowser)
Post #: 7
RE: New Star Wars Films Will Not Plunder The Novels - 26/4/2014 7:49:04 AM   
Basse

New Star Wars? WOW! I can not wait

Post #: 8
Star Wars spin offs - 28/4/2014 5:40:28 PM   
MIKETHEBIKE2006

Recall excitedly (aged 7 or 8) buying a spin off Novell " Splinter of the minds eye" which was knocked out as a potential episode V quite quickly ( and I think showed even at that age). Don't recall it ever being treated as cannon or referred to by any other part of the Star Wars saga so there is prior to doing this sort of thing. Personally tried hard to find things to enjoy in the prequels (young children do like them) and looking forward to J J s effort though I expect them, like his other works to be good well made fare which I only ever watch once for some reason?

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New Star Wars Films Will Not Plunder The Novels Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI