Poor Poor Tarantino

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> Poor Poor Tarantino Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Poor Poor Tarantino - 12/2/2014 8:35:37 PM   
Onlythebassist

No, this thread isn't about the script being leaked.

I'm talking about how pretty much every interview I have ever seen with him has boiled down to the age old question,
'Do violent films make violent people?'
which has, in my opinion, been posed to him enough times to drive him insane.

Cast your minds back to the Django Unchained promo with Krishnan Guru-Murthy (link below). Lots of controversy at a sensitive time, which did not look good on Tarantino's part. Granted he is not, nor are his fans, overly concerned about public image. Any press is good press, right? Even when your portfolio is being used as a bouc emissaire for unforeseeable tragedies and the popularity of firearms?

Interview w/ Krishnan Guru-Murthy

What do you think? Should he still be regularly asked about film violence, like a pseudo-surprise quiz? Or can the media just let the ball drop, once and for all?

'You have my money taped to your tits, technically you do work for me' - Donnie, The Wolf of Wall Street, 2013
Post #: 1
RE: Poor Poor Tarantino - 12/2/2014 9:12:28 PM   
rich

No, it's a moronic question and they should drop it unless they want to sound like the Daily Mail forever prattling on about this stuff.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Onlythebassist)
Post #: 2
RE: Poor Poor Tarantino - 13/2/2014 8:41:34 AM   
Chronicle

People that still ask those kind of questions are just bad journalist that don't know what else to talk about. Seriously, we've known since his first film that there are usually pretty violent scenes in them. If you don't want to talk about the movie just don't interview the man..

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 3
RE: Poor Poor Tarantino - 13/2/2014 6:46:07 PM   
Whistler

It's a stupid question to keep asking. QT didn't come off great in that interview with Guru-Murthy, but you can hardly blame him for just getting fed up once and for all. It's not like he's the only person to make violent films, or use the N word.

(in reply to Chronicle)
Post #: 4
RE: Poor Poor Tarantino - 13/2/2014 8:18:37 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

It's a stupid question to keep asking. QT didn't come off great in that interview with Guru-Murthy, but you can hardly blame him for just getting fed up once and for all. It's not like he's the only person to make violent films, or use the N word.

I agree that it is a bit lazy to keep asking him about violence in his movies, but in the case of DU he made a big deal out of it tackling slavery so he should then be prepared to answer questions on that theme.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 5
RE: Poor Poor Tarantino - 19/2/2014 3:09:32 AM   
ManBehindTheCurtain

People don't ask Michael Bay "Do you think explosions in movies make people want to blow up cars and buildings?"

People don't ask Terrence Malick "Do you think long, ponderous films about human nature make people want to make home movies about naval gazing in their personal lives with strange editing techniques being used?"

People don't ask Uwe Boll "Do you think you should even make movies considering how bad all of your films are?" anymore because he had boxing matches with his harshest critics and beat them as senseless as his plots.

People need to stop assuming the media is that influential and accept dumb people do dumb things for dumb reasons because they are dumb.
Post #: 6
RE: Poor Poor Tarantino - 26/2/2014 7:49:43 PM   
OldGrey

I believe that Tarantino should be held accountable for violence in the world.
Steve McQueen should take responsibility for slavery and Paul Greengrass should take a long, hard look at himself for encouraging piracy on the high seas.

(in reply to Onlythebassist)
Post #: 7
RE: Poor Poor Tarantino - 27/2/2014 8:13:28 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: ManBehindTheCurtain

People don't ask Michael Bay "Do you think explosions in movies make people want to blow up cars and buildings?"

People don't ask Terrence Malick "Do you think long, ponderous films about human nature make people want to make home movies about naval gazing in their personal lives with strange editing techniques being used?"

People don't ask Uwe Boll "Do you think you should even make movies considering how bad all of your films are?" anymore because he had boxing matches with his harshest critics and beat them as senseless as his plots.

People need to stop assuming the media is that influential and accept dumb people do dumb things for dumb reasons because they are dumb.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to ManBehindTheCurtain)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> Poor Poor Tarantino Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI