Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Full Guardians Of The Galaxy Trailer Flies in

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Full Guardians Of The Galaxy Trailer Flies in Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Full Guardians Of The Galaxy Trailer Flies in - 19/2/2014 6:35:26 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: Was it just me... - 19/2/2014 9:01:02 AM   
Chronicle

Had never heard of this since I'm not a comic reader but this just looks great. With some good marketing this could turn out to be box-office gold.
Post #: 2
RE: Is that...? - 19/2/2014 5:21:33 PM   
superdan

On the strength of that trailer you can count me in. Looks like it doesn't take itself as seriously as some of the other Marvel films which when you've got a gun-toting space raccoon is fairly essential.
Post #: 3
Guardians of the Galaxy Trailer - 19/2/2014 6:23:13 PM   
Scruffybobby

Watched it this morning, looks like a hell of a lot of fun. I've had that song stuck in my head all bloody day though.

I want to taste you like yogurt.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 4
RE: Oh no! Serafinowicz... - 19/2/2014 7:44:04 PM   
Cool Breeze

Looks like a lot of fun.Will definetly check this out.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''
Post #: 5
RE: - 19/2/2014 9:23:11 PM   
Overmind

Kevin Spacey + [hard core(fantasy/SciFi)] = win

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS
Post #: 6
RE: Green? - 20/2/2014 12:47:12 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sparkykelly69

Is it just me or does Zoe Salanda look even hotter painted green?

Nope. Not just you.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog
Post #: 7
RE: MCU - 21/2/2014 11:24:16 AM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: djdjk

This looks like great fun in and of itself, but I am very worried about the impact it will have on the Marvel Cinematic Universe as a whole. If I see Robert Downey Jr on screen with a CGI racoon in the future, I'm done. Much more excited about Cap 2 I must admit.

Right, but you're perfectly willing to accept a giant green rage monster, a guy in a star-spangled outfit with metallic shield and a norse thunder god with a remote controlled hammer?

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

On the strength of that trailer you can count me in. Looks like it doesn't take itself as seriously as some of the other Marvel films which when you've got a gun-toting space raccoon is fairly essential.

People said the same thing about taking Thor seriously alongside a 'grounded' Iron Man but that didn't turn out to be a problem. Besides, it's a bit daft not to be on-board with a gun toting talking raccoon when you have a green rage monster, star-spangled shield guy and a hammer god all in another film. At least you're fine with a walking talking tree.

I never doubted that GOTG would be all right as I think it explores the Marvel universe further and offers a nice counterpoint to the Avengers and Earth. I think a big crossover will definitely happen in the future.

< Message edited by Emyr Thy King -- 21/2/2014 11:34:04 AM >

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self
Post #: 8
RE: MCU - 22/2/2014 10:44:47 AM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Emyr Thy King

People said the same thing about taking Thor seriously alongside a 'grounded' Iron Man but that didn't turn out to be a problem. Besides, it's a bit daft not to be on-board with a gun toting talking raccoon when you have a green rage monster, star-spangled shield guy and a hammer god all in another film. At least you're fine with a walking talking tree.

Thor was a huge risk at the time, despite the fundamental character being part of cultural awareness since the Vikings worshipped him. Plus I've seen a green rage monster, star-spangled shield guy, a hammer god and a walking talking tree represented in one way or another on film and TV before. A gun-toting space raccoon is a new one for me. But I've no doubt you knew what I meant anyway.

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 9
RE: The future is GREEN! - 24/2/2014 8:19:27 AM   
Pandora

Looking at the trailer, this could be really good and a lot of fun. I guess it depends on getting the tone of the movie right - camp?
Post #: 10
RE: The future is GREEN! - 24/2/2014 8:19:48 AM   
Pandora

(double post)

< Message edited by Pandora -- 24/2/2014 8:20:36 AM >
Post #: 11
looks like a pot of gold - 19/5/2014 8:00:28 PM   
GZ

Is it me or is this the same trailer! If this isn't on QT's top ten then count me out until it hits the supermarkets for £5 and Empire do we have to say xxxx film flies in or xxx film stomps in or xxxx film has arrived at your doorstep Jesus! Starlord looks dope though hope he cracks skulls!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 12
RE: MCU - 2/6/2014 8:47:09 AM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Emyr Thy King

Thor was a huge risk at the time, despite the fundamental character being part of cultural awareness since the Vikings worshipped him. Plus I've seen a green rage monster, star-spangled shield guy, a hammer god and a walking talking tree represented in one way or another on film and TV before. A gun-toting space raccoon is a new one for me. But I've no doubt you knew what I meant anyway.

Yes but you've seen talking animals before in various films, animations, computer games etc that you should be au fait with it. We're in the world of the ridiculous, outlandish but fun. The point is all the ones mentioned above are equally ridiculous and outlandish that it makes no sense to cherry pick which ones are 'believable'.. but I've no doubt you knew what I meant anyway.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Full Guardians Of The Galaxy Trailer Flies in Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI