Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Margot Robbie In Talks To Be Tarzan's Jane

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Margot Robbie In Talks To Be Tarzan's Jane Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Margot Robbie In Talks To Be Tarzan's Jane - 19/1/2014 7:26:40 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 19/1/2014 7:26:40 PM   
Indio

Hmm, OK so a new Tarzan is on the way whether the great viewing public wants it or not, but that line about Queen Victoria tasking Tarzan and Jane to investigate dodgy dealings (monkey business? sorry, too easy) makes me think this is going to be crap well before it goes into production

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 19/1/2014 7:29:11 PM   
dethmart

Looking forward to 'Z for Zachariah' having read the book and seen the original film with Anthony Daniels running around naked, while at secondary school

Post #: 3
- 19/1/2014 8:31:58 PM   
leroythemasochist

i remember that Z for Zachariah thing too - Pippa someone or other... and a dead sheep in the stream. We watched it at school as well - blimey.
Anyway, just seen Wolf of Wallstreet and had no idea she was an Aussie!
But the Tarzan movie sounds well ropey (or viney). like he some kind of loin cloth-wearing Dick Tracey. It'll be crap, no contest. Hopefully Margot will survive the quite obvious terribleness of it all!

Post #: 4
- 20/1/2014 12:02:32 AM   
jowenbmd

I tend to agree that the storyline as we know it, so far, does not sound good. But if they follow the story in The Return of Tarzan, the 2nd Tarzan book, the movie's finale could be exciting. They must get away from all previous screen adaptations. The new concept of Tarzan has to be the original concept, or they'll just have another cookie-cutter Tarzan film. Please, no more yodeling as he swings through the trees. Alexander Skarsgard cannot be the best choice for this role. There must be a better choice out there.
Margot Robbie appears to be a fine choice for the Jane role.

Post #: 5
Oooooh nnoooo!!! - 20/1/2014 12:53:11 PM   
ODForrest

Sorry this just sounds rubbish, I love Tarzan and read some of the books (not all) and even the comics (from way back) the film adaptations vary from Brilliant to well ropey (ouch) but no the casting is wrong and the plot is lazy. If they want to do it again then start with the origin, update and use the better SFX we now have, rather than this pish!

Post #: 6
Ooosh! - 20/1/2014 2:57:20 PM   
Litshttam

Margot Robbie could grab a-hold of my 'vine' anytime ;) I've had my eye on her since her stint in Neighbours.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Margot Robbie In Talks To Be Tarzan's Jane Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI