Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

40 Movies You (Probably) Didn't Know Were Comic Books

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> 40 Movies You (Probably) Didn't Know Were Comic Books Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
40 Movies You (Probably) Didn't Know Were Comic Books - 12/2/2014 4:03:50 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Needs renaming to.. - 12/2/2014 4:03:50 PM   
GrizBe

.. 40 Movies EVERYONE knew were comic books.

Seriously Empire, do any of you watch movies anymore?

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: Needs renaming to.. - 13/2/2014 12:26:04 PM   
Ali Plumb

Not one. Also, what are movies?

I watch TV with that guy!

(in reply to GrizBe)
Post #: 3
RE: Needs renaming to.. - 13/2/2014 1:01:30 PM   
GrizBe

I don't know to either laugh or take that seriously...

(in reply to Ali Plumb)
Post #: 4
Oblivion - 14/2/2014 12:31:20 AM   
chrispdaniel

Just out of curiosity, did the Oblivion graphic novel actually get made? After watching the special features on the blu-ray and seeing some of the artwork I thought it would be an excellent purchase, but looking online I can't find any evidence of it actually being completed.

Have to say I have enjoyed this list, and was surprised at a few of the inclusions on here. Not all of us Empire readers are know-it-alls, though we do of course bow to those with such superior knowledge and will allow them to scoff at us for our lacking of it.

Also, the graphic novel for The Fountain is very good. I love that film. Saw it at the cinema, bought it on DVD, bought the soundtrack, the graphic novel and then last year re-bought the film on blu-ray.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 5
RE: Needs renaming to.. - 14/2/2014 3:05:57 AM   
balkaster

quote:

ORIGINAL: GrizBe

.. 40 Movies EVERYONE knew were comic books.

Seriously Empire, do any of you watch movies anymore?

I have to second this calling of BS on the article. You'd have to have been living under a rock for the last half century, or somehow have avoided any and all contact with entertainment news media, to not know that these are based in some way on comics. Also, The Addams Family was never a comic book (it was a gag block appearing in The New Yorker), and to claim that John Hughes' Weird Science was based on the EC comic is like claiming that a Volkswagen Beetle is an actual insect.

(in reply to GrizBe)
Post #: 6
RE: Oblivion - 14/2/2014 10:49:23 AM   
GrizBe

quote:

ORIGINAL: chrispdaniel

Just out of curiosity, did the Oblivion graphic novel actually get made? After watching the special features on the blu-ray and seeing some of the artwork I thought it would be an excellent purchase, but looking online I can't find any evidence of it actually being completed.

Have to say I have enjoyed this list, and was surprised at a few of the inclusions on here. Not all of us Empire readers are know-it-alls, though we do of course bow to those with such superior knowledge and will allow them to scoff at us for our lacking of it.

Technically yes, and technically no for the Oblivion novel. It did start life as a graphic novel, and was going to be one, until its creator started to work on it as a movie concept and it was picked up. So while there is no graphic novel as such, there is a 'concept book', or 'Movie artwork book' that contains all of the graphic novel stuff that you can find on eBay for between $10 and $30 ish.

And its fair enough that not everyone is as up on comics etc as some of us, but even my totally none geeky, none comic book reading friends who are movie goers knew all of these were in some form or other, origionally comics.

(in reply to chrispdaniel)
Post #: 7
RE: Oblivion - 16/2/2014 2:41:38 AM   
chrispdaniel

Thanks for the info on the Oblivion book. Much appreciated.

(in reply to GrizBe)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> 40 Movies You (Probably) Didn't Know Were Comic Books Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI