Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Karl Urban Fans The Dredd Sequel Flames

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Karl Urban Fans The Dredd Sequel Flames Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Karl Urban Fans The Dredd Sequel Flames - 25/2/2014 9:05:27 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 25/2/2014 9:05:27 PM   
UTB

What would be awesome is for a studio to say f*ck it - we're making this (low budget) film whether it makes a profit or not.

There must be much bigger pictures Lionsgate have made a loss on. If they play this right they could even have a hit.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: - 25/2/2014 9:23:28 PM   
GrizBe

Dredd should have a sequel. I thoughrally believe that people talking about it being too much like The Raid and comparing it to Stallones version unfairly killed it.

Seriously.. get out there and make the sequel. And market it properly this time.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 3
WE WANT DREDD 2 NOW! - 25/2/2014 10:15:28 PM   
Cool Breeze

Dredd is one of the best comic book based movies ever and miles better than The Raid! Please let their be a sequel, i want to see Dredd and Anderson take on The Dark Judges!

Post #: 4
RE: WE WANT DREDD 2 NOW! - 25/2/2014 10:38:55 PM   
Osric

The dark judges would be SO fucking shit on film. If you wanted the franchise to come back and be instantly killed again and laughed off screens, that'd be the way to go.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 5
C'mon Lionsgate! - 26/2/2014 9:36:56 AM   
Nicky C

Dredd was really cool and I hope we get another. What I liked most is that it was tightly structured and had R-rated action. It reminds me of the 80s action movies I grew up with, like the original Robocop etc. I remember watching Dark Knight Rises and being thrown completely out of the experience because there was no blood during all the shooting. As a man in his mid-thirties I don't care for all this PG-13 BS. Adults like genre movies too, y'know?

Post #: 6
PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE!!!! - 26/2/2014 10:48:51 AM   
clintonOMA

If this happens, please don't tone it down, watching an actual 18 rated movie for the first time in ages was really refreshing.

Post #: 7
Justice must be served! - 26/2/2014 11:11:13 AM   
dreddhead

Dredd was one of those most rare and precious things, a movie that actually deserved a sequel!
I really hope beyond hope to see Karl Urban and Olivia Thirlby hitting the mean streets of Mega-City One again soon!

Post #: 8
Justice must be served! - 26/2/2014 11:13:56 AM   
dreddhead

Dredd was one of those most rare and precious things, a movie that actually deserved a sequel!
I really hope beyond hope to see Karl Urban and Olivia Thirlby hitting the mean streets of Mega-City One again soon!

Post #: 9
Justice must be served! - 26/2/2014 11:14:33 AM   
dreddhead

Post #: 10
yes please - 27/2/2014 3:08:28 PM   
Gram Woods

fingers crossed for this, hopefully with a bigger budget as the vehicles and cityscapes were all that let it down.

Post #: 11
- 27/2/2014 9:02:18 PM   
cliff126

You'd think Lionsgate would have enough damn money to co-produce and fund Dredd 2. All they need to do is market the film more than before, and avoid 3D. 2D is what Dredd is about. He's not a man of spectacle, and the stories aren't about that, either.
Look at what good and bad films they've released:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_theatrically_released_Lionsgate_films
There's so much talk for a sequel, so just greenlight it already. I'm sure Garland would make the sequel more satirical, and maybe have the Judge Cal storyline. And maybe the Cursed Earth.

Post #: 12
- 4/3/2014 9:50:59 AM   
Trubie

I would only watch a sequel with Karl Urban as Dredd it was great to see an comic book film made for adults and not children....

Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Karl Urban Fans The Dredd Sequel Flames Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI