Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

First Official Jupiter Ascending Still Hits

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> First Official Jupiter Ascending Still Hits Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
First Official Jupiter Ascending Still Hits - 7/1/2014 12:21:54 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: Meh - 7/1/2014 12:30:20 PM   
Hugh_Fran

quote:

have the Wachowskis made anything even remotely good since the first Matrix?!

Yes, it's called Cloud Atlas
Post #: 2
RE: Meh - 7/1/2014 3:23:32 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hugh_Fran

quote:

have the Wachowskis made anything even remotely good since the first Matrix?!

Yes, it's called Cloud Atlas

Personally I didn't like it - thought it was just as overtly pretentious and tedious as the final two Matrix films...

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to Hugh_Fran)
Post #: 3
RE: Meh - 7/1/2014 3:30:37 PM   
Nicky C

Why do people bother to post 'meh?' Meh means you're not bothered, so why post at all? What a depressingly stupid attitude. In future, if you're feeling 'meh', just go find something else to read. Don't be one of those frustrated filmmakers who's too much of a pussy to make their own film and tries to make up for it by putting down those that are brave enough to be artists. Douchelord ... stabbing at the world from your parents' basement, no doubt.
Post #: 4
RE: Meh - 7/1/2014 5:06:12 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nicky C

Why do people bother to post 'meh?' Meh means you're not bothered, so why post at all? What a depressingly stupid attitude. In future, if you're feeling 'meh', just go find something else to read. Don't be one of those frustrated filmmakers who's too much of a pussy to make their own film and tries to make up for it by putting down those that are brave enough to be artists. Douchelord ... stabbing at the world from your parents' basement, no doubt.

My gosh you are a penus aren't you!? Its not a 'depressingly stupid attitude' to have. I was merely pointing out that I wasn't looking forward to this film based on the trailer (which I thought was poor) and additionally as I haven't been impressed with the Wachowskis output since The Matrix which was, in my opinion, one of the best most ground breaking pieces of cinema in modern film history.

I meant 'meh' to the trailer which you are correct, I wasn't bothered about on watching it. In future I will only post an opinion if I like the trailer - is that better? I don't want to upset you see as I am worried that your concern that I am 'stabbing at the world from your parents' basement' is in fact an outward projection of your own personal situation.

If you disagree with my opinion then perhaps disagree with it? As you see its also my opinion that people (in this case you) that use web forums to abuse someone for voicing an opinion that does not match there own, are in fact sad cunts who aren't 'brave' enough to have an opinion. Or on the other hand they are just generally too angry to type an opinion so respond with a tantrum. My son did that too me once when on his twelfth birthday I took away his Grand Theft Auto game that his uncle had bought him as I told him he was six years too young to play it - his X-Box ended up in the bin. Are you 12?

Either way; I am going to take your sage advice and 'go find something else to read'. I would recommend you do the same. May I recommend to you maybe 'Quiet Your Mind. Change Your Life' by Victor N. Davich or 'Deep Meditation - Pathway to Personal Freedom' by Yogani - both books that I've been told are both very relaxing and about channeling your anger into different forms of relaxation and pathways to a more serenity style of thinking. Or perhaps 'Cunt: A Declaration of Independence' by Inga Muscio would be better suited to you.

Maybe buy some puppies. Puppies I've been told are very calming. I bought a kitten last year, I was going to call him Steve Rodgers as it seemed a good name for a cat, but then 'he' turned out to be a 'she' and so my lady recommended Wanda after my favorite film 'A Fish Called Wanda'. So I now have a cat called Wanda. She is very relaxing, when she sits on my lap and purrs (that's my cat...not my lady). Although the other day she did do a shit on my Sky broadband box...I'd like to think it was a protest against Rupert Murdoch but in anyway I wasn't very relaxed then (again I should reiterate this was the cat, not my lady who did the aforementioned shit).

Either way my friend, you need to get laid or take some Yoga classes. Douchelord indeed.

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to Nicky C)
Post #: 5
RE: Meh - 7/1/2014 6:55:25 PM   
garvielloken

Meh.

Exactly six miles north of Skagg Mountain in the Valley of Pain, there lives an evil devilmonster. His name is Bingo Gas Station Motel Cheeseburger With A Side Of Aircraft Noise And You'll Be Gary Indiana.

Razzle them, dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

(in reply to waltham1979)
Post #: 6
RE: Meh - 7/1/2014 8:21:36 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nicky C

Meh, meh and thrice meh.

On a slightly more serious note, if you have a problem with forumites putting down "those that are brave enough to be artists", I'm afraid you're in the wrong place.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 8/1/2014 12:04:23 AM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Nicky C)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> First Official Jupiter Ascending Still Hits Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI