Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Captain America 3 Vs. Superman Vs. Batman

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Captain America 3 Vs. Superman Vs. Batman Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Captain America 3 Vs. Superman Vs. Batman - 14/3/2014 12:10:57 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
A bit depressing... - 14/3/2014 12:10:57 AM   
d0m_l

The thought that this machine spitting out endless superhero films will still be running in 2016 makes for sorry reading. Does anyone remember when a new superhero film used to be an event? Now you only have chance to build up the same amount of anticipation that you experience whilst waiting for the next bus.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Battle of the Superheroes - 14/3/2014 8:42:21 AM   
sleepwalker

I agree, there can be too much of a good thing however when the quality is high and they are trying something new with every film (Marvel Studios) then i think there is still some life in the Genre yet.

What annoys me is these opening on the same day shennanigans, it seems petty, yes one or both franchises will suffer for it! why not open a few weeks apart.

< Message edited by sleepwalker -- 14/3/2014 8:43:59 AM >

Post #: 3
dont uderestimate the power of... - 14/3/2014 8:56:37 AM   
Alex M...

Smurfs 3

Post #: 4
Marvel will blink - 14/3/2014 10:18:27 AM   
cra1gs

After seeing this announcement it is obvious that Marvel will blink first.

Superman & Batman Vs. Captain America. I know who my money is on & it's not on the weakest Marvel cinematic character.

Marvel will move this when Captain Amercia under performs at the box office not only in the states but the world. The first film was boring & I'll wait for this to come on DVD.

Where as Superman & Batman. I'll be there opening night in 3D.

Post #: 5
DC will blink - 14/3/2014 1:05:35 PM   
Adsyboy

Man of Steel was below par. Now, they're doing a sequel, but cramming it full of Justice League Members who they haven't taken the time to introduce properly the way Marvel did AND they've got the Ben Affleck thing to convince us all of (I appreciate Chris Hewitt's optimism but I think it could go either way).

By putting their biggest superheroes in to one film - which despite reassurances that they're 'further along than people realise' (Sept 2013) - still doesn't have a finished script, they may as well call it Man of Steel: All Our Eggs Reside In His Basket. If they mess it up, they could screw two franchises at once (not to mention Wonder Woman and whoever else will pop up).

And in the red, white and blue corner you have Cap - whose first film was fantastic (I thought) whose last film (Avengers) is the third highest grossing film of all time (more than $1.5 BILLION) and Winter Soldier has apparently been getting ecstatic reactions at test screenings, giving them the confidence push full steam ahead with the same crew for the sequel even before the box office receipts are in. Make no mistake - Winter Soldier is about to make a bilgesnipe of money.

If I were DC, I'd be very worried. Not just about taking a hit at the box office on the opening weekend, but the loss of face when your two biggest heroes are soundly thrashed and ridden around the paddock by a hero who, a few years ago, was written off as outdated and camp.

Personally, I'll be seeing Cap that day, and leaving Supes as something to look forward to the weekend after - because I've so much invested now in the MCU and what little I've seen of the 'DCU' so far has been ...just alright. A bit humourless, a bit destructive, but visually impressive and full of potential.

Either way, can I have a signed photo of Helen O'Hara please?

< Message edited by Adsyboy -- 14/3/2014 1:08:11 PM >

Post #: 6
RE: DC will blink - 14/3/2014 1:13:35 PM   
Chris Boomen

They won't fight each other. One of them will blink, because both of them will be hurt immensely if they'd try to compete.

WB will probably move. Thing is, if Cap3 underperforms at that day, it will still give a massive stab to BvS. Marvel has multiple properties on which they can continue their story, and one lower box office to get rid of a complete competitor could be worth it. WB only has the Batman and Superman franchises. They do not have the same interest in setting up a DCCU because they have a lot of other big franchises as well. WB won't let it happen that their comic book franchise dies off.

Really annoyed by all the DC vs. Marvel talk, as it's obvious that one will move...

"I love all the arts, but I love movies most because they combine so many of them."
~Brad Bird

(in reply to Adsyboy)
Post #: 7
RE: DC will blink - 14/3/2014 1:46:11 PM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Boomen

They won't fight each other. One of them will blink, because both of them will be hurt immensely if they'd try to compete.

Agreed. It'll never happen.

(in reply to Chris Boomen)
Post #: 8
RE: DC will blink - 14/3/2014 2:11:12 PM   
musht

quote:

WB will probably move. Thing is, if Cap3 underperforms at that day, it will still give a massive stab to BvS. Marvel has multiple properties on which they can continue their story, and one lower box office to get rid of a complete competitor could be worth it. WB only has the Batman and Superman franchises. They do not have the same interest in setting up a DCCU because they have a lot of other big franchises as well. WB won't let it happen that their comic book franchise dies off.

Really annoyed by all the DC vs. Marvel talk, as it's obvious that one will move...

Agree. It depends on how Cap 2 does. Also couldn't 3 be Evans's last outing in stars stripes?

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

Post #: 9
RE: DC will blink - 14/3/2014 5:19:12 PM   
Chris Boomen

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

quote:

Agree. It depends on how Cap 2 does. Also couldn't 3 be Evans's last outing in stars stripes?

Technically it could. It would be his fifth movie, but he has a contract for six movies, so I'm guessing he'll be in the avengers 3 as well.

"I love all the arts, but I love movies most because they combine so many of them."
~Brad Bird

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 10
RE: DC will blink - 14/3/2014 7:23:12 PM   
musht

quote:

quote:

quote:

Technically it could. It would be his fifth movie, but he has a contract for six movies, so I'm guessing he'll be in the avengers 3 as well.

Did his appearance in Thor 2 count? If it did then Cap 3 will be his last, 3 stand alones, 2 Avengers, 1 cameo

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

Post #: 11
Marvel should move.. - 14/3/2014 7:50:33 PM   
Cool Breeze

...as much as Captain America is popular, he isnt even nearly as popular as Superman and Batman.Man Of Steel did more than twice as much box office as Caps first outing and with Batman in the next one it should make close to a billion.Cap cant possibly compete with that unless Cap 3 has Iron Man in it.

Post #: 12
RE: Marvel should move.. - 15/3/2014 1:32:35 PM   
Chris Boomen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Did his appearance in Thor 2 count? If it did then Cap 3 will be his last, 3 stand alones, 2 Avengers, 1 cameo

It probably doesn't count as it was uncredited. Originally they did not plan him to be in it, so they probably had to check whether Evans wanted to and could do it contractwise without ruining a chance of him in a 3rd avengers.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

...as much as Captain America is popular, he isnt even nearly as popular as Superman and Batman.Man Of Steel did more than twice as much box office as Caps first outing and with Batman in the next one it should make close to a billion.Cap cant possibly compete with that unless Cap 3 has Iron Man in it.

BvS will make much more over a billion if the marketing is executed well and they move to another weekend. I'd go for July 1st if I were them.

~Brad Bird

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 13
- 21/3/2014 12:51:57 AM   
cliff126

I bet if The Winter Soldier does well in the late March/early April slot, Marvel will most likely move to April. It's also good given the only other film scheduled for April 2016 is The Mummy remake.

Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Captain America 3 Vs. Superman Vs. Batman Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI