Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The last Empire review I will ever read.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Magazine >> The last Empire review I will ever read. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The last Empire review I will ever read. - 28/12/2013 11:41:20 PM   
jrewing1000

Thanks Empire, for throwing in spoilers to the Blue Is The Warmest Colour Review. Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you?? You actually have the balls to give away what happens 2 hours into the review? If this is something you stand by, then it's goodbye from me.
Post #: 1
RE: The last Empire review I will ever read. - 29/12/2013 12:04:44 AM   
kevorino

quote:

ORIGINAL: jrewing1000

Thanks Empire, for throwing in spoilers to the Blue Is The Warmest Colour Review. Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you?? You actually have the balls to give away what happens 2 hours into the review? If this is something you stand by, then it's goodbye from me.

I don't think that's a film most people will be watching for the plot anyway

< Message edited by kevorino -- 29/12/2013 12:10:28 AM >

(in reply to jrewing1000)
Post #: 2
RE: The last Empire review I will ever read. - 29/12/2013 1:24:22 AM   
dseys

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevorino

quote:

... and anyway from what I heard I don't think there's even a plot in that movie, it seems to be more of a "cinematographic experience" than an actual movie with an interesting story in it...

(in reply to kevorino)
Post #: 3
RE: The last Empire review I will ever read. - 2/1/2014 11:13:38 AM   
jrewing1000

quote:

ORIGINAL: dseys

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevorino

quote:

... and anyway from what I heard I don't think there's even a plot in that movie, it seems to be more of a "cinematographic experience" than an actual movie with an interesting story in it...

What on earth has that got to do with anything? Reviews are supposed to critique a film without giving anything away for the viewer. It is typical lazy reviewing to just summarise what happens in a film. Empire reviews have been steadily going downhill this way for a long time. I've had enough, and I KNOW I'm not alone because I see this complaint all the time. To think that this review actually got approved is utterly ridiculous.

(in reply to dseys)
Post #: 4
RE: The last Empire review I will ever read. - 15/1/2014 1:02:57 PM   
McAvennie

It's happening more or more. A review is no longer a critique of the film it is basically just a synopsis of what happens up until about the mid-point. Great, thanks. So now when I go I know that this happens and then this happens before the big pivotal moment...

It all feeds into the increasingly obvious desire for film writers to be the star themselves. "Oh you haven't seen that yet, oh, of course, you didn't get to see the pre-release did you..." You have seen the film before us. Whoop de doop. It is permeating into the whole magazine as well. It does not take a rocket scientist to work out a character's fate just from the knowing tone of the writing.

And seriously, do we really need to have mention of certain EMPIRE staff members every issue.

(in reply to jrewing1000)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Magazine >> The last Empire review I will ever read. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI