Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Terry Gilliam's Watchman Ending Revealed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Terry Gilliam's Watchman Ending Revealed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Terry Gilliam's Watchman Ending Revealed - 28/2/2014 10:43:47 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
That sounds brilliant. - 28/2/2014 10:43:47 AM   
Nicky C

Absolutely inspired. Shame we didn't get to see it. Not that I think there's anything wrong with Snyder's film, but ... wow ... that would have been really cool. Mind you, so's the squid.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Yeah but no - 28/2/2014 11:09:46 AM   
mushonastick

Fascinating, classically 'Gilliam' ending which I'd have loved to see, but kinda misses the whole citywide-sacrifice-for-the-greater-good thing that's at the heart the story.

Post #: 3
RE: Yeah but no - 28/2/2014 1:09:07 PM   
Osric

Love Gilliam, but that sounds TERRIBLE. I like Snyder's ending actually. I think it works well. Not sure the squid would have played on screen.

(in reply to mushonastick)
Post #: 4
Hmmm... - 28/2/2014 1:36:57 PM   
kristof07

Sounds a bit like Time Bandits to me. I know Gilliam loves this sort of thing and I cpmpletely understand why it could work, but I think it would've undermined Doctor Manhatten's character arc- particularly following his retyurn from Mars having decided that humanity might be worth saving. Just saying.

Post #: 5
If only... - 28/2/2014 2:47:45 PM   
kisswithatear

Hey I love Gilliam too but yeah, I don't think that would've worked as well as say, giant squid... I didn't mind Snyder's ending either (still no giant squid so still disappointing). To be fair though, Gilliam's film would've been so very different and with this ending that would definitely need some shifting in the characters and what the story would mean. Gilliam's is a more philosophical look at the nature of comic book characters whereas Moore's intent was the devastating effect of them in a real environment. Both are thrilling but I'd love to see Gilliam's interpretation someday.

Post #: 6
- 28/2/2014 9:55:46 PM   
d0m_l

... and then they woke up and it was all a dream. I love Gilliam, but come on... this is a bad concept.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Terry Gilliam's Watchman Ending Revealed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI