Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Robocop - 30/1/2014 9:13:39 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Why so much hate? - 30/1/2014 9:13:39 PM   
phillybobs

Can't believe all the hate for this. The trailers look awesome, the cast is amazing and Gary Oldman as his creator....? C'mon people. This seriously looks cool. I absolutely LOVE the original Paul Verhoeven movie. I know it pretty much line for line.

I get the reboot / remake thing is getting a bit tired.. (the Thing reboot / prequel was a let down..) but after the terrible sequels, tv series and miniseries, one franchise that certainly needed an upgrade was Robocop.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Why so much hate? - 30/1/2014 9:13:47 PM   
phillybobs

Can't believe all the hate for this. The trailers look awesome, the cast is amazing and Gary Oldman as his creator....? C'mon people. This seriously looks cool. I absolutely LOVE the original Paul Verhoeven movie. I know it pretty much line for line.

I get the reboot / remake thing is getting a bit tired.. (the Thing reboot / prequel was a let down..) but after the terrible sequels, tv series and miniseries, one franchise that certainly needed an upgrade was Robocop.

Post #: 3
Why so much hate? - 30/1/2014 9:14:05 PM   
phillybobs

Post #: 4
- 3/2/2014 10:28:30 PM   
7eke

You can say that again phillybobs

Post #: 5
Review? - 4/2/2014 1:30:02 PM   
guysalisbury

Where is the review guys? This is out on Friday!!!!!
Cheers :-)

Post #: 6
Review? - 4/2/2014 2:53:19 PM   
guysalisbury

Where is the review guys? This is out on Friday!!!!!
Cheers :-)

Post #: 7
RE: Review? - 5/2/2014 12:28:33 PM   
The Hooded Man

This looks like it could be a pleasant surprise but the lack of reviews suggest that all is not right either.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to guysalisbury)
Post #: 8
Hoping it's like the evil dead reboot - 5/2/2014 12:33:33 PM   
juliogeordio

I hope they have done an Evil Dead and made a film along the lines of the original but put their own stamp on it rather than taking the original and making a kiddie version of that. From the trailers I'm guessing the violence will be toned down a lot and as that is what made the original amazing, really want this to have a faint whiff of Robocop but be a completely original storyline (or as original as it can be as going to have be some crossovers from the first film, ED209)

Post #: 9
Hmmm - 5/2/2014 1:52:07 PM   
7eke

Read an intelligent review yesterday and it was quite positive. They also mentioned how they weren't expecting much from the trailers.

< Message edited by 7eke -- 5/2/2014 5:24:47 PM >

Post #: 10
RE: Hmmm - 6/2/2014 11:40:44 PM   
ElephantBoy

Its scary this, because Robocop is one of the films where enough time has passed and because of the 80's feel to the original than a modern re-boot could be good? And the cast is strong... Yet you just get the impression than a hack director (who is he anyway?) is going to fuck it up, with crap director and over reliance on special effects. Also Peter Weller is almost irreplaceable as Robocop.

Having said all that, I will be going!

(in reply to 7eke)
Post #: 11
RE: Robocop - 5/3/2014 11:57:37 PM   
ElephantBoy

Saw this last night on a cheaper day at the Odeon (5.50) honestly thought it was pretty solid and one of the better remakes.

The supporting cast really make the film and help to paper over the cracks. Jackson is perfectly cast, and I cracked up at the end when he rips into the public in such hyperbonlic fashion. The scenes involving Michael Keaton and Gary Oldman just having verbal sparing sessions were worth the price of admission alone.

Didn't think much to the guy who played Robocop (forget his name), but then no one could ever touch Weller in that part.

Post #: 12
RE: Hmmm - 6/3/2014 8:42:23 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

Its scary this, because Robocop is one of the films where enough time has passed and because of the 80's feel to the original than a modern re-boot could be good? And the cast is strong... Yet you just get the impression than a hack director (who is he anyway?) is going to fuck it up, with crap director and over reliance on special effects. Also Peter Weller is almost irreplaceable as Robocop.

Hack director? Are you serious? I take it you haven't seen the Elite Squad movies?

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 13
RE: Hmmm - 6/3/2014 1:09:42 PM   
Dirk Miggler

Like I said in in the unpopular opinion thread this is a very decent, well made film with some interesting new ideas and a cast who are, for the most part all first rate. Loses it's way in the final act but is one of the better remakes of recent memory.

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 14
RE: Hmmm - 7/3/2014 10:48:14 AM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

Hack director? Are you serious? I take it you haven't seen the Elite Squad movies?

I didn't say HE was a hack director just than that was one of my concerns when I heard they were rebooting Robocop.

Also why focus on the negative and not my pretty positive response to the film?

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Robocop Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI