Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Is A New Matrix Trilogy On The Way?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Is A New Matrix Trilogy On The Way? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is A New Matrix Trilogy On The Way? - 2/3/2014 7:15:50 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 2/3/2014 7:15:50 PM   
Bluehawk

I still don't accept the generalized hate against the second and third movie. They were perfect translations of different, international storytelling styles bundled into a Hollywood-type blockbuster. People were unjustifiably demanding more techno-thriller, which was never a real option (like film-noirs, they are simply not sequel styles).

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
NO - 2/3/2014 7:24:57 PM   
bleugh07

No

Post #: 3
RE: - 2/3/2014 7:35:29 PM   
cadz

Understand your comment to a certain extent. I know it's the old adage and everything, but what can be expected of big budget sequels anyway these days, the hype always transcends the results.
As much as I enjoy reading Empire, there's definitely a favouritism inset in the upcoming Star Wars sequel things too, which to me are about as enticing as a Danny Dyer thriller at this point.
The example in that article states about the Matrix sequels that they 'didnít exactly live up to that groundbreaking first effort aside from isolated set pieces and those all-important box office results' which is fair enough, but surely that's all the upcoming Star Wars are similarly aiming for? No point in attempting to separate the issue when it comes to sci-fi series sequels. If anything Reloaded and Revolutions still contained more interesting moments than anything in George Lucas's prequels...

(in reply to Bluehawk)
Post #: 4
Why not? - 2/3/2014 7:53:31 PM   
StarChildPhantom

I too do not understand the generalised hate towards the second and third films. I agree that they are not exactly considered to be a great classic as the first film which raised the levels high in film-making. However, though they have their flaws, Reloaded and Revolutions could not have been any better than they were and they rounded the story just nicely. What more could they have offered? A new trilogy or at least a fourth film would be very welcoming to the franchise I feel, like Star Wars/LOTR/Pirates etc The Matrix has a big universe to offer, with many characters and stories yet to be explored, and why not, if done rightly and with a great story treatment, it could work. I personally believe that the Wachowskis only broke the tip of the iceberg with films 1-3 and have alot more to offer, but not so much to cram in in a single film which would make sense to pursue a new trilogy. There is certainly alot more to the Architect than we saw, the end of Revolutions left me questioning his next motives, it seems that this 'peace' that was restored is only temporary.

< Message edited by StarChildPhantom -- 2/3/2014 7:55:06 PM >

Post #: 5
- 2/3/2014 8:52:34 PM   
adanijali

Three movies, three different scenes, but of course, part one remains a classic. But i don't think that prequel would work for The Matrix. Question is, what after. If Neo is dead, the new One takes his place, if he's alive...what happened to him. They left open door for a sequel.

Post #: 6
RE: - 2/3/2014 8:56:28 PM   
GrizBe

Really theres only two ways you could go with this... The prequels of how the world came to be as it is, and the establishing of the first Matrix. Or, the Sequel route where things are finally resolved.

Face it... M3 didn't resolve jack. Neo may have stopped Agent Smith, but the Machines and their city were still there, and Zion was still only just one city against the combined might of their oppressors.

Personally, I feel that the prequels would be the more interesting set of films... How humans first awakened, the setting up of the resistance etc... The Sequels would just be pretty much the same old we've already had over again.

(in reply to adanijali)
Post #: 7
No - 2/3/2014 10:23:01 PM   
SuperShell

Please don't do this, it will ruin the original and just make people want to watch the other two which were not as good. Just think of a different film to make... Or skip one this year, there's plenty coming out already

Post #: 8
Who cares! - 3/3/2014 7:07:19 AM   
Theghostfrommars

Nuff said!

Post #: 9
exactly, WHY NOT - 3/3/2014 7:46:16 AM   
ideorium

i believe there are still so many exciting things to explore in the Matrix, so why not. I just hope they keep the same fashion and artistic style with glory bullet time flow motion scenes..

Post #: 10
Good idea, but it has to be tight. - 3/3/2014 10:28:49 AM   
Nicky C

The reason why the first one works is that it has a solid structure and a mythic hero. The sequels took too long to resolve anything and were, frankly, portentous. The third one is like watching a bible movie, FFS. Half expected Charlton Heston to turn up with the Ten Commandments. If they keep it tight and fun then more Matrix films would be brilliant. First one's a stone classic.

Post #: 11
RE: Good idea, but it has to be tight. - 3/3/2014 12:59:19 PM   
Dr Lenera

I actually rate the second film higher than the first. More and [mostly] better action, better pacing [at least until near the end] and cleverly developing its ideas. How people can't understand what the Architect says is beyond me.The third was a bit of a let down, but still decent. Overall a great trilogy, and I can't wait to see what the Wachowski's come up with, but I fear, as with the brilliant Cloud Atlas and the hugely fun Speed Racer, they are just on not on the same wave length as the general movie going public.

check out more of my reviews on http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/

(in reply to Nicky C)
Post #: 12
Would love to see more Matrix - 3/3/2014 2:39:50 PM   
nybras

But it has to be great writing, worthwhile to try at least capture what the first one did. Like the Animatrix and the massive battle/war scene, imagine that?!

Post #: 13
RE: Is A New Matrix Trilogy On The Way? - 3/3/2014 5:42:33 PM   
rich

quote:

According to the team at Latino Review

I bet they have an exclusive insider who happened to see someone nearby the Warner's lot using a spoon

Meanwhile...

Post #: 14
Why the heck not? - 3/3/2014 8:32:58 PM   
TroyPutland

If the likes of Star Wars can carry on and not garner much negative attention, why can't The Matrix. I'm not a fan of the second and third films, but if these new ones were somewhere along the lines of the first, then bring it on!

Post #: 15
The Matrix Recut - 3/3/2014 10:21:17 PM   
Litshttam

Fine by me. I'd also like a collected edit of Reloaded & Revolutions (halves of the same whole, anyway) with trimmings; that bloody rave in Reloaded can go for a start! I've long felt there's a great film trying to break out of that duology...

Post #: 16
- 3/3/2014 11:51:20 PM   
Darren47

Agent Smith: Mr Anderson...Do you agree that rebooting the Matrix is a good idea?
Neo: No.
Agnet Smith: Very well then.
They end up having an awesome choreographed kung fu scene.
AND SCENE

Post #: 17
RE: - 4/3/2014 10:24:47 PM   
Darth Marenghi

Has to be said, I don't believe this is in any way happening and won't until the Wachowskis themselves put out a statement.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Darren47)
Post #: 18
What took so long? - 15/5/2014 10:21:17 AM   
Instagrat

Honestly, the way this trilogy was set up, there could be a movie series made every decade. True, the first one was the best of the first trilogy but I always wondered why haven't they come up with the next movie? It does not even have to be prequels like the silly Star wars series.

Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Is A New Matrix Trilogy On The Way? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI