Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Empire's Final X-Men: Days Of Future Past Cover Is Revealed! Gaze Upon The Future Sentinel In All Its Glory

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Empire's Final X-Men: Days Of Future Past Cover Is Revealed! Gaze Upon The Future Sentinel In All Its Glory Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Empire's Final X-Men: Days Of Future Past Cover Is Reve... - 28/1/2014 10:01:06 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 28/1/2014 10:01:06 AM   
Oroborous

Clever how they've managed to mirror the apprent dullness of this film in the aesthetics of these covers. But I never really understood how making something look totally uninteresting was a good marketing strategy. But what do I know?

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 28/1/2014 10:48:25 AM   
Seamie

Wasn't Rogue cut from the film? Why is she on one of the covers?

Post #: 3
RE: - 28/1/2014 11:18:03 AM   
Chis

Not sure where you heard that about but as far as im aware she hasn't been cut and is very much still in film.
Looking forward to the film but these covers are pretty terrible, actors look disinterested and some shoddy photoshop.
Though I do like the look of the future sentinels.

(in reply to Seamie)
Post #: 4
RE: RE: - 28/1/2014 11:23:13 AM   
film man aidy

I'm surprised that there isn't more of a response from this given the shear amount of covers. Future Sentinel one is probably the best, and makes me interested how they will look in the actual footage. Some are a bit iffy, but then all 25 can't be amazing!

(in reply to Chis)
Post #: 5
RE: RE: - 28/1/2014 11:52:04 AM   
Chis

Yeah, I wonder if one of the future sentinels will travel back in time too, ala Nimrod from the comics.

(in reply to film man aidy)
Post #: 6
- 28/1/2014 12:50:24 PM   
clarkkent

Yeah, Rogue HAS been cut from the flick, Singer tweeted about it. That said, none of these covers make me want to see the flick. it's a shame this doesn't seem to be continuing the First Class asthetic, cos those costumes were really cool.

Post #: 7
RE: - 28/1/2014 2:49:11 PM   
Chis

After looking it up it would appear she has been cut, I missed that news. Its a shame but if it means the film works better then its for the greater good.

(in reply to clarkkent)
Post #: 8
RE: - 28/1/2014 2:55:50 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oroborous

Clever how they've managed to mirror the apprent dullness of this film in the aesthetics of these covers. But I never really understood how making something look totally uninteresting was a good marketing strategy. But what do I know?

The film hasn't even been finished yet???!!!

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to Oroborous)
Post #: 9
RE: RE: - 28/1/2014 3:04:54 PM   
wedgeski

quote:

ORIGINAL: waltham1979

I don't agree with Oroborous's dull cynicism, but I have to kind of agree and say that, for a film about stopping a genocidal apocalypse perpetrated by giant robots, in the material so far there has been a surprising lack of both the apocalypse and robotic elements. Lots and lots of mutants stepping into shot, though. Let's hope it doesn't crumble under the weight of so many characters.

(in reply to waltham1979)
Post #: 10
RE: RE: - 28/1/2014 4:35:37 PM   
Oroborous

quote:

I feel totally lost at the seeming randomness of this question and it's lack of relevance to my original post... Errr... no, maybe it hasnt? I don't know, I'm not involved in the production. Sorry.

Post #: 11
RE: RE: - 28/1/2014 4:39:14 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

quote:

I feel totally lost at the seeming randomness of this question and it's lack of relevance to my original post... Errr... no, maybe it hasnt? I don't know, I'm not involved in the production. Sorry.

I think his point was how do you know the film is dull without having seen it first. It's a reasonable point.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Oroborous)
Post #: 12
The amount of marketing going towards this film.... - 28/1/2014 8:24:01 PM   
Holbydude

...is crazy! Like some of the covers, not all of them. I want Trask / Dinklage one! As to the upcoming movie, personally, Wolverine is a character now over used. Ellen Page is such a great actress, she should have been the focus, as in the original story. I hope the film does well and isn't crap.

Post #: 13
RE: RE: - 29/1/2014 12:41:39 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

quote:

I feel totally lost at another seemingly pointless post from you criticizing a film that isn't even finished yet and that by default you haven't watched.

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to Oroborous)
Post #: 14
Why don't people listen - 30/1/2014 8:45:19 AM   
ericcoyle

Just to address criticism of Oroborous, try reading what he says idiots! The "apparent" dullness and the film "looks" uninteresting, referring to design and visual content, which is seen in various stills etc. he does not criticise the actual film at any point. having said that, come on everyone. The X men films are all disappointments. All the characters look the same in black standard costumes, the characterisation is flat in all the films (not counting First Class here) and every attempt seems to be made to distance them from their comic book source. At least in Last Stand the Sentinels looked like Sentinels. These just look like something out of I Robot. Oroborous was just commenting on the depressing generic-ness of it all. And the music soundtrack is the dullest in all comic book movie series, totally failing to capture any emotion of consequence. Still, we live in hope that they could get it right this time (but I'm not holding my breath).

Post #: 15
RE: Why don't people listen - 30/1/2014 3:03:12 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: ericcoyle

Just to address criticism of Oroborous, try reading what he says idiots! The "apparent" dullness and the film "looks" uninteresting, referring to design and visual content, which is seen in various stills etc. he does not criticise the actual film at any point. having said that, come on everyone. The X men films are all disappointments. All the characters look the same in black standard costumes, the characterisation is flat in all the films (not counting First Class here) and every attempt seems to be made to distance them from their comic book source. At least in Last Stand the Sentinels looked like Sentinels. These just look like something out of I Robot. Oroborous was just commenting on the depressing generic-ness of it all. And the music soundtrack is the dullest in all comic book movie series, totally failing to capture any emotion of consequence. Still, we live in hope that they could get it right this time (but I'm not holding my breath).

I did read what he said. I apologies if my reading his post has made me an idiot. I 'm not going to lie to you Eric, I have unfortunately as a direct result of either the over head power cables near my place of work or vigorous and consistent masturbating or reading Oroborous's post dropped a few IQ points recently.

To be fair it could be as a result of all three as when I read his post I was masturbating at work...who knows?!

Either way I will take my idiotic posts else where. I think I will follow Oroborous to every other forum on the Empire site where he claims every film is poo whether he has seen them or not.

My cat did a poo the other day and missed her litter tray. When I say she 'missed' her litter tray that implies that the poo was close. It was in fact in my living room which is a full twenty feet away from her litter tray. The apparent dullness of his posts were represented in the aesthetics of Wanda's (that's the name of my cat) steaming turd.

It was steaming as well. I think I should change her food.

Anyway; I disagree. I enjoyed all of the X-Men films other than The Last Stand which I think they should use as a form of torture in Korean prisons; or to clean up cat poo.

As this film isn't finished, it has a stellar cast, a cracking writing team, director and Hugh Jackman with his top off a lot (this is good as it means I get to watch it with the lady and I get the good loving when we go to bed...I am comfortable that she will close her eyes and think of Wolverine; I suspect I will probably do the same that dishy Ozzy bastard!). Then personally I am looking forward to it - but hey I am a glass half full kinda guy.

Please though Eric more importantly don't hold your breath until May 23rd...I would hate for your posts to disappear.

< Message edited by waltham1979 -- 30/1/2014 4:51:42 PM >

(in reply to ericcoyle)
Post #: 16
Bad Boy - 30/1/2014 4:37:55 PM   
ericcoyle

Using bad language does not add any force to your argument at all. Indeed, it is undermined by it.
Naughty boy.

Post #: 17
RE: Bad Boy - 30/1/2014 4:50:46 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

Using bad language does not add any force to your argument at all. Indeed, it is undermined by it.
Naughty boy.

This is true. I will edit my post. I am after all an idiot.

(in reply to ericcoyle)
Post #: 18
RE: Bad Boy - 30/1/2014 4:53:12 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

quote:

Naughty boy.

This is true. I will edit my post. I am after all an idiot.

There you go; I have changed the word 'shit' to 'poo'. Its a three letter word so is immediately 25% easier to spell than the aforementioned swear word.

Post #: 19
Firm Footing for the X fan boy - 31/1/2014 11:02:50 AM   
ericcoyle

The ground I stand on is made of firmer stuff. The ground you stand on is made of... well, I think we all know what that is made of.

Post #: 20
RE: Firm Footing for the X fan boy - 31/1/2014 12:02:33 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

The ground I stand on is made of firmer stuff. The ground you stand on is made of... well, I think we all know what that is made of.

Nope...whats that?

Actually that's not true, I do know. Right now its made of wood as I am sat in my office (I am in my pants as its a Friday and no one else is in). When I get home it will be made of cheap laminate imitation wood flooring. Unless I am walking up the stairs; in which case it will be carpet.

Either way I will make sure I am in my pants.

I thought you would like to know that I cleaned my cats litter tray out when I got home last night and she immediately stopped pooing in my living room. They have also become far more solid.

I'm glad you have posted again though Eric; I was worried that you were holding your breath waiting for the new X-Men film to come out. I literally couldn't sleep last night thinking about it. But then I watched one of the X-Men films and felt a lot better. That Hugh Jackman with his top off? Wowzer!

(in reply to ericcoyle)
Post #: 21
RE: RE: - 1/2/2014 1:29:00 PM   
Oroborous

Could you find a dictionary and attempt to look up the word 'apparent' please. In fact, heres a useful link, if you would direct your gaze to the 3rd definition seen here, you may feel slighlty enlightened; http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/apparent?s=t
I neither claim to nor beieve I am able to have a reasonable opinion on the finished state of a film prior to seeing it. I am fully capable of judging how something 'appears' in it's marketing however. But this is the internet, so I suppose one can't expect people to reasonably interpret the immense subtleties of the english language in a logical manner. No, things must always be either black or white, i should have realized that obviously if I express a negative opinion of the marketing material so far published for this film, that must traslate as: "DUUUUUHHHHH THIS FILM IS CRAP! I HATE X-MEN!!!!!!!!!!!DUUUUUUHHHHHH!!!" or something to that effect.
Now you must excuse me as I go and indulge in my daily ritual of burning X-Men dvds.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 22
RE: RE: - 1/2/2014 1:33:34 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

Could you find a dictionary and attempt to look up the word 'apparent' please. In fact, heres a useful link, if you would direct your gaze to the 3rd definition seen here, you may feel slighlty enlightened; http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/apparent?s=t
I neither claim to nor beieve I am able to have a reasonable opinion on the finished state of a film prior to seeing it. I am fully capable of judging how something 'appears' in it's marketing however. But this is the internet, so I suppose one can't expect people to reasonably interpret the immense subtleties of the english language in a logical manner. No, things must always be either black or white, i should have realized that obviously if I express a negative opinion of the marketing material so far published for this film, that must traslate as: "DUUUUUHHHHH THIS FILM IS CRAP! I HATE X-MEN!!!!!!!!!!!DUUUUUUHHHHHH!!!" or something to that effect.
Now you must excuse me as I go and indulge in my daily ritual of burning X-Men dvds.

Before you start slating other members' grasp of the English language, it might be an idea to sort out your punctuation and spelling beforehand.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 1/2/2014 1:37:18 PM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Oroborous)
Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Empire's Final X-Men: Days Of Future Past Cover Is Revealed! Gaze Upon The Future Sentinel In All Its Glory Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI