Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Batman Vs. Superman's Gal Gadot Defends Wonder Woman Casting

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Batman Vs. Superman's Gal Gadot Defends Wonder Woman Casting Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Batman Vs. Superman's Gal Gadot Defends Wonder Woman Ca... - 30/12/2013 3:49:01 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: Arrrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh" - 31/12/2013 12:47:04 PM   
Toad

Have you not read The Dark Knight Returns?

I aim to misbehave.

Post #: 2
RE: Arrrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh" - 31/12/2013 4:47:08 PM   
mclane1

No I haven't read it. Again why would they be fighting???

If the cash is there, we do not care.

(in reply to Toad)
Post #: 3
Batman Vs. Superman's Gal Gadot Defends Wonder Woman Ca... - 31/12/2013 7:00:54 PM   
rich

Protecting mankind? Batman is an violent uncontrollable vigilante law unto himself, and Superman takes his orders from the Whitehouse; that's why.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to mclane1)
Post #: 4
RE: Arrrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh" - 31/12/2013 8:20:03 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: mclane1

No I haven't read it. Again why would they be fighting???

Cos Bruce Wayne snogged Clarks mother in Hollywoodland dressed in a Superman suit

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to mclane1)
Post #: 5
RE: Arrrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh" - 1/1/2014 8:30:03 AM   
mclane1

So no one actually knows then. The previous comment about batman being a vigilante who doesn't care is not something I've ever seen in any batman movie so that theory can't be right either and even if it were it would take 2 minutes for batman to say to superman " hang on, I'm a good guy, look at all the good things I've done" to which superman would reply " oh yes, that's very clear, why for fu@!!s sake would I need to fight you".

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 6
RE: Arrrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh" - 1/1/2014 10:02:57 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

So no one actually knows then. The previous comment about batman being a vigilante who doesn't care is not something I've ever seen in any batman movie so that theory can't be right either and even if it were it would take 2 minutes for batman to say to superman " hang on, I'm a good guy, look at all the good things I've done" to which superman would reply " oh yes, that's very clear, why for fu@!!s sake would I need to fight you".

I'm assuming it will become more clearer when you watch the film. Just a hunch.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 1/1/2014 10:21:58 AM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to mclane1)
Post #: 7
RE: Arrrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh" - 1/1/2014 10:26:14 AM   
Toad

Okay I'll try and keep this short as I don't want to write a big essay

In the Dark Knight Returns which is set in the future Batman is an old man and has retired for a couple of reasons but the main point for this answer is the government has outlawed superheroes.
Apart from Superman who is now Americas "Nuclear" deterrent. For reasons which I'll not go into (incase you do ever read it) Batman comes out of retirement and to cut a long story short it comes to a point where Superman is told by the President to stop him however he can even if it means killing him.
So even though they are friends they fight, won't say who wins either.

That is at least one reason why they would fight but I don't think it is what will happen in the movie.

I aim to misbehave.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 8
RE: Arrrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh" - 1/1/2014 3:00:14 PM   
mclane1

Thank you. Now I see and that does kinda make sense. I shall be angered no more :)

(in reply to Toad)
Post #: 9
Batman Vs. Superman's Gal Gadot Defends Wonder Woman Ca... - 1/1/2014 9:22:45 PM   
rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: Toad

That is at least one reason why they would fight but I don't think it is what will happen in the movie.

Yeah I didn't want to go into the details for anyone that might be reading it. But there it is.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Toad)
Post #: 10
RE: What a depressing thread... - 1/1/2014 9:55:23 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: lukeynemo

Some of the comments on this thread are just pathetic misogyny, and that journalist deserved a kick in the nuts. No, she doesn't have large breasts. If that's your number one priority for the character, then you don't get what the character is about. At all. As for muscle and body mass, she's got a lonnnng time to workout and build mass. Whoever said "she seems to think that running and eating broccoli will do it" has obviously never done a kickboxing or jujitsu workout. Look at the transformation Christian Bale went through for Batman; you don't think this girl could do the same for Wonder Woman under the guidance of the same studio, probably employing the same personal trainers and nutritionists? Get your heads out of your asses. There's more to Wonder Woman than tits.

I dont think anyone expected Christian Bale to grow a massive set of tits to play Batman.I think thats even beyond his amazing body transformation skills.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''
Post #: 11
RE: What a depressing thread... - 2/1/2014 9:24:11 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

Some of the comments on this thread are just pathetic misogyny, and that journalist deserved a kick in the nuts. No, she doesn't have large breasts. If that's your number one priority for the character, then you don't get what the character is about.

I have to sort of agree with this. I'm a heterosexual man, I love breasts as much as the next guy and I won't apologise for that. But if you're focussing on Gadot's physical attributes as opposed to her acting prowess, then you're probably a sad, sexist little fanboy who probably can't connect with a woman in the real world.

Oh, and since when was slavishly copying everything from a comic an indication of quality? Do you want to surprised by a film or do you just want a frame-by-frame recreation of a comic book?

Personally speaking, I think the real dark cloud hanging over this project is actually Zack Snyder. They could cast the reanimated corpse of Frankie Howerd as Wonder Woman for all I care.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 2/1/2014 9:29:18 AM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013
Post #: 12
RE: What a depressing thread... - 2/1/2014 10:35:38 AM   
BelfastBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

quote:

Some of the comments on this thread are just pathetic misogyny, and that journalist deserved a kick in the nuts. No, she doesn't have large breasts. If that's your number one priority for the character, then you don't get what the character is about. At all. As for muscle and body mass, she's got a lonnnng time to workout and build mass. Whoever said "she seems to think that running and eating broccoli will do it" has obviously never done a kickboxing or jujitsu workout. Look at the transformation Christian Bale went through for Batman; you don't think this girl could do the same for Wonder Woman under the guidance of the same studio, probably employing the same personal trainers and nutritionists? Get your heads out of your asses. There's more to Wonder Woman than tits.

I dont think anyone expected Christian Bale to grow a massive set of tits to play Batman.I think thats even beyond his amazing body transformation skills.

He did a pretty good job for American Hustle!

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 13
RE: Arrrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh" - 2/1/2014 10:58:19 AM   
Chris Boomen

quote:

I'm sorry, but that is just a ridiculous statement. "[that] is not something I've ever seen in any batman movie so that theory can't be right either." If they were only going to recycle old batman movie stories, instead of using new ones from the comic books or their imagination, they could have just cast George Clooney or Val Kilmer again.

I do not really understand everyone's problem with Gal Gadot. Every woman in comic books has massive breasts with a huge cleavage. That is because most comic book readers are male, and they much rather see woman with a 'huge rack'. However, DC/Warner Bros. also wants to get women to theatres for their movie. If they can find a woman, that does not have a massive rack, and if they make her look as human as possible, woman can relate to her and she'll generate a fanbase. Comic book accuracy is ridiculous, because in most comics the bodies of Batsy and Supes are indeed muscular, but if Cavill and Affleck would get into that shape, they would like disgusting body builders.

"I love all the arts, but I love movies most because they combine so many of them."
~Brad Bird

(in reply to mclane1)
Post #: 14
RE: Oh Lord - 2/1/2014 9:54:10 PM   
sifter132

quote:

ORIGINAL: HulkySmashSmash

Comic Stans yet again not being able to understand that she hasn't started filming. Look at the boobs they gave Jolie in Tomb Raider. Look at the body Jolie had in Tomb Raider. She's skinnier than an A4 sheet in real life.

Yah I was thinking of Jolie too, funnily enough. I know they padded her bra in Tomb Raider to give her an extra cup size, and she was definitely in the best shape of her life for it. Not overly strong looking, but a vast improvement on her usual physique. But it worked! I thought she WAS Lara Croft - great cast in my opinion even though she was probably too skinny for it initially.

Gal Gadot will probably be the same thing, she has plenty of time to build up her body. We know Snyder will get her working hard because of his history - he's built up the 300 guys, and Henry Cavill before. Ditto for the chicks in Sucker Punch who were crowing about the heavy weights they were lifting at the time. I think she'll be fine. I personally would have rathered someone that was a little closer to the physical Wonder Woman ideal already, but hey, you can't have everything...
Post #: 15
Ugh - 6/1/2014 12:21:13 AM   
RobertX

Her comments lead me to believe she doesn't get Wonder Woman at all. Can she even act? Hollywood can pack muscle on so I am not worried about that. If she goes as is, it is a FAIL.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Batman Vs. Superman's Gal Gadot Defends Wonder Woman Casting Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI