Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

X-Men Producer Lauren Shuler Donner On A Channing Tatum Gambit Movie

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> X-Men Producer Lauren Shuler Donner On A Channing Tatum Gambit Movie Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
X-Men Producer Lauren Shuler Donner On A Channing Tatum... - 30/1/2014 3:25:25 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
"How can anyone resist Channing?" - 30/1/2014 3:25:25 PM   
waltham1979

Simple, I turn the TV off; then the blank screen in front of me does a better acting job of Channing Tatum in anything...ever...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: "How can anyone resist Channing?" - 30/1/2014 4:09:10 PM   
Filmmagician

THey CANNOT make C-Tate Gambit. People will revolt!

(in reply to waltham1979)
Post #: 3
- 30/1/2014 4:42:39 PM   
E.Padilla

wait what? what happened to Taylor Kitsch? he was an excellent Gambit!!

Post #: 4
no no no no - 30/1/2014 4:52:30 PM   
MrTrick

Tatum would be an awful Gambit... whilst not a major character Gambit is extremely popular and should be done right.

I think Jared Leto could do it right, his recent return to acting has won him awards and he has the look.. as well as being Cajun

Post #: 5
RE: no no no no - 30/1/2014 5:02:25 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrTrick

Tatum would be an awful Gambit... whilst not a major character Gambit is extremely popular and should be done right.

I think Jared Leto could do it right, his recent return to acting has won him awards and he has the look.. as well as being Cajun

That Sir is an inspired choice; I applaud you from my work chair!

No one is in the office with me so I am in my pants...which makes it extra special!!

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to MrTrick)
Post #: 6
re: no no no - 30/1/2014 5:12:28 PM   
MrTrick

why thank you very much

< Message edited by MrTrick -- 30/1/2014 5:14:09 PM >

Post #: 7
RE: X-Men Producer Lauren Shuler Donner On A Channing T... - 30/1/2014 5:13:30 PM   
Filmmagician

What studios don't get is that guys hate C-Tate! and comic book nerds hate him more. There are more guys than girls that will see this. Don't pander to women cause they think he's cute. That's two of the main demographics that are going to see a Gambit movie. Ahhhgg. You can't give a huge role like this to C-Tates just cause "he really wants it."
I'm a huge fan. I wanted to write this movie on spec. The perfect person to play him is Josh Holloway. If they make C-Tates Gambit there WILL be a revolt. They'll shun him away like the last 50 shades of grey lead. I gare-on-tee!

Post #: 8
RE: X-Men Producer Lauren Shuler Donner On A Channing T... - 31/1/2014 12:28:29 AM   
lynnsure

Actually what a lot of people don't get is a lot of women don't like him either. That's freaking insulting you assume the only reason women watch comic book movies is to ogle the guys. Equally annoying is this "pandering to women" mentality. Please. One of these days fanboys are going to learn that awesome storylines, dynamic characters and killer effects aren't just for boys. Just because most guys will only pay attention to women in films if they're there to serve a sexual purpose doesn't mean women return the favor. And please tell me the reason men loved Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow or Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique is because they're such gifted actresses (which they are) and never once did they enjoy the sight of their bodies on the big screen. Grow up.

(in reply to Filmmagician)
Post #: 9
RE: X-Men Producer Lauren Shuler Donner On A Channing T... - 31/1/2014 2:42:49 AM   
NeoBrowser

quote:

ORIGINAL: lynnsure
Actually what a lot of people don't get is a lot of women don't like him either. That's freaking insulting you assume the only reason women watch comic book movies is to ogle the guys. Equally annoying is this "pandering to women" mentality. Please. One of these days fanboys are going to learn that awesome storylines, dynamic characters and killer effects aren't just for boys. Just because most guys will only pay attention to women in films if they're there to serve a sexual purpose doesn't mean women return the favor. And please tell me the reason men loved Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow or Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique is because they're such gifted actresses (which they are) and never once did they enjoy the sight of their bodies on the big screen. Grow up.

No, actually Filmmagician is right. The only reason for this casting is pandering to women. Also how is it fair that women get to destroy guy's films and stories, but guys don't get to destroy your dumb romantic comedies? Oh and I really don't like Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow or Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique BECAUSE they are only there to be hot, and they are not good actresses. It works both ways.

Taylor Kitsch was just perfect in the role and they shouldn't change it!

(in reply to lynnsure)
Post #: 10
RE: X-Men Producer Lauren Shuler Donner On A Channing T... - 31/1/2014 3:51:49 AM   
Filmmagician

I'm not assuming women watch comic book movies to ogle the guys. I never said that. But think about it: WHY cast Channing Tatum? For his vast range of acting chops? Because he's so well known to do a New Orleans accent? Cause he looks so much like Gambit? Nnnnno, because he "really wants to do it" and because of movies like Magic Mike. He used to be a stripper so, yes, women want to ogle him, cause frankly, there's nothing more to him than a body and a stupid face. So they're really not looking for the best actor, are they? They're looking for eye candy, and who's hot right now. He's hot, and it's not the male viewers making him hot.

I obviously realize there are female super hero fans, clearly. But how many? For every 1 there's gotta be 500 male fans. Maybe Marvel wants more women in the seats of their movies? Is casting Channing Tatum the best way to do that? Yeah, maybe. Is it right? No. it's ridiculous, but they need female viewers, and C-Tate will bring them in. So that, my friend, is pandering.

(in reply to NeoBrowser)
Post #: 11
RE: X-Men Producer Lauren Shuler Donner On A Channing T... - 31/1/2014 11:20:53 AM   
Chris Boomen

Maybe comic book 'nerds' hate Tatum but general male audiences do not necessarily hate Tatum. He is not as widely accepted as Gosling for example, but people won't stay home when Tatum plays a movie. 21 Jump Street featured Tatum at somewhat his peak, and men still went to see that movie, and don't give me crap about how people went for Jonah Hill, who could never draw an actual audience to the movies.

"I love all the arts, but I love movies most because they combine so many of them."
~Brad Bird

(in reply to Filmmagician)
Post #: 12
RE: X-Men Producer Lauren Shuler Donner On A Channing T... - 31/1/2014 11:52:09 AM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Boomen

Maybe comic book 'nerds' hate Tatum but general male audiences do not necessarily hate Tatum. He is not as widely accepted as Gosling for example, but people won't stay home when Tatum plays a movie. 21 Jump Street featured Tatum at somewhat his peak, and men still went to see that movie, and don't give me crap about how people went for Jonah Hill, who could never draw an actual audience to the movies.

I don't hate Tatum; never met the guy - sure he is a lovely chap. Just think is a crap actor and shouldn't be cast as anything. If they were to make a film of his life he shouldn't be allowed to be cast as himself. I think he is that bad.

Although that said if he is cast it does mean, as I have mentioned in other posts, that I could then take the lady...and maybe she will do that odd moaning grunt thing she did when Chris Hemsworth took his top off in Thor 2 again...maybe...

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to Chris Boomen)
Post #: 13
RE: X-Men Producer Lauren Shuler Donner On A Channing T... - 31/1/2014 4:21:52 PM   
DJ Satan

What utter bollocks spouted in this thread so far.

I'm a guy. I love comic books. And I would love to see Channing Tatum get this role.

He's an awesome actor who has no problems with sending himself up. Magic Mike proves he can act (and if you think all he does in that film is strip you obviously have never seen it). Gosling is just dull and boring to watch. Tatum is the man!

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to waltham1979)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> X-Men Producer Lauren Shuler Donner On A Channing Tatum Gambit Movie Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI